FIFA 09 PC discussion thread

Quick tip guys - if your game is jittery, turn off post-processing in the graphics settings. That's what's causing it.

On a side note, has anyone managed to get anti-aliasing working? I have an ATI card and it doesn't seem to want to work. Only close up where it uses its own anti-aliasing (i.e. a slight haze around players).

It only seems to support keyboard, mouse and 360 controls - I wonder if it'll be expanded in the game?

I use a 360 controller anyway, they are awesome.

game plays alright. the gameplay is similar to pes08 and i dont know if thats a good thing or not. graphics are pretty cool and i love the collision detection and some of the animations.

overal this game aint worth more then £20 while PES08 should be a free game

There aren't many options to change in the demo, unfortunately. Only graphics.

I'm worried about some of the things that have been missed though. Does anyone know if PC formations are customisable in the full version, like on the console versions?

There aren't many options to change in the demo, unfortunately. Only graphics.

I'm worried about some of the things that have been missed though. Does anyone know if PC formations are customisable in the full version, like on the console versions?

it's not true, you can change controls.
but i will delete it because of unacceptable bugs.

YouTube - EA FIFA 09 PC DEMO Ballack

Last edited:
No arena, customisable formations (detailed), no difficulty setting, why don't they like the PC market?

I hope the Arena + in depth formations are in the full game!

How do you call for the ball on be a pro mode? I'm using the keyboard

Last edited:
My mini-review of the FIFA09 PC demo..

Overall : Very disappointed. I was lead to believe it was going to be up to par this year with next-gen consoles. It falls way short. Ball physics are poor, control is a bit sloppy, nets look poor..colours are a bit too saturated IMO.

Whoever said the player faces were really good needs to play more and/or get their eyes checked. I dare you to check out Ballack and Joe Cole and tell me they wouldn't fit straight into Resident Evil or Silent Hill! Honestly, I may have nightmares after seeing their eyes. This game should be rated 'R' for horror on the football pitch.

Another incredibly annoying feature of the demo (not fixed from last year's demo) is the demo does not save custom graphic or controller settings. Way to go EA! If you wanted a way to get your demo uninstalled even more quickly , that is a great way to do it.

Conclusion : PES2008 on PC with patches & mods is still far better IMO. PES2009 is looking good. I hope EA port next year's version of FIFA for PC straight from Xbox360.

Last edited:
My mini-review of the FIFA09 PC demo..

Overall : Very disappointed. I was lead to believe it was going to be up to par this year with next-gen consoles. It falls way short. Ball physics are poor, nets look poor..colours are a bit too saturated IMO.

Whoever said the player faces were really good needs to play more and/or get their eyes checked. I dare you to check out Ballack and Joe Cole and tell me they_don't_look like zombies! Honestly, I may have nightmares after seeing their eyes. This game should be rated 'R' for horror on the football pitch.

Another incredibly annoying feature of the demo (not fixed from last year's demo) is the demo does not save custom graphic or controller settings. Way to go EA! If you wanted a way to get your demo uninstalled even more quickly , that is a great way to do it.

Conclusion : PES2008 on PC with patches & mods is still far better IMO. PES2009 is looking good. I hope EA port next year's version of FIFA for PC straight from Xbox360.
i dont know why they dont just pport it from the 360. the 360's SDK tools are near identical to the pc's tools. porting it will take maybe 3-4months tops? probably less really. its a shame because porting it from the 360 takes less development time and money then creating this so called pc version made from the ground up

I have no frame of reference to any of the console versions as I've never played them. Its a real shame though they seem to use a different team to make the game. I'm no expert but surely porting over the game would be easier? I wouldnt mind waiting 2-3 months after the release to play it. I'm used to that these days with all the xbox/ps3 ports I play on the PC.

They worsen the graphics so 'everyone' can play. Surely people who are hardcore PC gamers these days have a relatively good specification computer? If they didn't then i'm sure they would all have consoles.

If its true the ball physics are worse than the console versions then i doubt if i'll buy it. I dont want to feel like i'm constantly playing an inferior game every time I load the game up. 1 of my mates has a PS3 so i might get a few games on his when the game comes out

The readme ask for a minimum 2,4 GHz (single-core) Processor.

I just don't know anything about computer, but I guess my processor (AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3200+) doesn't meet that requirement. To certify that, I can't start the demo (Meesage traslated from spanish: "Fifa09.exe has detected a problem and must shut down")

On ther other hand, red_devils2k4 says he can run it well, so I'm kinda confused here.

Besides from the processor, I have a Gforce 8800 and 2gb ram, plenty of HD space, and windows vista sp3, so I don't see that being the problem.

Would anyone know? Thanks in advanced!

Yup. I am a hardcore PES gamer and thought I'd try the FIFA demo just for the fun of it. I have played it for a few games now - at first, I quite liked it due to some nice animations (especially the keepers are far more realistic than those in PES) and the goals actually looking like their real-life counterparts.

But, I must admit that gameplay-wise it's severely lacking that "wauw" feel I am looking for. Admitted, PES 08 is not a very good game compared to previous years, but gives me far more pleasure playing than this demo.
Too bad that EA don't give the PC users the next gen experience, that'd change my mind about the series I think.

@gergerger
In system requirements A64 3200+ ~ P3 3,2GHz
So it should run fine.
Look for the problem elsewhere. Update drivers, dx etc.

i just wonder how this game would run on p4 dual core (not c2d) 2.66ghz, nvidia 7300gt 256mb, 1,5gb of ram?

the guy on gamingaccess wrote that game isn't playable without some nvidia 8xxxx card... if that's true, this game is a crap...

The game will run with a GeForce 6600GT apparently, but I suspect you need a dual core processor and at least 1GB RAM.

I am using 2.4GHz dual core, ATI X1950 Pro (roughly equivalent to a GeForce 7800) and 2GB RAM, and it runs at 60FPS at all times. Not too demanding at all.

is your cpu dual core or core 2 duo? because my is 2.66 dual core and it's slightly faster than yours, but you have a better graphic card and more memory...

Guys, any idea how to make the ps2 pad + adapter work? It makes the selection go crazy and it starts cycling every option of every menu, I can't do shit. I was forced to unplug it and it all went fine, only I can't play with the keyboard, I'm not used to it anymore

The game will run with a GeForce 6600GT apparently, but I suspect you need a dual core processor and at least 1GB RAM.

I am using 2.4GHz dual core, ATI X1950 Pro (roughly equivalent to a GeForce 7800) and 2GB RAM, and it runs at 60FPS at all times. Not too demanding at all.

3.0ghz singlecore, 1GB ram and a GeForce 7950GT (512mb). Runs smooth, with a very very occasional stutter.

The game looks ok.Graphics are gook but the gameplay still has many gaps.
I thing the ball is huge.

Why i cant play be a Pro with the behind of the player be a pro camera?
PLS answer me.

intel core 2 duo 2.67 (E8200)
2G Ram
8800 GTS 512 MB

Back
Top Bottom