eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Unbelievable. Season update.
Jupiler League this season has 18 teams instead of 16 last year.
What have Konami in the game? 16 teams.

season update, my ass...
Omg Gerd. The day we would swap roles came true finally :(

• *The following leagues will be updated to the 2020-2021 season via a Data Pack scheduled for release post-launch on October 22.
    • Serie A TIM, Serie BKT (Italian League 1st and 2nd Divisions)
    • Raiffeisen Super League (Swiss League)
    • Jupiler Pro League (Belgian League)
    • Süper Lig
    • Spanish League
    • Spanish 2nd Division
SOURCE: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/page/license

I think they added a new "quickly grab the ball from the net after scoring" animation when you're a goal or two down. I thought it looked pretty neat.

Also, dribbling past players has been optimised. Meaning there's 50/50 chance you can pull it off. While in PES 2020 it felt like a 20/80 chance.

Why?
Did you have PES 2020?
Does it matter?
What if i do not have 2020?
That means that i shouldn't play 2021?
Yes, i have every single PES (ISS) for PC and PS2, PSX and older systems.
I have 2020 also.
And i can say that game itself is finally fluid, enjoyable and i still wanna play one more game.
Also, graphically is similar to 2020, but gameplay is not.

I think they added a new "quickly grab the ball from the net after scoring" animation when you're a goal or two down. I thought it looked pretty neat.

Also, dribbling past players has been optimised. Meaning there's 50/50 chance you can pull it off. While in PES 2020 it felt like a 20/80 chance.
New animation of goal net grabbing? Because there's already one around for ages

Ok so i gave in and bought it with not having any footy game fix to play.

Initial impressions is I'm very pleasantly surprised. Mostly because i enjoyed the demo and vanilla game last year before they patched the character out of it. This version feels like that vanilla version but with a bit more polish.

Had a few games and I've seen the cpu hit some long range efforts and some variation in their play.

I will 100% not update this EVER. Because at the moment its playable and fairly enjoyable. I won't take the risk of killing my 25-30 quid (pesuniverse option file) investment just for Konami to make it a useless mess of a sports game.

I will sit down later and play some more.

Back to this.. Is the solution to unplug the network or can you make a setting in the PS4?

PES 2021 Master League is exactly the same as PES 2020's, no improvements. Some users don't like Master League. I'm enjoying this mode. I find a lot of users overlook important aspects of this mode and they end disappointed.

In a recent post I rembered some of this important aspects:

I want to share my thoughts on the “scripting” of PES 2020 in the Master League mode.

I play Master League with the default team and full manual (0 Passing Assistance, Advance Through balls and Manual shooting).

Things that we call “scripting” make sense in Master League mode:

1) Playing FUMA is a different game from playing with PA Assistance. When we talk about the game in the forum is an important to know if we play FUMA or with some PA.

2) Stats are important on FUMA, we can make a pass or a shoot manually but the success of our actions depends on stats.

3) There are a important things that have influence on the gameplay, on the success of the actions we perform with the controller, not only the stats or the ability of the gamer:

Individual: Chemistry. This is the heat map around players. When there’s no heat around a player it finds difficult to pass correctly to the other players and also to receive passes of their mates. We call this scripting or bad AI. The way to improve Chemistry is to play a lot of matches with the same players. I find this is a realistic situation and reflects the real life.

Team: Team Spirit. This is similar to Chemistry but affects to the performance of all the team. We can improve team spirit lining up players with good chemistry and using players with playing style “Playmaker”. We can improve the team spirit when the Captain is a player with the “Playmaker” style.

Team: Tactics. Play with the same tactic a lot of matches. The players will adapt to the tactic and improve Team Spirit. If we change to a new tactic the team spirit drops since they have to adapt to the new tactic.

I like to have care of all these variables during my season and it makes sense since the bad AI or the scripting is the result of low chemistry or team spirit. Once you make the correct decisions the chemistry and team spirit improves and the team plays better, better AI, no clunkiness. I like to see how my team improves as the season progresses.

I think we call scripting or bad AI to a lot of actions that are the result of bad chemistry or lower team spirit.

There's an interesting recent post from B-Man about Advanced Instructions. Thanks:

One of the things I've had to do before and I am going to do before I start a ML in 2021, is edit the tactics in all the teams in my league as well as the top teams in europe in case i see them in UCL. For the most part, I turn off all advanced instructions for them. Now the A.I. will randomly turn different ones on and off throughout the course of a match, however, I just find the A.I. plays me better when advanced instructions are off by default at least against me on top player in ML.

