eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Although i apreciate more people playing on manual, some of your posts are very similar to the legendary "you are playing it wrong" meme created in this forum. I'm not trying to start an argument with anyone, but it seems you are implying that most of the problems in this game are solved by changing controls config and is definitely not the case. Playing on manual don't make your teammates less stupid, for instance.

No..I just take it to another level..And I’m not the only one.

Simple..Are your teamates stupid or is it a gameplay by product of the user and his decision making..Think about it and actually read my posts.Because I can make this game hit the high notes.Maybe I put the time into 20..

Your only as good as you allow yourself to be..

I've been playing full manual since Fifa 10. Doesn't magically make the abysmal shooting and keeper interactions reach simulation level.

new2.jpg

9_15.jpg

dAM0bss.jpg

Sorry, thought I was on a different website then...

Anyway, I've just played against West Ham and they completed 95 out of 100 passes, and one of their goals involved six first-time passes in the build-up which I could only stand and watch. But I guess that's because I'm not "allowing myself to be good".

Ive played three games professional FM -1 gamespeed, I think it’s pretty decent and some good variety in play between different teams. I only play an hour a day anyway so I’m hoping the flaws pointed out won’t annoy me too much, best PES in a few years so I’ll take it at that after night 1.

Simple..Are your teamates stupid or is it a gameplay by product of the user and his decision making..Think about it and actually read my posts.Because I can make this game hit the high notes.Maybe I put the time into 20..

I really hope that konami does not have people reading your posts, or we are going to play a game with the same flaws every year. Your assumption that you play better than many here is impressive, just because people have some complaints.Too bad distance is a big problem to play online, would be nice to see your superior gameplay.

Does anyone regularly manage to get in behind the AI defence?

Nearly all of Tottenham's goals today were balls over the top of the defence. I find that literally impossible to do in PES 2021, because as soon as you gain possession, and manage to bring the ball down and turn to face the goal, the AI's defenders have already ran back to sit in-front of the goalkeeper.

This is what I mean when I say PES just doesn't represent football to me, incidentally - whole types of goals just aren't possible. (Unless I'm missing something - I'd like to see clips of goals like this, which I'm sure someone will have...)

I regularly score goals like Spurs' goals today. My other favourite team (Genk) also plays a litle bit like that (but with the SB's higher up the field) and with PES 2020 i played a ML with Genk. I could easily play that kind of balls in the space behind the defense of the AI. I nfact most goals i scored where like that. Currently i'm playing a league with Krasnodar and i regularly score goals like that. I put my team on counter attack and with upcoming SB's. I play 4-3-3 and my CF (Ari or Berg play like Kan yesterday with both Cabela and Wanderson in Son's role). Currently Cabella is my top scorer and my CF haven't scored a single goal bu they have plenty of assists.

My main gripe is the lightening of the game....it hurts my eyes terribly. This is a real gamebreaker for me. I've tinkerede on and on with the settings but i can't get it rigth. Can i ask which contrast and brightness settings you people use...It may seem something trivial but it is a game breaker for me. After playing 4 or 5 matches i feel dizzy, never had that...

Otherwise, well the same gripes as in PES2020: the ref is piss poor, biased against the CPU. There is not enough midfield game and i hate the new dribbling system, not intuitive enough. I can't play realistic football with it. Despite this, this is good enough for me (barely).

My ML with Leeds is evolving... at least the performance of the boys on the pitch is.
When Leeds lost their first 4 EPL matches, we drew against United and managed to win 3 times (3 more draws and 1 loss). in the second round FA cup match we lost it pretty close to United (1:2 in overtime). the team spirit is at 80 now after 11 matches and the team made its way up to place 14 in the table. :)
got myself a new midfielder for cheap money, R. Falk from Kobenhavn joined the club. he's pretty versaitle so i play him on the left wing as a replacement and in midfield.
Bamford is doing a good job as well so i might stick with him... (had an eye Carlos Vinicius from Benfica but he wont move to Leeds). B. White in defense is shaping up nicely as well. i'm good with keeper Casilla but i could see Meslier taking his place in the future. lets see...

having such a small budget isn't an easy task for me. to make some money i signed 2 youth players in hope to sell them for some millions. do i have to play them once or twice (maybe more) or is a place on the bench enough to get them noticed by other clubs. i put both players on the transfer and loan list.
any other way to get a higher salary budget without selling other players and "free money"?! a lot of young lads at Leeds, as i noticed. maybe its better to send them away for a couple of month so they get better...
any help is welcome! :BYE:

cant wait to get home and play more (and learn some more). :D

Last edited:
The difficulty level plays a massive part....I play on top player/manual it’s very challenging to me, but any higher and the experience becomes kind of automated, hence the lack of enjoyment for those with more skill imo.

