JLWE2007CC - News/Discussions Official Thread

There are numerous occassions during every match where super-cancel simply does not work. Your guy regularly goes into scripted runs for all sorts of reasons, sometimes you can super-cancel him out of it and gain some vague control of him, sometimes you cannot do anything until that particular scripted run has finished.

It is the way it has been ever since they introduced super-cancel.

use L1 + direction + super cancel .
L1 make you able to move the camera in the direction you've choosen .

If R1 + R2 is super-cancel then, Pogoss, that is exactly what I was doing, but on a few occasions I can't stop running in the opposite direction (and on almost every occasion, I will run towards the ball in the air to head it when I'm desperate to run away from it).

You can call me a liar if you want to but I'm only saying what I'm experiencing. Which is a nightmare because I was really enjoying Fantasista mode, but I can't put up with my player not responding to my controls for 10% of the game.

Last edited:
Never Used Super cancel dont even know what it is.
Not joking by the have always played every pes game in normal camera mode and just use the D-pad the 4 buttons and R1.
Still too easy

If R1 + R2 is super-cancel then, Pogoss, that is exactly what I was doing, but on a few occasions I can't stop running in the opposite direction (and on almost every occasion, I will run towards the ball in the air to head it when I'm desperate to run away from it).

You can call me a liar if you want to but I'm only saying what I'm experiencing. Which is a nightmare because I was really enjoying Fantasista mode, but I can't put up with my player not responding to my controls for 10% of the game.
why would I call you I liar ? we're talking about a game I don't see any reason for to lye .
I think it's a matter of timing , I make the super cancel pretty early so I can position my self where I want . maybe it's the reason I don't have this problem .

Last edited:
lol congrats although i think you might have got lucky i have been trying to do same thing.

There forcefield still around the keeper (header wise) but it appears to be more random then previous games. :)

Last edited:
Does anyone else have problems with lagging when you use the default camera mode? Sometimes it slows down a lot when I get into a lot of action.. Maybe it's because I am playing the patched DVD on my old ps2. I didn't notice much lag on the original disk on the ps3..

Yes I notice a bit of slow down I have original game and a Japanese PS2, this is my only prob with Fantasista mode though. At the mo I play for Sendai who were the mid team I could choose. I have played about 10 games I think and been benched in a few but normally come on. Only once or twice I have not been in the main team or subs. I play SMF and they stick me on right or left midfield. I got sent off in my first game and in another game dropped for no reason but besides that it's going well.

I think this WE is awesome and the extra modes are good so far, I have no complaints besides no Adidas boots, and non licensed Premiership teams. Took me about 4 hours then 2 hours the next day to edit the kits as I do and do most of the main transfers.

I played my bro a bit had some good games and enjoyed them the passing and shooting is def better as well, no matter what anyone says. Big thumbs up from me if this is what PS3 Winning Eleven will be like plus a lick of paint that's good enough for me.

Yes I notice a bit of slow down I have original game and a Japanese PS2, this is my only prob with Fantasista mode though. At the mo I play for Sendai who were the mid team I could choose. I have played about 10 games I think and been benched in a few but normally come on. Only once or twice I have not been in the main team or subs. I play SMF and they stick me on right or left midfield. I got sent off in my first game and in another game dropped for no reason but besides that it's going well.

I think this WE is awesome and the extra modes are good so far, I have no complaints besides no Adidas boots, and non licensed Premiership teams. Took me about 4 hours then 2 hours the next day to edit the kits as I do and do most of the main transfers.

I played my bro a bit had some good games and enjoyed them the passing and shooting is def better as well, no matter what anyone says. Big thumbs up from me if this is what PS3 Winning Eleven will be like plus a lick of paint that's good enough for me.

Definitely agree with you. I think that this is the best WE/PES so far as the gameplay goes. The animations and movements while shooting and passing are much more deliberate. It also seems that body mass plays a huge part in gaining possession of the ball. I am absolutely loving Fantasista mode as I am hooked right now. I am on Chievo and we were down as much as 14 pts but the coach began playing me regularly and we won the scudetto on the last day. I think I'm going to stay at least for this upcoming season and defend the title. I also bumped up the level to the hardest level that I bought in the WE-Shop. Great game!

I'm in my 3rd season and what a season it has been so far! Joined Hollyhook(sp?) and enjoyed a good spell with 4 goals and 2 assists. Half way through got offers (including J1) which i repeatedly rejected as i thought we had a good chance to promote sitting in 6th and 10 points away from 3rd. 3 weeks later i recieved a tempting offer (to me that is) from a J1 team that was battling relegation. I found that pretty interesting and a great challenge. Joined them and did my best but unfortunately we were relegated by a 3 point difference. Twas a good challenge really. Now that i'm back to J2 i'm being bombarded with offers from J1 and J2 teams but i'm not joining any and sticking to the relegated team. From my point of view we should have a better chance at promoting plus i already earned a special place in their hearts :cool: My player's stats are improved atm with some 80's here and there. Aiming to top J2 and bag the silverware and earn promotion. Then hopefully next season we do well in J1 because right after that is when my contract will expire and should be the right time to join a decent European team.
Good luck everyone with fantasista :D

What difficulty is everyone playing Fantasista on?
I think I'm on 5*(started it without a translation patch) and have only scored 4 goals in 2 years :(

Moved clubs again to another J2 team(could have gone J1, but I'd never have got a game) as I was fed up with drawing every game 0-0 with my old team :D

I've just started a ML with RC Lens last night and picked a Euro League setup. It's quite nice setup, you don't have any teams from other countries coming into your league or anything like that; it's just like league mode, except it's a ML. :)

Can someone anyone explain the European and World championship system for me? Is it like the top two goes into the Europe, 3rd and 4th go to qualifers. I presume the World championship is like the World Club Cup (because i noticed African and South Amercian sides in the tournament fixture)?

Yes mate 1st and 2nd for CL and 3rd and 4th for UEFA cup, but honestly i think it is more than just 4 teams, look at the colours next to each team then you'd have an idea how many teams go to CL and UEFA cup. As for World champ you have to be CL winner to participate.

Jesus, what a fucking disaster. The AI is utter shit. This game is completely devoid of gameplay. The amount of SCRIPTED GARBAGE is unbelievable. Talk about a game that has completely died, rigor mortis has well and truly set in and the stench is fucking awful.

I almost admire Nokamim for having the courage to release such a pile of stinking crap and ask for money for it. To think that some poor fuckers actually handed over cash for this wank.

And to think that reviewers are having trouble distinguishing between PES2008 and this shite. Seabass is finally fucked :lmao:.

Jesus, what a fucking disaster. The AI is utter shit. This game is completely devoid of gameplay. The amount of SCRIPTED GARBAGE is unbelievable. Talk about a game that has completely died, rigor mortis has well and truly set in and the stench is fucking awful.

I almost admire Nokamim for having the courage to release such a pile of stinking crap and ask for money for it. To think that some poor fuckers actually handed over cash for this wank.

And to think that reviewers are having trouble distinguishing between PES2008 and this shite. Seabass is finally fucked :lmao:.

So you're undecided then?!!?

So if you didn't pay for this how did you get to play it?

I don't mind people having problems with certain games but what really does piss me off is people who download games off the net and then have the cheek to complain about the quality of the game etc etc

Don't worry mate, I know exactly what you mean.

This exact thing is in PES5/WE9 aswell, as most know.
My favourite is when you L1 to another player, and immediately hold Supercancel (which is my default buttonpress for most situations... :)) to move the player left, and the first thing he does is take a leap 9 feet to the right, before breaking and moving in the opposite, proper, direction.

I hope they have cleaned up PES2008 really good. I can honestly say that I encourage people not to buy it but to rent or otherwise try it out before you buy it. I didn't buy PES6, and I am glad I didn't. PES5 I still own and quite happy about still after a couple of years.

Though after most people saying how much like PES6 it is, I am currently for the first time since I started playing PES looking forward to FIFA08 more (can you say analog aim and power for throughballs? ;)) since I also deep down know that KONAMI won't get much done for PES2008, like all years, I have hoped for a long while but I have realized they are actually working as fast as they can, which is kind of sad considering the money they are raking in.

Last edited:
@Trance_Allstar

(can you say analog aim and power for throughballs? )

Oh.. analog aim..you mean when you use the left analog stick rather than the d-pad when playing so as to get better aim and more aftertouch for your shots? And with power for throughballs you mean when you press and hold the :triangle: for longer harder throughballs right? (Or just use the manual pass with the right analog stick.) :applause:

Or didn't you know you could do that?

Those options have been in WE since the first game.. Maybe you should read the manual. Or maybe you don't get the manual when downloading games.. ;)

Last edited:
Oh.. analog aim..you mean when you use the left analog stick rather than the d-pad when playing so as to get better aim and more aftertouch for your shots? And with power for throughballs you mean when you press and hold the :triangle: for longer harder throughballs right? (Or just use the manual pass with the right analog stick.) :applause:

Or didn't you know you could do that?

Those options have been in WE since the first game.. Maybe you should read the manual. Or maybe you don't get the manual when downloading games.. ;)

Hehe, actually I am well aware of the So called "Manual Pass" in PES, which is made using the Right analog stick. ;)

Problem is, it isn't analog. So right there, it is inferios to FIFAs system. It is 8 way, or at most 16-way directional resolution, which isn't enough to properly guide passes or longpasses accurately over long distances.

Furthermore, it is completely weird to use the Right analog stick for something like this. FIFA does it right, by simply making the left analog stick be analog, and making the throughball button have a powerbar. KONAMIs system is a shoddy compromise that is ultimately completely poor for anything.

Also, consider that if I also am using the Right Analog Stick to dribble and do flick-ups and roulettes, I also need to press the stick down (R3 button) to activate the pass mode, which makes it even more unnatural to use. There is a throughball button (:triangle:), that should be analog. Also using the Through Ball button rather than the Manual Pass Stick has different impacts on how the receiver of the pass reacts. Using the Throughball button, the player will run after the ball immediately. If you use the Right Analog Stick, you often need to manually switch to the proper player, and then move him yourself towards the ball, since the "Through Ball behavior" of a player to run and intercept the ball immediately isn't triggered.

Besides, as I mentioned, the Right Analog Stick Manual Passes isn't analog (nothing in PES is) so regardless it isn't a valid system imo.

i played 4 seasons now, champions of first Division with Tokiyo FC,my player is 20 yeard old, higest score after a match i got was a 8.0 score,but still no EU clubs are interested in me,
im getting tired of the japanse league
I have some questions for u guys
for getting relegated to a EU league

-is it bad when u skip matches(when your on the bench)
-is it ok to move club to club,or stick to 1 club and try to win much as possible with the club.
-gettings relegated to EU club is effected by ur stats and preformance

Hi everybody....

I just have one question
is is normal that transfers are not on air ???
I mean Henry still at arsenal.. saviola still at barcelone...malouda and abidal still at lyon... ribery still at marseille... etc etc...

i played 4 seasons now, champions of first Division with Tokiyo FC,my player is 20 yeard old, higest score after a match i got was a 8.0 score,but still no EU clubs are interested in me,

-is it ok to move club to club,or stick to 1 club and try to win much as possible with the club.
-gettings relegated to EU club is effected by ur stats and preformance[/QUOTE

I think you have to stay with Tokyo right now and continue to play well and the offer will come from Europe unless you chose the option to not receive offers from Europe.

I think it's bad to skip matches when you're on the bench because you don't receive experience points.

I think it's more important to stay with a club that is successful because you get more exposure.
This is only my opinion as I don't know for sure but this is what has worked for me so far.
I hope this helps.

-gettings relegated to EU club is effected by ur stats and preformance

Same happened to me no offers yet from Europe strange i have done pretty well maybe in a while im in 2010 now. :)

Maybe manager blocking transfer requests lol.

Last edited:
no problem man. I just left Chievo for OL in France. The reason why I left was because Chievo is really bad and I wasn't getting any offers from the big Italian clubs and OL is ranked 11th in the world. In my first game I scored two goals as a substitute. It seems like it's easier to play in France and my teammates are much better at passing and building up attacks. I'm hoping that AC Milan will give me an offer if I play well.
I'm in 2011-2012 right now and playing on 5*.
I haven't patched the game yet as I am waiting for a more complete patch by Fernando(a legend by the way) so it's very difficult for me to understand everything that I need to do.
What level are you playing on?

Back
Top Bottom