eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

I love it when it happens. I also scored a lob goal with full manual a couple of days ago and boy it was satisfying...
Juve were swarming my box to try and score the 2-1 goal, I managed to get the ball back and hit them hard on the counter with Duvan Zapata (the thing I love the most about this goal is not the finishing itself, but the way Zapata "fights" to retain possession against a defender who was apparently trying to stop him by any means by pulling him back):

By the way, glad to see that keepers now rush out a lot more. It used to be a problem in the previous years but now it looks like it's finally fixed (for how long? I don't know).
Dude why your videos do not stack up to your YouTube profile? I have subscribed to your page and the last video I can see there is from WC2018. I mean I can only watch your videos, in your posts here in evoweb.

Nice goal BTW.

Couple of posts deleted from those who need extra curricular don't be a fucking troll lessons.

Let it go, grow up.

If I have to start managing this, it will only be a short & terminal experience for You.

Pesuniverse v2.0 option file is out with mls league added plus all national teams fixed. Some other european teams left to be created and jleague japan...

I admit this probably fits better into the ML thread at this point but Boadu has gone proper mental! It's mad goals all day! I would have a word with him to score some regular shots as well, but he does those too.

Dude why your videos do not stack up to your YouTube profile?
Thanks pal!
I usually keep these short videos (a single goal, a single passage of play) unlisted because, well, they're made on purpose to be part of a discussion so they'd be almost meaningless if seen out of the "context" they're part of.
I'd gladly start publishing highlights again (and/or montages) should I start a new ML, though.

Guys i see you like pes 2021 on FUMA. But is it realistic? Have try it but 2 problems. 1. a long pass takes longer to send then a short pass. But if i see space i want to send the ball directly. Or is it a question of praktice? 2. My main concern is what is the difference between lets say ‘Iniesta’ vs ‘kante’ on fuma. If everything has to do with my direction and pass then pass stats are unnecessary? Or is there still difference in pes 2021

If you have ever played real football you will know that a long pass does take longer than a short pass. That's just... Physics, I guess. You can send a short pass almost from a standing still position but a long pass takes more momentum of the body and a longer "wind up" of the leg to pull off. So I don't really see a problem here.

There are stat based differences in manual passing but I doubt you will find many between Iniesta and Kante. If you play a few games with a top team like Liverpool or Barcelona or something like that and then switch to Beijing Guoan, you are going to wonder what the hell just happened to the passing. So there are definitely differences, but you will need a bigger margin than between Iniesta and Kante to really see them. This could be better, for sure.

The thing about manual passing is that is a different way to play, and you do have to change your approach to the game to adjust. I find manual a lot more rewarding, even if stats play a lesser role, because I am crafting these goals and chances myself, rather than the AI deciding weather a pass is good or not. I can also send a long, high ball into the rushing path of somebody, but a PA1 pass will almost always just go directly to the receiver. And that is if you are lucky and the game lets you actually pass to the guy you wanted to pass to. This is one of the things that drove me mad about PA1 and away from it.
This goes for short passes as well, you can pass them into space, while PA would, again, just pass it directly to the receiver. Generally, manual passing opens up more possibilities.

I would not focus too much on realism, even if I do think manual passing does make the flow of the game more realistic. Rather, think of the enjoyment you can get from the game. Personally, I no longer get any enjoyment from passing assistance. But I do get it from passing the ball about manually. It takes a lot of practice, but boy is it worth it.

Wow its been a while since I posted! Anyway.. I decided to grab the Season Update and as expected not much has changed. Same old dull as dishwater shooting, the AI.... still all over the shop as it was in 2020...

Oh and I am sure I read something about Yellow / weird looking pitches? Yep check. I get the same. I also read a reply to that which made me chuckle, something along the lines of "Get a better Telly or its your TV". Not in my instance it isn't as I have a lovely Blaupunkt TV from ASDA which is HDR Ready... I am sure its Konami's weird implementation of HDR.

In all seriousness my tv is an LG B7 OLED which is full HDR10 and no matter what I do... the pitches look toxic with a tint of yellow? was the same with PES 2020 and 2019 as well. FIFA doesn't look like that?

Guys i see you like pes 2021 on FUMA. But is it realistic? Have try it but 2 problems. 1. a long pass takes longer to send then a short pass. But if i see space i want to send the ball directly. Or is it a question of praktice? 2. My main concern is what is the difference between lets say ‘Iniesta’ vs ‘kante’ on fuma. If everything has to do with my direction and pass then pass stats are unnecessary? Or is there still difference in pes 2021

2: Arguably(!) strong passers apply a little more speed and curve to the pass and their passes are easier to control for the receiver (less wobbly). Just slightly less arguably: strong passers are also better at performing one-touch passes, passes from difficult angles and passes under pressure and actually need less time to perform a pass (time between letting go of X and release of the ball).

