FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

I gave it a go, increasing it to about 60-70 but wasn't to my taste to be honest, it felt like it sped the game up and players were beating the offside trap at both ends all the time. Think I'll leave it at 50!

Here's mine currently, thanks to JDM for the layout ;)

---------------
User/CPU Game Customization
---------------
Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 50/45
Pass Error - 70/75
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 95/95
Injury Severity - 50/60
Goalkeeper Ability - 50/50
Positioning:Marking - 60/60
Positioning:Run Frequency - 80/70
Positioning: Line Height - 45/45
Positioning: Line Length - 50/50
Positioning: Line Width - 50/50
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 80/70
Power Bar - 60

Try your sliders Placebo and had some really nice games

usph_75851766_.jpg

Really happy about possession and pass accuracy :)

Nice :)

Last two day's of playing I've tried adjusting CPU acceleration to tone down a little bit some of their perfect dribble past tackles, tried 48/49 which seems to make a difference without harming them too much :)

I gave it a go, increasing it to about 60-70 but wasn't to my taste to be honest, it felt like it sped the game up and players were beating the offside trap at both ends all the time. Think I'll leave it at 50!
Interesting. I'm not sure why you would think it would speed the game up.

I like how it makes the midfielders pick each other up a bit tighter. I just played Everton and matched their 4-4-1-1 man for man in midfield with my 4-1-4-1, and it was quite a tight battle in midfield where it was important to either wait for someone to create separation with a bit of movement, or to try and draw one of theirs out and pass round him.

Here's mine currently, thanks to JDM for the layout ;)

---------------
---------------
Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 50/50
Shot Error - 50/45
Pass Error - 70/75
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 95/95
Injury Severity - 50/60
Positioning:Marking - 60/60
Positioning:Run Frequency - 80/70
Power Bar - 60

Have been using these settings and they have really enhanced the gameplay. The AI passing is now more realistic and when you play lower division side (eg Accrington) they aren't as able to ping the ball about like they are Barcelona. The other changes have also had a impact on the gameplay in a positive way.

Thanks for these settings.

Interesting. I'm not sure why you would think it would speed the game up.

I like how it makes the midfielders pick each other up a bit tighter. I just played Everton and matched their 4-4-1-1 man for man in midfield with my 4-1-4-1, and it was quite a tight battle in midfield where it was important to either wait for someone to create separation with a bit of movement, or to try and draw one of theirs out and pass round him.

Might have been a one off, so I may try it again. I just found that the AI was playing much faster, one touch football to try and get in behind my team because they were being picked up more. Kind of degenerated into that FIFA11 style game where players were constantly stab tackling each other because they were in such close proximity. But I'll give it another go, maybe it was down to the teams being used or something.

Hi,

I was the maker of the realistic gameplay setting for Pes 2011, now I am
working for the realistic gameplay setting for fifa 12. At the moment
my version is 1.6, I will open the thread this week.

Bye

To JDM on page 1

I'm grateful for your post. Except for minor tweaks to suit my preference for slower play, your set-up is perfect for me. Most of the play is in the form of mid-field battles, possession is approximately even, shots are limited, shots on target are rare but gem-like, etc...I've played FIFA off an on for years right out of the box with semi/assisted settings. But this time, with all manual and your settings, the gameplay is deep and rewarding and incredibly difficult. Example: in my ninth game in CM (3 wins, 3 draws, 3 losses)I offered my first successful manual cross for a one-bounce finesse header. I had to pause the game to catch my breath.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Professional with tuned sliders is definitely the way to go for me right now, I'm still tweaking a little here and there, 48/48 for acceleration currently, 99/99 for injury occurrence and 50/60 for severity, more important I'm currently testing the marking and runs ones, trying to make it a tighter match in terms of marking with more movement so I think I'm at something like 80/80 for marking and 85/85 for runs, with defense lines at 45/45 so that you very rarely get 1v1 with the keeper except for true counter attacks (eg a corner breaks down or late in the game and one team is chasing the match), slider settings are working pretty well :)

Have you guys checked real life leagues pass accuracy/completion stats? I realized they lay between the boundaries of 60-80%.

With user pass error at 55 and CPU pass error at 60, I was achieving really realistic percentages at semi-pro. Since I tried bumping it up to professional today, the stats went sky high for the CPU even for a lower ranked team like Swansea.

Do you guys factor in difficulty level when setting the pass error for CPU? I'm thinking to bump it up to 65 for professional.

