FIFA 12 slider settings & discussion

Is there any way to get more variability (individuality) regarding trapping the ball. It seems every player has a deft first touch. Very unrealistic.

Is there any way to get more variability ?

You could try playing with lesser quality teams. I'm playing with a two star team in CM and I see absolutely dreadful first touches frequently.

Yeah I play with Adelaide United and a lot of those guys have awful first touches.

Have you seen any top level professionals who can't control a ball lol?

Hi guys, like many of you I buy Fifa mainly for the Manager Mode and after last years utter disappointment I'm delighted with the progress they've made this year!
I've started a MM with the Villa and I'm currently 6th after eleven games. Now, what concerns me a little is that I've conceded 22 goals (only 2 teams have conceded more) but I've scored 33 (6 more than any other team in the league!)
Along the way I've had some crazy results, 6-2 away to Fulham on the opening day and 4-4 away to Man City. I've only had one clean sheet and only failed to score in one game.
I'm hoping for some cagey 0-0 or 1-0 games, not just every match turning into a competition to outscore the opposition.
I've only tweaked the sliders slightly (pass speed 55, run frequency 60) and I play on World class, 7 minute games.
Could it be as simple as turning down the game speed? I had it set on normal, but will try on slow against Spurs in my next match.
I guess it's early days and we're all trying to figure out some of the new additions to this years Fifa, but I'd be grateful for any feedback!

Hi guys, like many of you I buy Fifa mainly for the Manager Mode and after last years utter disappointment I'm delighted with the progress they've made this year!
I've started a MM with the Villa and I'm currently 6th after eleven games. Now, what concerns me a little is that I've conceded 22 goals (only 2 teams have conceded more) but I've scored 33 (6 more than any other team in the league!)
Along the way I've had some crazy results, 6-2 away to Fulham on the opening day and 4-4 away to Man City. I've only had one clean sheet and only failed to score in one game.
I'm hoping for some cagey 0-0 or 1-0 games, not just every match turning into a competition to outscore the opposition.
I've only tweaked the sliders slightly (pass speed 55, run frequency 60) and I play on World class, 7 minute games.
Could it be as simple as turning down the game speed? I had it set on normal, but will try on slow against Spurs in my next match.
I guess it's early days and we're all trying to figure out some of the new additions to this years Fifa, but I'd be grateful for any feedback!

I haven't changed the settings of the CPU but mine. I just increased frequency of runs, injuries, and chances. The speed is set to normal. After first season managed to get about 8-10 clean sheets and no big scores. Biggest score sheet was 5 goals in one game (3-2, 4-1). There were plenty of 2-1, and a few 0-0, 1-1 draws. I was playing with a low rated team in comparison with the others.

Here are mine - feels much more weighter and better pace. Based on world class , full manual and slow speed

user:
accel : 46
sprint 46
shot err 55
pass error 50
shot speed 48
pass speed 48
goal keeper 53
run freq 70
full back 55

cpu
accel : 45
sprint 45
shot err 55
pass error 57
shot speed 48
pass speed 48
goal keeper 53
position marking 70
run freq 70
full back 55

so the issues i had was on world class mode i felt long shots were ging in too much.reducing the speed and slightly improving the goalies looks to have fixed this for me..try it see what you think. probably better if you use the same speeds and control methods. Ive also slightly increased injuries to 55 for manager mode and its showing

Agree with this, actually. I quite liked the harder shots at first, but when even Heskey is smashing shots with his left, I think even 51 is too much. 50 might be better.

I agree. In the arena the difference between 50 and 51 shot power is definitely not just 1% I don't know how they are calculating the scales but 51 suddenly allows you to hit much harder shots from distance, they also seem a lot more accurate too for some reason.

Try just flicking between 50 and 51 in the arena and see how much difference it makes. It's a shame because somewhere in between the two would be just right for me...

I agree. In the arena the difference between 50 and 51 shot power is definitely not just 1% I don't know how they are calculating the scales but 51 suddenly allows you to hit much harder shots from distance, they also seem a lot more accurate too for some reason.

Try just flicking between 50 and 51 in the arena and see how much difference it makes. It's a shame because somewhere in between the two would be just right for me...

Agreed! I tried 55 after someone suggested it but they were like bullets that made the keeper run for his life.

Tried 54, 53, 52 and 51. and all of them had too much of a noticeable impact (for the worse) so I left it on 50.

Ive got shooting set to 48/49 seems to be quite realistic.

In fact i got my game slowed down and it really exposes the differences between players. Games are much more realistic. Playing as Blackburn i had to utilise Pedersen and Hoillet more because they are a bit zippier and Dunn gots good passing and skills, but the Blackburn back four and Nzonzi are pretty slow overall. So you have to play with nouse.

Yeah the slower the better in my opinion. I've increased passing error way up to 80 now and the game is even better. The top passers in the game cope just fine, defenders etc struggle with passing. The AI also struggles with passing too, as Man Utd vs Villa, the AI ended up having more possession than me over the 90 minutes (something that never, ever happened on FIFA11) and their passing accuracy was down from the usually crazy 90% or so down to 74%, much more realistic. I've not needed to alter the ball speed at all because increasing the pass error seems to make passes go slower, you need to add more power to the meter when passing, but then the risk is a wildly inaccurate pass. I'll only try crossfield passes now with the likes of Modric for example, or whoever's the best passer in your team.

