FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web Premier League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Re: FIFA 09 Xbox 360 Evo-Web League - DRAW, DISCUSSION AND RESULTS

Sorry if it takes me a while to start a game lads, I don't like Newcastle's default formation so I have to change it and then swap the players around, I go as quick as I can... ;)

Chelsea 0-1 Wigan - CB's dad brought his keeper out.

Newcastle 0-2 Wigan - first game first goal first bug, the ball took a deflection off a player and the goalkeeper got stuck in the "it's gone over, silly bastards" animation, stood still while a header flew in. Fucking hell...

:BLEH:

Yeah I was lucky in both games. I had alot of one on ones vs CB's dad - but I find it really hard to finish them with semi shooting. CB's dad had a couple of one on ones aswell but couldn't finish them - I was lucky he brings his keeper way out now and then.

The first goal against CB was comical - his keeper just stood there like he had a stroke :LOL:

But when my player did the first shot and it hit my player in the back, the animation was great - the player that got twated sort of stumbled forward and off balance because of the power of the shot. It was nice to see - not for CB though :DD

The second goal was nice - but the damage had been done by the buggy first goal.

Sorry if it takes me a while to start a game lads, I don't like Newcastle's default formation so I have to change it and then swap the players around, I go as quick as I can... ;)

Same for me. I've got Boro custom formation and custom tactics saved so it shouldn't be too bad :)).

i have a custom formation changed and i know how to change that.. but if i wanna load custom tactics and stuff how do i do that..

probably really obvious to some of you, but i have never done it?

Same for me. I've got Boro custom formation and custom tactics saved so it shouldn't be too bad :)).
Can you save a lineup? I've saved a formation but there's players in the wrong positions etc. (I switch from 4-3-3 to 4-4-2).

i have a custom formation changed and i know how to change that.. but if i wanna load custom tactics and stuff how do i do that..

probably really obvious to some of you, but i have never done it?
You just go into custom tactics before the game and load it. You can assign them to the D-PAD as well under custom tactics (quick tactics) so that you don't have to pause to go through them all.

Newcastle 1-0 Stoke - very close game, couldn't break through, then one pass interception and (totally flukey) counter attack later the ball is passed to Martins who runs forward and finesses it into the corner. I had a few more chances after that because Rob changed to a more attacking strategy - great to see the difference it made and it meant a much more attacking game.

Same here, not sure what good it will do me though!

Just had to box my Elite to go back to Game tomorrow, just setting up my other 360 so should be on soon...

Manchester United 1 - 4 Arsenal

A solid start for the gunners.

EDIT:
WO! I don't know why but it hasnt registered in the league. Veilsideboy 7 invited me to the game, I won 4-1 but have just checked the league table and I have no games??? Not sure what to do.

Last edited:

Aston Villa 6-1 Wigan

1-1 until I had a player sent off - defender. didn't sort out my formation and he punished me.

In second half - I sorted my team out put a full line of defenders back on and it was if I didn't do it!! - they didn't put the man in defence - so I had a gaping big hole in my defence and he exploited it.

The 5 and 6th goals the wife walked in and we argued - so I wasn't fully concentrating :PP

I have to say the keepers are super shit - they are really slow to react and it is pissing me off already!!! they don't even try to come out unless you press the button and when you press the button he goes in a little diagonal motion which leaves a gaping big goal to score in!!

Anyway I got bummed :DD

Last edited:

Blackburn 1-0 Stoke

I'm going to lose every game with this fucking shite team (worst in the league, just my luck), and it doesn't help when you get hacked down in the last minute when you were through on goal and have people try cutbacks against you :II.

Manchester United 1 - 4 Arsenal

A solid start for the gunners.

EDIT:
WO! I don't know why but it hasnt registered in the league. Veilsideboy 7 invited me to the game, I won 4-1 but have just checked the league table and I have no games??? Not sure what to do.

Sorry mate i think its my fault. Didnt know whether to choose unranked or ranked match n choose unranked. Its up to you mate rematch or play again for a 4-1 win to you?

Sorry mate i think its my fault. Didnt know whether to choose unranked or ranked match n choose unranked. Its up to you mate rematch or play again for a 4-1 win to you?

You are meant to do it from the online league screen - click on the name then choose invite.

Newcastle 2-1 Chelsea - unbelievably stuffy, last minute goal. Both only came because he brought his goalkeeper out though. If he hadn't he'd have won. :(
Sorry mate i think its my fault. Didnt know whether to choose unranked or ranked match n choose unranked.

2Fast_2Furious, what are you talking about?! That's not how you play people! You go to ONLINE LEAGUE!

Xbox Live > Online Game Modes > Online Leagues!

The result stands, wasn't JayD's fault.

Last edited:

all the bitching already lol

should of left coopz with man city, he would of been bummed

he's good with villa

You have to invite via the online league menu, that way it tracks results, scorers etc. Leave it to Chris, we may have to play via the league again though. 4-1 to of course :COP:

all the bitching already lol

should of left coopz with man city, he would of been bummed

he's good with villa

He did play well :DD

couple of very fast players and big fucker Carew!!!

You are meant to do it from the online league screen - click on the name then choose invite.

My bad. I know where i went wrong now. Sorry im new to all this league stuff.

He did play well :DD

couple of very fast players and big fucker Carew!!!

yea it is hard to defend against..

carew is really tough to win a header off and villa are great at getting down the flanks to deliver...

Blackburn 1-0 Newcastle - very hard playing with Newcastle, passes going astray all over. But it can't be any easier playing with Blackburn! ;) Well played Kamy.

Stoke 0-3 Arsenal

Stoke 0 - 3 Arsenal

This honestly could have been very different, he hit the bar twice, had a player sent off and I scored a wicked deflection ( it looked so real though, a shot from outside of teh box hit his player and looped into the far corner ) Stoke were physically bigger and stronger than Arsenal and this really showed, I love this game, the difference in teams is amazing.

I'm just a bit pissed off at the moment, give me about 10 minutes and i'll be ready to play again :PP.

Yeah that deflection looked awesome Jay, so realistic. When you went 1-0 up I went very attacking to try and get the equaliser, and against Arsenal that's suicidal with the likes of Walcott on the break.

Coopz 0 - 2Fast_2Furious 0

How i drew that i will never know, it was about 15 shots to 1 at the end including hitting the bar/post and missing from 3 yards

and

Coopz 6 - Bobby 1

went 1-0 up conceded a weird goal off the post off my goalie then the defender slid it in :LOL:, then bob got a man sent off and i took advantage

good games lads

What the fuck.

Everton v Stoke, the game loses connection in the middle of the match, and I get given a 3-0 loss.

This game is just against me tonight.

If your opponent agrees you can replay it, we're reporting results on here remember. You can even just play a second half if you'd reached half time.

It was about 20 minutes in I think - it didn't get to half time anyway and the game was pretty even up until that point and it was 0-0.

I'll send "Hello" a PM asking if we can replay the match :).

Back
Top Bottom