FIFA 09 Discussion Thread (Old)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: FIFA 09 Discussion Thread

A bit buggy but still highly playable.

Totally agree. Might be worth badgering EA official forums to ensure they don't miss out this vital feature. 2v2 is class and deserves a mode of it's own.

i am in, badger them and link it here and i am sure more people will jump on including myself

we need to start a petition to allow us to choose what we want when setting up BAP

from 2 vs 2 upto 10 vs 10

That was everyone's a winner because you could have 2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 or 10 players on a team at your leisure

where did you get the info from then

Why that would be telling. Some of it is based on careful and accurate predictions. All of the information has now been confirmed by various media and press releases. The final piece of the puzzle is 2v2. But since 10v10 has been confirmed im expecting this also. 1v1, 2v2, 5v5 and 10v10.;-)

2v2 is the best mode. 5v5 was way too buggy so I can't imagine what 10v10 will be like. You will get people dropping out all over the place.

news159912e84463e35b823rj9.jpg

Zoomed pic of the ps3 version. Looks interesting..

Cant wait, looks like Uniteds quick counters will be in with the "Speed" set to full blast:w00t:

news159912e84463e35b823rj9.jpg

Zoomed pic of the ps3 version. Looks interesting..

Can see it now. Thanks. By the way its the 360 version. You can see the B, X and Y button symbols.

From what I can read in that screenshot this is what is written:

Liverpool- Formation 4-3-3

BUILD UP
Speed- 59 'The speed in which attacks are put together.
Passing- 34
Positioning- Organic

CHANCE CREATION
Passing- 51

Manchester United- Formation 4-4-2

BUILD UP
Speed- 93
Passing- 45
Positioning- Free Form

CHANCE CREATION
Passing- 85
:)

I hope that in this game their copy some PES online features :LOL:

- When your online and press START the menu screen will not come up until their is a break in play. Its really annoying when I'm just about to clear the ball or run onto a lose pass only for my opponent to press START, sometimes I lose momentum because of it.

- Upload a good number of previously saved formations.

Hopefully the players will pass the ball and not push it too.

i think we will find out about the new online mode at e3 because nhl09 also has a top secret online feature and i have a feeling that they are the same thing.

Placebo you will be able to full edit the camera to suit you zoom in and out etc :)

On 360 as well? Sweet :)

Thats a PC screenshot

Yeah I figured the text underneath saying "FIFA 09 on the PC" was a clue ;)

Didn't the early leaked stuff say that snow would be included? Not seeing any mention of it anywhere so I'm beginning to think we're only gonna see the rain of Euro........

On 360 as well? Sweet :)

Yeah I figured the text underneath saying "FIFA 09 on the PC" was a clue ;)

Didn't the early leaked stuff say that snow would be included? Not seeing any mention of it anywhere so I'm beginning to think we're only gonna see the rain of Euro........

Yeah on the 360 and PS3 :)

Well, speedwise the last posted video was actually very realistic. I clocked it with some authentic long freekicks from that range and it is good in speed.

Though it still looks wrong, and I think I figured it out. I think the camera is what makes it look wrong. The way it is static and suddenly jerks into action as the ball is kicked.
Also, the ball still looks quite floaty, like it needs just slightly more weight and gravity to get a realistic trajectory, just a nudge. And the nets need a bit more flair.

Also, the goalkeeper animation is also a bit off which gives it an off look.

PES always had inertia in the camera movements. If you struck a ball, it would take the camera some time to react, and the movement would start slow and get faster, as if a human was working it. This also plays a crucial role in conveying the speed of the shot, since right after the shot is taken, the ball is flying to the side of the picture when the camera hasn't yet reacted. In FIFA the camera starts moving immediately, so the ball looses speed, since we don't get to see the "true" horizontal speed of the ball when the camera is not moving.

So there are probably a few factors, all quite small, but they lend a "weird" feeling to the whole scene. THe ball also looks like it needs to slow down a bit more towards the end, it looks to have the same speed throughout the whole shot, rather than the "first quick, the slowing down slightly" look which is to be expected.

EDIT: Just for fun, check this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ds6p9vQF-sk

Now those are all kinds of awesome. :)

Check 2:30 for a nice one.

EDIT2: And oh yeah, PES had an even more crucial thing with the ingame camera. Just as the camera had followed a ball to the goal as it was about to go in, the camera would stop (so the camera would be stationary when the ball hit the net, giving further feeling of speed since the ball moves quicker horizontally with the camera not panning with it), whereas the FIFA camera is still moving to the side as the ball strikes the net. Just implementing that stopping of the camera would make it look alot more "right".

Trance, i think you would like the shooting on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j390wglyfgo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom