FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Wish list.
1 better defending (team mate ai not being traffic cones)

2 no skating,feel that the CPU has a massive advantage when they just skate in to tackles etc

3 Some form of midfield play,not just passing over it constantly

4 managerial sackings!
How hard can it be?

Wish list.

2 no skating,feel that the CPU has a massive advantage when they just skate in to tackles etc

4 managerial sackings!
How hard can it be?
Agree on all counts.

But the issue with #4 is some kind of licensing issue I believe, relating to image rights? PES doesn't 3D-model any managers (other than the ones you can pick at the start) so they can appear anywhere, whereas Mourinho appearing on the sidelines at Watford or something is a problem. I think.

Agree on all counts.

But the issue with #4 is some kind of licensing issue I believe, relating to image rights? PES doesn't 3D-model any managers (other than the ones you can pick at the start) so they can appear anywhere, whereas Mourinho appearing on the sidelines at Watford or something is a problem. I think.

Manager sackings, aren't really an issue for me too much in FIFA.

It is not like FM, where Solksjaer will be sacked then Klopp, then Arteta.
3 weeks later Klopp is at Man U, Solksjaer is at Arsenal and Arteta is at Liverpool and the managers just rotate.

Agree on all counts.

Yeah I think you're right,which makes it even worse somehow.
Just like I'd like to have the pull off jersey celebration when scoring,same problem , licenses or product placement on the kits.
Horrible times

Manager sackings, aren't really an issue for me too much in FIFA.

It is not like FM, where Solksjaer will be sacked then Klopp, then Arteta.
3 weeks later Klopp is at Man U, Solksjaer is at Arsenal and Arteta is at Liverpool and the managers just rotate.
Kinda like to face one team over a few seasons that plays different when getting a new coach etc,not really an issue for me either,but break some immersion for me.
But like you said,it's probably going to be ridiculous managerial changes,like Klopp at Norwich in the end

Kinda like to face one team over a few seasons that plays different when getting a new coach etc,not really an issue for me either,but break some immersion for me.
But like you said,it's probably going to be ridiculous managerial changes,like Klopp at Norwich in the end
while ancelloti was at napoli if he went to everton in pes that wouldve been ridiculous too, that one in real life is still a head scratcher for me

no demo ..official

We aren't releasing a demo for FIFA 21. Instead we've made the decision to focus our development team's time on delivering the best full game experience for current & next-gen consoles. We look forward to EA PLAY members jumping in 10 days from now and launching the game Oct 9.

What? I call that lame 😅
Next -> we are not releasing v1 up to v5 of the game we are focusing on v6.

Wish list.

4 managerial sackings!
How hard can it be?

Well #1 and #3 haven't been met. #4 will be a licences issue, which leaves #2.

no demo ..official

We aren't releasing a demo for FIFA 21. Instead we've made the decision to focus our development team's time on delivering the best full game experience for current & next-gen consoles. We look forward to EA PLAY members jumping in 10 days from now and launching the game Oct 9.
Again, I find that a really worrying statement. With no next-gen footage or anything, it says to me "OH GOD THIS NEXT-GEN SHIT IS BUGGY AS FUCK AND WE'VE ONLY GOT A COUPLE OF MONTHS LEFT".

I think they just wish everybody paid them a little something and used EA play for the trial version instead of putting out a free demo.
Putting out a demo is just a snapshot version of the game in time with most content cut, perhaps even simpler than the beta version.

Finding the dev time to release the paid trial won't be a problem. ;)

Last edited:
I'm sure the lack of a FIFA demo this year has more to do with COVID disruptions than anything else. No big deal. Game will soon be here.

I seriously doubt not releasing a demo will hinder sales, FIFA will sell millions on Day 1, demo or not.

+ It will stop the crowds going why you change the gameplay the demo was amazing.

The absolute state of these YouTube Career Mode content makers though. A quick glance at Jarrad's channel and first video I see is called "RONALDO INSANITY!".

I'm too old and cynical for modern gaming I think.

I know, I'm old too:PINKS:
But you can see some nice gameplay. Not fut gameplay and the normal speed.
Only that matters

The "No Demo* announcement is complete, utter BS. It's clearly nothing to do with delivering the best experience possible. They simply want to encourage gamers to sign upto ea play/access where gamers can play the 10 hour trial. I'm willing to wager that a alot of gamers will do exactly that, even if they cancel their subscription after just one month.

The point is that there haven't been any gaming conventions this year, and that's why they usually create a demo build.

The point is that there haven't been any gaming conventions this year, and that's why they usually create a demo build.

I'm sure that's a convenient excuse for them and it's a lot more plausible than the lame excuse they came up with but their have been rumours for the past few years that EA have been considering stopping producing game demo's.

Is series x/ps5 versions going to be any different or just a graphical bump?

No information has been given as yet.

But don't expect the massive upgrade you got in FIFA 14 NG compared to the PS3 version.
As when moving to the PS4/One version they used the new Ignite engine.

I believe in the PS5/XBX version they are still using Frostbite.

Back
Top Bottom