Disclaimer: i rather believe these statements to be true then empirically proof them by altering stats and experimenting in training mode but be my guest ;-)

In all seriousness my tv is an LG B7 OLED which is full HDR10 and no matter what I do... the pitches look toxic with a tint of yellow? was the same with PES 2020 and 2019 as well. FIFA doesn't look like that

My TV handles Pes 19 perfectly though (Xbox one X)
Looks very good,probably the best looking football game for me.
Then 20 looks like an 80s broadcast from a euro qualifier Vs Bulgaria, commentary via the phone etc!

Welcome back btw!

Wow its been a while since I posted! Anyway.. I decided to grab the Season Update and as expected not much has changed. Same old dull as dishwater shooting, the AI.... still all over the shop as it was in 2020...

Oh and I am sure I read something about Yellow / weird looking pitches? Yep check. I get the same. I also read a reply to that which made me chuckle, something along the lines of "Get a better Telly or its your TV". Not in my instance it isn't as I have a lovely Blaupunkt TV from ASDA which is HDR Ready... I am sure its Konami's weird implementation of HDR.

In all seriousness my tv is an LG B7 OLED which is full HDR10 and no matter what I do... the pitches look toxic with a tint of yellow? was the same with PES 2020 and 2019 as well. FIFA doesn't look like that?

It's easy enough to disable hdr in the PS4 settings, of course that is a bother if you want to turn it on again for everything else

That username always makes me laugh :LOL:

edit: That was meant for @TroyDeeneyScoredAPenal!

And welcome back btw!

It's easy enough to disable hdr in the PS4 settings, of course that is a bother if you want to turn it on again for everything else
I’m in the same boat as Troy. Even when I disable HDR in the PS4 video settings, the pitches still look weird/yellow. And we shouldn’t have to do that - all my other games on the PS4 Pro and One X look beautiful in 4K HDR. All except PES 2020 and 2021.

I feel the need for a FUMA thread. Not extremely necessary, but would love to read more about FUMA and see some videos as well, and also curious how much % of guys here that love the game actually prefer FUMA.
Personally, I really enjoy it this year, but I still struggle at some matches and I feel like it´s not a fair battle against CPU. On another note, a couple days ago I played two matches in Advanced shooting by mistake, an I was surpried how much more varied the shooting was, and on some ocasions the shots were way out, wich was quite interesting. I don´t think this was the case in 2020?

Thant v2 of res universe file. Im a silver member and its the exact same file as version 1! Anyone else have this problem?

I feel the need for a FUMA thread. Not extremely necessary, but would love to read more about FUMA and see some videos as well, and also curious how much % of guys here that love the game actually prefer FUMA.
Personally, I really enjoy it this year, but I still struggle at some matches and I feel like it´s not a fair battle against CPU. On another note, a couple days ago I played two matches in Advanced shooting by mistake, an I was surpried how much more varied the shooting was, and on some ocasions the shots were way out, wich was quite interesting. I don´t think this was the case in 2020?
Fuma with adv through ball is exceptional when you get the hang of it. Every goal I score even deflections I feel like punching the air

can someone recommed a Patch or Option File for PES 2021 so i can have the real clubs licensed / emblems / players .. etc
Thanks in advance .

I stopped playing Fuma early Pes 17 I think.
And on 18-19-20 I haven't felt the need,mainly because the game themselves were quite poor.
Had three games of Fuma on my Pes 13 ML I started yesterday,by mistake :)
But,what a good game to do it on,and also Pes 15 were great.
I know people say "but it's not really stat based then"
Who cares,TS aren't exactly stat based or scripting either.
I agree,a Fuma thread would be nice!

Fully manual for me is the only way to enjoy modern day PES’s now, gives the game more variety, and gives it an element of playability even with all its shortcomings. Even on PA1 the last few years, the game has been way too assisted
Yeah you're right,plus you don't have to play it on a superstar difficulty either if you play Fuma.
Last good PA1 was on Pes 15.
I acctually wish they had that on all games after that

I am wondering if the Konami people ever watched real Football. In most leagues there are 5 Substitutions and not just 3. This is at least 2 years old. Even 99% of the fouls are never fouls in real

This is the first one I've never bought, but may buy it if it works on the PS5, I'm. Switching over in a couple of months so don't want to start a new game again.

This should work on PS5? Yes?

FD

For what it worth, if you are like minded in terms of footy game expectations, and you are wandering whether to buy or not to buy this season update, then don't.
It is what it is, a season update with slight gameplay changes. If you didn't like 20 you won't like that one because it is +95% the same (even with gameplay mods).
It will surely breaks my lowest time played record for a PES. Dumb me...

Back
Top Bottom