Future Winning Eleven: PS3!!! discuss

Just thinking of the PS3 HOME feature. We can meet "in person" then.

A bit offtopic, but has somebody ever had the idea to meet up with the guys from the evo-web forum? I mean there are some many people from Europe, so at least for them it would be possible. I know the WoW addicts do.

pfffff...... L0LZ
i have to say im glad that the ingame pica was fake.....cus it looked realy bad just oike the gay ass 360 version;)

Ah, okay. Explanation time then.

Firstly, I'm not Japanese and don't work for konnami. Never have been and never will. I had to come up with a believable persona for the fake

Now it seems its my turn to hold my hand up and say "Sorry guys", so "Sorry guys!"

But I did this for many reasons. Firstly, I'm absolutely sick of Konami giving us the same old game every year. Lets not kid ourselves on here, none of those features will EVER make the game even though the are easy to implement. For the past two weeks, I've came on to the internet and there was no news. Absolutely nothing other than idle chit chat about about "when we getting news?"Is it in famitsu? No". As it happens I was clearing out my hard drive and came across a few photoshop's I had drawn over the course of the last few months. A plan was now forming in my head-I could put these onto the ps3, take a photo and pass them of as the real thing! This would give them something to talk about, and if it got big enough Konami might take notre of the fans reactions and implement it in their next game. I honestly thought twice about doing it, but I felt I had to, so I made a few changes to the Images. Deliberate, subtle, mistakes were introduced to try and get the "hardcore" fan to realise they were fakes and ignore them, but the were still real enough to be believed by enough people to set the ball rolling.
Its amazing actually, the power of the Internet. You make one post on a forum, it spreads around forums and the somehow makes it onto a few websites. Then the mindset shifts. "Where you get those pictures mate". "Here, wwww.totallyps3.com" All of a sudden the news isn't coming from a dodgy guy on a forum, its coming form a website! It MUST be real. The whole thing escalates from here and before you know it, it's everywhere. But is it in Konami's office? i don't know. Probably not. Even though there were glaring errors people still believed and that says alot about how desperate everyone is for news.
Once the menu pictures were up, you guys started asking for in game pics. I'll admit i panicked and quickly mocked up a 360 screen from google and in all honesty it turned out rubbish. The hype was starting to die after that picture so the 'net got hit by the trump cards, The master league screen and the video. A few websites bought that then i look on here and see that Thomasgoal has busted the whole operation! Gutted about that but well done Thomas for actually trying to back uo the idea that it was fake, rather than just instantly dismissing the while thing. One thing that struck me about the reactions was that it seems you get a few people who just plain refuse to believe it,solely because it isn't them thats breaking the news and they don't have the exclusive.

A few more things about this though.

1) It shows just how powerful the internet can be.I believe its made it onto a few gaming websites. Shoddy jounalism more than anything though.
2) The real info will be getting released this week anyway and I think that although you guys will be dissappointed in the off-field options(lets face it we ain't getting any fancy game/edit modes), you are breathing a sigh of relief that we aren't getting those shoddy 360 style graphics!
3) I hope it's gotten many people excited about the game and maybe even the possibility of how next gen gaming could be!
4) Just as an aside. The video was made by putting togther single images in a video editing program, then for added realism i dug out the old PS games for a soundtrack(went with Air combat for the song) and a cursor sound(Pes3). Convert this to mp4 format, put on ps3 and play it. If you watch it again, ou'll notice the filming stays away from the bottom left hand corner where the play sign comes in. Also the video zooms in when it reaches"Network data mode" as the text at the bottom didn't match the text from the previous screenshot.
5) How many of you honestly thought Konami could put these things in the game? I think in our heart of hearts everyone knew they were fake, but we clung onto the hope they might be real, because a Stadium editor would be bloody awesome!
6)The pictures only took about 20 minutes each not half my life like some people seem to say. Just used icons from google. Question; Did anyone ever wonder what the icons on the stadium builder screen actually meant? I made it and i don't even know.
7) My tv was quite dirty but you try and take a picture of yours with the flash on.
8) I know you guys are probably a mixture of pretty mad, pretty sad but also relieved(?) but please accept my apologies again.

SORRY!especially to Jack Bauer.

Last edited by a moderator:
tukasann :) well done nice fakes, almost had me until I saw them ropey so called in game graphics that TG then showed were actually from the 360 version last year.... all beit with most of the detail taken away!