its ok for some people saying that the game is good and admire the game
but saying everything is almost perfect/masterclass/true simulation...?
those words reminded me:assisted passing lv1 is free as bird
you can say the game is good but come on everything you said were near perfection, imo you are just trolling
and every year there are random people suddenly appeared before/on the release day and praising the game like the best pes ever
those random people came from nowhere, I barely saw them appearing in the last game discussion

oh wait, you just registered account on September and I hope you wouldn't suddenly disappear like those people after praising the game
those people were like ' ok, mission is over, time to leave ':LMAO:

edit: ok just saw this guy getting banned

The difficulty level plays a massive part....I play on top player/manual it’s very challenging to me, but any higher and the experience becomes kind of automated, hence the lack of enjoyment for those with more skill imo.
yes, i cant go higher then preofessional, maybe top player for some exibition matches... higher than that, i dont have the skills to fight back with FUMA! :D
plus i got slaughtered on professional as well. a lot of times its me missing the easy goals due to manual shooting and the small angle you have for aiming.

lately i try to move towards goal and then, when i filled the power bar to my liking, i re-aim again for the shot. so its a 2part thing: first getting the body in position then aiming where i want to ball to go. that does indeed seem to work better for me (the camera angle is another thing i have to keep in mind).

I want to watch your next level gameplay. But please upload it on YouTube since other video-hosting websites are not working for me.

This is one asinine "flex." If a game is inherently flawed, it doesn't matter if you proceed to sink 10,000 hours into it and become the Neo of Japanese football games, the flaws still remain. You might be able to mitigate said flaws to some degree due to your proficiency with the game, but never eliminate them outright. It's a specious argument at best, deliberately deceptive at worst to claim that the only limitation in regards to software, is an individual's mind. Rather, it's a roundabout way of saying "your opinion is invalid because I think you're shit at the game." At least be truthful if you're going to utilize such a porous defense and, or coping mechanism.

What, do we have to channel our inner chakra and awaken our third eye in order to ascend to a level where the issues that plague the series become evanescent? Issues, might I add, that have been well-documented and discussed ad nauseam across countless websites and platforms for years. These sort of complaints don't just exist in a bubble you know. It goes beyond the agency and input of the user. Shifting the blame in its entirely to the user despite evidence to the contrary reeks of zealotry, elitism, or a PR gig.

I guess we're just not worthy.

Last edited:
Why is StrangelyEnough banned lol? :LOL:
Firstly, we put up long enough with his barely-concealed trolling about how everyone who dislikes this "perfect game" is just playing it wrong. Secondly - and mainly - he insulted me last night. That has always been an instant ban.

Finally, we knew from day one that he was an ex-member (who was banned for exactly the same thing - trolling and insulting those who don't "see the light" - a few years ago). But we decided not to tell him that we knew that, and to give him a second chance, in the interest of balance.

Let's not derail this thread now. Any posts in here about the ban I'll be deleting - because this is for PES 2021 discussion - but feel free to send me a PM if you have any concern or wants to discuss anything in greater detail.

the first goal from Sane is a fuma finesse shot. i liked how he used his body to shield of the opponent but still was able to turn around and unleash it.
for the second goal by Gnabry i was switching directions (body shift) and used the momentum to my advance. hammered it in then!
the third goal looks pretty simple but in the hectic of a match (and with fuma) its not that easy for me to tap those "sitters" in. but i like the challange and for me personally its so rewarding when it finally clicks and works out well!

Looking good man, and some nice moves, that I don't think would have been possible in PES 20, definitely more refined in areas

I think he was spot on!
You are all shite.
At least until you become a Dragon Warrior.
tenor - 2020-09-21T081630.064.gif
:LOL:

In other news - seen this the other day

Never seen anything like it in Pes20.
Didnt even know they have such flopped shots in their code. Beautiful thing to see.

Edit: i probably should add - it was on basic shooting, not manual

the first goal from Sane is a fuma finesse shot. i liked how he used his body to shield of the opponent but still was able to turn around and unleash it.
for the second goal by Gnabry i was switching directions (body shift) and used the momentum to my advance. hammered it in then!
the third goal looks pretty simple but in the hectic of a match (and with fuma) its not that easy for me to tap those "sitters" in. but i like the challange and for me personally its so rewarding when it finally clicks and works out well!

Great goals PRO! Also the Leeds - Tottenham game.
I flew over the pages but couldn´t find your review. Did you write one?
Since you kinda play PES the same way like I do (fuma, lower difficulty etc), I´d be interested in your opinion.

I got this on PS4 for 20 Euros, but it´s still boxed and I don´t know when I´ll have time to play the game.
Why did I buy it?
I still enjoy PES 2020 (on PC fully modded...gameplay patch....etc), I want PES on PS4 to play with buddies in the living room and I knew it´s gonna be the same game, but not 100 percent the same game, since we all know that between DP´s gameplay slightly feels different.

