FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Even the Madden trailer was more fleshed out than this!

Push-Pull Physics
An expanded player interaction system brings our Real Player Motion Technology (RPMT) into the fight for the ball. Feel enhanced physicality in the battle for possession during open play and in set piece situations as players jostle, push, and pull with more responsiveness than ever before.

Look, more acronyms!

Responsive Multi-Touch Animations
New gameplay technology enhances the visual quality and responsiveness of linked animations on the ball, enabling you to experience fluid and realistic player movement. Players now take more human contextual touches, reducing mechanical, robotic movement.

I assume it'll be like the Madden demonstration where the turning, cuts, etc are less stilted and robotic. As expected, nothing about player awareness, 1v1 defending, the fact that the game resembles basketball more than football.

Oh well, I can buy the PS4 version for 26 bucks thanks to Black Friday sales. Outside of dicking around in FM, I haven't touched a football game in like three weeks. I'll try anything at this point. Despite how bad it might be, I'm curious to see it on my PS5.

Courtesy of YouTube comments:

FIFA 21 next-gen also has ball compression. This tech shows the football compress as it's hit by the player, which adds a sense of weight to the ball, Rivera said.

"The ball is being contacted by the foot of the player, for longer," he said. "It used to be just one frame. In one frame the ball starts moving in the direction of the shot. But now as you will see here, it shows the ball stays longer with the foot, which means you feel that sense of weight on the ball, which creates a more authentic experience."

Like a PES Animation (Better Transiction)

Speaking of on the pitch, FIFA 21 next-gen has responsive multi-touch animations. What this means is players have animations that involve touching the ball multiple times, which in turn should improve responsiveness.

In the past, EA Sports prioritised short animations to give the player a responsive experience. The problem with short animations is that you lose some visual fidelity, as you don't get the beginning of an animation where you would see the player really getting into position to, for example, shoot.

Long animations look better, as it encapsulates the motion EA Sports captures from real humans. But, long animations can make the player feel like they're stuck in an animation for too long - and then they get tackled and the whole thing feels unresponsive.

On next-gen, EA Sports has added long animations that have multiple contact points. So, the player is contacting the ball more than once. If there's a need to transition into another animation because, say, the situation in the game has changed, FIFA 21 can make that transition because it's sampling every animation every frame. EA Sports players will notice this most when controlling a lofted pass on the chest, where the player touches the ball multiple times as they bring it under control.

Better Foot Planting

Similarly, FIFA 21 will also calculate more precisely the way in which the players place their foot on the pitch, limiting the sensation of skating that occurs on some occasions.

EA should show the videos it showed to the press and game changers. Many interesting comparisons (hair, animation, muscle, compression and cinematics) Visually the animations are very good.

Last edited:
Found 20 quid in some points account id forgotten about so put 12 quid to it and bought it for 32 quid in the sale ..see what this next gens all about now 😂

If that is true, how come in the promotional video released by EA does it take 8 seconds to get from menu to match?
Well it DOES take 8 seconds, but thanks to the new haptic feedback on the triggers it'll feel like 2.
It's magic. Like players levitating and all the other magic that already happens during FUT matches.

Why’s this game so damn easy? I hadn’t played it for over a month then first game back on legend difficulty I beat Liverpool 3-1 on my career save

then tried Matts latest sliders and won 6-1 again rapid Vienna, is Ultimate difficulty bullshit?

Anything that levels the playing field is in their favour.
In Zlatans occasion, his image rights are used due to agreements with FiFpro, and/orAC Milan and/or Serie A.

The same way it works for EA, works for KONAMI.

If we assume that Zlatan has right (which I strongly disagree) and gets justified somewhere, he must be removed from BOTH games PES and FIFA, or be in as fake player.

It is not that anything gets leveled, it just get more complicated. Like Brasileiro was until 2020 on PES and is now on FIFA.

In Zlatans occasion, his image rights are used due to agreements with FiFpro, and/orAC Milan and/or Serie A.