I also tried a League 2 match, Swindon vs Accrington, and the difference was amazing. Neither team could pass at all, in fact it paid dividends to knock the ball long. The AI did this much more too, so seemingly no more complaints about lesser teams playing like Barcelona from me!

I'm gonna try and upload a video tonight showing a goal I scored with my current slider settings basically to show the pace of the game, speed of players, and pass error with my settings. Would be interesting to see what people think.

Ive got shooting set to 48/49 seems to be quite realistic.

In fact i got my game slowed down and it really exposes the differences between players. Games are much more realistic. Playing as Blackburn i had to utilise Pedersen and Hoillet more because they are a bit zippier and Dunn gots good passing and skills, but the Blackburn back four and Nzonzi are pretty slow overall. So you have to play with nouse.

what are your sliders please dryzer?

I've always used the Tele cam with zoom set to 0, but for now I've settled with the new Broadcast/Tele view (I guess that's what it must be called, I'm playing with german text), also with zoom set to 0 and height set to ~15-18. I grew fond of this view as the pitches somehow feel larger and shooting makes a tad more fun since it kinda offers the swivel the old PES games used to have which I really, really loved.

same here: Tele (Broadcast) with Zoom=0 and height ~16.

However I've used to play with pan=9 in PES, that's why I'm playing with the Broadcast cam from time to time. Aiming is more difficult, though

I've always used the Tele cam with zoom set to 0, but for now I've settled with the new Broadcast/Tele view (I guess that's what it must be called, I'm playing with german text), also with zoom set to 0 and height set to ~15-18. I grew fond of this view as the pitches somehow feel larger and shooting makes a tad more fun since it kinda offers the swivel the old PES games used to have which I really, really loved.

same here: Tele (Broadcast) with Zoom=0 and height ~16.

However I've used to play with pan=9 in PES, that's why I'm playing with the Broadcast cam from time to time. Aiming is more difficult, though

that new tele broadcast camera is indeed interesting, but the gameplay feels faster with it.

like tom, i always used tele camera but it annoys me that in fifa 12 each stadium has different setting for tele camera.

aynone used co-op camera? it looks like it is not affected to much by different stadiums.

lol @ Madball,

I thought one of my settings had been messed up when I went to Old Trafford! Went through them all, reloaded the camera by switching it to something else and back....and then vaguely remembered something about different camera's per stadium.

Sound good LTFC, I've got passing error on 60 atm, which is giving me quite a lot of errors actually (assisted passing). Probably one of the reasons I'm so crap atm. Passing is still in the 80's so maybe another bump would make it perfect.

I'm gonna try and upload a video tonight showing a goal I scored with my current slider settings basically to show the pace of the game, speed of players, and pass error with my settings. Would be interesting to see what people think.

I'd be interested to see the video if you do upload one mate :)).

Righteo, here's a brief clip of my gameplay as seen with the sliders adjusted. All the same as I've mentioned above except I experimented with pass error set to a whopping 80.

I think the video shows players moving at more realistic speeds, passes look bobbly and awkward but note how both myself and the AI frequently give the ball away in this clip. Both teams did manage to keep possession a lot better than this in the game, it's just funny that a particularly scrappy bit of play let to a through pass and goal, where Hernandez plays a manual through ball and Rooney rounds the keeper to score. I played on World Class, and both teams' passing accuracy at the end were in the 70% region, well below the average percentage you usually get on the default game.

Some will think the game looks slow and error ridden but when you play it feels perfect, at least to me anyways!

YouTube - 051011 0285

No foul unfortunately :( But I have been getting a few, even won two penalties last night and missed them both :(

which camera do you guys use?

Dynamic Zoom 0 Height 20. Looks great graphically but I can see I will need to learn to use either tele or tele broadcast in order to use more of the pitch. Lots of short passes an occasional long ball but on that camera it's a crap shoot.

Lovely finish, LTFC! I think Pass Error 80 looks a little high for my tastes, but it's good that you're enjoying it. I have mine set to 57/62 at the moment, speed settings both at 48/48.

Why reduce the user and CPU speed? Does it slow down the overall speed? If the latter, then it might interest me. For now I have it on the default 50/50 for both speed and acceleration.

Haha thanks Nerf! I've since lowered passing down to 75, it's the only way I can get the CPU to misplace passes as well unfortunately. That video though was particularly scrappy leading up to the goal though!

Rooney10, yeah it does. Try pausing the game and changing the sliders in the options mid match. With my speed and acceleration both set to 44 for both the user and CPU, it means players take far longer to accelerate and so generally their body movement speed is far slower than on default. I had to reduce full on sprint speed too in order to balance things out, so it wasn't possible to outpace people too easily at full speed who can't accelerate as fast after the sliders. It's important to change sliders but make sure the game remains balanced.

There's this analog sprint or something. Do you guys switch on that too?

Btw why do I feel that sliders make a diff online too? Is it placebo? Somehow, I hosted a match and the match was played with the default ball on my offline.. Doesn't that mean other settings like sliders might also be used online? Is that wishful thinking?

Back
Top Bottom