Also well done for admitting it all and apologizing. A lot of people dont do that when they should and it causes a lot of friction when it shouldnt.

Yeah for me appoligy accepted, and well done,
creating the hype i mean,

dont do this again, ( and if you do use spelling check ;-) )

This should be the week with info, cant wait.

At least you come on here and apologize, but to be honest, I wouldn´t be jealous just because I´m not the one to have info. I´m just buzzing to get anything (confirmed) and I don´t care where from. If fans like Adonis and Suffdaddy manage to forge some connections with the industry, they have my highest respect and I´m happy for them.

But you didn´t really think that Konami would fall for such cheap stuff? They never reacted on the critism on here (penalties, master league).

Hahaha, you made Evo Web world shake and our Next-Gen WE illusions too! nice move

Its good to apologize , but u should have done it after 2 pics, not when it has become all clear. Its too late for me. U did it because u wanted to get some attention, not because u wanted to entertain us. Selfish reason :-)). And next time do better pics, becasue this was really crap. But u will have it easier next time , cause we will already have first next gen. See u next year :-)))))

One thing that struck me about the reactions was that it seems you get a few people who just plain refuse to believe it,solely because it isn't them thats breaking the news and they don't have the exclusive.

I hate to dissapoint u , many people refused to believe u ,because
it simply was unpossible for u to have such pictures, and from the first moment on, I saw it was fake. Why ?
Sony gave so much money and Konami 18 months effort to create this ? :-)))
I am not stupid or naive , comon man !
And last thing , u maybe made some sort of problems for PES serie , why ? Some Fifa fans maybe are using this pics on FIFA forums ssaying : Look at this crap this is new shit from Konami , this isnt next gen , its crap. Lets buy Fifa muahaha.

I wonder who the guy is. I will not be surprised if it is one of the regular posters, using another name. I am puzzled by the way he writes English. He uses that funny style you see from Japanese people. At least Asian people. He may have used that to make sure that we did not recognize his normal style and grammar.
He faked about the pictures/video, so why not faking about the name??

One thing that struck me about the reactions was that it seems you get a few people who just plain refuse to believe it,solely because it isn't them thats breaking the news and they don't have the exclusive.

I hate to dissapoint u , many people refused to believe u ,because
it simply was unpossible for u to have such pictures, and from the first moment on, I saw it was fake. Why ?
Sony gave so much money and Konami 18 months effort to create this ? :-)))
I am not stupid or naive , comon man !
And last thing , u maybe made some sort of problems for PES serie , why ? Some Fifa fans maybe are using this pics on FIFA forums ssaying : Look at this crap this is new shit from Konami , this isnt next gen , its crap. Lets buy Fifa muahaha.
Ah... so you are the type who always comes with the reaction afterwards. That way I can be a smart guy too ;)
I agree with you that Konami has to do better after two years of working, but I did not see this argument when we still did not know about the fake. Indeed, you said before that it was fake, but I did not read a convincing reason by then!

I think this is one of the best jokes ever on this forum...i really like Turkassan for it...
Congratulations my friend...to you are a legend.
It took some balls to admit and apologize too...

Well done...

PS: i too think that this is a regular of this forum...

Nice way to make someone feel like even more of an idiot Tukasann, aiming an apology directly to him! :mryellow:

Well at least next year I'll have to see it in an official Konami press release before I believe it. (HOPEFULLY)

So any news from the (in)famous insider that works for konami.........??? any news on the exact day we should be expecting something?

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797221p1.html !!

Konami Unveils Pro Evo 2008
First screens and info point to the most realistic footie game yet.

Konami has lifted the lid on the first details for the next Pro Evo game and has promised that it will be "the closest simulation of real football to date." Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 (working title) will be released on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PS2, PSP and DS later this year and boasts what Konami is calling "a revolution in player artificial intelligence" -- dubbed Teamvision, which enables the opposition to learn your style of player and adapt their tactics accordingly.

According to Konami, Teamvision will totally change the way PES fans play the game, because the adaptive AI forces players to constantly rethink their tactics. So, for example, if you prefer to run the ball down the wing and knock in a cross to a tall centre forward like Peter Crouch, your opponent will quickly change their tactics to close down the wide players and mark your hitmen more heavily. Similarly, if your favoured method of defence is to protect the back four with a sweeper -- then the other team will quickly pick up on this and change their attackers to take advantage of your formation.

