FIFA 10 360/PS3 Demo Feedback + Videos

Re: FIFA 10 Demo Feedback

Hmmm, i prefer it, i just can't decide how much quite yet. I've only one game mind.

Second game played, few thing i've noticed that i like.

Yellow cards. The way the name comes up on the screen just looks good, simply put. And i also like the indicator above the players head.

Quick free kicks. Work really well, far better than they ever did in PES. Had a game with Chelsea and took one quickly to put Malouda through no the left hand side, which resulted in a chance on goal. Looked really good. The animation is more for it though i think, i saw the ball roll ion its own into hands of a player to take it.

360 dribbling is noticeable. Also, the ball doesn't stick to the players as much. A couple of times after dribbling i've taken a heavy touch and lost possession because of it, i like that.

Last edited:

Anyone else noticed how much harder it is to get behind the defence and 1-on-1 with the keeper? 09 was way too easy for that, this is much improved.

After three games I'm happy to say it's definately an improvement. Like has been said earlier, it's more a case of taking their engine and tweaking it. And they've done a cracking job really.

The slower pace, the reaction times, the long passes, defender blocks, defensive positioning ... loving it :D

I just wish I noticed the 360 dribbling more ...

WTF?

Where is the 360o dribbling? I cant see it...

Eveything else is almost perfect for me...

PES rest in peace!!!

Last edited:

They have the same old cut scenes when a player gets injured,i would have liked to have seen new ones.

Maybe 360 is not in, maybe is an old code, maybe the 84% version will be out tomorrow....ops no sory lads.....i thought it was the pes forum...must have made a mistake...

I feel that the players have their own individuality,pique runs like pique,puyol plays like he does on tv,i may be wrong but it seems that way to me.

I am loving the 360 degree movement. If you're not seeing it then you're not deliberately looking for it (it's very subtle).

Move towards your own goal and smoothly move the stick in slight directions up and down. When you're sprinting, instead of pressing full-left/right then diagonal left/right, try moving just very slightly with each knock of the ball. I've beat a few men by doing this so far. But unless you experiment with it, you're never going to notice it because it's implemented really well. If you need further proof, zoom the camera in 100% and try different camera angles.

Loving it so far but the real test is when playing against another human, which I'm about to do. :)

EDIT:

You're aware it's not 360 dribbling when sprinting right? Only when jogging or using pace control.

Actually, it is. See above. :)

Maybe 360 is not in, maybe is an old code, maybe the 84% version will be out tomorrow....ops no sory lads.....i thought it was the pes forum...must have made a mistake...
loool nice one

Waiting on Chris' impression before I decide how pissed off I should be at Orange and sluggish SCEE

I aint read any of this thread but it would be nice to have a heads up on what's new and how to do it

switch foot for example
new tricks
beating players with 360

ect ect

If you don't feel the 360º dribbling that means you're using the dpad. I've done some amazing simple stuff with Messi already. Only using LT to close dribble. :)

I am loving the 360 degree movement. If you're not seeing it then you're not deliberately looking for it (it's very subtle).

Move towards your own goal and smoothly move the stick in slight directions up and down. When you're sprinting, instead of pressing full-left/right then diagonal left/right, try moving just very slightly with each knock of the ball. I've beat a few men by doing this so far. But unless you experiment with it, you're never going to notice it because it's implemented really well. If you need further proof, zoom the camera in 100% and try different camera angles.

Loving it so far but the real test is when playing against another human, which I'm about to do. :)

EDIT:

Actually, it is. See above. :)

Still can't see 360 movement. Zoomed in, jogging towards my goal and it still looks 8-way :(

Still can't see 360 movement. Zoomed in, jogging towards my goal and it still looks 8-way :(
You can't be looking hard enough - some people can't see it and I really don't know why because it's totally obvious. Try in the arena, how can you not see it?! :BORED:

I think it's like being colour blind, some people just can't spot small movements (I'm not being arsey, genuinely, that's how it seems to me)!

If you want to see it try moving without holding LT then hold it after

Any way you move, 360 is there, and it's very clearly there. Very noticable when sprinting though. Absolutely loving this game. Some great animations and the blocking is glorious.

Great Placebo, waiting for the vids
Maybe noticing the 360 degrees is related to how subtly you're pressing your LS.

Just think of it as "Is the player moving in the direction I hold after he touch the ball?". If he does then the 360 works fine. If he moves to the closest 45 degree angle then it is like in 09.

With running there seems to be a bit of difference now in the angles, its not 360 because you are running to fast but it does have a effect on it because skinned a full back by moving slightly diagonal to get a cross in and Drogba powering in my first goal

Weather its the same angles it moves every time ala FIfa 09 i dont know but it did look more subtle to me

just watching the new vids on youtube and im liking the shot speed and there are some sick dipping shots and some low hard ones from quite a way out

Back
Top Bottom