eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Glad to see positive responses for the game. I think that was to be expected. Overall, I'm just not sure I can dig into the game. 20 left me with such disdain for the animations and the rigid tactics. Watching videos of the sprint-abrupt stop animations bring back too many frustrations. It still looks like players are running while being drug back with parachutes on their backs.

Who knows, I may just get on with it and ignore those things, but it's going to take some time - and maybe some really good PC patches.
Tbh, I wouldn't think the Season Update would be a great option for you in particular at this point. Most of the legacy AI issues are still there, and if they are the things that for you are red lines, then it's still a no go as much as 2020 was. But couldn't hurt to pick it up super cheap in a sale eventually (and supposing Konami don't patch all the good things out of this game).

Agree, but there are online options for FUMA. First, there's Online Divisions. Sometimes have to wait a bit for a game, but not super long (unlike myClub/myChub!)

Second, there are leagues for both 1v1 and for 10v10/11v11 teamplay. I play in a 1v1 FUMA league, and dabble a bit in a teamplay league as a reserve player. Lots of opportunities for fun FUMA play online :D

There are basically 5 FUMA players on the whole Xbox live ans that's pretty much it 😢

There are basically 5 FUMA players on the whole Xbox live ans that's pretty much it 😢
Yeah, Xbox is a different story. Even though I've no intention of getting the Series X/S, I really hope they enable image uploading on it, or that Konami find a workaround for the 2022 games onwards. Because that restriction, surely, is why there's a much smaller playerbase on XBL right now.

I mean, you're always at the mercy of Konami's netcode, possible lag, skipped frames, and so on, online. That's just the nature of that particular beast.
Then I don’t like the nature of it. :) wish it was the same as playing offline.
but I’m good with it. Having my friends over for some couch coop is still unbeaten. Guess it will be like this forever (for me) as i grew up in that environment. If one day it would play the same.. I wouldn’t be sad. :)
edit: while we are at it... why do other games perform better online? I never felt that online offline difference when playing GTS for example!

who else feels like theres more handicap/scripting whatever in match day than even in my club?

online divisions seems like the same mess

im finding my club more enjoyable than the other modes...

I’m eating a huge slice of humble pie here, so I apologise for my sceptical posts previously.

Ive played a few games and it’s definitely improved to a more enjoyable experience...it’s still way off what I want but at least I can beat a man and the player switching is much improved........pleasantly surprised but not blown away

Is there any information on whether the PES 2021 will work on PS5 consoles? ? I Just preorder the console (Don't ask me why... i still don't know... )

I’m eating a huge slice of humble pie here, so I apologise for my sceptical posts previously.

Ive played a few games and it’s definitely improved to a more enjoyable experience...it’s still way off what I want but at least I can beat a man and the player switching is much improved........pleasantly surprised but not blown away

Nice one. I’m getting mine tomorrow, I just hope it’s enough to stop me going back to PES 13 every so often. Seems to be a decent iteration everything considered.

Best and shortest review I’ve read so far. Agree.
edit: what’s in that humble pie? I know pie but when i search humble pie i only see a music group/band. :LOL:

Nice one. I’m getting mine tomorrow, I just hope it’s enough to stop me going back to PES 13 every so often. Seems to be a decent iteration everything considered.
The pie or the game? ;)

the its the game "momentum" i guess

seems like half the goals are in the first or last 5 mins of each half, and after someone scores

always with some shady stuff

could it be those rookie 10 games kicking in for both sides also
nah I cant feel it on manual. Its that its just easy to score in this game, then all of a sudden your assisted controls start to miss more. The game is free flowing on manual. Cant find much scripting - only felt it sometimes when your pass comes out weak even if full powered.

When I’m watching videos like this these days, and I’m doing that out of interest for the sport, interest for the video game that’s representing it, and for the sake of being too long into this mix of... PES and football addiction (!?)...

...i feel old and my values are shaking.

Things change. im aware. How my perception for these things (in regards to football, football video games and “the crowd” behind it) collide with that is another story.

you all have a good night!

Been sat on the shall I get it, shall I leave it fence for so long that my arse is more splinter than hair now :D

I know for a fact I wont be able to do a Master League until October, im an attention to detail nerd... ill need the new squads, new league formats and updated players / kits and teams.. ie no fakes.

However is it that fun that I could enjoy playing World Cups / Euros etc for a month? Im coming from giving up fairly early on 20, I need the AI to feel fun to play against... im not sure thats what people are enjoying, rather they enjoy how they can do things and not how it feels to play against the AI.

Help make me spend money :WASTED:

When I’m watching videos like this these days, and I’m doing that out of interest for the sport, interest for the video game that’s representing it, and for the sake of being too long into this mix of... PES and football addiction (!?)...