If we assume that Zlatan has right (which I strongly disagree) and gets justified somewhere, he must be removed from BOTH games PES and FIFA, or be in as fake player.

It is not that anything gets leveled, it just get more complicated. Like Brasileiro was until 2020 on PES and is now on FIFA.
Yep, EA are within their rights given the current contracts.

That being said, I can see players "opting out" of certain agreements before signing new contracts, should agents think they could potentially squeeze more money out of either the club (to be included in their licensing package) or EA themselves. I'm not sure they could (make a lot of money out of it), but while this is a public discussion, they might think about it.

My dream scenario, given how dreadful football games are at the moment, is that this completely knackers licensing and that it becomes a player-by-player affair. At which point, even EA could only afford a few leagues (at most) and likely wouldn't bother.

At which point, all football games become unlicensed - and therefore, developers might start to think it's worth their time creating a football game... Eventually, we might get a decent one. Whereas, as things stand, it's a total monopoly.

At this point I think we saw more promotional material for FIFA 14 on the PS4 than we have for 21 on PS5.

I think you're right @Chris Davies, Seems like there's not much to brag about if they're not promoting the actual substance, 7 days from release, I mean it's a technically supposed to be a new game yet where's the marketing of the actual, You know.. Game???

NBA 2K21 PS5 gave us a very lovely looking tech demo at least and very proudly showed off exactly what an actual match looks like in real time.

However I'll never forget when 2K was being very covert about WWE 2K15 for the PS4 The first next gen wrestling game, Again aside from 2 screenshots, We didn't see a single damn moving image until a month for the game came out in the form of the first official trailer. WHAT?

You're telling me, In this day and age of a cut-throat gaming industry where you're competing with dozens of other products at this time of year and you're not marketing the fact that your game can make you a cup of coffee, give you a blow job as well as how nice it looks and plays? Madness!

Needless to say, WWE 2K15 ended up being very unfinished with bugs and performance issues galore. Must've not been very confident in their product then prior to release... Not to say EA's game will screw up that bad but I feel they know other then some nicer graphical assets, it's not going to revolutionise football gaming or anything either. Neither did FIFA 14 PS4.

Still the PS5 is less than a month old, We all know how this goes, Give it a couple of years and we'll start to see some true next gen potential and we'll hopefully laugh at FIFA 21 & it's pathetic attempt at a manipulative plug.

Yeah but you're making my point for me. If players get removed from both games it's to the advantage of Pro cause it gives them a more level playing field and makes buying everything under the sun less attractive for EA.

That being said, I can see players "opting out" of certain agreements before signing new contracts, should agents think they could potentially squeeze more money out of either the club (to be included in their licensing package) or EA themselves. I'm not sure they could (make a lot of money out of it), but while this is a public discussion, they might think about it.

My dream scenario, given how dreadful football games are at the moment, is that this completely knackers licensing and that it becomes a player-by-player affair. At which point, even EA could only afford a few leagues (at most) and likely wouldn't bother.

At which point, all football games become unlicensed - and therefore, developers might start to think it's worth their time creating a football game... Eventually, we might get a decent one. Whereas, as things stand, it's a total monopoly.

Exactly my point.

Tennis games have the situation where every player owns their own image rights, and while this maybe should have resulted in the gameplay/physics becoming the top priority, all it did was mean that each studio seemed to blow most of their budgets on getting licensed players and making absolutely diabolical gameplay to go with it (AO1+2/TWT1+2) after there being zero console tennis games from 2011-2018.

It could go the other way, especially for Konami if they end up having to return to ISS roots with mostly fake names which knackers MyClub up for them entirely.

2932431-issproformation.jpg

I'd honestly be delighted with a football game doing this again if it meant they prioritised the gameplay. What I hope is that EA get completely screwed over and forced to pay up obscene amounts, and because they wouldn't dare release something like the above, they probably would pay up, while Konami (or someone else) make a quality football game with fake names.

