FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

I had a glitch in CM when negotiating my manager who is African suddenly turned into the agent i was negotiating with,i had to save and restart for it to go back to normal.

Just booted up CM again and my African manager named Remi Moses with grey dreadlocks is now a white bald guy.

Started a new CM and made a Paul Scholes lookalike small red hair, now I got the bald twat again and every agent is the same bald twat, like negociating with an identical twin . ffs!

Last edited:
I had a glitch in CM when negotiating my manager who is African suddenly turned into the agent i was negotiating with,i had to save and restart for it to go back to normal.

Mine has been fooked since I started playing..
The manager and agent look the same, always some bald chap.

TBH the cutscenes are shite, and don't pay much attention to them anyway.

Just booted up CM again and my African manager named Remi Moses with grey dreadlocks is now a white bald guy.

Started a new CM and made a Paul Scholes lookalike small red hair, now I got the bald twat again and every agent is the same bald twat, like negociating with an identical twin . ffs!
Ha ha ha,I'm sorry mate,I know I shouldn't laugh,but fucking hell:)
Maybe create a bald guy,see if he turns out ginger after a while?
Sounds crazy this bug

I was getting the manager identity change bug too but was drunk so wasn’t bothered.

must admit I am quite enjoying it now

To continue using wine phrases,I'd say FIFA 21,in wine terms,is corked!

There are likely lots of wine-based allegories in the world of football gaming.

FIFA 21:

echo-falls-summer-berries-187ml_tmep.jpg

WE6FE:

Red-wine.jpg

LOL that holding the red card detail was the best though!At least they make us laugh a bit with the state of this fuckin game..
I don't know how it's even possible to break the game to this point...fuckin ridiculous.

And as an impatient idiot i once again went and bought the game a week ago because i wanted to see and feel it by myself..Seeing videos and reading comments is just not enough..At least i got it only for 38,50 as i play on pc,and not 60 or 70..And the game is fuckin freezing in every other match for 5-10 seconds..It's not even about the specs..I searched online and many people having the same problems..Even people with ssd,i7,rtx 2070 and 32gb ram..It's just a shitty piece of shit port..With 20 i had the same problems..I thought that maybe with 21 it will be fixed but it's the same shit..just with uglier gray turfs lol.

After playing it for the last couple of days..let's just say that i'm glad that Pes still exists and i can go back to it and we're not stuck with only one ''football'' game by EA...This shit is just NHL disguised as a football game with a football that behaves like a puck and players sliding on ice all over the pitch.

Last edited:
I've just opened up @paulv2k4 new mod which now features a full gameplay editor. There's definitely new values to work with compared to last year, lots of which I think are related to the dreaded issues we've all discussed. There's lots of completely new lines relating attacking and defensive positioning (most importantly DEFENSIVE AWARENESS) which weren't in the editor for FIFA 20. Some of these include -

defenderreactiontimefor(difficultylevel)
markingintelligence
intelligentdefenderthreshold
intelligentdoubleteamanglethreshold
coveringeffectiveness

+ loads more relating to midfield covering, midfield marking etc.

@manmachine - I know you were looking at pressing last year. There's a couple of values you might be interested in in relation to team pressing now- teampresschargingduration & teampressdischargingduration.

Now it's just deciding if it's worth the time learning what all of these do. I went down the rabbit hole with FIFA 20, not sure if it was worth it, or if I've recovered:SHOCK:

Last edited:
And as an impatient idiot i once again went and bought the game a week ago because i wanted to see and feel it by myself..Seeing videos and reading comments is just not enough..At least i got it only for 38,50 as i play on pc,and not 60 or 70..And the game is fuckin freezing in every other match for 5-10 seconds..It's not even about the specs..I searched online and many people having the same problems..Even people with ssd,i7,rtx 2070 and 32gb ram..It's just a shitty piece of shit port..With 20 i had the same problems..I thought that maybe with 21 it will be fixed but it's the same shit..just with uglier gray turfs lol.
Did you already switch to DirectX 11?

You can force DirectX 11 with "DIRECTX_SELECT = 1" in your fifasetup.ini. DirectX 12 in the old Frostbite Engine is simply broken, but the game runs perfectly with DirectX 11.

I've just opened up @paulv2k4 new mod which now features a full gameplay editor. There's definitely new values to work with compared to last year, lots of which I think are related to the dreaded issues we've all discussed. There's lots of completely new lines relating attacking and defensive positioning (most importantly DEFENSIVE AWARENESS) which weren't in the editor for FIFA 20. Some of these include -

defenderreactiontimefor(difficultylevel)
markingintelligence
intelligentdefenderthreshold
intelligentdoubleteamanglethreshold
coveringeffectiveness

+ loads more relating to midfield covering, midfield marking etc.