...i feel old and my values are shaking.

Things change. im aware. How my perception for these things (in regards to football, football video games and “the crowd” behind it) collide with that is another story.

you all have a good night!

TTB playing to the crowds with Myclub footage when he only likes ML’s apparently.

I've just finished spending an evening on the game, after a few positive exhibition games yesterday.

Tonight I played 15 Master League games with Newcastle, having edited the other teams to turn off "deep defensive line" etc.

If I wrote everything I was feeling right now, I would have to ban myself. I'm lucky I still have a working controller. But let me vent, just quickly.

The game makes me viciously, violently angry (which @MafiaMurderBag has mentioned before) - because you are CONSTANTLY screaming at the game to let your input happen, or for your stupid teammates to run away from trouble instead of DIRECTLY TO IT. Whereas all the AI players are usually stood on their own.

All that lovely extra responsiveness soon fucks off when you start an ML. (Team spirit started at 60 and ended at 90 before you ask. Didn't help.)

Hit a perfect long pass to someone? Watch them take 3 hours to bring it down, then another 3 hours to make the slightest turn to face the direction you've inputed, before they can even begin moving away with the ball. Oh, the AI has tripped you up now. Too bad!

Watch in awe as the AI hits 70 yard flat passes from CB to ST over, and over, and over again. Why do build-up if you don't have to? (You really don't! The whole game is counter after counter!)

Defending. There's ZERO POINT in trying to position your defenders to intercept a pass, because they're all laser-guided. Nor is there any point chasing the runner, because you can't "cling" to them and they change direction so swiftly and easily that you end up running in random directions.

That's why the whole game is so back-and-forth. There is nothing useful you can do, out of possession. Nothing. Defending is useless until the other team (offline or online) decides to stop doing quick laser-passes and make the stupid mistake of moving with the ball and getting anywhere close to you. If you can avoid doing that, you'll never be caught!

Hit a perfect cross to your striker and, fairly often (this is one @Emroth points out a lot), he'll run away from where the ball is going. You can put it on the penalty spot and watch him run into the net by the time it hits the ground.

Playing on Top Player? Watch the AI get into a scoring position and skew it wide in the exact same spot every time because it can't beat you too heavily! Playing on Superstar? Watch the AI hit every single shot on target (which will all be saved once they're winning)!

Drawing at half-time? AI kicking off? Watch as they string 5-6 powerful passes together while your defenders stand around powerless to intercept, and watch them score a goal!

And how in God's fucking name do you ever win a defensive header? They hit long balls forward with absolute impunity.

I hate myself for buying it. It's not even just "archaic" and "on rails" because if you play PES 2013, there's a midfield!!! Remember those??? And the AI uses each player's star attributes, instead of every player from every team in every division being a Beckham-esque passing machine!!!

Tried PA1, tried PA0. Won't argue with those who are loving it - God knows I wish I did, because now I'll buy the other game and hate that just as much for different reasons.

BRB, booking myself into anger management.

So pes2021 looks pretty much exactly like 2020 but in no way shape or form does it play like it. At least not online..... not yet.
Like every pes game it looks like Konami will have to adjust the servers to help with reaction time and speed in witch the players make their moves.

Defending. There's ZERO POINT in trying to position your defenders.

Drawing at half-time? AI kicking off? Watch as they string 5-6 powerful passes together while your defenders stand around powerless to intercept, and watch them score a goal!

And how in God's fucking name do you ever win a defensive header? They hit long balls forward with absolute impunity.

defending is definitely a challenge and very frustrating so far. I’m talking online play.
Response time is very bad and kills the defensive placement and response

I've just finished spending an evening on the game, after a few positive exhibition games yesterday.

Tonight I played 15 Master League games with Newcastle, having edited the other teams to turn off "deep defensive line" etc.

If I wrote everything I was feeling right now, I would have to ban myself. I'm lucky I still have a working controller. But let me vent, just quickly.

The game makes me viciously, violently angry (which @MafiaMurderBag has mentioned before) - because you are CONSTANTLY screaming at the game to let your input happen, or for your stupid teammates to run away from trouble instead of DIRECTLY TO IT. Whereas all the AI players are usually stood on their own.

All that lovely extra responsiveness soon fucks off when you start an ML. (Team spirit started at 60 and ended at 90 before you ask. Didn't help.)

Hit a perfect long pass to someone? Watch them take 3 hours to bring it down, then another 3 hours to make the slightest turn to face the direction you've inputed, before they can even begin moving away with the ball. Oh, the AI has tripped you up now. Too bad!

Watch in awe as the AI hits 70 yard flat passes from CB to ST over, and over, and over again. Why do build-up if you don't have to? (You really don't! The whole game is counter after counter!)

