FIFA 21 Discussion (Console Versions)

Well, at least there wasn't a kick off goal, I guess?

Ridiculous glitches are very amusing but you can play all year without running into them...

But here's EAs idea of physical play/defending this year. Looks just as weird/glitchy but it's just how the game is designed so it's ok I guess!
Behold... "Smooth encounters"™! (Or 2 players trying to fight it out but a magical forcefield or something keeps them from falling over/fouling and they just flap their legs uncontrollably for a couple of seconds until the game decides who gets the ball). It kinda makes the same old/overused PES stumble animation seem like a better idea, lol.

:BLINK:

This year, we’re excited for you to experience next-level gaming as we bring EA SPORTS FIFA 21 to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

New innovations unlocked by the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, like blazing fast load times, deferred lighting and rendering, enhanced animation technology, off-ball humanisation, and more will take The World’s Game from visual to visceral, enabling you to Feel Next Level every time you step onto the pitch.’

:BLINK:

This year, we’re excited for you to experience next-level gaming as we bring EA SPORTS FIFA 21 to PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X.

New innovations unlocked by the power of PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X, like blazing fast load times, deferred lighting and rendering, enhanced animation technology, off-ball humanisation, and more will take The World’s Game from visual to visceral, enabling you to Feel Next Level every time you step onto the pitch.’

It's a new game, it's not just more resolution and fps.

It's a new game, it's not just more resolution and fps.

Well right now this is like an early access/kickstater project, where they implemented attacking but run out of money before they could program the defensive AI and balance the game. Is there defensive AI in this new game? It would help us view this "football" game in a different light, more than the new "lighting" system.

But if gameplay is the same, it is the same game. New "cutscenes" don't count. (I bet real money this "off-ball humanisation" is just new cutscenes while not playing. But while actually defending they will still jog around like zombies).

Last edited:
I started a career mode with Exeter, CM is still plagued with the same annoying issues, which luckily are modded on PC.

But anyway, listed some players for sale and all had bids within the friendly tournament.
All above market value, but also received bids for the majority of first team players - For over market value - And all to foreign clubs, Nicky Law would not sign for Mexican team.
So therefore I now sold all my rubbish, and have a budget of £4 million in L2.

The youth team is very strange, so I am Exeter in L2 and my youth team has 8 players in there, and non of them are English.
I have a Senegalise player and a Japanese player - This wouldn't even be realistic if it was Arsenal, let alone a L2 team where every player is English, with maybe a Welsh player.

Training needs to be fixed as well, they really need to sort out the fact that you should have a training facility with a star rating and depending on that star rating depends on how well your players train.

Also now signed a couple of players, with pace and won my pre-season friendly final 6-1.
The defensive gameplay, I am kind of getting the hang off a little and getting slightly more confident with it - Still a pile of shit though.
But going forward, I have never played a game where it is so easy to score or create a golden opportunity, if I didn't have Ryan Bowman/Ajose who can't shoot then I would be hitting double figures every game.. I actually get disappointed if I don't score every attack I have.
Scoring goals should be incredibly difficult, not the easiest part of the game.

Also in regards to transfers Harry Kane joined Barcelona and a couple of others where again where big teams, were selling their best players.

Today I received the new fifa for me. Don’t know if the graphics are better but the are more realistic! Gameplay is miles better and enjoying the matt sliders. Only the name is strange: fifa 16 it is :APPLAUD:. Sorry can’t buy fifa 21 this year. Good luck everyone and I hope mattsliders make something out of it.

I started a career mode with Exeter, CM is still plagued with the same annoying issues, which luckily are modded on PC.

But anyway, listed some players for sale and all had bids within the friendly tournament.
All above market value, but also received bids for the majority of first team players - For over market value - And all to foreign clubs, Nicky Law would not sign for Mexican team.
So therefore I now sold all my rubbish, and have a budget of £4 million in L2.

The youth team is very strange, so I am Exeter in L2 and my youth team has 8 players in there, and non of them are English.
I have a Senegalise player and a Japanese player - This wouldn't even be realistic if it was Arsenal, let alone a L2 team where every player is English, with maybe a Welsh player.

Training needs to be fixed as well, they really need to sort out the fact that you should have a training facility with a star rating and depending on that star rating depends on how well your players train.

Also now signed a couple of players, with pace and won my pre-season friendly final 6-1.
The defensive gameplay, I am kind of getting the hang off a little and getting slightly more confident with it - Still a pile of shit though.
But going forward, I have never played a game where it is so easy to score or create a golden opportunity, if I didn't have Ryan Bowman/Ajose who can't shoot then I would be hitting double figures every game.. I actually get disappointed if I don't score every attack I have.
Scoring goals should be incredibly difficult, not the easiest part of the game.

Also in regards to transfers Harry Kane joined Barcelona and a couple of others where again where big teams, were selling their best players.
Same stuff in FIFA 19/20.
Well established PL players playing for mid table teams in Serie A,which means that they've taken a 50% pay cut.
(Yeah Lukaku/Ashley Young etc but that's in a top club)

Is that all or is there more? 2 out of 3 bullet points is just them coming up with a gimmick that makes use of the new ps5 controller.
So better visuals (duh) and a few new exclusive cutscenes. And they could port those cutscenes to all versions, but they need the extra bullet point I guess.

No word on gameplay so it must be the exact same "award winning" gameplay we have already seen?

