Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

world cup = fifa = EA = world cup mode in PES/WE games are 'fake' ones but the same format kinda like the international challenge in PES6 which i started playing again recently and is very addictive.

Exactly.

I think its key to understand EA have the license to call their games and modes World Cup. They've got the license on the event, but not the teams. Its do-able that Konami could get each international teams license individually, but they simply cant officially call it World Cup mode etc

world cup = fifa = EA = world cup mode in PES/WE games are 'fake' ones but the same format kinda like the international challenge in PES6 which i started playing again recently and is very addictive.

You too?
lol. I'm so addicted to it! I think its about the qualifying stages where i can pick and try out alot of players and if i qualify i get to pick the best i liked so far. I prefer playing South American qualifiers though as its a long process. Chose Uruguay made it to 3rd place qualified to WC made it to the Final game and lost in penalty kicks to Italy :(

Edit: Oooh.. I just got promoted from Sunday League to Conference :cool:

Last edited:
You too?
lol. I'm so addicted to it! I think its about the qualifying stages where i can pick and try out alot of players and if i qualify i get to pick the best i liked so far. I prefer playing South American qualifiers though as its a long process. Chose Uruguay made it to 3rd place qualified to WC made it to the Final game and lost in penalty kicks to Italy :(

Edit: Oooh.. I just got promoted from Sunday League to Conference :cool:

I recently won with Italy and it was awesome, the games feel a lot more challenging than Master League at times. I've just started another one with France and after that i'll take the south american route.

It was nice to see a new feature in the game - I really enjoyed seeing the qualifying stages in. Adds more longevity - sometimes I think Konami may think we look for quick-thrills with WE/PES, but it really added to the game to have the qualifying stages.

I just hope that this year they think "people like a longer game, perhaps we should put more leagues in the ML so that they have to climb more than one division before they reach the top".

thats like saying EA wont be releasing that cash cow that is Madden this year.

according to MSN/Games Rader, Pro Evo is taking a rest year....sounds like bullshit (as per usual from MSN) but given the complete lack of news...
Link? I searched for this, but found nothing :shock:
Probably it wasn't there. This post doesn't seem to be reliable.

hahaha, i'm sure with Thomas and Kaiwai's posts (and many other's posts with sources) it can be quite sure that there will be a WE 11 this calendar year!!! so let's stop all the none-sense about Konami resting or WE not coming out this year and such....

but then again, like many other "news" 90% of them are fake and 100% rumours...nothing official, so go by nothing!!!

E3 not far away too. June 23rd is 11 days from now and if not then E3 around 2 weeks from June 23rd so not a big deal.

I agree, strange remark from them.
If they know PES takes a 'rest' year, why didn't they wrote a news-item about it? This way it looks like a remark coming from nowhere.

Ive had a convo with one of my contacts, and...well lets just say hes well informed.

Theres a number of things he told me, I cant reveal everything right now, but one of the things mentioned was that Konami Tokyo never release info until the game has practically gone gold. Gold is the term used for when the game is in mass production ready to be sold.

Makes sense why we havent heard anything yet. I guess trying to tie up licenses has already effected the game.

Im gonna release more info on the podcast this weekend, then update the blog with that same info early next week. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive had a convo with one of my contacts, and...well lets just say hes well informed.

Theres a number of things he told me, I cant reveal everything right now, but one of the things mentioned was that Konami Tokyo never release info until the game has practically gone gold. Gold is the term used for when the game is in mass production ready to be sold.

Makes sense why we havent heard anything yet. I guess trying to tie up licenses has already effected the game.

Im gonna release more info on the podcast this weekend, then update the blog with that same info early next week. :)

Don't know about the 'gold" thing i've seen plenty of game that wen't gold as preorders but where still being tweaked and beta'd?

Great news man.All i want to see in a next-gen winning eleven is much more animation on the players when the team is defending and i mean every touch on the d-pad or any tap on the pressure buttons or the sprint button(R1) to be animated that is what i hope to see amongst other things can't wait until 23 please show us something

Don't know about the 'gold" thing i've seen plenty of game that wen't gold as preorders but where still being tweaked and beta'd?

I am also unsure. GOld and Platinum etc are terms for how many copies a game has sold (going Gold would mean it had reached a number of sold/preordered copies).

But there is also the, sometimes gold, master disc of a software that gets shipped to the pressing plant, which could also spawn the expression.

Fake or not, PES7 has to have a UEFA Champions League.

Just let top league European clubs qualitfy to a tournament and call it WHATEVER name you want. It isn't rocket science.

I thought "going gold" was when the First Master copy of the game was mastered onto a CD/DVD?

Going gold means that the game is ready for mass production and is the version we will see in stores.

Going gold and platinum regarding sales has nothing to do with this.

Last edited:
Theres a number of things he told me, I cant reveal everything right now....

Uh-Oh. You don't sound excited AT ALL about the "things he told you, but u can't reveal"... that's not good at all.

Damn you Konami if it's another next-gen disappointment.

As they never release info until the game has practically gone gold, it can theoreticly mean that the game will not be released this year. See also Matherto's link about PES taking a rest this year: http://tech.uk.msn.com/features/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=5191487&imageindex=15
...unless you can reveal this part already ;)

Last edited:
They have learned from last years PES 6 360 how an unfinished version can damage their company. Some people preferred FIFA 07 that time were they normally choosed PES. They will bring it out later if it is not finished. Last year they were practically forced by Microsoft to release it in october, else they certainly would have brought it out later.
That's why we should have an answer about this.

Wow you guys go into everything :shock: lol

I think n4tor is spot on about the meaning of Gold. It is a term used when the game is ready for mass production. I was told this.

Its not that Im not excited, I guess its the fact Im not allowed to say anything right now. Its more frustrating because he actually played the game and I only got a bit of news from him :(

I guess one thing I can confirm is that its definately released this year. More to follow on the podcast.

Back
Top Bottom