The problem I have with advanced instructions is they override a lot of the the other instructions/player styles. Konami has done a piss poor job really educating the fans that most, not all, but most, advance instructions should be used situationally during a match because they override other instructions and player styles. I know a lot of pes players that keep them on for an entire match! When i've done that i've just felt my team didn't play right because the advanced instructions are too literal. I've had a lengthy conversation with Robbye Ron about this and konami's inability to really inform the fans on these different tactical elements and how they interact and cancel out or override other player styles or tactical elements. He agreed.

For example, if you have two wingbacks that are "offensive fullbacks" play style, there isn't a need to have attacking fullbacks advanced instruction on for an entire match and have your DMF drop deep taking him out of the build up.

The good thing is Konami knows they have way too much going on under the hood with the A.I. and the tactics. Based off my conversation with Adam Bhatti a few months ago, this is something they are working on for 2022. Too much going on with too many layers. I really really hope we get better tactics/A.I. for 2022 lol because yea, there are flaws in other parts of gameplay but overall, if the A.I. was PS2 comparable A.I., way way more people would be playing and enjoying the game.

I'm going to make a huge post about player styles and their impact in a bit haha so be ready!

I play PES games since ISS PRO 98. I'm not a good gamer but I keep trying all the new systems Konami has tried to put into the game. A lot of my friends keep playing PES 2020 like PES 6 and they get frustated.

Some of my friends disregard:

- Manual passing. We can play manually since PES 2013, I started on PES 2017 but a lot of friends insist on playing with PA assistance. A lot of the issues that frustrate my friends dissapear playing manual passing.
- Advanced through ball. Some insists that this system is broken and it's not, it's perfect, you can put the ball everywhere once you get used to it.
- Manual or Advanced Shooting. Once you get used to it these modes are very rewarding.
- The "catch up bug". When two players are running who is faster not only depends on speed stats, we have to consider the stamina, the form arrows and in some modes the team spirit.
- The advanced instructions. See great B-Man post.
- The offensive and deffensive tactics are important.

I think PES games are complex if we want to control all these variables, playing FUMA, Master League chemistry, Team spirit.... But PES games rewards every effort you put in. I enjoying this game a lot and I wanted to share my thoughts.

hello everyone, haven't bought a pes game since pes2017, just reading the positive comments today so for 25 quid and for pc patches im back in the game

+1. Just took the decision. After seeing FIFA it seems unrealistic that it can offer anything for me. I don't own PES 2020. I'm willing to give it a chance.. At least the price is 'fair'.

In the end it seems like 50/50 in feeling. Now i'm trying.

hello everyone, haven't bought a pes game since pes2017, just reading the positive comments today so for 25 quid and for pc patches im back in the game

Damn mate haven't seen you around in a loong time. :)

Nope mate! Grab it for £14.99 now!

https://www.cdkeys.com/efootball

Legit source, I've been using this site for years now and never had any single issue with it :)

See mate you are about to make me get this before I am ready, this makes me feel like I will see if for even cheaper by next month.

Wow I set maximum 2 on speed and game is still to slow. Is there a way to make it faster and more responsible ? In 20 I used Nesa speed server but I didnt find to 21. Is Nesa still making it ?

The offer seems to be over, but you could have bought a special edition anyway without ever entering myClub.
Don't think so, their website still promotes it and it says clearly "Get an exclusive discount if you own eFootball PES 2020 *Discounts are available until 00:00 (UTC) on 29/10/2020."

One of the things I've had to do before and I am going to do before I start a ML in 2021, is edit the tactics in all the teams in my league as well as the top teams in europe in case i see them in UCL. For the most part, I turn off all advanced instructions for them. Now the A.I. will randomly turn different ones on and off throughout the course of a match, however, I just find the A.I. plays me better when advanced instructions are off by default at least against me on top player in ML.

The problem I have with advanced instructions is they override a lot of the the other instructions/player styles. Konami has done a piss poor job really educating the fans that most, not all, but most, advance instructions should be used situationally during a match because they override other instructions and player styles. I know a lot of pes players that keep them on for an entire match! When i've done that i've just felt my team didn't play right because the advanced instructions are too literal. I've had a lengthy conversation with Robbye Ron about this and konami's inability to really inform the fans on these different tactical elements and how they interact and cancel out or override other player styles or tactical elements. He agreed.

