FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web Premier League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Chris Davies

Chief PESsimist
Staff
14 May 2003
UK
Tranmere Rovers
fifa09leagueco3.png

For FIFA 09, rather than litter the forum with three or four seperate threads (there's already a couple), I thought we could try doing the draw, discussion and results in the same thread. So here goes nothing. ;)

Premier League draw

The draw follows. All Premier League teams, in alphabetical order, were placed in a list and randomised using the website RANDOM.ORG. The order was then cross-referenced with the numbers of each player in the signups thread, so for example, the first team in the randomised list would go to player #1, who is me.

You can verify that this draw is legit by clicking the above link, entering the following team list (exact spellings, excluding the words "will be managed by" etc.) and by using the persistent randomiser code "Evo-Web.co.uk" (minus quotes obviously).

Arsenal: JayD
Aston Villa: -
Blackburn Rovers: Kamy100
Bolton Wanderers: Joe
Chelsea: Chris Bauer's dad
Everton: Hello
Fulham: Bitter Rivals
Hull City: Jamesy
Liverpool: Jumbo_
Manchester City: -
Manchester United: -
Middlesbrough: Tim7
Newcastle United: Chris Bauer
Portsmouth: Dutfish
Stoke City: Rob92
Sunderland: -
Tottenham Hotspur: iceman17
West Bromwich Albion: Shooto
West Ham United: tuta
Wigan Athletic: BobbyBox

FULL RULES & REGULATIONS:
THE BASIC RULES:
One full season is two in-game seasons consisting of playing each team once. You must play at least eight games per week. Your games-played total will be checked at around 6pm every Friday. If you cannot stick to this for any reason, people not accepting invites or going on holiday etc., you must report it in this thread. ALL RESULTS must be recorded by you and your opponent, and entered into this thread. Each result only needs to be posted once but feel free to include a match report if you like.

When someone drops out of the league, a reserve player will take over that team, and inherits all previous results for that team (any games they play that have already happened that season are null and void). Disconnect matches can be replayed as an unranked match, as long as both players agree to it. Otherwise, the result can stand as it was before the disconnection, or just one half can be replayed - whatever the two of you agree on.

ADVANCED RULES:
WARNING SYSTEM: A warning will be given for the following offences; 1) not playing the required amount of games per week, 2) quitting during a match [outside of lagging rules, see below], 3) lagging [see below], 4) having three league members state in the forums that they have experienced bad lag against you, whether this has resulted in a warning already or not* [see below]. Once you have accumulated three warnings you are banned from the league. THE SAME RULES APPLY TO EVERYONE, SO PLEASE DO NOT COMPLAIN IF YOU BREAK THE RULES!

LAGGING: If you are playing in a game that is so laggy you feel you cannot continue, you must (I repeat, and please read this carefully, YOU MUST) quit the match within the FIRST FIFTEEN MINUTES - regardless of the score at that point. The result is then null and void. If you quit after fifteen minutes, accidentally or otherwise, this will go down as quitting and you will automatically be given a 3-0 loss and a warning. This is to prevent abuse of the system. Also, quitting in the first five minutes can only be done a maximum of twice per fixture, again to prevent abuse. You must contact your opponent and tell them about the problem, so that you can both work towards a solution and then you can replay the match either on that day or at a later date. If the lag cannot be fixed then ONE WARNING will be given to the lagger.**

*The reason for this is that it is not fun to play a lagger, whether the problem is fixed after replaying the match or not, and if the offender is persistenly lagging without being able to find a PERMANENT FIX, it is incredibly frustrating for all involved. If you cannot fix it, it is not our problem.

**The "lagger" is the person not experiencing the lag whilst the other person is (purposefully or otherwise, it DOES NOT MATTER if it is their fault or not as it effects everybody else), and they will receive the warning. If both people are experiencing the lag then it could be a server issue or both players' NAT being "moderate" or "strict" - for more information on this and how to resolve it, please CLICK HERE.

PROMOTION AND RELEGATION RULES & REGULATIONS:
Three players (NOT TEAMS) will be relegated from the Premier League into the Championship, and three players (NOT TEAMS) will be promoted from the Championship into the Premier League. There will be a new draw at the start of each season to decide who will manage who.

The top two of the Championship will be promoted, with 3rd-6th placed teams entering a playoff. Two legs will be played, with a final at Wembley. Whether this happens automatically when the "playoff" option is enabled within Online Leagues I don't know, but we'll find that out along the way!

Last edited:
Re: FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

:( </3 fucking hate red ring of death

Hopefully my team (not ruining the suprise;))) will be as hot as they are IRL at the moment - otherwise :puts on scottish accent: 'I'm doomed'!

Oooh Middlesbrough! I actually really like playing as Boro, Alves and Aliadiere work very well together :))

This is gonna be superb! :DANCE:

Happy with my team ;).

Not sure when this is starting, but I am away Mon-Fri next week, but I will be on every night before and after then.

Looking forward to it guys.

Last edited:

lmao fucking
fulham

not tried them yet, i better start playing some single player and forget laggy 10v10 for a bit

Last edited:

oh crap sorry were we not supposed to mention the team.

I though tthe spoilers were for added suspense.

D'oh!

oh crap sorry were we not supposed to mention the team.

I though tthe spoilers were for added suspense.

D'oh!

I am sure those who have posted will already know their team so I would guess that by tonight the spoiler tags will go from post 1

So when can we start? - are we allowing swapsies or however you call it?

I will set up the League republic site - once I know :DD

im happy with mine

So can we swap?

I might ask cb7 if he wants to swap

cb7 do you want to swap Villa for Man City?

I've just asked cb7 over MSN if he'd like to swap with you Coopz and he said yes. First swap of the day!

I must be crazy but JayD if you want to swop Arsenal for Rovers I would be delighted, I am a Rovers fan and it'd be kinda cool to play as them in this league.

coopz is lucky cos he is shit with city lol...

and kamy you are crazy giving jayD more strength, but your a rovers fan so that is fair enough lol

any fulham fans here who might want to play with them?

I also don't mind a swap, I like Portsmouth but I don't mind who I am really (apart from the likes of Bolton, Fulham and Wigan!) - I've noticed Dutfish has been given Newcastle and if I remember rightly he supports Sunderland, so I wouldn't mind swapping with him to spare him a horrible indignity.

Last edited:

Thanks CB and cb7 ;))

how lucky is JayD!!!!!

Bitter said he loves Fulham by the way so don't try and swap with him

I've spoken to Dutfish via PM and we're going to swap, so as a Mackem he can get rid of Newcastle like a hot potato and I'm chucking him Portsmouth.

I wonder how long it will be before the fans want me out... "Scouse mafia"...

what was the point of the draw again? haha

Wigan are a pile of dog turd!!

Just played a few games online and as soon as they are up against a fast winger/striker - then I get ripped to shreds!

I bet this league will make me hate this game :DD

I haven't checked Hull's stats Bob, but at least you're likely to pick up some points (against me)!
Still, at least I haven't got Newcastle ;)) I just could not get on with them in the 08 league...

Back
Top Bottom