eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Can anyone confirm if online is still just a laggy mess. Its become worse lately than ever before. The thing is I know there are the lag cheats but when I'm playing my own brother and both of us have decent Internet yet will still get no end of jitters and lag. Its becoming a game changer for us. We are now for the 1st time since pes began talking of just going to fifa if means we can play lag free. So fed up of konami and their servers. Just don't see the point spending 25quid on an update for more of the same servers. Just shocking for 2020!

So let me see If I got this straight. Im going tô put It on an exemple:

If I buy an Toyota or a Honda , then after one year the car starts tô show some problems, then I drive It to an authorized mechanic. Getting there, the enployee says that there is nothing he can do. The only way is getting a brand new car.

Or, what is worst, you take a brand new vehícule to a routine inspection by km only, and they give the car back with a malfunction and say: Sorry but you have tô buy a new one.

Well, captalism or not, I never see something like that in my whole life. Even for a third world standards like Brazil.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing PES2021 on manual passing; it's been fun and challenging so far. Something I noticed about playing on manual passing is I tend to use :r1: less and I find myself thinking a bit more before I make a pass. Anyone had this same experience?

Plus, it seem, the COM also plays on manual passing when I had it set.

Maybe Konami should make this main and only passing system?

Hardly a comparison comparing cars to video games and 10s of thousands of pounds to a game as low as £13 ..end of Feb day it's a choice

Carry on with Pes 20.or pay for an improved version. How improved depends on whose playing it

Its not just about the value. Its about the practice. PES 20 was quite good a couple of DP back.

In some ways these kinds of "Season Update" versions may be a better way to do things than what we typically get each year. Just refining the previous year's game to make it a bit better...

Most years they end up cramming stuff in that ends up being half-arsed, unfinished or just done for the sake of it without any real value. Like changing R2 close control to RS or adding a few meaningless cutscenes for ML so they have something that looks nice to put in a trailer or on the back of the box, when there's no real substance to it. Honestly, look at the Amazon pages for each version like 15-20, see the summary of "features" and think how much they contributed to the game or were even evident/memorable at all, there's not many you would really say they executed properly or were worth it.

We'd probably have a better game by now if they had just done a "Season Update" every year gradually finetuning PES 2014 or 2017 to the best it could possibly be, rather than having to make up new gimmicks to cram in each year to justify it as a "new" game. Release one game, do 2 or 3 season updates and then release the next full game when the added features are substantial and fully completed.

Last edited:
I'm currently playing PES2021 on manual passing; it's been fun and challenging so far. Something I noticed about playing on manual passing is I tend to use :r1: less and I find myself thinking a bit more before I make a pass. Anyone had this same experience?

Plus, it seem, the COM also plays on manual passing when I had it set.

Maybe Konami should make this main and only passing system?
They won't, many people are using pass assist 2 and 3. They would receive a lot of complaints.
I noticed that on manual, passing is a bit heavier than it was on Pes 2020, you need to apply more power.
Playing on manual is a way better experience, but konami should look at finesse shots and change LT/L2 to force low shots.

They won't, many people are using pass assist 2 and 3. They would receive a lot of complaints.
I noticed that on manual, passing is a bit heavier than it was on Pes 2020, you need to apply more power.
Playing on manual is a way better experience, but konami should look at finesse shots and change LT/L2 to force low shots.
If I'm starting a new game, I'd make manual the only way to pass the ball. Then money would make me change my mind to attract a bigger player base I guess.

Is anybody having problems with through balls? I have the setting on advanced and through balls are all over the place, over-powered and going in all directions. It's not anything i am doing, but when i change the settings to basic it seems fine

Is there any ML walkthrough video on Youtube, which is not about ARSENAL/MAN UNITED/LIVERPOOR/BARCELONA ?

EDIT: hardly found one about Rangers.

Is there anything new at all within Master League?

Any new leagues or lost leagues?
Regens?
Transfer system?

Basically anything fun added or removed :)

Is there anything new at all within Master League?

Any new leagues or lost leagues?
Regens?
Transfer system?

Basically anything fun added or removed :)
Nope. No improvements.

Speaking of regens, for PES 2022 Konami should really start looking into deep learning generative models for creating completely random but unique regens. They can feed current players into their model and have it spit out newly created players with similar attributes and appearance.

I purchased it. It is a little better. Seems more refined.

Rosters not up to date yet. Guess waiting for window to end? Live update only will add players once they make it man squad for competitive game so a week or so yet in prem and serie a

Still scripted online. Won first 2.
3rd game 2 up and cruisinf then44th 45th goals where i csnt clear ball or a throughball just decimates me and it's tied. 2nd half its making me miss easy open goals and he scores winner by being super fast and strong vs all my defenders. Pathetic

Playing last night long ball to my forward ..Cpu last defender wins the ball it rolls forward,he freezes and then goes into the offside trap command/rather then get ball track player command,turning direction and walking away from the ball..The second defender who’s 3 metres behind me engages and tracks me..I’m already away for a easy goal..Totally spoils a great game.

First time I’ve experienced that in 5 days..Pes21 turned off instantly.Put fifa20 on.😂😂😂..It’s the shit like this that just beggers believe!..I don’t mind the rigidity because it’s pes,but these are basic AI command issues.

