eFootball PES 2021 Discussion Thread (CONSOLES)

Really liking the polish of the season update. It does feel like a refined version and coming from just playing the vanilla version of 2020 it definitely feels smoother.

Also noticed the improved AI play, especially in attack. Have seen some good variation: trickery on the wings, delivery and crosses from angles I hadn’t seen in 2020, shots from distance, headers seem better as well.

Mostly playing cup tournaments and exhibition matches fwiw

So, this is DLC- week, nice. Usually there will be some tweaking gameplay- wise as well. I'm not sure how they could mess up the responsiveness but that is what concerns me the most.

1st game FUMA on legendary , got spanked 3 nil by Palace . The AI makes mistakes still and nice varied attacks but the defence makes it seemingly impossible . I think I managed one shot. They are basically boosted in strength and speed so the are on top of you the whole time and come through you and the ref is perfectly fine with it .

So, this is DLC- week, nice. Usually there will be some tweaking gameplay- wise as well. I'm not sure how they could mess up the responsiveness but that is what concerns me the most.

Literally been waiting for this week to decide if I am purchasing 2021. Let us know your thoughts about post-update gameplay

Literally been waiting for this week to decide if I am purchasing 2021. Let us know your thoughts about post-update gameplay

Snap! I’ve had itchy wallet syndrome since the update came out, but am determined I am not going to get caught out by the silly updates that seriously alter the gameplay 9 times in the game lifecycle.

Managed to get this far and not be tempted to cave!

Already got a PS4 option file ready to go, if they don’t shaft everyone on Thursday. Optimistic they won’t ruin everything this week and by the weekend I will be pes-ing again.

So keep the opinions and observances coming this week so that I can get going if it’s not broke.

I truly hope they dont send gameplay to shit, game finally plays consistently, and agile dribbling is still going on since launch on good connection, don't get fooled by the lag

When the update arrives on Thursday, there will be truly this pop up with the option to apply transfers in national teams or something similar. If I apply this, will this screw up my option file?

Yes, very likey it will mess up your option file.

I had not edited one bit/installed options files until we get this massive patch for this reason

My players are so damn rigid in this game, the only time they move is to run offside or run back the way from the pass, skipped PES 20 but thought hey they had over year to perfect it and for £20 can't go wrong.

Not asking for help btw know its just horrible programming that can't be fixed, only complaining.

To quote myself, it turn out maintain position actually makes them maintain position with no variation at all, flexible positioning makes them move like humans, wish the tactics weren’t so set in stone though but a lot of fun on flexible even if players almost bump into each other.

4 goal thriller in my league , I somehow manage to throw away a 2 goal lead. Two great manual goals. Video starts at 1st goal. Full manual
this is the pes gameplay. fuck everyone playing on the blue pill method, shitting on the game like it is fifa level. This game has some baaad stuff, but FUMA is sumthing alright. Play X11 FUMA and tell me you can't have fun, you can't play football? It's the most advanced football simulation on the market, and it's faaar from perfect

this is the pes gameplay. fuck everyone playing on the blue pill method, shitting on the game like it is fifa level. This game has some baaad stuff, but FUMA is sumthing alright. Play X11 FUMA and tell me you can't have fun, you can't play football? It's the most advanced football simulation on the market, and it's faaar from perfect

Wow amazing simulation 0 fouls for Liverpool :LMAO:

Wow amazing simulation 0 fouls for Liverpool :LMAO:
I can count on maybe 2 fingers the amount of time I have had zero fouls and that doesn't take into account advantages . I would like more and penalties need sorting but in general I have little issues with fouls and average 3 or. 4 per game ex advantages

Yeah the massive amount of advantages given has mangled the foul count significantly for a good few games now. The ref will let a a literal murder go if there is a possible advantage. The inability to award a card after a goal is inexcusable, though.

Say what you want about PES 2021, when all is said and done, it does have this particular song on the soundtrack

The video is some David lynch fever dream but the tune, damn!

exactly, their foul system is complete shit. That, and AI awareness, AI in general are the worst aspects of PES by far.

4 or 5 years of complaining never made a difference.

I would've liked a referee strictness slider just to shut up shills who say that it disturbs the flow of the game. Imagine going a whole season without winning a penalty and only taking 3 or 4 free kicks on the edge of the area LOL

Fouls inside the area being ruled as outside are a problem too.

4 or 5 years of complaining never made a difference.

I would've liked a referee strictness slider just to shut up shills who say that it disturbs the flow of the game. Imagine going a whole season without winning a penalty and only taking 3 or 4 free kicks on the edge of the area LOL

Fouls inside the area being ruled as outside are a problem too.
don't forget that offside fouls somehow are more important than your player getting rammed before he makes the pass lol

For the best experience. Fun wise. Do you guys recommend Professional or TP? Seeing varied opinions on the difficultly setting

Yeah the massive amount of advantages given has mangled the foul count significantly for a good few games now. The ref will let a a literal murder go if there is a possible advantage. The inability to award a card after a goal is inexcusable, though.

Say what you want about PES 2021, when all is said and done, it does have this particular song on the soundtrack

The video is some David lynch fever dream but the tune, damn!

The soundtrack is really quite nice, at least that's something that's improved over the years. I still remember when they had Japanese screamo in PES 2008 or 2009. This song is probably my favourite thusfar, reminds me of early 2000s FIFA tracks, imo that era had the best soundtracks in any football game

Professional is my preferred setting. Higher and its to hectic and direct in the passing and scoring department for my sense of football.

I also like Professional for how it represents some things on the pitch, but I find myself playing on Top Player because otherwise CPU can´t shoot enough on my target, so all matches end with an average of 1 or 2 shot atempts against me.

Is it me or it is very difficult to out run any random defender with pace hores like Mbappe?

Also I really think the the half second freeze which have been in the serie since at least 17 is really holding back the physicality of the game.
its possible to deal with fast players. but the half second freeze is awful

Professional is my preferred setting. Higher and its to hectic and direct in the passing and scoring department for my sense of football.

I know you play manual however please don't judge me, been playing since 99. I play pa1.. I know, embarassed which is probably why professional is too easy for haha

I also like Professional for how it represents some things on the pitch, but I find myself playing on Top Player because otherwise CPU can´t shoot enough on my target, so all matches end with an average of 1 or 2 shot atempts against me.
Thank you , for me, it is slightly too easy on professional but it seems to flow better for me if that makes sense. Passing and movement of the players.

Thank you , for me, it is slightly too easy on professional but it seems to flow better for me if that makes sense. Passing and movement of the players.

I was on the same boat with PA1. Try professional with PA0. This year it´s rather easy to make the jump, and the fact is that you can explore space for passing as never before. Keep in mind that scripting very often changes the passing in PA1, to create certain situations on the match, while on manual, it´s like you can "override" the passing mistakes that the game tries to create on purpose. To be honest, I find the game less frustrating in PA0. It´s a learning process, but give it time, you´ll be happy once it starts to click.

Playing of PA0 and manual shooting really opens up the game potential. I was consistently falling asleep when gaming on PA1.
And BTW, prof difficulty is the way for some good football.

Back
Top Bottom