Last edited:
Sounds like a load of marketing shite..
Basically it is going to be the current version with better visuals.. But I like the way they say better visuals compared to PS4..
I know the player likenesses are more detailed on PC, so are they saying the next gen version is just going to be graphically on par with PC?
If that is true, that sucks, the PC version isn't great graphically and was expecting to get much better visuals than PC

Sounds like a load of marketing shite..
Basically it is going to be the current version with better visuals.. But I like the way they say better visuals compared to PS4..
I know the player likenesses are more detailed on PC, so are they saying the next gen version is just going to be graphically on par with PC?
If that is true, that sucks, the PC version isn't great graphically and was expecting to get much better visuals than PC

Isn't the next gen version of PC using the current gen graphics, and the true upgrade is on the new consoles only, that's what I thought I read somewhere.

Bizarre if true.

Isn't the next gen version of PC using the current gen graphics, and the true upgrade is on the new consoles only, that's what I thought I read somewhere.

Bizarre if true.

PC is not getting a next gen version this year.
I was just pointing out it sounds disappointing they stated the next gen version is just getting a update to likenesses compared to PS4.
Would of been better if they stated graphics better than PC, as the PS4 version of FIFA 21, looks like PC medium 4K settings.

Version 2 of our sliders are posted, but more importantly, I included example video with commentary for some EA guys to respond to. Maybe wishful thinking, but that's all we've got at this point. Feel free to retweet and/or contribute with your own examples.

This bug is happening to everyone, it seems (online and offline); Eurogamer have compiled a page's worth of them here.

I've uninstalled the game now and won't be going back to it - which is the first time I've done that in recent memory. That's no small statement for someone who has generally found FIFA to be more enjoyable than PES for a fair while.

I've given every previous FIFA a chance and found that I can get some level of fun (and even realism) out of them. But this one... It's the worst football game I've played in a very long time, and the fact that EVEN ONLINE PLAYERS are starting to complain about defenders just watching life go by A) tells you just how broken it is, and B) gives me hope that - for FIFA 22 maybe - the devs may give realism a second thought.

I'm still holding out a little hope that, based on an "improved animations" bit of blurb I saw the other week, FIFA might be a better game on next-gen. But I think PES 2022 might be the only hope I've got of enjoying a new football game again. FIFA is only going in one direction - and as others have said, that's "League of Legends with a ball".

This bug is happening to everyone, it seems (online and offline); Eurogamer have compiled a page's worth of them here.

I've uninstalled the game now and won't be going back to it - which is the first time I've done that in recent memory. That's no small statement for someone who has generally found FIFA to be more enjoyable than PES for a fair while.

I've given every previous FIFA a chance and found that I can get some level of fun (and even realism) out of them. But this one... It's the worst football game I've played in a very long time, and the fact that EVEN ONLINE PLAYERS are starting to complain about defenders just watching life go by A) tells you just how broken it is, and B) gives me hope that - for FIFA 22 maybe - the devs may give realism a second thought.

I'm still holding out a little hope that, based on an "improved animations" bit of blurb I saw the other week, FIFA might be a better game on next-gen. But I think PES 2022 might be the only hope I've got of enjoying a new football game again. FIFA is only going in one direction - and as others have said, that's "League of Legends with a ball".

Had that levitation glitch happen to us in Pro clubs, was hilarious lol

So hows FIFA now ? Left to join PES after FIFA 18. Still same old, same old ?

If you thought 18 was bad (and I agree) I would say you should give the demo a try, because it's so much worse it's almost an impressive feat of human ingenuity. Oh hang on, it's so bad this year they dared not release a demo.

I am actually enjoying Fifa. I know it is more arcadey than PES, but I have fun with it! There are small pieces of realism, especially with the GFX mod by Chuny. Yes, PES has better gameplay, and realism, but Fifa is fun to me.

With sliders and offline, FIFA 21 is a good game. I don't really understand why a lot of people complain about the game.
FIFA 21 is far better than the last three FIFA : 18/19/20
FIFA 17 is maybe a bit better but this year, Career mode is a deal breaker!
AI is strong, and FUMA control is really really good!

I think it's just another FIFA. The on-the-ball improvements (free-kicks, attacking variety) are there. However, for every step forward, there's 3 steps back. There's always one specific issue that stands out the most. Last year it was the defensive angle animations - that somehow got fixed through an update, which tells me it was probably attribute related. This year it's the midfield not tracking, which again may be attribute related.

It just comes down to EA's priorities, and the horse has been beaten to death on that. I think I'll still start a career mode simply because I want to, and of course will continue to look at sliders - but honestly I think the most recent set we've got are just down to individual preferences to adjust at this point.

This year, EA is focus on nextgen. They don't want to make a bad start on nextgen.
But every year people complain about something in the game. On FIFA 20, header was too hard, the manual defense too. This year is midfield who didn't come back and again the defense. I think a patch could fix that if they want to...

But overhaul, FIFA 21 is great when we tuned some sliders because default settings are a big joke.
The worst is competitor mode...
FIFA has two sides: the arcadish one by default and a more realistic one with sliders.
I bought FIFA since 1993 and I really hope that nextgen will bring more New things and maybe be amazing ...with sliders.

The community didn't want a simulation, they want skills, to score many goals, startheads and make money with FUT. That's the sad reality. EA didn't give a s**t about offline gamers. They have reacted to last year hastag #fixfifacareermode#

FUMA is a good option to have less script on your game. Test it and you didn't want to play FUTO anymore. Shoot and pass angles are really great.

Back
Top Bottom