FIFA 10

Its clubs the reason for me. Its just so damn addictive, its a great great idea which EA need to improve on a lot but still its 100x better than anything else when it comes to football gaming..

I'm enjoying playin BAL but the bug and cheating AI is killing me. Plus the BAL bug from 09 is still not fixed, say if you choose your number as 7, and you enter Man United, you'll get 2 player on that no. 7, your V.pro and Owen.

Its clubs the reason for me. Its just so damn addictive, its a great great idea which EA need to improve on a lot but still its 100x better than anything else when it comes to football gaming..

You don't find the gameplay speed to be too fast in Clubs or the fact that everyone uses assisted passing in Clubs to be a problem? Or do you ONLY play with people that try to play realistic football?

I guess I should just ask what control scheme and game speed you usually use.

You don't find the gameplay speed to be too fast in Clubs or the fact that everyone uses assisted passing in Clubs to be a problem? Or do you ONLY play with people that try to play realistic football?

I guess I should just ask what control scheme and game speed you usually use.

How would you plan on playing full manual in clubs? You can use through balls,lob passes and shooting just fine on manual, but you better pretty much have perfected it or you are just going to frustrate the fuck out of your teammates. The problem with clubs is not speed at all. It's primarily the generic midgets you get playing in goal or at the back that are useless at defending a chip or headers off of the giant strikers. Speed rarely an issue since many clubs don't use 10 players.

How would you plan on playing full manual in clubs? You can use through balls,lob passes and shooting just fine on manual, but you better pretty much have perfected it or you are just going to frustrate the fuck out of your teammates. The problem with clubs is not speed at all. It's primarily the generic midgets you get playing in goal or at the back that are useless at defending a chip or headers off of the giant strikers. Speed rarely an issue since many clubs don't use 10 players.

Normal game speed, for me at least (and for a lot of others) is generally too fast. So I'd imagine that playing Clubs would be the same as just playing the game on Normal speed and with assisted passing. Obviously if the rest of your team doesn't do it, you probably shouldn't, but if that's the case then you're kind of forced to play a way that most people don't consider to be realistic. At least that's what I got from people always saying (and I certainly believe this to be true) that manual and slow speed is the way to go to make the game more realistic.

It all depends then on how you like to play I guess but much like Online Team Play or random ranked matches, they usually aren't played in a way that's representative of real soccer. And with Clubs it feels like the real draw is trying to level up your guy. And that means goals, goals, goals, and the odd trick move to beat a man.

I've just had a thought, will we be able to filter controls in Ultimate Team? That would be BRILLIANT and if you see this Chris Davies, make sure they get the message! :)

Normal game speed, for me at least (and for a lot of others) is generally too fast. So I'd imagine that playing Clubs would be the same as just playing the game on Normal speed and with assisted passing. Obviously if the rest of your team doesn't do it, you probably shouldn't, but if that's the case then you're kind of forced to play a way that most people don't consider to be realistic. At least that's what I got from people always saying (and I certainly believe this to be true) that manual and slow speed is the way to go to make the game more realistic.

It all depends then on how you like to play I guess but much like Online Team Play or random ranked matches, they usually aren't played in a way that's representative of real soccer. And with Clubs it feels like the real draw is trying to level up your guy. And that means goals, goals, goals, and the odd trick move to beat a man.
So have you played clubs?

sarcasm_detector.jpg
sarcasm+meter.jpg

;)

here's my two cents... fifa 10 is the best football game around.. but.. when you play it with manual (or semi-assisted at least) controls and slow game speed. on assisted, it's pure arcade; you wouldn't believe how much the gameplay changes, all mechanics and etc.

Agree with this completely. Nigh on impossible to find a game online against randomers with these settings unfortunately. I don't believe it's because everyone out there wants to play the game on fast and fully assisted but simply because finding a game isn't quick and easy. Be great if we could get gamers regularly going on-line using these settings.

Agree with this completely. Nigh on impossible to find a game online against randomers with these settings unfortunately. I don't believe it's because everyone out there wants to play the game on fast and fully assisted but simply because finding a game isn't quick and easy. Be great if we could get gamers regularly going on-line using these settings.
you've just have to go to "waiting room" and put you're prefered settings (manual and slow).....in this way there is no problem in finfing someone to play..believe me....

Have to say I do dislike EA shouting about how great FIFA 10 has sold, but at the same time its what you expect. All sales people talk about the positives I suppose.

Good job from all the people commenting on his blog though, make sure EA keep their feet on the ground, and are aware how we all feel.

They should have made Semi/Manual the "Default" Settings originally when they brought it in. most people wouldn't notice and wouldn't bother changed it to Assisted. I think majority know what it is now and would change it back unfortunately

Two matches in a row now the 360 has completely locked up as soon as the game ends :( Removed it from my HDD and installing again to see if that makes any difference.

They should have made Semi/Manual the "Default" Settings originally when they brought it in. most people wouldn't notice and wouldn't bother changed it to Assisted. I think majority know what it is now and would change it back unfortunately

Exacltly. That is the very least they could do. But they should just remove assisted and rename semi the new assisted so that the only control options are manual and assisted (semi).

Back
Top Bottom