Pes21 is so brilliant in so many ways especially build up play/ball physics,Individuality,manual gameplay..But these little things😡🤬

I just hope Ea pull out all the stops on there next gen version this year and we get great ball physics and error in touch and passing(for me that’s all that makes that game hollow).

Last edited:
One of the things I've had to do before and I am going to do before I start a ML in 2021, is edit the tactics in all the teams in my league as well as the top teams in europe in case i see them in UCL. For the most part, I turn off all advanced instructions for them. Now the A.I. will randomly turn different ones on and off throughout the course of a match, however, I just find the A.I. plays me better when advanced instructions are off by default at least against me on top player in ML.

The problem I have with advanced instructions is they override a lot of the the other instructions/player styles. Konami has done a piss poor job really educating the fans that most, not all, but most, advance instructions should be used situationally during a match because they override other instructions and player styles. I know a lot of pes players that keep them on for an entire match! When i've done that i've just felt my team didn't play right because the advanced instructions are too literal. I've had a lengthy conversation with Robbye Ron about this and konami's inability to really inform the fans on these different tactical elements and how they interact and cancel out or override other player styles or tactical elements. He agreed.

For example, if you have two wingbacks that are "offensive fullbacks" play style, there isn't a need to have attacking fullbacks advanced instruction on for an entire match and have your DMF drop deep taking him out of the build up.

The good thing is Konami knows they have way too much going on under the hood with the A.I. and the tactics. Based off my conversation with Adam Bhatti a few months ago, this is something they are working on for 2022. Too much going on with too many layers. I really really hope we get better tactics/A.I. for 2022 lol because yea, there are flaws in other parts of gameplay but overall, if the A.I. was PS2 comparable A.I., way way more people would be playing and enjoying the game.

I'm going to make a huge post about player styles and their impact in a bit haha so be ready!

Playing last night long ball to my forward ..Cpu last defender wins the ball it rolls forward,he freezes and then goes into the offside trap command/rather then get ball track player command,turning direction and walking away from the ball..The second defender who’s 3 metres behind me engages and tracks me..I’m already away for a easy goal..Totally spoils a great game.

First time I’ve experienced that in 5 days..Pes21 turned off instantly.Put fifa20 on.😂😂😂..It’s the shit like this that just beggers believe!..I don’t mind the rigidity because it’s pes,but these are basic AI command issues.

Pes21 is so brilliant in so many ways especially build up play/ball physics,Individuality,manual gameplay..But these little things😡🤬

I just hope Ea pull out all the stops on there next gen version this year and we get great ball physics and error in touch and passing(for me that’s all that makes that game hollow).
Seriously? You said it was perfect last few days lol

I've always found ML playable if you start with default ML squad and build up and not with real squads . Might be a mental thing and make it more easier to accept when beat but on 20 in my Italian 2nd Division I just missed out on promotion but enjoyed the ride

I've always found ML playable if you start with default ML squad and build up and not with real squads . Might be a mental thing and make it more easier to accept when beat but on 20 in my Italian 2nd Division I just missed out on promotion but enjoyed the ride

Does it have to be the default squad - is something happening when doing that? What if i took a bad team but with real players? Let's say... Monza?

Unbelievable. Season update.
Jupiler League this season has 18 teams instead of 16 last year.
What have Konami in the game? 16 teams.

season update, my ass...

I hear ya. 2020 was most enjoyment out of ML in years for me because I primarily focused on building with young gems. On top player, where scripting is less, and if you have a squad of guys who arn't high 80s/90s--it really is enjoyable even with the games faults.

Seriously? You said it was perfect last few days lol

I don’t mind the pessim’s..Momentum shifts,scripting(unless it renders me powerless ala pes2020)..The CPU forwards turning and shooting when my back four is flat or the occasional player not reacting because he’s blindsided or the player with the ball has more momentum.Rendering players sometimes flat or flat footed..You see that all the time in football.

No game is perfect and you do get glitches..I’m also aware of the rigidity of the fox engine and these legacy issues with players entering into the wrong command or not reacting at all.

That said these things are irritating and while they don’t happen all the time..When they do..It’s a game spoiler..This is basic stuff that I just don’t remember in the ps2 era or ISS before it..

These issues have nothing to do with tactics..It’s the game allowing me to have a easy goal and it took all the satisfaction away from my long ball and finish..Because the cpu should of easily just got the ball or passed it back to his keeper.It wasn’t tactical rigidity.

Last edited:
Does it have to be the default squad - is something happening when doing that? What if i took a bad team but with real players? Let's say... Monza?

Try top player with a crappy squad. I don't have the time as a dad to start in the second division or with ML default players lol so I usually pick a mid to lower table team and start there. I come across very little scripting in my ML on top player. Just my opinion

Ok so i gave in and bought it with not having any footy game fix to play.

Initial impressions is I'm very pleasantly surprised. Mostly because i enjoyed the demo and vanilla game last year before they patched the character out of it. This version feels like that vanilla version but with a bit more polish.

Had a few games and I've seen the cpu hit some long range efforts and some variation in their play.

I will 100% not update this EVER. Because at the moment its playable and fairly enjoyable. I won't take the risk of killing my 25-30 quid (pesuniverse option file) investment just for Konami to make it a useless mess of a sports game.

I will sit down later and play some more.

Back
Top Bottom