Halo 3 - Official Topic

I agree with you Jack, but for some reason or another Halo gets shat on by sooo many people JUST because it is massively popular. Hence my caveat statement ahead of what I actually wanted to say. :)

I've never been a big fan but it is a solid game, no doubt about it, and online it's always fun. I wasn't going to buy it with so many games coming out that I want in the next month-and-a-bit (FIFA 08 [28th Sep], Kane & Lynch [28th Sep], PGR4 [28th Sep], Army Of Two [26th Oct], Banjo Kazooie [26th Oct], Football Manager 2008 [26th Oct] - that's £230, quick, someone give me the lottery numbers)... But I'm sure when a demo comes out I'll do what I've done with the CoD4 beta, i.e. totally fall in love with it.

Don't watch The Simpsons :( I know, I'm rubbish :(
:| Crazy mo'fo...

Just for you, the scene is Homer and Marge at a government-imposed school of parenting. The tutor talks about how difficult it is being a parent.

"It's okay, being a parent you have to learn lots of little tricks, for example, if you leave milk out, it will go sour. Put it in a refrigerator, or failing that, a cold wet sack ... [One hour later, looking stressed] ... and your garbage goes into a garbage can, I cannot stress that enough people."

Marge: "This is so embarrassing."
Homer (taking notes): "Garbage ... garbage can. Makes sense!"

Microsoft and Bungie have reportedly banned a Halo 3 fan from Xbox Live for more than 7,000 years after he got his hands on the Halo 3 Epsilon test build.

Neither company has officially confirmed it, but we've spoken to sources close to both and they didn't refute it.

Advertisement
The subject of this story, as GameSpot reports, is a chap who goes by the name "Scar" - a dedicated Xbox fan who says that he was given the Epsilon build by a friend.

Having "played it for maybe six hours or so all alone", he was then booted off every time he tried to load it up. When he tried to go online the next day, he discovered he had been banned until 31st December, 9999.

Which is quite a lot of time to get banned for, and it sounds like he isn't alone, having said publicly that other people who'd experienced the mega-ban had contacted Microsoft support "and had no luck".

He says he's not going to appeal the ban.

There aint Clan support yet in the game, rumoured to be coming via DL, but at launch the game will not have Clan support.

WHAT! Halo without clans? Bungie dont love us anymore, who cares about crappy lets share our videos of killing 15 people in teamball, when the simple thing of clans isntincluded, the banter and feel will be lost immediately I can see it now.

Parties and shite are still there atleast :D Just pretend we are a clan :)

Aussie Halo 3 hits eBay
>> From xbox360.ign.com:
An enterprising (or should that be thieving) Aussie has somehow managed to get his mitts on two retail PAL copies of Halo 3, which he promptly placed on eBay. It's obvious they're the Australian versions, thanks to the whopping big OFLC rating on the front cover (it's an M by the way - doh, no high-level MA15+ violence this time around!)

The games sold at first bid for AU$149 - only fifty Australian bucks more for the privilege of playing it a fortnight earlier than the rest of us. We rang Microsoft to see if they'd despatched robotic ninjas with laser eyes to track down the culprits of the leak, and were met with a staunch "No Comment". When quizzed about whether Microsoft would ban the Xbox Live account of any user found to be playing Halo 3 online earlier than the launch date, the same "No Comment" answer was forthcoming.

Looks like you will be seeing people on it in the next fews days

I'm a big halo fan - enjoyed both the previous games immensely - but i am massively disapointed with the graphics on this "next gen" version. it looks so similar to halo 2 in HD its embarassing. Bunjie are batting off the back of their loyal fan base and I have a feeling it will backfire. my 360 burned out - and i was going to buy an elite for this game but now there is no way i will invest. i just wonder how many people - honestly - feel so let down with the graphics. in this day and age i cant see how anyone can argue that the graphics arent substandard. shocking really. gears is levels ahead of this - and i believe will remain the benchmark for the time being. what a fall from grace from microsofts biggest franchise.

never had the chance to play any of the previous parts so i'm really glad i can finally give this concept a shot...:)

but i am massively disapointed with the graphics on this "next gen" version. it looks so similar to halo 2 in HD its embarassing.

The lighting effects are absolutely incredible, it is the first game I have seen which looks like everything should be where it is. It was never going to go super realistic as it is stylised.

I respect your opinion but I find it extremely dissapointing that you dismiss the game because it doesn't look as good as you hoped. Like we have said soooo many times before, it is the gameplay that counts.

