eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I’m eating a huge slice of humble pie here
So we found you. No more "WHO ATE ALL THE PIES" banners then... It's been you, all these years!
Best and shortest review I’ve read so far. Agree.
Do you mean tha also you find the game improved? That's good to hear.
I'm still on the fence, but I guess not for long. Might also buy it today or tomorrow, download it and keep a backup of the folder somewhere so if ever Konami ruined it with patches I'd be safe.

I'm enjoying it.

For the first time I'm trying PA0 for good. Patience and all that. Still don't know what to think about it yet.. I still have a feeling that the full potential of the game is challenged because of that. But it do also make a great slow tempo of the game and the feeling when it's clicking is very good. You actually become happy when scoring because of the challenge of setting up attacks.

In the same time I do feel that on PA0 every player have the same skills in terms of passing. It's "me" that creates a good passer. I miss the skills a little. On Pa1 I feel that the passing stats become more important. How do you guys see it?

Other than that.. Enjoying it. It's clearly not a revolution but I'm trying to have the right mindset about that. I really don't have the time for playing non stop and for that reason it's living up to my expectations.

I do feel the comparison to the PES 2020 demo is correct. It's not 1:1 but some of the good things from the demo are there. The A1 is more human.. There is more random situations and most important for me - each player is different on the ball. I actually need to think about how to set up my team. Which players are good on the ball. Dribbling and difference in player characteristics is back for me.

I do also agree with people saying that it isn't a perfect simulation of football all the time. There is a lot of flaws in the flow of the game.. The missing midfield (mostly for the AI, because on PA0 I'm deeply dependent on my own midfield) is still there. I don't think that player characteristics is that good for the AI either. Maybe improved a little but not perfect. Also the difference in how teams are playing isn't good enough either. The better teams is okay represented in terms of style but the less good teams is pretty much using the same kick and rush style every time.

But again.. What it is. For me, at least. Is a good game of football. Probably what PES 2020 should have been and I think we had hit a maximum for this generation of PES.

I think I'm at 7,5 or 8/10 and that is maybe enough for me as I do work a lot etc.
Look forward to see reactions of FIFA 21 as the Career Mode package is good. But I just can't believe that it will be a game for me this year - only to the fact that the gameplay looks even more FUTish and the AI is beaten too easy.

Tried a match in ML yesterday with Rangers. I changed the tactics to my taste and ended up with 50 TS, so coming from 2020, I was sure I was gonna have a hard time buiding up and creating chances for next matches. First match agaisnt Motherwell and I won 2-0. Game feels a bit more free, fluid and random. Love that the collisions don´t always screw you, now it feels it´s more like 50/50. Also loving that the ball is looser on some situations like when a shot hits someone for example. In this match it also looked like PA1 was a bit more unforgiven. Passes I used to nail every time on 2020, are now a bit more random and/or stats driven, specially long passes. I missed some of those on my match. This leads to a more "anything can happen" thing, not quite perfect, but way better than it was on 2020.
Also, on Superstar, I now see strong and taller players winning most of the aereal balls. My CB simply won all aereal balls that Motherwell tried to play into his area.

There´s still the odd collision with no foul here and there, and I still feel there´s too much space on the midfield. But the game does look like it flows very diferent and to be honest, it looks the same, but while playing it feels like a diferent game coming from 2020... feels better.

Better CPU positioning and a better foul system and I would give this PES the "Perfect" rating.

I've just finished spending an evening on the game, after a few positive exhibition games yesterday.

Tonight I played 15 Master League games with Newcastle, having edited the other teams to turn off "deep defensive line" etc.

If I wrote everything I was feeling right now, I would have to ban myself. I'm lucky I still have a working controller. But let me vent, just quickly.

The game makes me viciously, violently angry (which @MafiaMurderBag has mentioned before) - because you are CONSTANTLY screaming at the game to let your input happen, or for your stupid teammates to run away from trouble instead of DIRECTLY TO IT. Whereas all the AI players are usually stood on their own.

All that lovely extra responsiveness soon fucks off when you start an ML. (Team spirit started at 60 and ended at 90 before you ask. Didn't help.)