Defending. There's ZERO POINT in trying to position your defenders to intercept a pass, because they're all laser-guided. Nor is there any point chasing the runner, because you can't "cling" to them and they change direction so swiftly and easily that you end up running in random directions.

That's why the whole game is so back-and-forth. There is nothing useful you can do, out of possession. Nothing. Defending is useless until the other team (offline or online) decides to stop doing quick laser-passes and make the stupid mistake of moving with the ball and getting anywhere close to you. If you can avoid doing that, you'll never be caught!

Hit a perfect cross to your striker and, fairly often (this is one @Emroth points out a lot), he'll run away from where the ball is going. You can put it on the penalty spot and watch him run into the net by the time it hits the ground.

Playing on Top Player? Watch the AI get into a scoring position and skew it wide in the exact same spot every time because it can't beat you too heavily! Playing on Superstar? Watch the AI hit every single shot on target (which will all be saved once they're winning)!

I hate myself for buying it. It's not even just "archaic" and "on rails" because if you play PES 2013, there's a midfield!!! Remember those??? And the AI uses each player's star attributes, instead of every player from every team in every division being a Beckham-esque passing machine!!!

Tried PA1, tried PA0. Won't argue with those who are loving it - God knows I wish I did, because now I'll buy the other game and hate that just as much for different reasons.

Chris, I advised @Matt10 to masterbate before a pes session. For you, you might need to get a hooker. Just breathe buddy...it will all be ok ;)

With that being said, it's also VERY MUCH Konami's fault for not forcing that to be the norm with their mechanics and engine. Why should gamers try to defend like you would in real life when you can run around gegen pressing like crazy to win the ball back because the A.I. isn't programed well enough to keep evading your press by dribbling out of tight situations or playing around your press more consistently forcing you to back off? (rhetorical question)
once konami fix this problem as well as the AI being more intelligent with their dribble il be looking with interest to purchase this game again

This sums up my experience so far, I decided to create a custom team for my Master League this time, even though my players are a bit overpowered (avg overall of 75 in a league where the average overall is < 70 and the AI manages to bug me most of the time with their shenanigans.

At the end of the day, 90% of the goals I concede start because of a through ball that my defenders can't react to because they're not deep enough, but even when they are, their slow reaction time is enough for the opposition to have the advantage. And of course, when you have to chase the opposition you ALWAYS have to use super cancel first because someone though it would be a good idea to script an ever so slightly curved and inefficient path for your player to follow, even when your analog stick is perfectly straight.

Also, that pseudo-physicality system that whenever you try to fight for the ball against player through his back, he becomes like an unmovable wall, the CPU abuses of this feature whether they are attack or defending, and when you try doing it's never as effective as the CPU doing it.

Not to mention that at every interception you somehow manage to get the ball rebounds back to the opposition, or when you finally time that perfect standing tackle that the referee doesn't blow the whistle, it goes straight back to them. (Or when your player falls for no reason after tackling and loses the play completely). I won't say anything about sliding tackles, they are as inefficient as ever, the players are bad even at sliding, sometimes they'll just feign a slide and call it a day.

The cherry in the top of the cake is a thing that has been in the series for a while, but whenever you try to pass and it gets intercepted, your player, instead of trying to win back the ball will instead play an animation as if he was having a spasm, I take it's his AI recalculating stuff after the interception, but despite how short the animation is (around 0.15s), it's enough for him to lose the acceleration he'd have if he went for the ball.

Then I don’t like the nature of it. :) wish it was the same as playing offline.
but I’m good with it. Having my friends over for some couch coop is still unbeaten. Guess it will be like this forever (for me) as i grew up in that environment. If one day it would play the same.. I wouldn’t be sad. :)
edit: while we are at it... why do other games perform better online? I never felt that online offline difference when playing GTS for example!
The bigger issue for me is that even if you could replicate the offline gameplay smoothness online, you wouldn't generally also be replicating the gameplay experience. Because couch co-op with mates, e.g., even with intense rivalries, is nothing like the hyper-competitive, win at all costs, frequently toxic online playing culture. You pretty much have to move outside the main online game modes and play with people you know and like (or in a good league) to avoid that.

People on myChub overwhelmingly are interested in winning computer games not in together simulating fun and exciting football matches, and I doubt that'll ever change, since it's basically gaming culture. It's a shame. That said, the fuma players as a rule tend to be less exploit-heavy knobs. But you can still come across knobs playing fuma haha.

Very interesting, particularly the crossing thing.
But how do we go about turning off Advanced for ALL teams we play in an offline league? Is there a setting?

Interesting. I watched that tutorial long time ago and was thinking wow heading is quite easy. Then I don't know maybe because I change the exe gameplays many times now I almost never scored headers anymore.

Back
Top Bottom