FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

I play on slow and with the higher pass speed it makes the game play a fair bit quicker, when I first created the slider set I was in the EPL with a 4-4.5* team against similar so I was curious how they would translate to a League1 default Wednesday when starting a new CM, well I was extremely pleasantly surprised, they work great, I just had to raise passing error and shot error a bit higher to reflect the lower technique of L1 players but with these sliders the individuality of players is the best I have seen in any football game in over 27 years of playing football games! :)

....with these sliders the individuality of players is the best I have seen in any football game in over 27 years of playing football games! :)

Indeed my friend, you really nailed the perfect set-up for a realistic footy game. It's got me jumping out of my seat every time someting great happens just like I'm watching a real game of the team I support.

The only thing I changed for myself is the passing and shooting error to 30 for me because I'm not that good yet at manual. :)

Did you send these settings too the producers yet? Rutter or Humber really need to see and try them imo.

btw THANKS! :D

Thanks Placebo for great sliders. I have only one concern, did you consider lowering passing speed for human player? I mean that it's really hard to pass the ball to nearby player, you got to tap the pass button really fast, otherwise the pass will be to strong or player will have troubles with catching the ball.

The second question is did you try to use it with Fidel's 5.1 gameplay? Together they make best football experience of all times. It's so great to see CPU building up, midfield battles, CPU passing back etc. you all should really try it. It's easy to install/uninstall so it shouldn't be obstacle preventing you from trying it.

Thanks Placebo for great sliders. I have only one concern, did you consider lowering passing speed for human player? I mean that it's really hard to pass the ball to nearby player, you got to tap the pass button really fast, otherwise the pass will be to strong or player will have troubles with catching the ball.

The second question is did you try to use it with Fidel's 5.1 gameplay? Together they make best football experience of all times. It's so great to see CPU building up, midfield battles, CPU passing back etc. you all should really try it. It's easy to install/uninstall so it shouldn't be obstacle preventing you from trying it.

I reckon an obstacle might be that he doesn't play it on the pc?

No I'm persona non grata with EA these days :(

But thanks for your kind words :)

2 questionsabot your sliders:

1 high marking what that do I reduce marking to 47 as it gives more space?

HIgh full back runs. I read best to keep below 60 as 60+ often the full backs are cuaght out defending up the feild to much

You should use any slider set as a base and tweak appropriate to your gameplay level, preferred playing style etc etc, I've already altered some stuff slightly based on the fact I'm playing a new CM with default L1 teams rather than a good Premier league team when the slider set was created.

You should use any slider set as a base and tweak appropriate to your gameplay level, preferred playing style etc etc, I've already altered some stuff slightly based on the fact I'm playing a new CM with default L1 teams rather than a good Premier league team when the slider set was created.

You using the default Custom Tactics with your slider set?

Well it depends on your level of playing ability, it should work fine except could make the game a little easy, in which case perhaps raise the shooting error a smidge more just for you, best is a few matches to test :)

I lowered the power bar to 54 and passing speed a bit lower for me (left the same for the computer) on Placebos sliders. All what feels better for you without making it easy. I felt the passing speed was just too fast and I couldn't get used to it also the power bar, I needed a bit lower as I was balooning shots too often (because not used to it)

Is really good on Legendary, I get enough of the ball, but the computer plays some lovely stuff at times and makes lovely moves and scores some good goals.

Just had a 3-3 game with Spurs and they won on Pens, but it was great, they went 3-1 up and I managed to get it back level with a Van Persie deflected shot on the 90th minute.

Think i have finally got mine to a level now in-which i enjoy, Also found this guy's vid on Custom Tactics, And it makes a hell of a difference when using slider settings, This works a treat depending on your team...:BOP:

YouTube - FIFA 12 BEST TACTICS

I lowered the power bar to 54 and passing speed a bit lower for me (left the same for the computer) on Placebos sliders. All what feels better for you without making it easy. I felt the passing speed was just too fast and I couldn't get used to it also the power bar, I needed a bit lower as I was balooning shots too often (because not used to it)

Is really good on Legendary, I get enough of the ball, but the computer plays some lovely stuff at times and makes lovely moves and scores some good goals.

Just had a 3-3 game with Spurs and they won on Pens, but it was great, they went 3-1 up and I managed to get it back level with a Van Persie deflected shot on the 90th minute.

I'm amazed there was a 90th minute goal :SHOCK:

You haven't heard the complaints about the scripted 45 and 90 minute goals? I don't see it but then again I play real careful near the end of the half and the end of the game.

this must be true I always concede goals in 45 or 90 mins...I just thought its cuase I get lazy and thnk whistle gonna go then CPU Counters and gets lucky?

Yo mean its scropted if cpu is losing that they improve their perfoamcen at these times?

Its unstoppable?

this must be true I always concede goals in 45 or 90 mins...I just thought its cuase I get lazy and thnk whistle gonna go then CPU Counters and gets lucky?

Yo mean its scropted if cpu is losing that they improve their perfoamcen at these times?

Its unstoppable?

Play carefully it is stoppable if you don't get careless.

Play carefully it is stoppable if you don't get careless.

yeh I guess. I often slack up at 45/90 just trying to get ball over half way line for whistle if im winning.

Wonder why CPU does this and what actual mecahincs happen?

You haven't heard the complaints about the scripted 45 and 90 minute goals? I don't see it but then again I play real careful near the end of the half and the end of the game.

Tell you what your making me a beliver, Took over at Bradford League 2, Flying top of the League, But most of my goals against have been around the 45min mark or 90min mark, Few games last night i went 2-0 up then they would pull one back right on the 45min mark from a corner or open play and it was as if i had no way of stopping it going in, My game against Chesterfield i was 3-0 up away from home, but on the 90mins it refused to let me out of my box, Eventually they scored with a defected shot....????

Tell you what your making me a beliver, Took over at Bradford League 2, Flying top of the League, But most of my goals against have been around the 45min mark or 90min mark, Few games last night i went 2-0 up then they would pull one back right on the 45min mark from a corner or open play and it was as if i had no way of stopping it going in, My game against Chesterfield i was 3-0 up away from home, but on the 90mins it refused to let me out of my box, Eventually they scored with a defected shot....????

The CPU really tends to step up the pressure late in close games. You gotta be really careful.

The CPU really tends to step up the pressure late in close games. You gotta be really careful.

Not only that if you gusy are like me subconsiouly you are jsut tyring to get ball over half way line to get whistle, rather than play well. If your winning I mean.

Hmm, just had a go of these Placebo sliders...game's different I'll give it that. Thought that full manual would be a nightmare but surprisingly it played okay, had a fought 1-1 with Villa.

Placebo a question? I've decreased pass speed to 65 for me and 75 for the CPU. Will decreasing pass speed make the game less bobbly and bouncy? This is one area that I love with these sliders the fact that I guess player control comes into it when the ball gets pinged into feet?

Back
Top Bottom