I agree gameplay is 100% the main factor in any game...and i fully expect the third instalment to be a top tier gameplay experience - no argument there. I'm just very disapointed with the graphics - as i said. in this day and age i expected more, i just hope the gameplay and design is where the effort has gone. im sure this will be the case. halo 4 will bring the full package!!

on the lighting - and to some degrees the effects (bubble shield etc) -the do look fantastic. so why leave the old gen textures...i think it is the textures that are disapointing me!!

Its true looks like Halo 2 HD, probably play like Halo 2.5 but its new and will be as fun aswell always!

This was gonna be the 360 selling game, but its no where near as improved as it should be, for it being THE XBOX game, you would of expected it to show what the 360 can really do graphically especially, but it hasnt done that. Theres no real chance it will improve in final game, so it does look very nice, but could be soooo soo much better, although its probably one of those things you got to see on your screen to see how ncie it is, but I played the Beta and it was practically H2 in HD.

For me nothing has come close to the gameplay of multiplayer Halo 2 since 2004, so "2.5" doesn't bother me.

Single player is going to be huge from what I've read, they really focused on the LIVE aspect for Halo 2, can't believe they've improved that area too.

Can't wait for this game!

FFS if there is one thing I hate, it is the .5 tags to games. If we were to apply that philosophy to PES we would be on PES 1.798.

Haha offcourse it is Halo 3, but from the Beta I had played it looked more like Halo 2 in HD, although it did look very very very nice still, as I like Bungies style, also I said it will play like Halo 2.5 which is actually kind of true, it plays the same type of game (on about multiplayer) which is DEFINATELY not a bad thing, more good if anything, but slightly improved and different, not different enough to make it a different game, controls are different, like RB and LB used to pick up weapons and X for bubble shield and what have you, in no way do I mean the game is like a updated version haha!

I seen PES get stick for that, but tbh every PES I have played the gameplay hasalways been different, be it, faster, slower, players can dribble better, ones more of passing game. But this isnt about PES.

And LemonJelly, but then that wouldnt be a .5 tag for PES that would be a .798 surely? :D

Either way this will be HALO 3 (THREE).

Ive seen this stuff about 4 player co-op but is this online only, or can it be offline aswell with 3 mates say? Also can we be Elites in multiplayer still or has it changes, so we can only change the helmet type?

Last edited:
As far as I am aware you can still be the elites in multiplayer, you can play the campaign co-op 2 player offline on one console, 4 player over Xbox Live, and 4 player with two system linked consoles (2 players on each).

The introduction of the equipment should really help differentiate the multiplayer from Halo 2, and the selection of options and modes are incredible. Forge alone has the potential to make online multiplayer games very, very interesting especially when playing with a group of friends.

Forge thats the thing to alter the maps isnt it, I havent heard much about it, what types of things can you do? If its even that...

This is gonna be amazing.

Shame its not 4 player co-op from one screen :( Arewell, you reckon you can do, 2 from one console with another 2 on xbox live?

Atleast its not gonna be delayed and stuff like Halo 2 was, that was agonising, I remember getting it at 1am from GAME haha. They sold it at midnight, everwhere was Halo 2, Halo 2, cut out thing, Halo 2 bag, Halo 2 XBOX Live account, wonder if they will do it again...

Talking about Movie, whats happening about the Halo Movie.

Went into GAME today, got heavenly sword, saw Halo 3 there, pre-order, 26th september release date, ooooooooh can tell you now cant wait for this :D Comes out on a wednesday and wednesday I have half a day so its all goooood :D

Forge thats the thing to alter the maps isnt it, I havent heard much about it, what types of things can you do? If its even that...

This is gonna be amazing.

Shame its not 4 player co-op from one screen :( Arewell, you reckon you can do, 2 from one console with another 2 on xbox live?

I would think that 2 players on a console and 2 on Live would be possible. I'm not certain though.

The most interesting thing I find about Forge is that not only is it a map editor, of sorts, but you can edit things in real time as a match is happening. So, you could have like a 4 v 4 Slayer game going on but each side could have someone dedicated to editing the properties of the map, dropping in ammo, weapons or vehicles. Or even, adding or removing items in the map to make barriers or obstruct the other side.

There's a decent video demonstration up on youtube somewhere, I will see if I can find it again.

Here it is: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=F77i0Rd_z7Q

Last edited:
Luckily I was skimming through and thats the only words I remember, looks like I aint coming back on for Halo 3 news (besides here) until after campaign is completed :D

Edited by LemonJelly

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom