Football Manager 2010

Yet again I'm doing well until January, now we're playing like shit.

For example, I was fourth in the league. And now? FIVE straight defeats on the run and can barely pass the ball to each other.

Convenient that it's happened in January.

Last edited by a moderator:

For example, I was fourth in the league. And now? FIVE straight defeats on the run and can barely pass the ball to each other.

I get that from time to time around Dec and Jan. I just try to ride out the wave. Maybe play more defense. Also I use the no pressure team talk. That seems to help.

I just hit Feb and I am top of the league 6 points clear of Manchester City. I just thrashed them at their place 4-0. Hope that sends them into a downward spiral. I am in the first knockout round of the CL against Bayern. I'm into the 5th Rd of the FA Cup. I just lost in the Semis of the Carling Cup to Man City. I didn't really care about the Carling Cup so I was testing out a new formation there. My goal is to hold on to the league title and win the CL. I don't mind not winning the FA Cup.

Joe didn't believe me that this is quite a common problem when I was moaning about it, then it happened to him :SMUG:

After doing the treble last season, I won fuck all this season. Although started with an unbeaten run of 24 games and beign at the top of the league all season, Man City pipped me to the post. Did really poorly in all cups.

I have completely changed my formation and bought Aguero for 60mil and sandro for 20mil. I need to win the champs league, they have made me the favourites now, so we will see.

Currently won 6/6 in the league.

Sandro the centre-mid? I've got him playing alongside Defour and they work well together :)

Had 4 games left when I posted that, ended up winning the league :)

Will post screenies later.

I lost to Ath. Madrid in the quarters of the CL 4-3 on aggregate. I really wanted to win that this year. I am currently 1st in the league 11 points clear with 4 matches to go. Man City has a game in had on me. I am about to play Man United in the first leg of the semi's for the FA Cup. So now I really want to win the league and the FA Cup. I hope I can hang on.

I have just won the double with Fulham. Won the league and the FA Cup. Working on changing my formation during the process as well. Actually used my new 4-4-2 in the FA Cup final since my Ass Man told me Spurs struggle against the 4-4-2. Need to add some widemen. My new stadium will be finished in June. Hopefully I get enough money to do what I need to do.

Also, I made the top 10 in the hall of fame of english managers. Yes I said english. I usually pick American for my nationality but I guess I overlooked that when I was creating the game. So unforunately I am an english manager. Nothing against you guys though. But I am the 10th best english manager in the hall of fame.

Here's the final Serie A table of 2012/13 then :)

seriea201213.png

Delighted with how it turned out, won the title with one game to spare after Udinese lost with me beating Lazio. After being knocked out in the first knockout stage by Marseille in the Europa League and reaching the quarters of the Italian Cup, was very happy to secure the title! :)

bbva201213.png

Here's Joe's Liga BBVA table, he finished 2nd, (which was basically like winning a league of his own as Real Madrid just went fucking crazy).

Already won my first silverware of the 2013/14 season in the SuperCup Final against Juventus, fairly convincingly :SMUG:

supercupfinal.png

Last edited:
Congrats to both of you, Stu and Becanes. :ROCK:

Stu, it's interesting how it was Udinese who put up the closest fight. None of the bigger teams mounted any kinda title challenge it seems or at any point give you any real worry or trouble.

Yeah, you can count that down to age and a few of the regens creeping in now. Struggled to find the form at the start of this season. Relying on late goals and not dominating games at all.

Also, me and Joe drew each other in the same group in Europe for the second year running :LOL:

Had a good 3-5 top quality players out injured long term and had to scrape through. Up to 4th now though, but miles off top. Genoa going mental.

Switched to 4-3-3 now and got Cardozo and Vukcevic back to fitness, should start to rock it now :D

I'm in 2014 and it's impossible to buy anyone for less than £5m and even at that price they won't be very good. Prices are through the roof.

Back
Top Bottom