Been reading a few of the different opinions on here.....interesting.....can´t wait to try.

Looking good man, and some nice moves, that I don't think would have been possible in PES 20, definitely more refined in areas
thank you @martyl2 ! :)
i still find new stuff and i'm still not using all control methods as much as i would like to. in the heat of a match i forget to use manual mate runs or R3 a lot for example.
thats why i keep on playing. i'm sure i havent seen everything the game offers or was able to use it.

Last edited:
Great goals PRO! Also the Leeds - Tottenham game.
I flew over the pages but couldn´t find your review. Did you write one?
Since you kinda play PES the same way like I do (fuma, lower difficulty etc), I´d be interested in your opinion.

I got this on PS4 for 20 Euros, but it´s still boxed and I don´t know when I´ll have time to play the game.
Why did I buy it?
I still enjoy PES 2020 (on PC fully modded...gameplay patch....etc), I want PES on PS4 to play with buddies in the living room and I knew it´s gonna be the same game, but not 100 percent the same game, since we all know that between DP´s gameplay slightly feels different.

Been reading a few of the different opinions on here.....interesting.....can´t wait to try.
thank you @chiefrocka4real ! :TU:
have a look here... pretty early thoughts, only a couple of hours after i got the game.
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-consoles.83069/post-3583892

but let me repeat myself; if i had access to a well running windows PC with all the mods and stuff... i'd probably stay with that version. the gameplay mods plus all the bells and whistles... one of best versions of PES this gen i say! i still applaud the community members that make those stuff happen! :WORSHIP:

Last edited:
thank you @chiefrocka4real ! :TU:
have a look here... pretty early thoughts, only a couple of hours after i got the game.
https://evo-web.co.uk/threads/efootball-pes-2021-discussion-thread-consoles.83069/post-3583892

but let me repeat myself; if i had access to a well running windows PC with all the mods and stuff... i'd stay with that version. the gameplay mods plus all the bells and whistles... one of best versions of PES this gen i say! i still applaud the community members that make those stuff happen! :WORSHIP:

Thx man^^.

I´ll read it right away.

Yes you are right. I don´t plan getting it for PC. I can stick with PES 2020 modded out for another year.
But I want a console version....that´s why I got it.....

Firstly, PES2021 for me is greatly improved. I've always preferred its approach to the mechanics of football, compared to Fifa. Player animations take a logical amount of time to play out, compared to the other game, where a player can kick the ball without seemingly lifting his leg. That's why it captures the feeling of playing football so much better.

BUT... I was at a "non-league" football match at the weekend (one level below pro - some are still open to spectators) and even though one team was obviously playing for a draw, even they didn't retreat to their own penalty area when the opposition had the ball in THEIR own penalty area. I just don't understand why the people at Konami spend so much time trying to get this great feeling on the ball in PES then just ignore something as fundamental as really basic player positioning.

Game is certainly improved over 20. I’m surprised after a week or so of playing. It’s like they took out some of the cheating. Maybe nerfed superstar?? 🤷‍♂️

spoony handj*bs said a similar thing on his "most effective skill” channel

it sounds like some of you need to drop the difficulty down even more though. Maybe it’s a generational thing?
Arthritis kicking in
Eyes are going

who knows

I won 15 penalties last night in one match. I hope they Fix that.

What surprises me most (and I played a lot of 20 - even though it was the most infuriating Xbox experience of my life 😊) is that they marketed it as an update and until about a week before release said it has some changes. Typical idiocy from the devs again.. I went straight into exhibition and could feel difference and improvements. Happy days

can’t wait to start ML when the data pack drops.

Manual Goalkeeping is incredible. Made some insane saves with Vito Mannone last night.

Game is certainly improved over 20. I’m surprised after a week or so of playing. It’s like they took out some of the cheating. Maybe nerfed superstar?? 🤷‍♂️

spoony handj*bs said a similar thing on his "most effective skill” channel

it sounds like some of you need to drop the difficulty down even more though. Maybe it’s a generational thing?
Arthritis kicking in
Eyes are going

who knows

I won 15 penalties last night in one match. I hope they Fix that.

What surprises me most (and I played a lot of 20 - even though it was the most infuriating Xbox experience of my life 😊) is that they marketed it as an update and until about a week before release said it has some changes. Typical idiocy from the devs again.. I went straight into exhibition and could feel difference and improvements. Happy days

can’t wait to start ML when the data pack drops.

Manual Goalkeeping is incredible. Made some insane saves with Vito Mannone last night.
We all know, and I guess agree, keepers could be way better! I want to see keepers being a totally different person on the pitch. Different set of animations matching their stats. It must be this way because keepers are not field players wearing gloves (as Konami seems to understand it)! i'm a sunday league keeper myself, so i know some of that stuff. ;)
I have hope for 2022!