@manmachine - I know you were looking at pressing last year. There's a couple of values you might be interested in in relation to team pressing now- teampresschargingduration & teampressdischargingduration.

Now it's just deciding if it's worth the time learning what all of these do. I went down the rabbit hole with FIFA 20, not sure if it was worth it, or if I've recovered:SHOCK:

Yeap, I was looking at pressing values and especially anything that had to do with the tactical options. Team press is a new dpad option that you can select and turns itself off after a while, I guess teampresschargingduration is just that. I didn't buy 21 and in fact I just cancelled EA play and uninstalled the game a week or two ago. Since wine metaphors are all the rage, I think this game should be left to mature for at least another 10 months or so until it hits EA play again or price drops below zero.

I'll raise an eyebrow if someone points out that all tactical options are completely modabble and 1v1s can be shot dead in a ditch. And even then, that would only be a good start, lol. Frankly, I think every single thing needs changing... Gks are crap, physical play is crap, there are hardly any long shots... I'll stop here. 😆

Last edited:
Yeap, I was looking at pressing values and especially anything that had to do with the tactical options. Team press is a new dpad option that you can select and turns itself off after a while, I guess teampresschargingduration is just that. I didn't buy 21 and in fact I just cancelled EA play and uninstalled the game a week or two ago. Since wine metaphors are all the rage, I think this game should be left to mature for at least another 10 months or so until it hits EA play again or price drops below zero.

I'll raise an eyebrow if someone points out that all tactical options are completely modabble and 1v1s can be shot dead in a ditch. And even then, that would only be a good start, lol. Frankly, I think every single thing needs changing... Gks are crap, physical play is crap, there are hardly any long shots... I'll stop here. 😆
Yeah that’s just it, too much needs changing. I started having a look a couple of times and within a few minutes ended up closing it and going back to 16.

Last edited:
I know FIFA 21 is pretty poor for most here, however we've been hard at work in trying to get it in a decent spot. If you are interested, here is Version 2, Beta 2 of the OS Sliders. Enjoy!

j2vBk7.png

FIFA 21 Operation Sports Sliders |||Version 2, Beta 2||

Explanation of each value listed below

♦♦♦ Goal: The focus of this set is to compress the field more, and keep the distance between the midfield and defensive line in a more realistic fashion. Since the midfielders do not track back, we wanted to get the lines super compressed and pushed further to action via the HLW + marking values. As a result, this is by far one of the most enjoyable sets we've been able to produce for FIFA 21. Enjoy!.♦♦♦

If the value is the same for all difficulties, it will be listed once. Please refer to posted image of slider set as well.

Sprint
- 20/20
► Lower Sprint in FIFA always brings momentum and some form of foot planting. Since we're playing on Normal speed, it means even more of an emphasis needs to be made in getting that feel right. We dropped this back down from 25 to get a more solid feel. There is less room to operate due to the set changes overall, so it will make speed in open play count.

Acceleration - 50/50
► Lowered acceleration back down from 51 because we are playing normal, and the speed of play is already rapid compared to Slow, but also that the close-down rate is achieved elsewhere.

Shot Error - 72/72 | 68/68 | 68/72
► A good balance of poor shots and quality strikes. The threshold here is for when bad shots result in a variety, including high over the bar shots that don't happen very often on default or under 65. Have to ensure that the lowest league player can also still strike a ball with decent quality.

Pass Error - 55/55 | 60/65 | 55/60
► The key with pass error is that we have to find the value that makes it where the CPU isn't going to constantly try the same types of passes to break the defensive line. The most common method on default is to try to thread a through ball in, and let the forward be 1v1 with the keeper. With this value just slightly raised, we get that variety we are looking for, and paired with the lower pass speed, it gives defenders more of a chance to intercept/deflect. We lowered the pass error for World Class/Pro to keep the CPU a bit more of a threat compared to above 60 values.

Shot Speed - 49/49
► A favorite choice here to lower shot speed, but with the acceleration value at 48, the keeper will also be just slightly delayed, giving that late reaction for some brilliant saves or clutching at thin air look. Makes for some fantastic interactions with the ball.

Pass Speed - 42/42
► Raised pass speed just slightly to not only accommodate the increased pass error, but also to help pace of play. In addition, the feel for manual players is a bit better compared to 40.

Injury Frequency - 90/90
► The overall adjustments to the set should spark some more variety, but we will keep an eye on this with more sample size.

Injury Severity - 40/40
► The overall adjustments to the set should spark some more variety, but we will keep an eye on this with more sample size.

GK Ability - 42/42
► This is a significant change, but anything above 45 and the keeper seems to cover so much ground. In addition, the higher the GK value, the more "soft" deflections that set up more chances. With the lower value, there's a bit more delay in reactions, which results in the coveted slight deflections that go out for corners.

Marking - 70/70
► With the massive amount of testing, we started to build the HLW as a priority, and from there it was a matter of finding the best marking to make up for space.

Run Frequency - 0/0
► We are not even going to mess with a chance of it disrupting the midfield. The secondary runs are lessened here because we do not want many of them. On other values, it is too easy to breach the defensive line with passing to a striker, holding it up, and waiting for a central midfielder to run past.

● The Height, Length, Width (often referred as "HLW") are quite important to consider for each slider set. [/color]

Height - 50/50
► We've been a bit everywhere with height, but in the end, it's about finding the "true height" to compliment the expected custom team-tactics (CTT). As a result, 50 is the play here. In addition, relative to the set at hand, we wanted the CPU's passing variety to remain, whereas when we veered away from 50, the CPU went one-note (such as chipped passes to attackers, etc).

Length - 5/5
► By far this is the most important value of the entire set. As I mentioned above, a big thanks to OS testers, and in particular QB for his relentless efforts in ensuring we don't settle. We found slightly higher values than 5 (max of 20) started to look really good shape-wise. The importance of playing at 5 length though really compresses the field of play, naturally, but it is not to the point there is no decompression. It's surprising really because we have notoriously used higher values over the years. However, the midfielders not tracking back is such a big time issue - that we're basically forcing them to get in a somewhat correct position - even if it's not perfect or fundamentally sound. *Note, as the user you still need to manually control your midfielders and practice good technique. This is not a 100% automated process. The FUT/PRO crowd made sure their misguided "AI defending" theories were the norm.*

Width - 48/48
► The width was moved all over the place to be honest. We've tried to get into positions in which the players can be isolated to FIFA's 1v1 logic, but that ended up hurting the midfield to become non-existent and easily bypassed. As a result, the width had to be lowered so there was more play in the wider parts of the pitch, versus just central passes (or chips) as a means of attack. In a two-man central midfield, they will look "stacked" initially, but will eventually spread out as the ball moves into deeper positions on the pitch. This will be the same with the fullbacks - and let me say do not get carried away with the FB positioning as that will always be narrow (whether 0 or 100 values of width) because they are set up to be very narrow from the start and in transition.

FB Pos - 1/1
► We want to reduce any other types of runs off the ball. Of course, in typical FIFA fashion, lower FB doesn't remove overlapping fullbacks or even negate them from getting upfield.

FT Control - 90/90
► Gives just a bit more time and randomness to the matches. Exceptional players will be just that at both controlling the ball in the air and ground, but also how they dribble 1v1 - making it much less frustrating having to deal with high agile dribblers.

Okay fam so, I just kinda wanna play online and I don't mind FUT in general, since matchmaking in PES is taking so long its my only option. The problem is, I'm worried my laptop might have issues with it (it's good but not super good). But I see no demo for FIFA 21 or 20 for that matter.

What's my best option then? Seems it would be getting EA Play for 4 euro to do 10 hours trial and see what's what. You can even get it on steam, nice.

Any better options? Anything I'm missing? Regards, sheep 🐑

Okay fam so, I just kinda wanna play online and I don't mind FUT in general, since matchmaking in PES is taking so long its my only option. The problem is, I'm worried my laptop might have issues with it (it's good but not super good). But I see no demo for FIFA 21 or 20 for that matter.

What's my best option then? Seems it would be getting EA Play for 4 euro to do 10 hours trial and see what's what. You can even get it on steam, nice.

Any better options? Anything I'm missing? Regards, sheep 🐑
You should find the system requirements in steam and origin shop site.

I don't always trust the requirements.

Anyway got the EA Play and doing 10h trial. Runs smoothly although at lower settings. Weird how it looks like it was made in 2012 and actually requires more hardware than PES.

But at least there's working online sooo there's that 🐑

I watched a defending tutorial yesterday about running jockey and covering spaces. Tried it out online and it actually worked like holy shit!

I do exactly the same thing today, exactly, and back to conceding 5 goals a game. You know what, maybe I'm just old and don't understand football games. It's fast okay, I understand, but fam I just can't even.

I don't understand how something can work one day and not another, same for PES. Idk maybe I am an imbecile, maybe I truly am a complete imbecile. But I cannot grasp why game mechanics work one day and won't work another. I might be just shit at video games fam. Maybe. But even then, what the hell?

Only 4€ lost so no bother. If you like FIFA 21 - nah I totally see why, I think especially FUT formula is good - but I cannot comprehend it from start to finish.

Back to PES 5 I guess :WASTED: please have fun I wish I had! 🐑

Did you already switch to DirectX 11?

You can force DirectX 11 with "DIRECTX_SELECT = 1" in your fifasetup.ini. DirectX 12 in the old Frostbite Engine is simply broken, but the game runs perfectly with DirectX 11.
Yeah i already tried that and other possible solutions that i found online but it still keeps freezing while in the match most of the times.In menus etc it works fine.Like i said from what i read online it happens for many people even with very good specs.For some reason it makes the disk usage go to 100% when you launch the game and the same for cpu usage also.I had the same problem with 20 and then before getting 21 i upgraded to 16gb ram from 8gb that i had previously as i thought that maybe this will solve it,but the problem persists.

Also the game takes too long to boot.Nearly 2 minutes in my case.And even if you put it on lowest settings it still freezes.
The weird thing is that 95% of the time it freezes in the same scenario.It always happens when i attack from left to right and i control a player on the bottom right of the screen and i want to pass or cross the ball to a teammate in the opponent area.The exact time that i press the pass button it freezes for 5-10 seconds.Then continues for 3 seconds and then it freezes again for 5-10 seconds.Then it continues normally but sometimes it happens more than once in a match.Really frustrating..And if it's offline atleast you can continue the match but when it happens online it just disconnects you and you get a loss..

I don't know what else to do..Tried different v-sync settings and other things and still happens..I think i'll just gonna get a ps5 at some point and play there to be sure that everything will work as it should..Pc gaming is fucking frustrating..you have to worry about dozens of different things that may cause problems eiher from hardware or software and building a very good rig is too expensive..Also companies don't give a fuck about decent pc versions most of the times and they always come with more issues than console versions..and they don't get next gen versions on time either..

Yeah i already tried that and other possible solutions that i found online but it still keeps freezing while in the match most of the times.In menus etc it works fine.Like i said from what i read online it happens for many people even with very good specs.For some reason it makes the disk usage go to 100% when you launch the game and the same for cpu usage also.I had the same problem with 20 and then before getting 21 i upgraded to 16gb ram from 8gb that i had previously as i thought that maybe this will solve it,but the problem persists.

Also the game takes too long to boot.Nearly 2 minutes in my case.And even if you put it on lowest settings it still freezes.
The weird thing is that 95% of the time it freezes in the same scenario.It always happens when i attack from left to right and i control a player on the bottom right of the screen and i want to pass or cross the ball to a teammate in the opponent area.The exact time that i press the pass button it freezes for 5-10 seconds.Then continues for 3 seconds and then it freezes again for 5-10 seconds.Then it continues normally but sometimes it happens more than once in a match.Really frustrating..And if it's offline atleast you can continue the match but when it happens online it just disconnects you and you get a loss..

I don't know what else to do..Tried different v-sync settings and other things and still happens..I think i'll just gonna get a ps5 at some point and play there to be sure that everything will work as it should..Pc gaming is fucking frustrating..you have to worry about dozens of different things that may cause problems eiher from hardware or software and building a very good rig is too expensive..Also companies don't give a fuck about decent pc versions most of the times and they always come with more issues than console versions..and they don't get next gen versions on time either..
My game takes a few seconds to boot via SSD. Are you using a HDD? Did you try this already? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-21-PC-random-freezing-in-match/m-p/9587104#M6585

My game takes a few seconds to boot via SSD. Are you using a HDD? Did you try this already? https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Fifa-21-PC-random-freezing-in-match/m-p/9587104#M6585
Yeah i'm using HDD..To be fair that may be the issue because it's the same old HDD from when i bought the pc 10 years ago..But the thing is that from what i read in these troubleshoot forums i see that people having freezing issues even with very good rigs with SSD,i7,rtx2070,32gb ram etc..
I have already read this topic that you linked but didn't help..This thing that someone suggests to move location of your documents folder to a different drive only worked for someone who has both HDD and SSD..But i only have HDD..I tried to make a different drive in my HDD and relocate the documents folder there but it didn't work..still freezes..

Anyway..even if this is indeed a solution..it's fuckin ridiculous that you should do that to be able to play this fuckin game..There are many games with higher pc requirements that play perfectly and to play Fiifa we should have two drives just to be able to play..?Just ludicrous..They just don't care enough about pc versions and there are many examples for this..

I don't know..maybe i'll buy a SSD or even better keep the money,add some more,and get a ps5..If i will be able to find one that is..lol..because i didn't preordered.I'm kinda tired of pc gaming by now and the problems that comes with it,from all them fuckin hackers and cheaters when you play online,to the slow speeds and lags and the shitty pc versions from companies and various hardware/software issues that may occur anytime..With a console it's all just simple and more user friendy without busting your balls with various issues..You just buy,plug and play..Knowing that everything will be fine for the next 5-6 years..
Sorry about the too much console speaking but i skipped ps4 so i haven't had a console for more that 10 years now..i kinda miss having one lol..and i'm just frustrated from the pc gaming bullshit that i had gone through all these years..

Back
Top Bottom