Hit a perfect long pass to someone? Watch them take 3 hours to bring it down, then another 3 hours to make the slightest turn to face the direction you've inputed, before they can even begin moving away with the ball. Oh, the AI has tripped you up now. Too bad!

Watch in awe as the AI hits 70 yard flat passes from CB to ST over, and over, and over again. Why do build-up if you don't have to? (You really don't! The whole game is counter after counter!)

Defending. There's ZERO POINT in trying to position your defenders to intercept a pass, because they're all laser-guided. Nor is there any point chasing the runner, because you can't "cling" to them and they change direction so swiftly and easily that you end up running in random directions.

That's why the whole game is so back-and-forth. There is nothing useful you can do, out of possession. Nothing. Defending is useless until the other team (offline or online) decides to stop doing quick laser-passes and make the stupid mistake of moving with the ball and getting anywhere close to you. If you can avoid doing that, you'll never be caught!

Hit a perfect cross to your striker and, fairly often (this is one @Emroth points out a lot), he'll run away from where the ball is going. You can put it on the penalty spot and watch him run into the net by the time it hits the ground.

Playing on Top Player? Watch the AI get into a scoring position and skew it wide in the exact same spot every time because it can't beat you too heavily! Playing on Superstar? Watch the AI hit every single shot on target (which will all be saved once they're winning)!

Drawing at half-time? AI kicking off? Watch as they string 5-6 powerful passes together while your defenders stand around powerless to intercept, and watch them score a goal!

And how in God's fucking name do you ever win a defensive header? They hit long balls forward with absolute impunity.

I hate myself for buying it. It's not even just "archaic" and "on rails" because if you play PES 2013, there's a midfield!!! Remember those??? And the AI uses each player's star attributes, instead of every player from every team in every division being a Beckham-esque passing machine!!!

Tried PA1, tried PA0. Won't argue with those who are loving it - God knows I wish I did, because now I'll buy the other game and hate that just as much for different reasons.

BRB, booking myself into anger management.

I know where you´re coming from. I actually quited PES 2020 a few months ago after almost smashing my controller against the floor. But I gave tactics another chance and started using a deeper DEF line and also playing more compact. CPU reaches my third and then can´t do shit, because my players are sitting deep and I ALWAYS play patient while defending. They pass around for sometime but then have to try a lob pass and they miss the most of them.

About defending heathers, funny because yesterday my stronger CB won every single header against Motherwell, and boy they were abusing the long ball to CF all the match! You know that situation were a long ball is coming, and your CB stands right behind the opponent? On PEs 2020 I couldn´t do shit when that happened, my player simply wouldn´t react to the input, like he was glued to the CF and couldn´t move. Yesterday, my CB jumped and won everything.

The game is indeed very unforgiven if you do something "wrong" or have too much space on defense, so it forces us to play patient, wich is not realistic by any means, but it´s not that bad as some of you guys think, and believe me, I´ve been there with PES 2020!

So we found you. No more "WHO ATE ALL THE PIES" banners then... It's been you, all these years!
Do you mean tha also you find the game improved? That's good to hear.
I'm still on the fence, but I guess not for long. Might also buy it today or tomorrow, download it and keep a backup of the folder somewhere so if ever Konami ruined it with patches I'd be safe.
Improved a bit, yes. nothing more.
see the comment beneath yours. Or others. If you enjoy 2020 demo or vanilla and you want that updated rosters then wait for a deal! you won’t get another game than a year before Only a refined one.
1.01 is what 2020 should have stayed for longer. Add better fouls, pens and more A.I. patterns, stop the retreat and start holding positions... that would’ve been a pretty solid 2nd last year for this gen.