For example, if you have two wingbacks that are "offensive fullbacks" play style, there isn't a need to have attacking fullbacks advanced instruction on for an entire match and have your DMF drop deep taking him out of the build up.

The good thing is Konami knows they have way too much going on under the hood with the A.I. and the tactics. Based off my conversation with Adam Bhatti a few months ago, this is something they are working on for 2022. Too much going on with too many layers. I really really hope we get better tactics/A.I. for 2022 lol because yea, there are flaws in other parts of gameplay but overall, if the A.I. was PS2 comparable A.I., way way more people would be playing and enjoying the game.

I'm going to make a huge post about player styles and their impact in a bit haha so be ready!

PES have done a really poor job of default tactics for quite a while now. I think the system itself is decent enough, though it could be more detailed I suppose. However the default tactics assigned to teams are just terribly wrong and as you say the advanced tactics really influence the way the AI plays. I often see them just being lazy and giving every mid to bottom of the table team Swarm the Box and Deep Defensive Line, even if there are clearly teams who may not be great at it but at least try to play attacking football with a high defensive line. Klashman does a great job with tactics so I will definitely wait for his work before starting a ML campaign. The game is certainly smarter if you play against a team with correct tactics applied. I do agree that most of the advanced tactics should be used according to circumstance. I hate Swarm the Box and Deep Defensive Line but I have definitely found them useful when I was defending a 1-0 lead with 10 men.

Omg Gerd. The day we would swap roles came true finally :(

• *The following leagues will be updated to the 2020-2021 season via a Data Pack scheduled for release post-launch on October 22.
    • Serie A TIM, Serie BKT (Italian League 1st and 2nd Divisions)
    • Raiffeisen Super League (Swiss League)
    • Jupiler Pro League (Belgian League)
    • Süper Lig
    • Spanish League
    • Spanish 2nd Division
SOURCE: https://www.konami.com/wepes/2021/eu/en/ps4/page/license

Thanks.
But things like the number of clubs should be ok from day one, not more than a month later...

Ok, I might not be in the right frame of mind because I'm coming on here fresh from a real good hiding from my 19 year old son , were both seasoned Pes players , I got him into it in the first place . Where do I start ? The game to me feels broken , far beyond the issues of pes2020 , the players are so inconsistent with there touches , passing is not responsive , most of my conceded goals have come from silly touches , tangled legs , horrible rebounds , opponents playing one twos off my defenders then getting ball back and scoring tap ins . I'm coming to this game fresh from Pes 2020 and it's so different in terms of gameplay . My son actually said to me after the match ''that I just have to get use to the bs and laugh about it '' , don't know if I can .

Nope mate! Grab it for £14.99 now!

https://www.cdkeys.com/efootball

Legit source, I've been using this site for years now and never had any single issue with it :)
Mate, all of these key sale sites are legit connected with black market and even mafia stuff. Just do a few google searches and see how bad it is. A few developers came out saying that they would rather someone pirate their games than use these sites.
But sure, if you wanna support this go ahead.

Mate, all of these key sale sites are legit connected with black market and even mafia stuff. Just do a few google searches and see how bad it is. A few developers came out saying that they would rather someone pirate their games than use these sites.
But sure, if you wanna support this go ahead.
Normally I'd agree, but to be honest I have zero sympathy for Konami in this regard. They are "proud partners" of Eneba, an even more dodgy site than CDKeys, just check out the Steam games and sort by cheapest etc, there's no transparency of where they get their keys from and seems just as shady as G2A and the like.

Yet scroll to the bottom and you see this;
2eVACCC.png

Konami (or any of those other publishers) can't really have any complaints about people sourcing cheap keys from grey markets when they are actively supporting one of the dodgiest looking ones in Eneba.

Nope. No improvements.

Speaking of regens, for PES 2022 Konami should really start looking into deep learning generative models for creating completely random but unique regens. They can feed current players into their model and have it spit out newly created players with similar attributes and appearance.
Hello again everyone
I truly hate regens, they're so bloody unrealistic, I hope the finally implement something better for next year, I'm sure it is not that hard

Normally I'd agree, but to be honest I have zero sympathy for Konami in this regard. They are "proud partners" of Eneba, an even more dodgy site than CDKeys, just check out the Steam games and sort by cheapest etc, there's no transparency of where they get their keys from and seems just as shady as G2A and the like.
Man, a new low for Konami, didn't know that, thanks. I still won't use the sites though since it's also supporting all kinds of other shady businesess with my money even if it hurts Konami.

Back
Top Bottom