FIFA 09 PC discussion thread

I've watched the PC trailer and notice graphically the game looks nearly as good as the console versions (models don't look as good i reckon) but I haven't seen a PC gameplay video yet. Will the gameplay be identical to the consoles? please say yes!

Does the Pc version have the same tricks and moves as the console versions? I think this wasn't the case with 08 or am I wrong?

woo... the console that dated 11th not even coming out yet, now the pc that should be on 12th has come. downloading now. will install tomorrow morning

if this game is an indicator on how ea improved the response of players in the next gen games than we have a fantastic experience ahead of us ;)

of course it is still the old engine, but nicely polished and i think it plays very fluid and good. also the fully customizable controls are nice. gonna place some more now

The old engine doesn't matter. It works on a similar basis to Pro Evo - 8 directions and all that. It doesn't mean it can't be a good game.

I will give my honest opinion shortly.

Very good game this, I love the mouse controls. Taking some getting used to though.

Nowhere near the console versions though, but still the best football game on PC imo.

menus look very good also, nice and clear new design

player faces have some excellent details, van der vaart looks very good imo

i like this! :D

OK, I've played a few games - here's my first opinion on the game.

Pros:
* Graphics are pretty good. Everything close up looks AWESOME. Player likenesses are superb, EA have clearly been working on those - faces are now better than on Pro Evo. Everything runs smoothly at 60 FPS, and my PC is only a little above recommended settings.
* Game plays at a slower, more realistic pace now.
* Tackles are great now. Very realistic reactions to sliding tackles, and there are some very nice animations when the players get hurt or angry.
* The gameplay has been expanded so you can DO a few more of the things you want to do. The standouts for me are improved long shots, curling passes, and lofted through balls are easier to implement.

Cons:
* All in all, the gameplay has not changed much. It's an update from FIFA 08's gameplay. Not at all bad, but could be better.
* The colour is a bit washed out in places. Much improved on FIFA 08, but particularly in the replays it doesn't look great.
* They may have overcooked the collision system a little. If a big player runs into a small player, for example, the small player goes flying - looks like it should be a foul and an injury, but play goes on as normal. They could have been more subtle with this.
* I had to fiddle around with the graphics settings to get good results. 3D grass and Post-processing are a waste of time in my opinion. Post-processing seems to add an unrealistic bloom effect and not much else, and it halved my frame rate in replays and cut scenes.

Overall, pretty good so far, with a few minor niggles. We'll see how annoying those niggles are over the next few days, I guess.

those PC specifications are a shame... it's so stupid and unbelivable that a sports game like fifa has higher specs than, for example, upcoming call of duty 5... really a shame...

MadBall, it will run on lower spec computers no problem. Like I say, I have it on the highest possible settings at 60FPS, and my computer is only just above the recommended specs.

Still same old gameplay engine not next gen one although it has tweaks from previous PC games it dosnt match that of Fifa 08 yes its faster but physics and animations are still same old of previous PC games. I wasnt expecting anything better though as seen videos previously to playing it.

Graphics are nice but still a long way short of PS3/360 also just had crash great. Still old stadiums and not that of next gen version overall its better then PC games before but not patch on console version.

EA really need to get there next gen engine on for PC users.

yeah. just play. what they say bout improvement,is mostly on graphic. nothing particularly being improved on the game play. the pass animation still the same,celebration still the same,shooting animation still the same,cross,header.etc. the improvement is only in a bit of collision effect when you rub others people shoulder :LOL: but the graphic,i mean the player faces is stunning,with the sweat,never thought a pc version can take it till this nice. overall,not so enjoyable to play. the net still the same too. =)

What annoyed me was this game ran smooth on my PC at 60 frames, A game which IMO has far better graphics than PES2008 yet that struggled to run on my PC. Proved my theory that PES08 was coded like shite by Konami.

Well guys as you can see im not a FIFA man but thought id give this a shot and I wasnt impressed at all with the game play. Graphically it was ok, the menus were sharp and the stadiums and crowd were brilliant. However when it came to game play I just didnt get it. Players control on this is diabolical. You pass to Ronaldinhio and his control should be instant, but it went a few yards in front of him nearly every time. On the other players it was worse.I know that people have slagged off PES 2008 but it seriously is much better than this....on pc anyway.

Back
Top Bottom