Life tip: Every time you waNt to search a slang, Google it at urban dictionary. ;)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=humble+pie&amp=true
Great man. Learned something. Thanks. :APPLAUD:

Chris, I advised @Matt10 to masterbate before a pes session. For you, you might need to get a hooker. Just breathe buddy...it will all be ok ;)

yBR57f.jpg

Impressions after 8 ML games:
* I get the criticism about midfield, but it depends on the formation of the opponent. I played against Middlesbrough and they had a 4-5-1 formation. It was almost impossible to attack from the center. It was really crowded in midfield.
* Substitutions make more impact. Now that the players are more responsive when they have full stamina, and we can actually use speed to go past a defender, fresh players coming off the bench make more impact on the game.
* CPU used dribble skills on me! twice! I know it's not much, but it's better than 0 on PES 2020 (and I play in the Championship, so maybe on better leagues it happens more).

I've just finished spending an evening on the game, after a few positive exhibition games yesterday.

Tonight I played 15 Master League games with Newcastle, having edited the other teams to turn off "deep defensive line" etc.

If I wrote everything I was feeling right now, I would have to ban myself. I'm lucky I still have a working controller. But let me vent, just quickly.

The game makes me viciously, violently angry (which @MafiaMurderBag has mentioned before) - because you are CONSTANTLY screaming at the game to let your input happen, or for your stupid teammates to run away from trouble instead of DIRECTLY TO IT. Whereas all the AI players are usually stood on their own.

All that lovely extra responsiveness soon fucks off when you start an ML. (Team spirit started at 60 and ended at 90 before you ask. Didn't help.)

Hit a perfect long pass to someone? Watch them take 3 hours to bring it down, then another 3 hours to make the slightest turn to face the direction you've inputed, before they can even begin moving away with the ball. Oh, the AI has tripped you up now. Too bad!

Watch in awe as the AI hits 70 yard flat passes from CB to ST over, and over, and over again. Why do build-up if you don't have to? (You really don't! The whole game is counter after counter!)

Defending. There's ZERO POINT in trying to position your defenders to intercept a pass, because they're all laser-guided. Nor is there any point chasing the runner, because you can't "cling" to them and they change direction so swiftly and easily that you end up running in random directions.

That's why the whole game is so back-and-forth. There is nothing useful you can do, out of possession. Nothing. Defending is useless until the other team (offline or online) decides to stop doing quick laser-passes and make the stupid mistake of moving with the ball and getting anywhere close to you. If you can avoid doing that, you'll never be caught!

Hit a perfect cross to your striker and, fairly often (this is one @Emroth points out a lot), he'll run away from where the ball is going. You can put it on the penalty spot and watch him run into the net by the time it hits the ground.

Playing on Top Player? Watch the AI get into a scoring position and skew it wide in the exact same spot every time because it can't beat you too heavily! Playing on Superstar? Watch the AI hit every single shot on target (which will all be saved once they're winning)!

Drawing at half-time? AI kicking off? Watch as they string 5-6 powerful passes together while your defenders stand around powerless to intercept, and watch them score a goal!

And how in God's fucking name do you ever win a defensive header? They hit long balls forward with absolute impunity.

I hate myself for buying it. It's not even just "archaic" and "on rails" because if you play PES 2013, there's a midfield!!! Remember those??? And the AI uses each player's star attributes, instead of every player from every team in every division being a Beckham-esque passing machine!!!

Tried PA1, tried PA0. Won't argue with those who are loving it - God knows I wish I did, because now I'll buy the other game and hate that just as much for different reasons.

Post of the year and such a glowing review.

Thanks for making me spit out my fruit loops this morning..I don’t think I’ve laughed so much in years..

Your a class act Chris and I think your great..

The thing is with Pes it shuns typical game design.Your always left with the feeling the game is unfolding into its own conclusion irrespective of the actions of the protagonists on the pitch..PES has a alchemy in the AI.No one game being the same and more importantly you never acting in the same way twice..It’s a game that’s freed itself from it’s binery roots and come gloriously to life!..

Accentric and bonkers is PES’s trademark..It’s never made sense or has it been logical..It’s how you manage the chaos/unpredictability that creates the magic.Interpreration is key the word here..

The 3 hours to turn or get the ball down is a bit of a exaggeration,but I appreciate your sense of irony/humour..😁..

Nothing else gives you that feeling your actually moving a ball and not a hockey puck..

Your fighting it,forcing it..You need to go with it and lose yourself in the flow!..Roll yourself a white cigar(then your understand,because I don’t think you do)😉..

We are all wired differently and we all perceive things differently..Games are no different then art and everything’s subjective..Just because you don’t get something(or like the interpration)doesn’t mean others don’t or there wrong.I just don’t think you understand WEPs ethos...

Last edited:
@Chris Davies for defensive headers I have to move my player with SC before he gets stuck behind the opponent. If it’s a caliber like Süle you can win some even from this position. If you get a hang of moving your player around the AI or in front of them it’s much better. Sometimes it’s enough to barge into them with SC. Hope that helps.

Yes, This was the problem with PES 2020, I haven't played this one yet but it sounds like the sentiment still applies. For some reason, PES has always boosted the CPU and nerfed the Human player's responsiveness in any ML, Cup or tournament mode. It's really weird that exhibition doesn't receive this handicap. But problem is, is that when a game like PES 2020 has it's issues with responsiveness, Player switching, defenders that don't actually press ball carriers correctly even in exhibition, It's exacerbated once you go into one of these "CPU boosting" modes.

And that's exactly what spoils the experience, This isn't a case of "that's football" you win some you lose some... It's more like a case of no matter what you the CPU must play a perfect game or it'll have it's feelings hurt, It's stubborn and it doesn't respect your intention to use footballing intelligence, The games controls and mechanics let you down leaving you powerless. The kick off bullshit that you mentioned. You work so hard to create a goal and it's all undone before you're even allowed a chance to touch the ball until your keeper picks it out of his own net. It's so rage inducing all you can do is laugh manically and spit at your TV. It's the equivalent of you pausing the game, switching controllers and intentionally conceding a goal while saying "F*** YOU I WILL SCORE!"

I was playing PES 2016 & PES 2020 last night back to back and let me tell you, The responsiveness and the fluidity of dribbling on 2016 was heavenly. I played a match with Barca and controlling Neymar & Messi on the flanks and cutting inside with twinkling toes and a trick stick that actually worked was so pleasurable. On 2020 it feels receiving the ball with one of those players in these areas is like trying to get a Bus to accelerate up a hill. It totally kills the thrill of building up an attack and rewarding yourself with creating some magic with a star player and instead your anxious but you know 9/10 times the engine will just fail you, You can see it coming from a mile away but this time, This time you just hope you can beat the system and learn you've been playing it wrong the whole time but nope.

Like i said when i'm doing nothing differently between 2016 & 2020, I know the problem isn't me.

Yes, This was the problem with PES 2020, I haven't played this one yet but it sounds like the sentiment still applies. For some reason, PES has always boosted the CPU and nerfed the Human player's responsiveness in any ML, Cup or tournament mode. It's really weird that exhibition doesn't receive this handicap. But problem is, is that when a game like PES 2020 has it's issues with responsiveness, Player switching, defenders that don't actually press ball carriers correctly even in exhibition, It's exacerbated once you go into one of these "CPU boosting" modes.

And that's exactly what spoils the experience, This isn't a case of "that's football" you win some you lose some... It's more like a case of no matter what you the CPU must play a perfect game or it'll have it's feelings hurt, It's stubborn and it doesn't respect your intention to use footballing intelligence, The games controls and mechanics let you down leaving you powerless. The kick off bullshit that you mentioned. You work so hard to create a goal and it's all undone before you're even allowed a chance to touch the ball until your keeper picks it out of his own net. It's so rage inducing all you can do is laugh manically and spit at your TV. It's the equivalent of you pausing the game, switching controllers and intentionally conceding a goal while saying "F*** YOU I WILL SCORE!"

I was playing PES 2016 & PES 2020 last night back to back and let me tell you, The responsiveness and the fluidity of dribbling on 2016 was heavenly. I played a match with Barca and controlling Neymar & Messi on the flanks and cutting inside with twinkling toes and a trick stick that actually worked was so pleasurable. On 2020 it feels receiving the ball with one of those players in these areas is like trying to get a Bus to accelerate up a hill. It totally kills the thrill of building up an attack and rewarding yourself with creating some magic with a star player and instead your anxious but you know 9/10 times the engine will just fail you, You can see it coming from a mile away but this time, This time you just hope you can beat the system and learn you've been playing it wrong the whole time but nope.

