FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

Might get a video at E3 but dont think the game is appearing there according to list so far.

after playing UEFA for the last months I've started to play some games with PES2008/PS3 the last days. I'm using an OF with tweaked stats (from our D/L forums) so it plays much slower. It was actually fun to play.

I've noticed some things I really want to see in the next FIFA games (for me they really can make a difference):

- shooting. I prefer the shooting in PES (I'm not saying it's perfect): R/L shoot ability has more impact. hard shooting "feels" harder, more direct.
- heading feels more "dynamic" in PES
- PES' cutscenes (reaction after missed shots, celebrations) would look brillant within FIFA's engine. PES has better angles, close ups. It feels like a broadcast. Whereas FIFA's cutscenes don't feel like they are taken directly from the match.
- EA needs to add more "in-game cutscenes" (pulling socks, moaning keepers, clapping hands, etc)

Of course there are lots of other things that can/need to be improved in future FIFA games (manager mode, etc.), but I just want to highlight the things I like in PES and that should be migrated to FIFA

If what that guy says is true and it is FIFA 08 but even better, then it is pants cummable news :)).

Just wondering lads do you reckon they've finished the game or there still working on improving it at at the moment?

They are still working on it. Wont be finished until the begginning/mid of August. Then test it and get it ready for shipping in late September/early October.

Anyone heard any rumours about new stadia? On the FIFA forums someone mentioned 15 new ones. I hope the Bernabeu is in FIFA 09, althought I've heard Konami has it's exclusive rights (surely nothing to stop EA making a 'fake' version?).

I do hope the Stadio de las Artes is gone as I'm sick to death of playing there all the time in manager mode. We should be able to choose the home ground for each team in the editor, like you used to be able to in PES.

YES 10V10! Just what I was hoping for. If all the bugs are removed it will be brilliant.

One of the chaps over at RLLMUK managed to get a crack at 09 - http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=185348&st=40&gopid=5212427&#entry5212427

Basically...

They are demoing Fifa 09 down the hall from me, just had a go and its fifa 08 but better. Speaking to one of the press guys we should be seeing more previews today/tomorrow.

well, its slightly slower (than UEFA 08) but the players feel more responsive and agile (turning the the ball better, changing direction quicker, played a couple more games and really started to get a feel for it. Its not radically different to 08 but they have definitely built on that and smoothed off the edges.

Couple of things I notices:

defenders are still strong and can take the ball off the attacker easily (as in 08) but the attacking team seem to run into space much better (pointing where they are going which is genius) so the through ball becomes more effective at opening up the defence.

There is a ref! who I managed to hit with the ball twice!

Nice find, if it is genuine it does sound very encouraging, there are some elements of Fifa08 that work really well, and some from Euro that work really well, a blending of the two will make me pretty happy (hopefully along with a few manager mode tweaks and fixes).

Still not going to get too excited just yet, buying into the hype of a new Fifa is a little like unprotected casual sex, sure it feels wonderfully nasty and exhilarating, but then in a few months you come down to earth with a bump as you wait for your HIV results to see if the risks paid off.

Every single piece of information that was leaked a couple of months ago turned out to be true. Increased physical play, new animation system, 10v10, referees and linesman, interactive celebrations, tactics, weather etc. I wonder who could of got that information....:SMOKIN:

Last edited by a moderator:

Anyone heard any rumours about new stadia? On the FIFA forums someone mentioned 15 new ones. I hope the Bernabeu is in FIFA 09, althought I've heard Konami has it's exclusive rights (surely nothing to stop EA making a 'fake' version?).

Haven't heard about any new licensed ones but there'll be more generic for teams without their own licensed stadium which is good news.

Nice find :)

NEWS-15991-9157b4cbeb3a99c7e5f039e1f84b00f8.jpg

One of my teams ;)

NEWS-15991-7cd52f5c84131e45e7cdea0bf26a99db.jpg

Quite like the look of that camera angle/distance, could play some really sweet passing moves on that with being able to see so many players at once in space and such.

Some screenshots in there that I haven't seen before...good news on the 10v10, here's hoping it works well

LOOKS AWSOME. only fanboy would not admit now that konami are in BIG TROUBLE. it will take somthing short of a miracle to get PES on par with fifa09 by the sounds of it.

Last edited:

They should have the Bernabau i think since Konami lost the license and EA should exclusively own it now.

regarding 10v10

aslong as they include 2v2 or 3v3 options for example than that will be great

i do not want to have to setup a private room or have loads of randoms jump my 5v5 game when i only have a few mates online , as majority of randoms play like idiots and they jump your side

so being able to setup a public game with the needed spaces for you and your mates is important i think

WOW and i just noticed that the pc version has be a pro too! wonder if its 10v10 as well though or better yet if its online? this is great news and you sir have lighten my day which if u look outside is miserable and wet! thanks!!

NEWS-15991-7cd52f5c84131e45e7cdea0bf26a99db.jpg

Quite like the look of that camera angle/distance, could play some really sweet passing moves on that with being able to see so many players at once in space and such.

Thats a PC screenshot

Thats a PC screenshot

Aye but you will be able to edit the camera to that on all versions I believe. So you can have the view like that on your PS3 or 360. Grass looks good on the PC.

Last edited by a moderator:

Aye but you will be able to edit the camera to that on all versionS I believe. So you can have the view like that on your PS3 or 360. Grass looks good on the PC.

I want the angle Rotation angle thingy that PES has - That is the only thing I miss from PES.

What I miss from PES is the felling of actual weight in the balls.

Every single piece of information that was leaked a couple of months ago turned out to be true. Increased physical play, new animation system, 10v10, referees and linesman, interactive celebrations, tactics, weather etc. I wonder who could of got that information....:SMOKIN:

Thanks for pointing that out Bilal - But I don't want any thanks for it ;))

10 v 10.... oh no!!! Bug fest!!! 5v5 is already very unstable!

A bit buggy but still highly playable.

regarding 10v10

aslong as they include 2v2 or 3v3 options for example than that will be great

i do not want to have to setup a private room or have loads of randoms jump my 5v5 game when i only have a few mates online , as majority of randoms play like idiots and they jump your side

so being able to setup a public game with the needed spaces for you and your mates is important i think

Totally agree. Might be worth badgering EA official forums to ensure they don't miss out this vital feature. 2v2 is class and deserves a mode of it's own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom