FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

Isn't it speed related? There are two categories, as LTFC said, then I believe each are further affected by how fast your player is travelling at the time. If you are moving quickly, your touch is heavier than if you are moving slowly.

I also suspect that the mystical gravitational pull of other players is involved.

im sure theres a few options.

I think only slightly shift stick makes lesser knock on..full push the stick fast he does a big knock on...push it two times he does 1 small knock on then huge knock on....i cant recall...I never use it much

im sure theres a few options.

I think only slightly shift stick makes lesser knock on..full push the stick fast he does a big knock on...push it two times he does 1 small knock on then huge knock on....i cant recall...I never use it much

I've only ever used the heavy knock on using two flicks of the right stick when I'm running onto to ball to be honest. As far as I'm aware though you can do it with the ball at your feet too though, you just flick the stick twice and very quickly.

It works by doing a standard knock on with the right stick, I'm pretty sure the speed you move the stick doesn't matter. Like Nerf said, it may be influenced by the speed you're travelling at but it's not analogue sensitive. A simple double flick of the stick will hit the ball on really far.

I posted a video showing a volley with an Ajax player in the video thread last week I think, and the guy who crosses the ball uses the heavy knock on using two R stick movements to get away from the full back.

When my mates try barging in on me with pressure a lot, I like to use the right stick flick to bridge them. Sort of like you did but knock the ball to the right side and run past them on the left, kind of move. FIFA has really good animations for that.

ok well funnily as we were talking about doing knocks on in this thread, check what I managed to pull of tonight using the knock on effect.

http://www.ea.com/soccer/videos/ugc/114902805

looks amazing
for me this is the best offline football game I've ever played(Career mode )
This game has put a new standard for career modes
I'll post my sliders later as its a compination btw Lancers's and Placebo's .I'm really happy with the results

Lancer's line formation is like what happened in Napoli's match yesterday

looks amazing
I'll post my sliders later as its a compination btw Lancers's and Placebo's .I'm really happy with the results

explain in terms of napoli or City?

Yep I agree some of the things you can pull of in fifa 12 are unreal...Its so dynamic. Liek that move I done last night and video posted....Like Pele in the world cup they always show he knocks it past the keepers side and runs round the other side but doesnt score lol...Even though he dont score the move is so great they always show it on world cup highlights.

THe amount of things you can do with the ball at your feet and with manual passing the amount of freedom you have on the pitch on FIFA 12 is amazing. Career mode is also great like an earlt championship manager game.

One thing Id like to see is a few more ''real'' stadiums and mayeb more variations of ''fake'' stadiums.

yes, some of my mate are coming over with beer and pizza to play the career mode. we hadn't done that since pes3 or pes4.

I am left to wonder why they release such a poor demo compared to the final one. the demo plays and looks nothing like the final game.

anyway, easy and deep career mode is all i need. I'd love to play the world cup though, i don't think u can get offered by national teams? can u?

buy fifa wc 2010 south africa..is cheap, decent game tbh....

Euro 2012 will be out soon to I guess

looks amazing

Those line settings are actually posted on the first page of this thread by JDM I believe. I have tried a number of different combinations and they all have their good and bad points.

Which sliders should be changed to make the midfield battle tigther, and the defence to play less high up?

reduce line hieght would make defensive line deeper.

Reduce line lenght I beleive makes the game more compact also so would make the gaps between defense and midielders less and tighter.

Hey, I'm not so good at Fifa playing against CPU at higher difficulty. But playing against a human player works better for me. I feel a human player is more attacking, and therefore makes more errors (i.e. sliding, and sometimes too rushed). I would like to know if there are settings for the sliders to make the CPU more like a human player. I am thinking Legendary with customized sliders or something but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

I would like to know if there are settings for the sliders to make the CPU more like a human player. I am thinking Legendary with customized sliders or something but I'm not sure. Can anyone help me? Thanks!

Here you go ;)

Just had two great matches on my new slider settings, think I'm finally getting them down to a point I can share them, legendary, all manual, yet with these sliders legendary is far more reasonable and the best part is the AI plays far more human like, just had one match away to Arsenal where I won 5-0 which sounds bad on paper but turns out their keeper was some 49OVR kid who's 5ft 11 so not really a surprise I scored more, the actual match stats were a lot more realistic and balanced than that suggests, and last match I just had an absolutely cracking FA cup tie at Everton, real cup feel to it and there was a great ebb and flow, at times they were on top, at times I was on top, ended 1-1 and is going to a reply, here's the post match stats:

sliderstats.jpg

Ok here's the stats from two more matches and then below will be the sliders:

Nothing too out of the ordinary about this one, best team won, my keeper unsurprisingly got man of the match.
dsc0154ju.jpg

