FIFA 16 News & Discussion Thread

I have addapted the fifa20 script from @manmachine to make a script that auto attach to fifa16 exe then activate the speed hack.
The speed is set at 0.92 but it can be easilly changed with a text editor (line 24).

Here it is, just double click on it then launch your game

Do you have to launch it from the FIFA16.CT file each time or just the one time?

Glad you enjoy it guys! Speedhack is the hardcore way to reduce pace but you have all the control to set the flow of the game and there are no major issues on the way the program runs or in the animations (maybe the runnig animations can slighty be affected depending on your accelaration slider setting, as if sometimes the player legs are too quick for the pace he goes, but maybe its just my imagination) . The only thing is a 20 minutes game will take a bit longer to finish ;) Maybe the replays will be slightly more slow mo than usual but Its working fine yes. I used it because i played with a gameplay mod that requires the latest updates and if the cpu build up felt organic, the game flow was too speedy. I play at 0.92 with version 1.07.
Thanks for the speed hack suggestion man, I think I've had the best experience with 16 gameplay wise after making this adjustment. The speed hack combined with a 52 shot/pass speed (and 45 powerbar) has helped the ball feel more weighty. Its also introduced a smoothness to the animations and just the overall feel of the gameplay which had always been lacking for me. I'm not sure how I came upon this particular value but I'm running a speed hack value of 0.9388999939. I'm not sure if it registers this as simply .94 but I'm enjoying the speed so I'll just leave it haha.

Last edited:
Glad you enjoy it guys! Speedhack is the hardcore way to reduce pace but you have all the control to set the flow of the game and there are no major issues on the way the program runs or in the animations (maybe the runnig animations can slighty be affected depending on your accelaration slider setting, as if sometimes the player legs are too quick for the pace he goes, but maybe its just my imagination) . The only thing is a 20 minutes game will take a bit longer to finish ;) Maybe the replays will be slightly more slow mo than usual but Its working fine yes. I used it because i played with a gameplay mod that requires the latest updates and if the cpu build up felt organic, the game flow was too speedy. I play at 0.92 with version 1.07.

Hi mate
what gameplay mod did you play for version 1.07?

2021-02-06-11-40.png

Is there a tweak to slow down the speed of through balls? I use assisted (I'm not any good at video games, and the idea of manually doing this is beyond my abilities!) for all passing, and the through passes are...unpredictable. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they are way ahead of the player and go out of bounds. The worst is when attacking, I simply cannot slip a pass between defenders without it cannoning off my player's foot and going too far in front of the intended receiver, and the GK eats them all up. I don't mind a few being wayward, but it's not very fun to never be able to hit a weighted pass in the path of an attacker with open space ahead of him. For some instances, I just use the driven pass and hope the first touch is okay.

i can have a look but when i choose teams last night i found River Plate with a real shirt, afair.
Italian league is without real kits, right?!

River Plate and Boca Jrs. are fully licensed in FIFA 16, including their stadiums. Most of argentinean league is licensed (16 over 20 teams).

The problem started in FIFA 20: EA lost these licenses because they reached and agreement with Konami to be PES exclusive.
In the vanilla version of the game, they're called "Nuñez FC" (River) and "Buenos Aires FC" (Boca).
BUT, in the middle of the season, EA Sports bought the rights to include the "Libertadores Cup", with all the real teams that play it.
In march 2020 they released a DLC with this addon. From there, River, Boca, Racing and Independiente got their licenses back again, but just to play the Libertadores Cup.

Is there a tweak to slow down the speed of through balls? I use assisted (I'm not any good at video games, and the idea of manually doing this is beyond my abilities!) for all passing, and the through passes are...unpredictable. Sometimes they are spot on, sometimes they are way ahead of the player and go out of bounds. The worst is when attacking, I simply cannot slip a pass between defenders without it cannoning off my player's foot and going too far in front of the intended receiver, and the GK eats them all up. I don't mind a few being wayward, but it's not very fun to never be able to hit a weighted pass in the path of an attacker with open space ahead of him. For some instances, I just use the driven pass and hope the first touch is okay.
I use the left trigger when playing through balls in the right context and there’s a really nice animation of playing the ball through the lines like you’re describing. Unfortunately the only way to control the specific speed of particular passes etc is to be able to access all of the gameplay files.

Today I reinstalled Fifa 16 back on my Xbox, after 2 years, 2019 was the last time I played it before deleting it because I remember I got bored of it, seeing this thread being active surprised me because I thought it was the most hated Fifa of all time among 19 and 20 (21 is on track).

So I played 2 games today on 20 and 15 minutes, on Professional , I lost the first one 1-3 and the second one 1-2 (with a late winner for the AI in the second).
I mean I hadn't played the game in 2 years so kind of natural i guess?
I was playing on slow speed in the first and fast in the second, and honestly the speed of the game isn't a issue for me.
If someone had asked me before today how much is Fifa 16 out of 10, I'd probably say a 4 or 5, but today I'll say it's a 7.5 out of 10
It's so much better than what I had in mind, and the rainy and foggy weather in the game is much better looking (for me at least) than current Fifa games.
Also the atmosphere is better than current Pes games (others might disagree here with me)

Passing and dribbling in the game is pretty good and not THAT ping pong like FIFAs today and the best for last:
The AI
The AI in this game is literally 50 times better than any other Fifa after 17, 17 had meh AI for me
They are pretty smart compared to current Fifa and Pes AI
Also Midfielders track back unlike fifa 21

For Fifa fans who were used to the fast paced easy stuff, the gameplay and the lack of content probably made it one of the worst for them, but I definitely think it's a game I will keep playing for quite a while now, this game is also quite fast paced but Fifa 15 still beats it with it's balanced gameplay and speed for me

And I know the graphics and some weather mods I have seen for Fifa 16 make it look sensational, but honestly the base version isn't the bad either without any mods, yeah the grass could look better but it's still pretty decent.
Also the best graphically looking game in the Ignite era

Hey guys, I've finally figured out how to share this lighting mod properly! There's a couple of video examples below (also showing off the second Broadcast Camera Package as well).

Instructions for how to install are in the read me file, make sure you follow every step. There's a preset for day and a preset for night (both only tested in clear conditions). I'll probably put together a few more presets down the track also.

I've tried to create a realistic look that isn't overly stylised. It looks right on my monitor, but I'm not 100% how it'll translate to other screens (the black levels are a little darker in the youtube video compared to my screen for example). You can make your own adjustments as required. Credit to @papinho81 for the LUT included also.

Enjoy!

Lighting Mod 2.0 - https://mega.nz/file/ZQVSGLob#U9lsbEvcmDFY6ekcghI9S-qc66rErI7O9FAfjyFolOs

Broadcast Camera Package 2 - https://mega.nz/file/4RFklR5I#ICRbxueJRzPAFsUG6A57hRpehfdcFv6TbAij4wDYNAE

FIFA 16 Screenshot 2021.02.08 - 19.05.50.66.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2021.02.05 - 21.37.40.05.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2021.02.06 - 08.15.44.24.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2021.02.09 - 21.56.39.47.jpgFIFA 16 Screenshot 2021.01.26 - 16.45.45.45.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I've finally figured out how to share this lighting mod properly! There's a couple of video examples below (also showing off the second Broadcast Camera Package as well).

Instructions for how to install are in the read me file, make sure you follow every step. There's a preset for day and a preset for night (both only tested in clear conditions). I'll probably put together a few more presets down the track also.

I've tried to create a realistic look that isn't overly stylised. It looks right on my monitor, but I'm not 100% how it'll translate to other screens (the black levels are a little darker in the youtube video compared to my screen for example). You can make your own adjustments as required. Credit to @papinho81 for the LUT included also.

Enjoy!

Lighting Mod 2.0 - https://mega.nz/file/ZQVSGLob#U9lsbEvcmDFY6ekcghI9S-qc66rErI7O9FAfjyFolOs

Broadcast Camera Package 2 - https://mega.nz/file/4RFklR5I#ICRbxueJRzPAFsUG6A57hRpehfdcFv6TbAij4wDYNAE

View attachment 83823View attachment 83824View attachment 83838View attachment 83825View attachment 83826
personally, i cant take advantage of all that PC stuff, but i can appreciate and value what you did here for the community! :WORSHIP:

Hey everyone - If you are using the Classic Patch and playing the preset World Cups for 1998 and 2002, the save unfortunately crashes before the Final. I found others were having issues on the Soccergaming forums and wanted to post the solution that worked for me to spare others the headache. You will need to use Creation Master 16 to change the date of the final:

Tournaments.jpg

1. Select the Tournaments icon
  2. In the left nav, expand and navigate to FIFA -> UEFA -> 1998 (and 2002)
  3. Select 1998 World Cup -> Final -> G1
  4. On the right side of CM, a schedule pane will show. Expand "Leg 1" and click on the day (which will be Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:00PM for 1998)
    1. A calendar widget will show just above that when you click on the date; now select the previous day (Sat, July 11 in this case) and set the time of day
    2. Do the same thing for the Third-Place Match. I kept the day the same (Sat, July 11) but updated the time from 9pm to 3pm.
  5. Save
I highly recommend doing a quick sim before you start any tournament and make sure it goes to the end before you begin playing!

Hey everyone - If you are using the Classic Patch and playing the preset World Cups for 1998 and 2002, the save unfortunately crashes before the Final. I found others were having issues on the Soccergaming forums and wanted to post the solution that worked for me to spare others the headache. You will need to use Creation Master 16 to change the date of the final:

View attachment 83953

1. Select the Tournaments icon
  2. In the left nav, expand and navigate to FIFA -> UEFA -> 1998 (and 2002)
  3. Select 1998 World Cup -> Final -> G1
  4. On the right side of CM, a schedule pane will show. Expand "Leg 1" and click on the day (which will be Sunday, July 12, 2015 9:00PM for 1998)
    1. A calendar widget will show just above that when you click on the date; now select the previous day (Sat, July 11 in this case) and set the time of day
    2. Do the same thing for the Third-Place Match. I kept the day the same (Sat, July 11) but updated the time from 9pm to 3pm.
  5. Save
I highly recommend doing a quick sim before you start any tournament and make sure it goes to the end before you begin playing!
That is what I’m calling “helpful instructions”! :TU:

Hey man I've been taking a break from fifa but will give your lighting mod a try since I really liked your first one. I'm still waiting out fip 20/21 but seems it might not come. I'll also try the cheat engine speed hack if I can get it to work.
I don't know if I asked you already,what difficulty do you play on? Im on a moby dick chase to make pro play challenging but always fail.

Hey man I've been taking a break from fifa but will give your lighting mod a try since I really liked your first one. I'm still waiting out fip 20/21 but seems it might not come. I'll also try the cheat engine speed hack if I can get it to work.
I don't know if I asked you already,what difficulty do you play on? Im on a moby dick chase to make pro play challenging but always fail.
I play on Pro/World Class - I haven't quite settled on one either haha

Back
Top Bottom