Sure thing, this is what I'm using right now:

---------------
---------------
Sprint Speed - 50/50
Acceleration - 48/48
Shot Error - 50/50
Pass Error - 75/75
Shot Speed - 50/50
Pass Speed - 60/60
Injury Frequency - 99/99
Injury Severity - 55/60
Positioning:Marking - 75/75
Positioning:Run Frequency - 85/85
Positioning: Fullback Positioning - 80/80
Power Bar - 60

Injuries at 99 might seem excessive but I still wasn't seeing a sufficiently realistic amount of injuries, but the new settings of 99/99 & 55/60 seems to be working quite well, I'm in January right now and I've had 3 to 4 players injured at once with a mixture of 1 long term, 1 medium term and 2 short term and Madine seems to be getting recurring femur contusions at the moment which keep him out 7 days at a time (he's had two in less than a month!).

I briefly tried injuries at 100, this is what happened!

100injuries.jpg

It was really funny, every time someone tried a shot they pulled up with a muscle strain!

Last edited:
Any can help me out here with slider settings.

The issue im having is that the Cpu gets nearly no shots away.
Usually my matches (legendary difficulty by the way) always end with the opposition having at maximum 1 shot, and that is not even on target.

So Stats turn out sometimes as Benfica(Me) vs Barca
Shots: 14 : 1
On Target: 8 : 0

etc.

Tried a few slider settings but nothing helps, maybe you guys could enlighten me here.

I'm not certain, but I think I may have solved the problem of low acceleration & sprint speed meaning the AI doesn't try and tackle you.

Basically, the way the game is set up means that the AI is not in a very good initial starting position, and relies on the high default player acceleration and top speed to close the space down before tackling. When this is taken away, it just jogs around and doesn't attempt to get near you for some reason. Which is annoying because I like my players in this to move slow. And I mean SLOW :P

So I played around tonight with playing some matches with my optimum speed settings to make the game play at the pace I like, which are also settings no-one on here would touch with a barge pole! I've got player acceleration and top speed set to 43 for user and CPU. Makes players move and feel far more solid to me.

But I think the problem of the AI not tackling might be solved by the player postion marking slider. I tried ramping that right up to 80 and then saw if I could walk the ball around the pitch and into their area, and no deal so far. Players seem tighter to their man as you'd expect, and the AI seems to be in a better position to make a tackle. So far, so good. Love the game at this pace, really dislike it any faster than this. So hopefully the marking stats could make this playable for me. Might try ramping it up further to 90 or so, see if it's even harder to dribble the ball at such a slowed down pace.

Actually ignore that last message, the game was working fine on acceleration/sprint speed at 43, the AI was closing down, tackling in and around it's own penalty area for a couple of games, then somehow the AI seems to have fallen apart again! On World Class I managed to walk the ball from a kick off right through the AI team, round the keeper and walk it into the net. Crazy stuff.

The AI really shouldn't have any issue though. When slow dribbling it's not like the AI isn't able to get a man near the ball. It's just that with the player speed stats reduced beyond a certain point, something kicks in and stops the AI from attempting a tackle. You can mostly walk the ball into the area provided you keep a small distance from the tackler. I think it's a bug. The game otherwise plays perfectly balanced when this slow, but somehow the AI fails to recognise that you're in their penalty area and just pointlessly jogs alongside you until you have a chance to score.

I love the game at that speed, it solves all the problems I have with the game about player inertia, speed of turns and acceleration, but this bug is a gamebreaker. I don't enjoy the game any faster than this, then the AI somehow 'deactivates' when you run into the penalty box slowly and at an angle. Oh well :(

Might do but I'm not on twitter, seems that's the only place to report it where the people who matter actually listen. The EA forums seem next to useless.

Must be a bug though. I'd understand being able to dribble through the team if you were moving faster than the other players, but everything's perfectly balanced apart from the fact that they refuse to tackle when the ball is two feet away! :(

Just tried Placebo's sliders and had a cracking game of Brighton v Cercle Brugge finishing 2-1 to me although I probably should've scored 4-5 :(

A bit worried when a CPU player was taken off with an injury in the 11th minute but didn't see anything after that :)

Guys please help,

did someone play in be a pro mode in fifa 12??