Crazy match this one, Chelsea already play Mikel at CB for the last couple of seasons, Bruma got sent off for two yellows on 34 so they moved Andy Carroll to CB! This left an LW and RW up front which surprisingly worked as they kept running between my fullbacks and CBs and found a lot of space (despite being man marked by my fullbacks), note the amount of CPU tackles/cards and especially CPU shooting, who said they don't shoot from outside the area? ;)
dsc0155lg.jpg

And here's the sliders:

User Sliders

CPU sliders

Sorry I don't have time to write them out neatly but I'll do that tomorrow I swear! All manual controls, Legendary, 10 min halves, slow. For best testing play in dry weather as the wet pitch slows down the ball and makes it easier for the AI to pass, this is fine as it makes rain matches a little harder which is good but not until you're familiar with these sliders ;)

Here's the sliders in written form as promised!

---------------
Controller Settings
---------------
All Manual controls
Analogue sprint
Tactical defending
---------------
Game Settings
---------------
10 Minute halves
Legendary
Slow
---------------
User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 45/45
Acceleration - 50/48
Shot Error - 55/55
Pass Error - 53/58
Shot Speed – 51/51
Pass Speed - 75/85
Injury Frequency - 98/99
Injury Severity - 50/60
Goalkeeper Ability - 60/60
Positioning:Marking - 85/80
Positioning:Run Frequency - 70/70
Positioning: Line Height - 48/49
Positioning: Line Length - 48/50
Positioning: Line Width - 45/45
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 70/70
Power Bar - 58

Yep I agree now after prolonged testing that 51 works well, as long as you combine it with slightly raised goalkeepers and raised shot error (even if using manual). You see some rockets but from the right players, not from 46OVR CBs

The increased marking is primarily to compensate for the heavily increased amount of turnovers you'll now get because of the CPU's passing inaccuracy, it's not just about them passing direct to you, or straight out of play, because of the increased pass speed now they will often make the pass to their player but if the player in question doesn't have great ball control their first touch will be poor and you easily nip in and get the ball back.

I've played 10-15 matches on these sliders and for me (obviously it's subjective) they play a hard but fair game of football and the chances created, shots, passing etc. etc. remind me a lot of what I see in EPL matches. Some other stuff I really like is that defenders tend to hoof the ball a bit more now, often they will pass back to the keeper too hard and all the keeper can do is slice it into touch or slice it in the air back at their CBs, again this looks really realistic to me.

One thing I especially like about shot power 51 is there's a lot more movement on the ball which on a sweetly hit shot looks great and looks realistic.

Obviously with any set of sliders they should be seen as a base, some people will want a harder game so they can lower the AI pass error/pass speed/shot error, some people will need an easier game so they can play semi/assisted or use this settings base on world class or maybe even professional although I think these sliders on professional might not work because the AI simply won't be able to play a final ball well enough to get shots away.

just tried placebo sliders and they are really good, i guess the pass speed together with pass error really makes the cpu misses much more passes, strange that with pass error alone is not that effective.

Raising pass speed 99% of the time makes it look more natural when they misshit a pass as they tend to overhit it, the problem with only raising pass error is they do those silly little slow bobbly passes which look ridiculous, obviously with higher pass error plus high pass speed they occasionally hammer the ball back to their own keeper in hilarious ways but it's not too often ;)

THe amount of things you can do with the ball at your feet and with manual passing the amount of freedom you have on the pitch on FIFA 12 is amazing.

Agreed. Tried it out yesterday and it's indeed more playable with manual passing, manual crossing and manual through ball than with those on semi that I had before. Problem with semi was that the ball often went where I didn't want it to go, especially infuriating when trying to attack in the last third of the pitch.

I still think manual cross is a bit iffy because the way you run is the same stick as to aim the cross. This often means you can boot the ball back to half way line or into stand if you try to kick when you are turning or running.

HOwever, if you have time on the ball you can make amazing crosses. In fact I scored a beauty of a goal with a manual cross 2 nights ago. Ill upload it and post it in a minute to show.

also just tried placebo sliders. what a differance they make just had 2 of the best games of fifa ive ever played.. the little things you never saw in fifa are now they Many thanks youve saved my game +++++

Doesn't play slow at all. I play Normal 46-50 Placebo's plays every bit as quick as my set up. It plays true to the English style.

I dont mean to be rude but thats impossible.

Normal 46 =/= slow 45

Must feel much slower in running? His pass speed is high though.

I dont mean to be rude but thats impossible.

Normal 46 =/= slow 45

Must feel much slower in running? His pass speed is high though.

There is very little difference between Normal and Slow. Maybe the speed of the passes makes the game appear to play faster but I don't get the slog in the mud feeling using Placebo's slider settings like I do on some slower speed/acc sets.

Back
Top Bottom