In this gen and particularly 2021, I try to rush my keeper out a bit. When in a 1vs1 situation I rush them out a few meter, not to far because the AI will lob them, just next to the 6 yard line. Just a few steps and let him do his job. I found joy in doing so and I concede less goals.
I sure know and understand that most users want the keeper to do all stuff by themselves (like they prefer PA1-3). But like I love fuma, I like having a bit of control over what my keeper does.

Could all be better and should be by now!! But I like a little challenge and do the "rush out" frequently. i make the best out of whats given here, i guess.

btw: keeper do rush out and shorten the angle sometimes... but they dont do it when there is a mate near by and both are the last hurdle for the opponent. i'm missing that one last step forward and spreading out legs and arms! instead they do a sideways catching animation. i was lucky when konami at least introduced that "one arm out" move.

anyway... i want to see something like this:
hqdefault.jpg

when PES keeper sometimes do these blocking (with full body) stufff... it feels so damn good! might be that i remember how it feels to save a one on one myself. its one of the greatest feelings i expirienced on the pitch! "eating that player as a whole, no matter the cost, the ball needs to miss the target!!" great stuff when it works, adrenaline rush and everything...! :APPLAUD: yes, LB's and Keepers are special. i know! :P

and there is much more keeper related stuff i want to see! being able to decide how i collect a ball from a mate, fingertip saves of all kind, different goal kick animations, keeper specific animations after catching a ball, one hand over head saves, more agility/movement overall in the pen area, "anticipation moves" (moving forward to get a high ball but realizing its not gonna work out so he retreats to the line again), more and better animations catching deflected "second balls" (jumping forward with both hands for example), sidestep animations (a super vital part!!!), getting up faster for second balls, lower center of gravity when in 1vs1, moving backwards a few steps and then jump fo the ball... and more. (sorry, i love being a keeper! :D )
when i was playing the other game, i really liked controlling the keeper! thats one part i really really liked! you could see and feel they were different to what a field player could do.

Last edited:
Firstly, PES2021 for me is greatly improved. I've always preferred its approach to the mechanics of football, compared to Fifa. Player animations take a logical amount of time to play out, compared to the other game, where a player can kick the ball without seemingly lifting his leg. That's why it captures the feeling of playing football so much better.

BUT... I was at a "non-league" football match at the weekend (one level below pro - some are still open to spectators) and even though one team was obviously playing for a draw, even they didn't retreat to their own penalty area when the opposition had the ball in THEIR own penalty area. I just don't understand why the people at Konami spend so much time trying to get this great feeling on the ball in PES then just ignore something as fundamental as really basic player positioning.

I sometimes wonder what football these devs watch because it's not one I've ever seen where defenders race back to the penalty spot asap, have zero understanding of how offside works, nobody wants to dribble or sprint with the ball, fouls barely exist and a penalty is as rare as hens teeth. :?

Maybe they'd be happier making a new Speedball game! :LOL:

I think the game and the community would benefit immensely with the old skool manual that used to come with the game.. explaining every possible trick and button application at your fingertips. Things like manual offside trap. Manual gk. diving. Advanced 1-2. Dropping d-line. Etc Etc

advance controls that turn you from the casual player to the sim maestro. I’ve seen players following runners and yes it’s annoying but mistakes happen. As do dumb decisions by footballers.

im an Arsenal fan.

The problem with older iterations is you could master the game. Literally master it. You’d eventually know everything and you would win every game.
I don’t want that anymore. Football isn’t like that. I want to have to change my tactics or formation after 10 mins BECAUSE HOW I HAVE SET UP IS QUITE CLEARLY NOT WORKING OUT AS I HAD HOPED FOR THIS MATCH IN PARTICULAR

I think the game and the community would benefit immensely with the old skool manual that used to come with the game.. explaining every possible trick and button application at your fingertips. Things like manual offside trap. Manual gk. diving. Advanced 1-2. Dropping d-line. Etc Etc

advance controls that turn you from the casual player to the sim maestro. I’ve seen players following runners and yes it’s annoying but mistakes happen. As do dumb decisions by footballers.

im an Arsenal fan.

The problem with older iterations is you could master the game. Literally master it. You’d eventually know everything and you would win every game.
I don’t want that anymore. Football isn’t like that. I want to have to change my tactics or formation after 10 mins BECAUSE HOW I HAVE SET UP IS QUITE CLEARLY NOT WORKING OUT AS I HAD HOPED FOR THIS MATCH IN PARTICULAR
bring back the booklets!! :ROCK:
a lot of users i know dont even bother with the system settings or options of a game these days... straight into the action they go!

Back
Top Bottom