FIFA 09 Manager Mode Thread

There you go ;) With the intricacies of manual shooting it will almost never go 100% where you're aiming, so you end up butting it 6 inches either side of the keeper which is perfect as he can't get down to it properly to make a diving save :)

Played 3 matches tonight:

Man City 1-0 Sunderland
Arsenal 1-1 Man City
Man City 1-0 Everton

I am now 4 points behind the top 4 teams who are all on 18 with a game in hand!

Small update from my MM:

Rayo 0 - 0 Sevilla Athletic
Rayo 1 - 0 S.D. Escuiad
Rayo 0 - 0 Hercules
Rayo 3 - 0 Levante
Rayo 2 - 1 S.D. Escuiad (Copa del rey)
Rayo 1 - 2 Girona
Rayo 2 - 1 Cordoba
Rayo 3 - 0 Castellon
Rayo 0 - 0 Real Sociedad
Rayo 2 - 1 Real Zaragoza

Last edited:
Played 3 matches tonight:

Man City 1-0 Sunderland
Arsenal 1-1 Man City
Man City 1-0 Everton

I am now 4 points behind the top 4 teams who are all on 18 with a game in hand!

U playing on legendary i guess but what setting do you have, you know the manual thingy. Its on full manual mate?

Nah I play on Professional, 6 mins halves, full manual settings.

Played more matches today, lost a couple in the league 1-0, the second to a VERY questionable penalty decision :RANT:. then beat Birmingham 4-2 AET in the Carling Cup. Continued in the Premiership with a 2-2 draw against Spurs. Beat Charlton in the Carling Cup 2-1 AET, the Quarter Final draw threw up a tricky trip to east London to play West Ham. Next match is the Manchester derby at Old Trafford!

Oh yeah I already play on slow game speed too. I find 6 mins halves is adequate to be honest. I think I'd get bored if it was 10 mins each way.

Oh yeah I already play on slow game speed too. I find 6 mins halves is adequate to be honest. I think I'd get bored if it was 10 mins each way.
Hmmm, do you find 6 minutes is long enough too gradually build up your attacks?

In my serious MM's I play 10 min halves, just killing time right now with an achievement orientated MM but TBH I'm finding it really boring having players like 97 Torres, 98 Cronaldo, 96 Fabregas, 98 Beevers, 97 Grant 94, Plessis etc. etc. I really can't understand people who seriously want to play with such a fantasy team :)

Yeah will bring the half time down and Nick Cave I used to play 5 min halves and just obsessed with the game haha! I have turned my player auto growth off as it is pathetic the way your player gain experience.

Yeah will bring the half time down and Nick Cave I used to play 5 min halves and just obsessed with the game haha! I have turned my player auto growth off as it is pathetic the way your player gain experience.

I'm on 7 Min halves at the mo, I find I get too many goal chances above that.
Glad you don't use auto growth is shocking in 09, let's hope it's much improved as promised in 10... ;)

Depends on the player's shooting stats, his body position and the ball's position, and of course that B is set to be shoot not long pass in the controller configuration ;)

and of course that B is set to be shoot not long pass in the controller configuration ;)
The amount of people who swapped those bloody buttons around at the Emirates... Well actually it was just MJSmith, but still. MJ! GRRR!

I'll never forget that goal I scored when I was shaping up for the cross and then hit the shot instead because of the buttons being switched, catching the keeper completely off guard.

Just played the one game so far today, but it was worth it:

Man Utd 0-3 Man City

Santa Cruz hat trick! BOOM! One of the goals you can see in the FIFA09 videos thread :)).

The amount of people who swapped those bloody buttons around at the Emirates... Well actually it was just MJSmith, but still. MJ! GRRR!

I'll never forget that goal I scored when I was shaping up for the cross and then hit the shot instead because of the buttons being switched, catching the keeper completely off guard.

:SMUG:

I play 15 minutes, Slow. I like a patient build-up and to feel the momentum shifts during a game, it's all over too soon on anything under 10 minutes for me.

Small update:

Rayo 0 - 0 Girona
Rayo 0 - 1 Exerez
Rayo 0 - 0 Tenerife
Rayo 0 - 3 Real Madrid (Copa Del Rey)
Rayo 4 - 0 Las Palmas
Rayo 2 - 1 Salamanca
Rayo 2 - 1 S.D. Huesca

What difficulty do you play on?
Legendary.

30min games...:SHOCK: How many chances on goal do you have...
I couldn't say off the top of my head, but nothing abnormal. I like to keep the tempo low, usually play defensively away from home and the scorelines remain pretty 'normal'. Not many 0-0 draws perhaps, but rarely anything crazy and my goals For/Against columns are similar to the other teams in the division. I had a 5-4 once but that was an exception.

In my MM, I'm viewing this as potentially my final year with Gimnastic. Aside from the aforementioned heavy defeat in Bilbao the season has started promisingly, including a home victory over a strong Villareal side. My aim is to leave the club in the top half of La Liga, or at least comfortably mid-table, when I depart.

There will be no transfer budget in January unless I sell, although a sale could be on. I think it unrealistic that a club of Gimnastic's size would be able to hold on to the Brazilian striker (the nippy number 13 in my video in the Video Thread, if you watched it) who scored 18 goals in his top flight debut last season, and looks sharp again this season. Marca are already printing rumours that he'll hand in a transfer request...

I'm thinking about looking to step up to a more established club at the end of the season. If I can acheive my aim of finishing in the top ten-or-twelve, I'll have taken Gimnastic from a mid-table Segunda Division side to a mid-table Primera Division outfit in three years. That should earn me a shot at a bigger job I reckon. Plenty of this season ahead first, however.

Legendary.

I couldn't say off the top of my head, but nothing abnormal. I like to keep the tempo low, usually play defensively away from home and the scorelines remain pretty 'normal'. Not many 0-0 draws perhaps, but rarely anything crazy and my goals For/Against columns are similar to the other teams in the division. I had a 5-4 once but that was an exception.

Hmmm my stat's are usually in the low to mid teens for chances with maybe half that on target, sometimes a little more sometimes less. As for goals I'm never quite up with the top four, though I do concede less, I'd be interested to see what a difference to the stat's 30min games make...

I'm playing on proffesional, fully manual and am having some good games, but I am not conceding can anyone give me some suggestions on how to make the opposing teams more of a threat?

I've started playing on World Class now. For the first few games I was close to quitting but once I'd got my star rating equal (or above) the rest of the teams, and I started using the player growth bit to increase everybody's strength to as much as possible, I've started getting really good tactical games where they can't just use the "push you off the ball all the time" stuff.

How people play on Legendary though is beyond me.

Mid Season update:

League: Liga Adalente
Team: Rayo Vallecano
Objective: Finish in the top half
Position: 7th
Goal Difference: -1

Just gone past January, in the window I sold one player and brought one in aswell which leaves me €450,000 for the endo of season window :)

Back
Top Bottom