I play on manual, pro dif. my postion is CF and got a big problem with my teammates specialy in defence, AI defence is tragic, CPU running and make spins and always in game got possesion like 60~70%!!!

and my defenders can't take the ball away, and its like crazy in penalty box, CPU can do whatever he want, because my defenders only running give a lot of space to shot and scores, and I'm like WTF? cant do nothing because I am attacker

I'v tried Placebo sliders but it dont help too much, how force my defenders to play more agressive and closer to CPU attacker, because I can't looking on my defence acting like that, CPU makes them look stupid like play with the kids and then is one on one with GK and almost always scoring

I'ts only my opinion or is Be a pro mode AI it's S*** in 12? i think is worst like in 11, it's crazy

Nice :)

Last two day's of playing I've tried adjusting CPU acceleration to tone down a little bit some of their perfect dribble past tackles, tried 48/49 which seems to make a difference without harming them too much :)

thanks. i didn't want to stop the cpu too much but some dribbles with teams like Stoke would irk me.

After LOTS of tweaking I believe to have found my sweet spot in the sliders.

I play semi for shooting, passing and crossing; through balls on assisted. Speed on slow, 6 minute halves on Legendary with handballs ON.
My camera settings are Tele Broadcast with height on 18 and zoom on 0 (gives me the old PES feeling from the PS2 days).

User/CPU
--------

Speed 48/48
Acceleration 48/47
Shot error 50/45
Pass error 50/62
Shot speed 50/50
Pass Speed 60/60
Injury Freq. 99/99 (like Placebo suggested)
Injury Sev. 60/70
Goalkeeper 47/47
Marking 50/45
Run Freq. 75/75
Line height 50/51
Line length 50/51
Line Width 50/51
Fullback Pos 50/51
Power bar 50

Last edited:
Hello there Evo community. My first post here I believe ;)

Now I haven't found an answer to v. interesting question. I hope you can help me out.

What is the correlation between sliders and Custom tactics? I want to know if when I change sliders my whole formation goes tits up? If so, am I the only one who thinks sliders are rubbish? Even EA can't answer my question :/.

I made custom tactic, also made tactic from scratch (all def/att to medium) and I don't want to ruin that when I mess around with sliders, but I know I can't leave them at 50 for AI (may leave them like that for user though ;)).

Any answer on that matter would be helpful as I am at loss here O_o

Surely it's just... proportional. Does it require greater explanation than that? The best way is to experiment and find out. Considering that you can edit Sliders infinitely during a match in progress, it is easy for you to test the various extremes and witness first hand what effect it has on your tactic.

Surely it's just... proportional. Does it require greater explanation than that? The best way is to experiment and find out. Considering that you can edit Sliders infinitely during a match in progress, it is easy for you to test the various extremes and witness first hand what effect it has on your tactic.

I think ive finally found some sliders i am happy with. Playing on ledgenday mode I have reduced pace down to 48/48 to slow it down hen acceleration 48/45. This stops the AI from doing daft quick turns and it may also increase them to slide a bit more so potentially foul although not tested enough to confim. Deffo saw more slides though as you pull away slightly faster.

Runs set to 85/85 and back line deep around 80-85 each

---------------
Can someone try these please. Slow full Manual Ledgondary Level Man U (User) V Aresnal.. I lost 3-2 but though it was the best single player game of FIFA I've ever had. I'm sure it can be tweaked further - maybe knock the Goalkeeper agility down a touch

Sprint Speed - 48/47
Acceleration - 48/45
Shot Error - 52/60
Pass Error - 55/65
Shot Speed - 49/48
Pass Speed - 55/55
Injury Frequency - 95/95
Injury Severity - 55/60
Goalkeeper Ability - 53/53
Positioning:Marking - 84/85
Positioning:Run Frequency - 85/85
Positioning: Line Height - 40/40
Power Bar - 60

Is it possible to adjust the sliders to make off the ball movement similar to PES2012? This is the one thing that put me off the game in the demo, it all felt very static.

Is it possible to adjust the sliders to make off the ball movement similar to PES2012? This is the one thing that put me off the game in the demo, it all felt very static.

I've got the run frequency set to a high number but players still don't get into space as much as I'd like or expect. Too many times I'm trying to attack and just find my players standing, being marked, waiting for the ball.

I've got the run frequency set to a high number but players still don't get into space as much as I'd like or expect. Too many times I'm trying to attack and just find my players standing, being marked, waiting for the ball.

That doesnt sound good. How about things like marking players and making themselves available for passes?

Back
Top Bottom