Naturally the effectiveness of an opponent's change in tactics depends on the team they're playing as: strong international and club squads will be able to counter your tactics faster and more effectively than less skilled clubs, although players will still notice the change in their opponents play if they resort to using the same channels of attack. Likewise, powerful teams can also punish lazy tactical play to devastating effect, so if you lose the ball in your half to Robbie Keane there's a good chance he'll score. However, lose out to a less proficient striker and the odds of them converting the shot are less favourable.

The improved AI changes the way the game is played almost on every level, forcing players to take a much wider view of the game and real use the full width and breadth of their team. As such the pitch scanner plays a much bigger part in the game because it enables players to pick out openings in the defence (if they're skilled enough, obviously) and thread a ball through to an advancing attacker.

Teamvision affects set-plays as well as free play too. Cheap free kicks are a thing of the past because the opposing defence will close down runs faster, which prevents players from passing a ball into the box and tapping a shot in from short range. Naturally there are times when you will scorean easy goal, whether it's from a well-worked passing move or a fizzing direct free kick, but the enchanced AI now means players must think more if they want to consistantly win.

Other improvements promised for PES 2008 includes improved greater close control, so there's more scope for skilled dribbling, tricks and neat inter-player passing moves. Setting up a free-kick isn't quick as restrictive either, whether you're defending or attacking. You can change the number of players in the wall if you're defending or, if you're on the attacking, plan runs more intricately and position specific target men for the kicker to aim for.

However, the most noticeable improvement PES 2008 will offer over its predecessors (apart from Teamvision of course) is the graphics. Konami promises it will be a true next-gen experience, so there will be proper facial animations, shirt pulling and kits that flow and crease as the players run around. Watermarks from sweat and rain appear as the game continues too, bringing the player that bit closer to the action than ever before. All next-gen versions will feature a fully functional edit mode too -- something that was sorely lacking from last year's 360 version of PES 6 -- so players can create there own team and or edit existing ones. As yet there's no word on which licensed teams will feature or indeed what online modes we can expect.

"We have taken a long hard look at what has made the Pro Evolution Soccer series so popular, and where we want to take it next," commented Shingo 'Seabass' Takatsuka, creator of the series and Producer of PES 2008. "With the new Teamvision AI system, we truly believe that we have elevated the game to a new level. The movement of players off the ball, coupled with the total control given to the player, creates the closest simulation of real football to date. We really hope everyone enjoys our evolution. I promise it will be worth the wait." We certainly hope so.

We'll bring you more information on PES 2008 in the coming weeks. For now feast on these screenshots.

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032336094.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032418906.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032417640.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032416952.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032418265.jpg

winning-eleven-pro-evolution-soccer-2008-20070618032416234.jpg

Last edited:
I have to say, overall, I'm not too impressed with those graphics (don't look too much different from the 360 graphics). Definite improvement but still cartoony to me - and look at Ronaldinho's legs, they're not in a realistic pose at all I don't think. Looks like he's broken his leg when he's only supposed to be walking/running.

But look at the expression on the guy's face in the second shot above. WOAH. Now that's good.

And the last screenshot opens up a world of speculation - is what the WENB podcast talks about, this new special feature, a better management mode? With player interviews or something??

Last edited:
I'm wondering if Teamvision AI has been the core part of the development over the last couple years, redefining the way the AI behaves in-game, which has always been the main staple of the series and why we love it so much.

Gorgeous graphics although after 7 versions you'd think they would finally get rid of the Konami adboards. Surely they could create realistic fake ads.

Gorgeous graphics although after 7 versions you'd think they would finally get rid of the Konami adboards. Surely they could create realistic fake ads.

I think on beta versions, all ads are Konami...

Anyway, great news, that ther eis finalyl SOME news!

"so there's more scope for skilled dribbling, tricks"

No that´s something I never wanted to read. I hate dribbling. It should be possible, but never be too easy. On all tournaments I played, people are only dribbling their way through the defense. I always try to play as close to real footie as possible.

Anyway, sounds great. In terms of graphics I have agree to Jack Bauer. Looks good on these shots, but could be better. But gameplay is all that matters to me.

Back
Top Bottom