FIFA 09 Manager Mode Thread

No, the only thing you can do is not upgrade your fitness coach so that you match, but then your league games are knackered...

Thats what I did, have to rotate about 3/4 players for every match and sometimes save a couple for a big game coming up.

You spend half the time trying to make the MM harder by not touching any of the staff and keeping the lowest paying sponsor you can, then limiting your spending and never upgrading your players and I still have not had an injury longer than two weeks in around 50 seasons of playing... :CURSE:

Yeah Ive hardly had an Injury with Valencia in the two seasons now.

Also when I simulate matches all my players are knackered but when I play they arent, do you guys have that aswell? Or do I just have a relaxing style? :D

Also when I simulate matches all my players are knackered but when I play they arent, do you guys have that aswell? Or do I just have a relaxing style? :D
No that's how it is currently, you get knackered players and month-long injuries when you simulate.

hey guyz....
does anyone knw if fifa manager 09 iz any good
and also do you believe it is a good idea to make the manager mode in fifa 10 some what similar to dat in fifa manager 09?
thanks

So my 'rebuilding' of Celta Vigo did not go quite as planned :CRY:

The club got off to a terrific start, consistently amongst the three promotion places for the first half of the season and even leading the division for a brief time. Brazilian striker Dinei was finding the net from everywhere, the Estadio Balaídos was the place to be for entertaining goal-scoring (at both ends), we even knocked Galician rivals Depor out of the Copa del Rey - everything was looking great.

A failure to strengthen in January was probably a mistake. After that, the initially-promising campaign rapidly crumbled. Goals dried up at one end but continued to flow in in the other (wrong) direction. We floated adrift from the demanded promotion challenge.

Things came to a head in May when Castellón came to the Balaídos and won 5-0(!), a black day for the club that prompted the white handkerchiefs to come out. Despite being on course to finish higher (8th) than the previous season (12th), the club's directors put into motion a plan to find a proper coach who could see through the promotion challenge they required...

I 'mutually' terminated my contract at Celta Vigo after just one season, still unsure quite how things fell apart so spectacularly. My last act as coach was to sign 36 year old Galician native Michel Salgado back to the club where he started his career and install him as captain, then I packed my bags. :COAT:

Down nearer the bottom of the Segunda División, Rayo Vallecano and Gimnàstic looked in need of a new coach. So did 17th-placed Real Sociedad, but I figured my failure in one high-pressure environment would hardly endear myself to them. A random best-of-five coin-toss takes me east to Tarragona, Catalonia, and Club Gimnàstic... :RSCARF:

i am starting manager mode with psg and we r off to a good start , 2-1-1 record and the draw was the first match of the year so i was getting the feel for the club, also the loss was bizarre i sold too many players nd 2 of my defenders were red carded so i had to forfeit not enough players lol. ive made major changes to defense as it was mediocre and big signing was bojan and caceras both from barcelona

23h7fpi.jpg

Top of the table

My first season with Club Gimnàstic was a surprising success. I 'fell on my feet' with this team, there are some talented players, perhaps more talented than at Celta but without the expectation level.

My aim was to finish in the top half of the table. For the first half of the season we hovered around mid-table, then it all clicked together and embarked on a run of victories that propelled us unexpectedly into the promotion chase. That surge of momentum carried 'Nastic into third, and on the penultimate matchday a late winner at Castellon (only their second home defeat all season) secured an unlikely promotion. Murcia and Numancia were first and second.

In the off-season I picked up 35 year old Albert Luque (who was transfer listed by Malaga), to add some top flight experience. The aim this season will purely be survival. Aside from one humuliation at the hands of Atletico Madrid, for whom Forlan is on fire, so far things have started okay. I get the feeling that each point could be valuable come the end of the season.

If you're not losing any games maybe it's time to up the difficulty level? ;)
lol I have and i just dnt concede more that 1 goal, so I end up drawing 0-0 or 1-1, started off the season on world class. Then I stop playing MM for a while, came back couldn't win or lose.

So I drop back to Professional to get some practice, played worldclass against Arsenal recently which I recorded and won. So it will be worldclass for the new season.

I just need to get the title, to close to let it go

Although I just drew against Middlesbrough :RANT:

Do you play all manual?

I just finished my second season on professional, all manual with Sheffield Wednesday of course, won both cups and came 3rd in the Premier league (first season I came 3rd in the Championship and won the playoff final, also winning the league cup), so to start the new season I bumped it up to world class (all manual still of course), started the season beating ManUre 4-1 in the Charity Shield, then just drew my ECC qualifier with Rapid Vienna 2-2 away (played mostly reserves so fairly happy with the result), signed a bunch of freebies, including a 37 year old Nedved that I just couldn't resist :)

My main goal with this final MM is to buy Cronaldo for £50m+ and sell him for the same, which gets me two achievements I believe? So far have £30m in the bank so should be able to do it next season :)

Yes, Full Manual

Goodluck with signing Ronaldo, I get this stupid message saying Manure doesn't have enough players. But there is always Messi.

My ego just made me change back to world class played Pompey won 2-1, now playing Arsenal and am leading 2-1 from being 1 nil down.

My aim keeps getting better
http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/6983669

Manure are now with 70 points and am 2nd with 68, I need beat Arsenal to stay top

Quickly reminded why I despise world class and its cheating stat boosting AI, 2nd leg of the ECC qualifier, lose 5-3 to Rapid Vienna, 7-5 on aggregate, their passing is 82% completion which is made worse by their constant pressing and ease of winning the ball off me, makes playing the game so much of a chore rather than enjoyable :(

Quickly reminded why I despise world class and its cheating stat boosting AI, 2nd leg of the ECC qualifier, lose 5-3 to Rapid Vienna, 7-5 on aggregate, their passing is 82% completion which is made worse by their constant pressing and ease of winning the ball off me, makes playing the game so much of a chore rather than enjoyable :(
Damn, I was just complaining about that after playing Manure in the FA cup semi. All there player's stamina and strenght were extremely low but we drew 1-1 match went to extra but Vidic with 0 strenght and 0 Stamina still manages to out muscle Benzema of the ball. Benzema still had a decent amount left in his tank.

Nani pushing Kompany around like it's nothing

EA need to stop cutting corners and program the difficulty levels right, just because I am playing WC doesn't mean I loss every 50/50 challenge.

Well against the bigger clubs I have less of a problem with how they use the difficulty, take my next match after the turbo charged Rapid Vienna slaughter my best 11, I play Man Utd at home in the league, only 3 days after the ECC qualifier so I'm forced to play my reserves against them, Man Utd win 1-0 but it was a late winner and despite them having the better of the play a draw wouldn't have been too far off fair, and despite them being at full strength against my second string they only ended with 80% passing completion, I'll stick with world class for now but I think I might possibly go back to professional for all <**** and then change to world class for each match against teams that are >**** I did find last season when it was my first season in the Prem that the matches I lost were against the likes of Fulham, Bolton, Derby and such and against Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal/ManUtd I didn't have much problem, I guess in those matches the underdog AI logic doesn't kick in so it ends up being easier for me.

In my eighth season with Leeds in the Prem, just had some odd games, playing great then got battered after being 1 up agianst Villa, 6-1.
Then dumped out of the FA Cup to Liverpool 4-1, agian after being 1 up. The strange thing was all the goals apart from one, where the keeper did the old 'Deer in headlights' thing, were good honest goals from the AI...

Always keep with the lowest sponsor, turn growth off, and don't touch any staff settings apart from ticket price, also do not use Free players or made up ones and you will have a much better game...

I will bare that in mind.

going for the 15 seasons achievement. i'm on season 8 with man utd. the players are totally unrecogniseable :lol

pato is in his mid twenties and ronaldo is nearly 30 haha

my star player is an Argentinian attacking midfielder. Landrau. he's quality. i play on legendary and win the league every year. just won all the cups last year.... getting kinda dull :lol:

Updatetime:

So after 3 seasons at liverpool, finishing by winning the quadruple, I moved to Valancia.

Didnt win anything in the first season but finished high enough to qualify for the Uefa Cup, probably saved me from the sack as the board weren't too pleased. It also enabled me to find the best formation and balance for the team and my playing style and introduce a new generation of players to compliment the spine of the team already in place. 2nd season I finised as league winners and UEFA cup winners, 3rd season I retained the league (by a couple of points) and won the spanish cup. 4th and final season I again retained the league, but only by the finest of margins, was 2 points clear of second and playing Real away. Seeing as I had just won the CL and had the spanish cup coming up I thought I would rest about half the 1st team. Well that bit me in the ass as Real demolished me 4-0. Fortunately second placed Atlethico lost 2-1 and I just about managed to keep the title.

So with the CL won for the 2nd time in my MM career I decided to change settings and move to AC Milan. The team is barely recognisable with a slow Kaka at 33, an about to retire 38 y.o. Schevchenko and pretty much the rest of the squad already being youngsters. So Ive started the season unbeaten and got past the CL qf rounds beating Villareal 3-2 on agg. Have signed a couple of the younger players from Valencia that I was still developing and am building up a decent squad with more youth players as atm its in shockingly poor condition with maybe 3 or 4 decent players availeble to me outside of the first 11.

What was nice to see was the far slower speed of the game in Italy, not only because my players are worse but the opposition play far slower aswell.

So my career looks like this:

2009-2010 Liverpool - League and FA cup winners
2010-2011 Liverpool - League, FaCup, LeagueCup & Charityshield winners
2011-2012 Liverpool - League, FACup, LeagueCup & ChampionsLeague winners
2012-2013 Valencia - 5thplace finish and UEFA Cup qf
2013-2014 Valencia - League and UEFA Cup winners
2014-2015 Valencia - League, Spanish SuperCup and Spanish Cup winners
2015-2016 Valencia - League, Spanish Cup and ChampionsLeague winners
2016-2017 AC Milan - still in progress.

Back
Top Bottom