Like i said when i'm doing nothing differently between 2016 & 2020, I know the problem isn't me.
So regular league mode is still ok-ish or it’s the same as ML and the others to you?
i lately preferred League mode over ML.

So regular league mode is still ok-ish or it’s the same as ML and the others to you?
i lately preferred League mode over ML.
Well i wasn't being specific but the sentiment is that any kind of competitive mode (ML, Cup or League) seems to nerf the player input & boost the CPU to mimic the intensity of a competition vs a friendly it seems.

Basically it's scripting but it seems to be really noticeable on these last couple of games mostly because the CPU doesn't actually play more intelligently or creatively to pose a greater sense of challenge, Rather it just handicaps the player in a blatant and frustrating fashion to the point where you may as well be playing the game with your toes instead of your fingers if you just wanted it to be harder for the sake of it.

So.
Atmosphere still being shit?
Referees still using that train whistle?
Are stadiums still region locked? I can’t use any South American stadiums in my European ML/league modes?
Tv package,still being very dull/minimalistic?,no stats popping up on players before/mid game?
Is it still (from Pes 20) no option to chose Classic/challenge mode in ML?

Well i wasn't being specific but the sentiment is that any kind of competitive mode (ML, Cup or League) seems to nerf the player input & boost the CPU to mimic the intensity of a competition vs a friendly it seems.

Basically it's scripting but it seems to be really noticeable on these last couple of games mostly because the CPU doesn't actually play more intelligently or creatively to pose a greater sense of challenge, Rather it just handicaps the player in a blatant and frustrating fashion to the point where you may as well be playing the game with your toes instead of your fingers if you just wanted it to be harder for the sake of it.
Ok. So this is a separate thing for modes and on top of that you get handicapped by TS in ML!?
im currently trying to stay in the league with Leeds. :) ML that is.

Last edited:
The responsiveness and the fluidity of dribbling on 2016 was heavenly. I played a match with Barca and controlling Neymar & Messi on the flanks and cutting inside with twinkling toes and a trick stick that actually worked ... On 2020 it feels receiving the ball with one of those players in these areas is like trying to get a Bus to accelerate up a hill ... when i'm doing nothing differently between 2016 & 2020, I know the problem isn't me.
That bit in bold is so perfectly descriptive. Exactly how it feels.

That initial period of receiving the ball... It's like the ball is an egg, and they've got to bring it down very gently so that it doesn't crack, like their boot is a pillow - then gingerly turn around with it - before they can start moving away.

Which is just enough time for an AI defender to trot over and send my player into a "comedy slow-mo tripping" animation. At which point I see red.

Any kind of movement you do is start/stop. Digital.

The lines you dribble in 2020 look like: ¯|_|¯|_|¯...

But, we know all this stuff. It has good points. I just can't get over something as basic as movement being hampered, to make the game tougher. Fuck that.

If that's how difficulty is implemented - I mean, it's no different to just turning my controller off now and then, or making the image disappear for a few seconds at a time. Seriously. If that's how you make your game challenging, it's a bad game. (Roll on 2022.)

So.
Atmosphere still being shit?
Referees still using that train whistle?
Are stadiums still region locked? I can’t use any South American stadiums in my European ML/league modes?
Tv package,still being very dull/minimalistic?,no stats popping up on players before/mid game?
Is it still (from Pes 20) no option to chose Classic/challenge mode in ML?
Yes to all the above. But it's a Season Update so we knew all this.

That bit in bold is so perfectly descriptive. Exactly how it feels.

That initial period of receiving the ball... It's like the ball is an egg, and they've got to bring it down very gently so that it doesn't crack, like their boot is a pillow - then gingerly turn around with it - before they can start moving away.

Which is just enough time for an AI defender to trot over and send my player into a "comedy slow-mo tripping" animation. At which point I see red.

Any kind of movement you do is start/stop. Digital.

