FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web Premier League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Re: FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Bitter said he loves Fulham by the way so don't try and swap with him

thats true, but i think fulham love me to

last thing i wanna do is play with a SLAG team and play like a SLAG!!!

Andy Johnson is a rocket on 09!

Big John, Big Joooooooooohn, Big bad John

I must be crazy but JayD if you want to swop Arsenal for Rovers I would be delighted, I am a Rovers fan and it'd be kinda cool to play as them in this league.
Brilliant :ROLL:.

I must be crazy but JayD if you want to swop Arsenal for Rovers I would be delighted, I am a Rovers fan and it'd be kinda cool to play as them in this league.

YES PLEASE!!!!

Quote of the day from JayD on MSN:
LOL I've just seen it and accepted it, it was a hard decision but for his sake I'll do it

My heart bleeds....................

;)

Woooooooo Villa are brilliant

Wigan are a pile of dog turd!!

Just played a few games online and as soon as they are up against a fast winger/striker - then I get ripped to shreds!

I bet this league will make me hate this game :DD

wanna swap with fulham?

Does anyone want Stoke? lol.

It won't be too bad if I can change the throw taker though... :PP

EDIT - You can't, so Stoke's only goalscoring weapon in Delap long throws is not in FIFA, great :TD:.

I'm still happy to play as them if nobody wants to swap, having the worst team in the league gives me an excuse when I lose :D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Does anyone want Stoke? lol.

It won't be too bad if I can change the throw taker though... :PP

EDIT - You can't, so Stoke's only goalscoring weapon in Delap long throws is not in FIFA, great :TD:.

I'm still happy to play as them if nobody wants to swap, having the worst team in the league gives me an excuse when I lose :D.
I will but i don't have a team for you.:JAY:

Are we starting tonight?

Yep, league details will be in this thread come 6pm.

woooooooo

We can have a Golden boot award as well seeing as it tracks top scorers

490418847_1b055f0612.jpg

Replace that text with "Coopz - Carew - 2008" though ;))

does it track cards and stuff as well?

Last edited:

Not sure, a lot of it is trial and error. I've read it sorts the table by points now instead of wins but that might be bollocks knowing that some of the guys on the EA forum have said you can change your home stadium in manager mode, which is rubbish.

I've also got no idea what the playoffs do, I'm thinking it just makes 1st place play 2nd place at the end of the season. You can't specify any options but if we make a second division I'll switch it on for them, just to see what happens.

I know you can click on each team in the league and view their individual stats though, so it's not just the five top scorers or whatever. I would bet cards are in there somewhere, we'll have to see.

I can see it now...

TT 2006
Games played: 4
Goals scored: 0
Goals conceded: 21
Yellow cards: 16
Red cards: 8
Motto: "Where's the goalkeeper going??"

EDIT: The servers have been down for the last three hours (on Xbox 360 at least), it says "no opponents available" and when you try to create a game it says "the team play servers are currently down" (even if you're trying to start a normal 1v1 match).

I hope they're fixed for 6pm...

Last edited:

Not sure, a lot of it is trial and error. I've read it sorts the table by points now instead of wins but that might be bollocks knowing that some of the guys on the EA forum have said you can change your home stadium in manager mode, which is rubbish.

I've also got no idea what the playoffs do, I'm thinking it just makes 1st place play 2nd place at the end of the season. You can't specify any options but if we make a second division I'll switch it on for them, just to see what happens.

I know you can click on each team in the league and view their individual stats though, so it's not just the five top scorers or whatever. I would bet cards are in there somewhere, we'll have to see.

I can see it now...

TT 2006
Games played: 4
Goals scored: 0
Goals conceded: 21
Yellow cards: 16
Red cards: 8
Motto: "Where's the goalkeeper going??"

Its all fine - until a game cuts off/people quit because of lag etc (So have to play a seperate online match). Then all the stats will not be right. Hopefully we don't get too many of them.

Of course Bob, but the point is that it's still better than sorting it the way it was sorted before. It'll give you a better idea at the very least. And if you have a look at the signups thread I've suggested that if we have a second division, we try to keep it so that results aren't reported (if the league really does sort by points). If a game crashes for some reason we could just say "swings and roundabouts", we shouldn't have to keep reporting the results and updating our own league table really. It's like playing 38 friendly matches on your own and keeping your own little Premier League table in a notepad.

But like I say, it's trial and error at the moment. For all we know (not many people experiment with online leagues), there could be a system where if the game crashes within the first 15 minutes the result isn't recorded, like normal online games (if I've read that right). That would help us out a bit. Who knows.

Yeah it would be good - They should just have a replay button, that you can use once. Just incase it does conk out. If both people accept the replay then it can go ahead.

If they did that - then Bobby wouldn't have to make a league republic table :DD

They should also make it so THAT YOU CAN SET IT TO PLAY 2 FUCKING GAMES A SEASON AGAINST EVERY TEAM!!!!!!! LIKE EVERY FUCKING MAIN LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

League Login Details

League Name: Evo Web Premier
League Abbreviation: EWP
Password: letsrock

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CHOOSE THE TEAM YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED!
See the first post in the signup thread (HERE) to confirm.

To join, go to Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Online Leagues > Search Leagues and search for the league abbreviation (EWP) only. This should bring up the league Evo Web Premier. Select that, input the password, and away you go.

Remember to report all of your results in here as well!

Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

i reckon u should have pm'd or email everyone the details :P because u might get someone wasting or some what like trying to join when there not even in league, hopefully this doesnt occur and goes all smoothly :)

If that happens aitk3n, I can boot them the fuck out. :)

:LOL: nice. i don't know if that was aloud or what as i dont have a 360 to play it on :(

I've joined - I will be on for the next hour or so if anybody wants a game?

Remember that it's restricted to only being able to play each person once before the end of half-season, so it will be a bit more difficult to fit the games in each week. I will have to get my arse in gear, currently the rules say seven per week which seems a bit much but then it works out as exactly one month, and that's great.

You mean George Best

Chelsea 0-1 Wigan - CB's dad brought his keeper out.

Newcastle 0-2 Wigan - first game first goal first bug, the ball took a deflection off a player and the goalkeeper got stuck in the "it's gone over, silly bastards" animation, stood still while a header flew in. Fucking hell...

:BLEH:

bring on the bitch fest :APPLAUD:

bobby off to a good start

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom