FIFA 10 360/PS3 Demo Feedback + Videos

Re: FIFA 10 Demo Feedback

I'll be honest and say I'm not really seeing 360 dribbling or movement, it still looks 8-directional to me (and that's with close control and standard running, no sprints).

Yes, I have fired up the 10 demo and not 09 ;)

I don't really notice the 360 dribbling, it's different but not radically.

I still haven't quite grasped the concept of the 360 dribbling. Sure, I've seen the video's and understand the logic behind it, but in Fifa 09 I thought I was dribbling in any direction. I think it makes for more intricate moves and postioning, but I'd certainly like to see more evidence of it being worthy of all the hype.

Long passes are MILES better! A lot more zip to them, quality :D

A couple of main gripes off the top of my head from F09 were the shocking advantage rule where the referee brought play back, and the lack of pace difference between some of the players (Lennon for example, struggled against some slower defenders).

Hopefully these two points alone have been rectified, certainly that advantage rule.

Long passes are MILES better! A lot more zip to them, quality :D

Now that is good news. What about chipped through ball?

CPU has just had a shot from about 25 yards out, on the right sideline of the pitch. I'm thinking "what the hell? stupid glitch!"

Nope, the CPU saw more keeper was way off the line, smashed it over everyone including the goalie, and hit the bar :LOL:

Nice.

CPU has just had a shot from about 25 yards out, on the right sideline of the pitch. I'm thinking "what the hell? stupid glitch!"

Nope, the CPU saw more keeper was way off the line, smashed it over everyone including the goalie, and hit the bar :LOL:

Nice.

The word "glitch" was worrying. Thankfully it wasn't. Looking forward to videos of goals and great moments. Much like last year.

Does anyone know if there are any new skills in F10?

It's a shame I couldn't upload it (EA servers not up it seems) as it was pretty interesting.

I don't feel like the pitch is any bigger. I think Rutter said they made the players smaller so it seems like the pitch is bigger and we have more time on the ball? I'm not feeling that at all, nor that I have more time on the ball. Seems the same as 09 in that respect.

Can anybody put my mind at rest.

Every preview video has the keeper legging it back after being lobbed and palming the ball away on the line.

I hope this doesn't happen all the time, like it looks in the videos.

Because that hardly ever happens in real football.

To be honest, they have taken F09 and tweaked it to try and perfect it even more. Those wanting a brand new game and engine are going to be disappointed. I was really pleased with last years effort, coming from PES for many, many years. Just minor improvements and additions would make it so much better, so I'm presuming and hoping this has all been taken on board and mastered.

Every preview video has the keeper legging it back after being lobbed and palming the ball away on the line.

Indeed. The same thing happened last year with certain animations and situations.

Just played a couple of games, stood up and let up a big "Hmmmm".

I'm not the biggest FIFA fan, but I desperately WANT it to be good.

First game, Chelsea v Chicago, was typical FIFA fare (for me), frustrating passing, midfield scraps and it felt 100% like playing FIFA09.

Second game, my Barca against Marseille and in this game, I saw about 5 new things!

* The skill dribble is now so much more effective. Was doing a slow dribble out of defence, was closed down and did a little skill move which happened without the old lag of 09 and I was past him - very good.

* I barged someone just outside the box, quick free kick layed off and they hit a hard shot from about 30 yards off the post.

* Play got pulled back for a booking. I know it happened on 09, but advantage play is MUCH better

* Passing feels more crisp now, but its the freedom and speed of movement thats got better.

* GK come off their lines instantly if you hold the charge button down - and they dont stop either, much better.

Overall, I still fear it will be a drag playing as lower league teams, but I think this is definitely 'evolution' rather than 'revolution' and its a better game for it.

I'll keep the pre-order now, but will be interested to see how PES plays on the PS3 in comparison.

:LOL:

Ref blows his whistle for a free kick, it doesn't go to a cutscene and I'm wondering what's going on ... the CPU takes a quick free kick :)

Some really nice touches here.

I just hope he doesnt palm the ball back to the striker for a tap in

That will no doubt be rectified come final release. I'm sure it will be updated to 68 :BOP:

An indication of a good game, all the little things measuring up and appearing over weeks and months of gameplay.

What do you mean regarding the passing being erratic, though?

Hopefully because with 09 that feeling of seen it all before never faded for me.

I just hope he doesnt palm the ball back to the striker for a tap in

Keepers seem much better and anything palmed out, there is usually a defender diving in to make a block of any follow up.

Gonna be some amazing goals scored in this game.

I think more than ever with 09, you REALLY have to put PES out of your mind, get the finger off the sprint button and play it like 'real life'.

I think the engine is good enough now to do it. The pace and response of the players even in walking mode is about spot on. I thought it was too slow in 09.

Just played a couple of games, stood up and let up a big "Hmmmm".

I'm not the biggest FIFA fan, but I desperately WANT it to be good.

First game, Chelsea v Chicago, was typical FIFA fare (for me), frustrating passing, midfield scraps and it felt 100% like playing FIFA09.

Second game, my Barca against Marseille and in this game, I saw about 5 new things!

* The skill dribble is now so much more effective. Was doing a slow dribble out of defence, was closed down and did a little skill move which happened without the old lag of 09 and I was past him - very good.

* I barged someone just outside the box, quick free kick layed off and they hit a hard shot from about 30 yards off the post.

* Play got pulled back for a booking. I know it happened on 09, but advantage play is MUCH better

* Passing feels more crisp now, but its the freedom and speed of movement thats got better.

* GK come off their lines instantly if you hold the charge button down - and they dont stop either, much better.

Overall, I still fear it will be a drag playing as lower league teams, but I think this is definitely 'evolution' rather than 'revolution' and its a better game for it.

I'll keep the pre-order now, but will be interested to see how PES plays on the PS3 in comparison.

Very good assessment, mate, thanks.

Also, as you mentioned, the second game you noticed a few things. I'm sure the more you play, the more you'll discover.

Keepers seem much better and anything palmed out, there is usually a defender diving in to make a block of any follow up.

Gonna be some amazing goals scored in this game.

I think more than ever with 09, you REALLY have to put PES out of your mind, get the finger off the sprint button and play it like 'real life'.

I think the engine is good enough now to do it. The pace and response of the players even in walking mode is about spot on. I thought it was too slow in 09.

:APPLAUD:

No more of the bigger player easily knocking the smaller off the ball,and the crossed free kicks don't seem floaty at all to me.And a player tried to chip my keeper but he just took a few steps back and caught it.

Can anyone confirm whether chipped through ball has been tweaked at all? It was very poor in F09.

airjoca, just make sure you remember to edit the "locale" setting. it goes unnoticed and is set automatically. you can change it manually.

2 matches, 2 wins, none conceded so far :)

Have my 3 goals recorded in HD :) Working on uploading them now.

Playing on all manual of course.

1st Match me Barca v Chicago, win 1-0 with a Pique header from a corner
2nd Match me Chelsea v Bayern, win 2-0 with a Drogba tap in after rounding the keeper and a Cech Panenka ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom