FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Defender runs towards Sterling, misses, then does a horribly animated crab-jog away back to where he came from. So A) 1v1 is still a thing, and B) the animations are no better in terms of the gameplay. Which are the only animations that matter - fuck jumping into the manager's arms and doing a Dirty Dancing remake. Who cares.

Even a three second slice of gameplay is enough to see what a pile of jank the game is. FIFA's a total mess right now. As a football fan who is feeling a genuine hole in his life from not being able to play and enjoy a football game right now, I'm honestly just gutted.

Yeah, Silva was doing some major crabcore.
tenor.gif

Last edited:
I remember the next gen FIFA 14 was a step in the right direction regarding respectable player weight and foot planting etc over the PS3 version, I'd love to say history would repeat itself now the have the tech to do so, That the serious presentation of the next gen cutscene would set a precedent for serious on pitch gameplay but with fluorescent neon goal posts, pyros in the crowd when you score & Dua ****ing Lipa shoehorned in, This game is turning into cyberpunk football.

Seriously, It wouldn't surprise me if they started crossing over and adding Fortnite characters to FUT the way these games are going and they're cross promotional branding orgies. Not long until we get LilNasX doing a halftime concert too.

so I didn't follow fifa21 since I knew it was a disaster
did ea fix gameplay issues like ai defending and difficulty?
fifa21 is on sale on steam and I wonder if the game is worth to buy now?
if nothing fixed, then I would just forget it

so I didn't follow fifa21 since I knew it was a disaster
did ea fix gameplay issues like ai defending and difficulty?
fifa21 is on sale on steam and I wonder if the game is worth to buy now?
if nothing fixed, then I would just forget it

I'm the same as you. My first FIFA-free winter since 2007. Going by the majority on this thread and offline players on social media - avoid. Never mind fixed, the issues seem worse.

I'm under increasing pressure to watch that show. I wonder whether this is a sign from the cosmos.

Last edited:
I'm the same as you. My first FIFA-free winter since 2007. Going by the majority on this thread and offline players on social media - avoid. Never mind fixed, the issues seem worse.
I think it's really funny that everybody in this thread is shitting on the game but nobody has actually played it. There's literally no discussion taking place in this "discussion thread".

While I haven't played it I'm mindful that I can't say it's shite with any real conviction. But I don't feel completely unqualified to criticise. My opinion of the series was already in free fall and I've seen no evidence to suggest the slide has been arrested. Fair point about the nature of "discussion" in the thread. I've nothing to say about FIFA 21 per se, so should probably take a step back. Born out of frustration: I see the FIFA franchise as my best hope for an enjoyable, contemporary football game and am dismayed at the direction they've taken, and why.

I'll hibernate, and come back in spring once I've gotten my hands on it. 🕺

I haven't played Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing either, but I can confidently say just from watching videos that it's a shite game I wouldn't enjoy playing, other than to laugh at - same goes for FIFA this year.

It makes sense that people will use the most recent discussion thread for stuff other than reporting on their sessions playing the game. I'm interested in having a decent football game to play and hoped this "next-gen" version would deliver that, sadly not by the looks of things so far. But I guess I'm not allowed to say anything because I didn't pay £50 for the game. Because you need to spend that, and give EA your money before making any criticism (negating any reason they'd have to listen to you, they safely have your money every year).

The player rights debate, how FUT is ruining the game, the general direction of the series, observations on the trailers/videos etc... All seem relevant to me in the thread for the most recent game in the series.

I think it's really funny that everybody in this thread is shitting on the game but nobody has actually played it. There's literally no discussion taking place in this "discussion thread".

Amazingly, you could tell it's complete garbage from every single video. Agile dribbling looked comical. Defending looked shit. Animations/Physics? More shit (responsive) than ever. But, since I'm an idiot I also got myself a month of EA play for the 10 hour trial. I've actually paid for the right to shit on this garbage game until the end of time!

It is as bad as it looked and as almost everyone else is saying.

Last edited:
I don't think you need to play the game to criticize it. We more or less all played recent past iterations and flaws of the new one(s) are very clear cut like, crystalline. It's not a matter of sensations or whatever, there are things that are automatically off putting even just by the look on videos.
(however, speaking for myself, I could copy paste the same lines above on the Pes 21 topic and still hold them true :D)

Anyway, I'm also sorry somebody on this forum that may like the game just have to read costant bashing on the game, and that's why I'm trying to tone it down (even if it's still, unfortunately, fully deserved to me).

By that logic are we not allowed to have an opinion on professional football cause we don't play that either?

For the record though I did play the beta and provided feedback on my experience.

I disliked it during the trial but I bought for 30 quid .. it's not that bad once you get used to defending and jockeying Still prefer PES21 but looking forward to next gen and the extra animations ..maybe ok

Well, lucky me got the disc version today for 30 euro. I was just browsing the local eBay and found a cheap copy in my town. Let’s see how the update is gonna look like next week.

Are you talking about the current-gen version? In which case, a lot of us have.

From playing that, and knowing how to spot the behaviours that ruin it for me personally, it's simple to see them in the slices of gameplay we've had so far - like the 1v1 defending I mentioned before.

It also stands to reason that if they're not showing gameplay footage this close to release, which is unheard of, then they're not expecting it to help sales.

Also, and as much as I genuinely don't care about graphics and have been sat here hoping for them to use the extra power to create more simulation in the gameplay... I'm sorry that I can't help noticing stuff like the crowd still not being able to look at the ball - and that rather than concentrate the extra power on that, they've added in creepy-faced children that you'll only see the first time you can be bothered watching the two-minute intro.

Speaking of the new graphical features...

The ball deformation! What is it made of, jelly?!

Are you talking about the current-gen version? In which case, a lot of us have.

From playing that, and knowing how to spot the behaviours that ruin it for me personally, it's simple to see them in the slices of gameplay we've had so far - like the 1v1 defending I mentioned before.

It also stands to reason that if they're not showing gameplay footage this close to release, which is unheard of, then they're not expecting it to help sales.

Also, and as much as I genuinely don't care about graphics and have been sat here hoping for them to use the extra power to create more simulation in the gameplay... I'm sorry that I can't help noticing stuff like the crowd still not being able to look at the ball - and that rather than concentrate the extra power on that, they've added in creepy-faced children that you'll only see the first time you can be bothered watching the two-minute intro.

Speaking of the new graphical features...

Finally fits the legs! ;)

will try the OS sliders later. I read when playing on slow this year, the AI has problems stopping runs from the side. Is that true?! I always preferred slow speed settings.

I hope they exaggerated that for the trailer just to imply they've added some, It's another one of those things that wouldn't have made my top 10 of anal aesthetic requests either. I've seen more deformation to a players face when a ball hits THEM, And that would've probably been more amusing to see. Heck, EA already uses that tech for UFC & Fight Night so it wouldn't be far fetched to ask them to implement that too right?

This was my first thought, but did n't want to sound exaggerated . You must be a Roberto Carlos, or a Hulk (The Brazilian footballer not the Marvel hero) at its strongest shoot, in order to deform the ball so obviously. Or just Captain Tsubasha!! :P

Back
Top Bottom