Yeah but you're making my point for me. If players get removed from both games it's to the advantage of Pro cause it gives them a more level playing field and makes buying everything under the sun less attractive for EA.
Basically I can't see it so simplistic.

Why for example not to become what @rojofa says about Tennis games, whoever has more power and money, which is EA sports here, goes for more separate/individual arrangements per player.

Cause ZlataN or Bale do not demand to be removed, they demand money on their rights. I mean they are not removed permanently, they just create an auction around their rights, whoever has them payed, keeps them official, whoever can't pay goes with the fake one.

I see more possible, if this Ibra-movement, becomes something big in the future, a case of more price increase, or a version with generic players and purchasable DLC possibility, for licensed-content.

Or even a more general case, like how Icons and Legends do work today in both FuT and MyClub. Online heavy payers get the full original package and offline "scums" get nothing or something, but always with the limited possibilities we have today, in FIFA the in game editor on console does not let you edit many things facial-wise, you can't even fix the wrong faces & hairstyles of official players with generic faces.

Just to not be misunderstood by myself, I am all for gameplay first and luxuries like faces to come second or third, but the current edit modes are primitive and require true revolution in order to be functional in a situation like this.

I just see malicious shortcuts, before we reach an "all equal under the sun" and "focus to quality" situation. Neither from the two companies has shown me such a pure heart side, when they only regress the last 6 years, in offline terms.

Basically I can't see it so simplistic.

Why for example not to become what @rojofa says about Tennis games, whoever has more power and money, which is EA sports here, goes for more separate/individual arrangements per player.

Cause ZlataN or Bale do not demand to be removed, they demand money on their rights. I mean they are not removed permanently, they just create an auction around their rights, whoever has them payed, keeps them official, whoever can't pay goes with the fake one.

I see more possible, if this Ibra-movement, becomes something big in the future, a case of more price increase, or a version with generic players and purchasable DLC possibility, for licensed-content.

Or even a more general case, like how Icons and Legends do work today in both FuT and MyClub. Online heavy payers get the full original package and offline "scums" get nothing or something, but always with the limited possibilities we have today, in FIFA the in game editor on console does not let you edit many things facial-wise, you can't even fix the wrong faces & hairstyles of official players with generic faces.

Just to not be misunderstood by myself, I am all for gameplay first and luxuries like faces to come second or third, but the current edit modes are primitive and require true revolution in order to be functional in a situation like this.

I just see malicious shortcuts, before we reach an "all equal under the sun" and "focus to quality" situation. Neither from the two companies has shown me such a pure heart side, when they only regress the last 6 years, in offline terms.
The crazy thing about the current arrangement, where FIFPro player likenesses can be used freely, is that someone like Zlatan would likely make more money if he simply retired from playing football (removing himself from FIFPro) and then negotiating a price to be included as a "Legend".

Beckham is getting paid £40M over 3 years to be in FIFA (13.33M per year), Milan are paying Zlatan 7M€ this year.

The players (especially big names) getting so little/nothing out of being included in these games through FIFPro feels like it's going to have to change if more players/agents start realising how much money there is to be made. I hope to see more players getting on board and this idea gathering momentum.

And new gameplay camera is like Broadcast camera maybe better :APPLAUD:. I know most gamers play fifa on tele camera but for me Broadcast is like on TV..:COOL:

I believe ea will show off a new engine at next years E3. Battlefield will be the first to show it. This is just a better version of this years with extra benefits.

Agreed, I think the graphics of the PC version are moddable to increase the level of detail to make it look the same like on the PS5 next gen

The PC version doesn't have the same type of the lighting/deferred rendering that's been seen on the PS5/XSX version, thus, it will never look as good. Not until there's parity on the PC with presumably, FIFA 22. The lighting in last-gen FIFA 21 is especially poor and no amount of mods or Reshade will fully rectify that.

Back
Top Bottom