The lines you dribble in 2020 look like: ¯|_|¯|_|¯...

But, we know all this stuff. It has good points. I just can't get over something as basic as movement being hampered, to make the game tougher. Fuck that.

If that's how difficulty is implemented - I mean, it's no different to just turning my controller off now and then, or making the image disappear for a few seconds at a time. Seriously. If that's how you make your game challenging, it's a bad game. (Roll on 2022.)

Yes to all the above. But it's a Season Update so we knew all this.
When receiving a ball try to double press the sprint button and put the LS in the desired direction. You will see the player will turn faster and put the ball in that direction. Try also to use R2 when receiving the pass, for a close control receive. You could also try to hold R2 with no LS direction to let the ball run through your legs and follow.
don’t see much of a difference to irl... but I only play Sunday League. :D your sure don’t want that comical behavior from the other game. ;)

Edit: btw, the keeper not moving for uncatchable shots animation is back in! :APPLAUD:
edit2: so awesome. I lost my first 2 EPL matches with 1 goal difference but won my first round fa cup match against QPR 3:1! What a tactical masterpiece by the manager! Me. :LOL:

the whole town is going crazy. 2nd round FA cup. Awesome. :RSCARF:

i need to sign a top player. Just someone. But I like Bamford... when he scores its BAAAMford!! Great stuff, if you have a vital fantasy. :LOL: It helps if you are bit nuts for football and PES as well.:LMAO:

Last edited:
When receiving a ball try to double press the sprint button and put the LS in the desired direction. You will see the player will turn faster and put the ball in that direction. Try also to use R2 when receiving the pass, for a close control receive. You could also try to hold R2 with no LS direction to let the ball run through your legs and follow.
don’t see much of a difference to irl... but I only play Sunday League. :D your sure don’t want that comical behavior from the other game. ;)

Edit: btw, the keeper not moving for uncatchable shots animation is back in! :APPLAUD:
edit2: so awesome. I lost my first 2 EPL matches with 1 goal difference but won my first round fa cup match against QPR 3:1! What a tactical masterpiece by the manager! Me. :LOL:

the whole town is going crazy. 2nd round FA cup. Awesome. :RSCARF:

i need to sign a top player. Just someone. But I like Bamford... when he scores its BAAAMford!! Great stuff, if you have a vital fantasy. :LOL: It helps if you are bit nuts for football and PES.:LMAO:
I know that holding sprint + LS is what gets them to take an explosive change of direction when receiving, This has been in ever since 2014 but it's something that's worked really effectively up until 2020. It just feels that no matter how agile the player, once you assume this position, Your own player is like 50 year old Andy Cole in a masters game, He can't even sprint to keep up with his own ball and a defender nicks it off of you like a smug Bugs Bunny cartoon.

So let me see If I got this straight. Im going tô put It on an exemple:

If I buy an Toyota or a Honda , then after one year the car starts tô show some problems, then I drive It to an authorized mechanic. Getting there, the enployee says that there is nothing he can do. The only way is getting a brand new car.

Or, what is worst, you take a brand new vehícule to a routine inspection by km only, and they give the car back with a malfunction and say: Sorry but you have tô buy a new one.

Well, captalism or not, I never see something like that in my whole life. Even for a third world standards like Brazil.
I know that holding sprint + LS is what gets them to take an explosive change of direction when receiving, This has been in ever since 2014 but it's something that's worked really effectively up until 2020. It just feels that no matter how agile the player, once you assume this position, Your own player is like 50 year old Andy Cole in a masters game, He can't even sprint to keep up with his own ball and a defender nicks it off of you like a smug Bugs Bunny cartoon.
I always use super cancel as I receive the ball plus direction , that shifts the ball and good way to create space .

On another topic I've settled for adv shooting as it seems to me this has the most variety , seeing the ball spin off glancing headers is a joy

Joined the party, lets see how this goes. If its crap, ill kick my cat... hard, so evo web its your fault, my cat is praying right now :CURSE::CALM:
Please. Don’t ever do that and please do never say that again. Think about it.
enjoy the game!

lost 4 of 4 in EPL. Another loss against Brighton. i will be so happy when we draw the first time. Go Leeds, you can do better!
any advice for a cheap striker or creative midfielder that could help Leeds (dont forget the budget!!)??? D. Pleasurewood from Wales is listening (you’d love him @B-Man ) :)

and what’s happening to United?! Glad I’m not alone.
72F67645-75FB-44A8-8B9B-F1862E566C38.jpeg

The next one is against Liverpool! :CONFUSE:

Last edited:

the worst its falling for people crap who said it was just like the demo

scripting/handicap/whatever all over the place

you can almost tell when you or the other team will score and theres zero fun in it

is it worth setting up fluid formations for this to give the CPU more variety?

So I’m thinking of starting a ML in La Liga. I started messing with La Liga team tactics for A.I. opponents. Barca was first attempt.

First I had all advanced instructions OFF. With Koeman they are playing a 4-2-3-1. I put on fluid formations to have my wingers LWF/RWF in attack and LMF and RMF in defense and I just felt like they retreated too fast and dropped deeper when they lost possession because as wingers they would press more. So I decided to take fluid formations OFF.

I think fluid formations would be really good for a team that likes to sit deep and play quick counters and try to get back in a low block after a counter. Which is most lower table teams.

However, I’m second guessing myself after going from 2020 to 2021 with A.I. advanced instructions lol. I edited Messi made him a SS and hole player. Put Greizmann as AMF and hole player. Dembele LWF is prolific winger and I changed coutinho to RWF and roaming flank. I kept their basic tactical setup but turned on tiki taka and attacking fullbacks. While testing this I had some epic matches vs Barca and they played as close as I could get them to mimic real life. Tiki taka helped them hold possession longer and attacking fullbacks got the fullbacks up the pitch much much faster to join in the run of play and the A.I. looked for them.

After hours of testing I’m starting to feel the player play styles have a lot less of an impact for the A.I. than for the human. Even though Alba and Semedo have Offensive Fullback play styles, I don’t think the A.I. does a good enough job holding onto the ball and allowing that play style to trigger to get them involved into the play. By turning on attacking fullbacks they get up the pitch faster. The only issue with this is it drops busquets deep. But I’d rather have the wingbacks More involved than busquets a little higher up the pitch. We make do with what we got.

I have a couple good Barca A.I.vids from these tactics I’m going to post on my Twitter now if anyone wants to check them out @Bryan_Footy

Let me know what you guys think if you try these tactics out

Not a bad game at all, alot more responsive. Of course its much of a muchness, but just that extra bit of freedom, the feel that pace works... just adds to the game enough for it to be fun.

Thats just playing in International Cups on Professional / Top.

For the delicate fannies worried about the cat, its a phrase in English, not actually what you would do.

Greetings everyone,
As a player who play PES online online and with friends offline I got to say ...it's awful.

First of all ,offline match. Me and my friends are quite frustrated with this years strikers . It feels like you only have to play with two CF and two SS and you will score and score and score . Mid of the pitch is not needed at all. I always loved to play slow , smart game with a lot of passes and thinking. I enjoyed outsmarting opponent.This game robbed me of that. It feels like if my players are unable to make a pass if even one player pressures them. Messi is destroyed by Kolarov by simply coming near him. Kross, Aouar, Pjanic , Modric,... They all feel useless. I really hope they will change gameplay completely on next patch.

Online.....online is just...I wanna take my jostick and break my PS with it.
You are forced to play run n gun football with every match ending with 6-7 goals. If you try to play your way out of pressure in defence here comes Ronaldo, Van Basten and company playing like best ball winning mids and masters of interception.
Sometimes I imagine a 12 y/o kid playing against me and celebrating cause he put pressure on my last line and score some total comedy of a goal because my defenders just didn't feel like taking the dead ball in our box. In those moments I simply turn the game of cause I worry for my health .
For a competitive person like me .,this game is total nerv destroyer and I really don't feel happy playing it.
I could go on and on about more things but I think this was longer then you wanna read.
Cheers guys 🍻🍻

Back
Top Bottom