JLWE2007CC - News/Discussions Official Thread

Fantasie mode is fun when youre alone
but this release is very dissapointing
i will play pes 6 till pes 2008 will come out on the ps2
hopefully some new gameplay elements and some real updated transfers and stats
because this release isn't really a release
it's just like a option files in my eyes.

Sorry, it was pointless, admittedly. But it makes me laugh that a certain member has to try and "cancel out" every negative comment about the game as if he makes it himself, despite the fact that everyone should be allowed to give their opinion and just leave it at that. I am actually loving the game, in Fantasista mode particularly (but I'm noticing the shots do still balloon over the bar way too often).

Fantasista mode seems rather thin on substance.

I would be preferrable to be given a team-talk with instructions before each match, so you know what your role is supposed to be.

I joined Mito Hollyhock, the weakest team in the game and my ML team from WE10JL. Any match I get picked, I'm clearly the star player, we win every match and I always score and provide some assists. Yet I'm always dropped next match and spend 4-6 games out of the squad, where Mito lose every match. I'm finally brought back into the team, we win, I'm the star, I'm dropped next match, the team go on a losing streak....the cycle continues.

It would be nice to think there was some real substance to the programming but it feels like the most basic implementation they could possibly get away with with no real AI to the management aspect. It's almost as if it's scripted that you get dropped after 1 match, no matter how you perform...but surely not. Konami and scripted gameplay? It could never happen.

And given fixed cursor mode already existed, so they didn't even have to program anew that aspect of the on-pitch gameplay, it makes it seem like even less effort was actually afforded to this game mode.

It's there, but only just.

Sorry, it was pointless, admittedly. But it makes me laugh that a certain member has to try and "cancel out" every negative comment about the game as if he makes it himself, despite the fact that everyone should be allowed to give their opinion and just leave it at that. I am actually loving the game, in Fantasista mode particularly (but I'm noticing the shots do still balloon over the bar way too often).

everyone else should be able to give there opinion but me... thats exactly what your saying...

good one jack, way to contradict yourself

abishek gave an opinoin and then i responded with mine that somewhat contradicted his, but im not doing it for the sake of contridicting him. i truly beleive everything i posted. And i guess i get frustrated when people dont see the game as i see it.... i dont know how two gamers can look at the same game and come to such different conclusions... but this happens with alot of games i suppose

Last edited:
you all enjoy fantasista??? omg

i usually play only in multiplayer ... fantasista is a good idea, but what about the ai in it??? its a complete joke!!! they have only scored by corner or crossing except for once and what are they playin while im on and off the field??? hahahaha omg i can only laugh when i see the com playin in fantasista (they play better in normal mode!!!)

is there any option to set up formation??? because when i joined a club they usually play 4-4-2 and after a few games change to 4-5-1 and never change it again ... its so frustrating (was transfered to 4 clubs now and all do the same, thats shite)

now im in first division in japan, managed to promote last year ingame

fantasista is a very good idea but it has to be improved a lot!!!

(sry 4 bad english :D)

Last edited:
True, the AI is unbelievably poor. I never choose to watch the matches I'm not in the squad for but when I've had the misfortune to be picked on the subs-bench, so have to watch your team play (at least in Benny-Hill mode), it's like the game just completely disables the players abilities at times. Particularly in defence where they will literally stand and watch as the cpu team walk through an score.

Another thing that was very disappointing was when, having become fed up with always being dropped after one match with Mito, despite being the star player, half-way through the season I transferred to a team sitting comfortably in 3rd, only 1 point off the top and with a gap of about 10 points to 4th, with an excellent record. As soon as I join (even though I'm not even on the subs bench) they go on this implausible losing streak, losing to all the teams, even those at the bottom of the league, clearly designed to stop me getting promoted in my first season. Sure enough, we were soon down in mid-table.

Yet another gameplay feature ruined by their insistence on trying to script everything in to an exciting storyline.

How you guys doing so well with so low stats ? are you actually playing on top difficulty. ?

Maybe its just me and im trying to get used to not controlling whole team. I have been playing on top player and when i have been playing poor i have been dropped and when i have played well kept me in. Although there has been variations in that it does appear to be quite random.

Also what camera do you guys use i cant get used to default so gone out to Wide Ball.

Fantasista mode seems rather thin on substance.

I would be preferrable to be given a team-talk with instructions before each match, so you know what your role is supposed to be.

I joined Mito Hollyhock, the weakest team in the game and my ML team from WE10JL. Any match I get picked, I'm clearly the star player, we win every match and I always score and provide some assists. Yet I'm always dropped next match and spend 4-6 games out of the squad, where Mito lose every match. I'm finally brought back into the team, we win, I'm the star, I'm dropped next match, the team go on a losing streak....the cycle continues.

It would be nice to think there was some real substance to the programming but it feels like the most basic implementation they could possibly get away with with no real AI to the management aspect. It's almost as if it's scripted that you get dropped after 1 match, no matter how you perform...but surely not. Konami and scripted gameplay? It could never happen.

And given fixed cursor mode already existed, so they didn't even have to program anew that aspect of the on-pitch gameplay, it makes it seem like even less effort was actually afforded to this game mode.

It's there, but only just.

I scored my first and only hattrick against mito hollyhock :mrgreen:
How you guys doing so well with so low stats ? are you actually playing on top difficulty. ?

Maybe its just me and im trying to get used to not controlling whole team. I have been playing on top player and when i have been playing poor i have been dropped and when i have played well kept me in. Although there has been variations in that it does appear to be quite random.

Also what camera do you guys use i cant get used to default so gone out to Wide Ball.
you're used to play only with manchester united aren't you ? :lol:

you're used to play only with manchester united aren't you ? :lol:

Actually no i played with many teams and played game for a long time. :)

I have mostly played multiplayer though about 8 30 min matches twice a week with friend for many years now. Sometimes more games then that i feel where Pro Evo is best is to play against Human opponents. :)

Actually no i played with many teams and played game for a long time. :)

I have mostly played multiplayer though about 8 30 min matches twice a week with friend for many years now. Sometimes more games then that i feel where Pro Evo is best is to play against Human opponents. :)

that's true .

got this today and its BS!!

Transfers from Jan 07 are not done which is a joke. How could Konami be so lazy?

Also it seems you cannot upload the option file from WE10 J-League 06/07. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the place to do this.

Last edited:

Transfers from Jan 07 are not done which is a joke. How could Konami be so lazy?

Also it seems you cannot upload the option file from WE10 J-League 06/07. I have looked everywhere and cannot find the place to do this.

i could have sworn ronaldo is at AC...

BUT who cares, i mean im pretty sure konami realizes that everyone is going to use option files, so in a week or two we will have all the transfers...

I've had the AI pull off some unbelievable stuff in Fantasista mode.

One time i headed the ball from a corner kick out of my box and some AI player volleyed the ball from a fair distance out and it rocketed into the top corner.

Other bits and bobs, ive had my ai team pull off little chips over the advancing keeper, attempted overhead kicks, diving headers, long range shots (though only a handfull) play some great through balls which ive scored from and made some brilliant runs around players.

But ive also had the 'AI runs down the wing... you're in the box screaming for a cross and then they boot the ball back to the halfway line. I guess they used the England team tactics when programming the AI for this game.

Other annoying bits... 90% of the time if i TAP the shoot button the shot will ZOOOOM over the bar. the other 10% i do manage to force the game to let me do what im wanting to do.

eg.

You'll be 1 on 1 with the keeper and you'll want to side foot it past him into the HUGE gap on the right side.

90% of the time you tap shoot and sorta aim your controls and hope the shot will go in that direction. What happened it either a crappy chip shot or you balloon it over the top.

10% of the time you can force the game to aim at the gap.

But it shouldnt feel like you have to force it - PES was always better than fifa because it felt like it read your mind when it came to shooting. You'd see a gap, you'd tap shoot hoping to place the ball in that space and the game would do that.

Here its random - a tap sometimes equals a blast over the top and other times its a side foot shot with no power at all.

I have fallen foul to the annoying 'dropped' thing as well.

It makes no sense - you'll play and do great, then you're dropped then next game.

I've scored 3 and set up 2 and then i found myself dropped for the next few games. Not even a sub!

One other annoying thing ive ran into it a lot of times the AI will drop me - the match will start and we'll be 1-0 down... then they bring me on as a striker (im set as a OMF) and expect me to win it for them.

This happens too often for it not to be scripted into the game mode.

Fantasista is the future but it needs some real work

I've had the AI pull off some unbelievable stuff in Fantasista mode.

One time i headed the ball from a corner kick out of my box and some AI player volleyed the ball from a fair distance out and it rocketed into the top corner.

Other bits and bobs, ive had my ai team pull off little chips over the advancing keeper, attempted overhead kicks, diving headers, long range shots (though only a handfull) play some great through balls which ive scored from and made some brilliant runs around players.

But ive also had the 'AI runs down the wing... you're in the box screaming for a cross and then they boot the ball back to the halfway line. I guess they used the England team tactics when programming the AI for this game.

Other annoying bits... 90% of the time if i TAP the shoot button the shot will ZOOOOM over the bar. the other 10% i do manage to force the game to let me do what im wanting to do.

eg.

You'll be 1 on 1 with the keeper and you'll want to side foot it past him into the HUGE gap on the right side.

90% of the time you tap shoot and sorta aim your controls and hope the shot will go in that direction. What happened it either a crappy chip shot or you balloon it over the top.

10% of the time you can force the game to aim at the gap.

But it shouldnt feel like you have to force it - PES was always better than fifa because it felt like it read your mind when it came to shooting. You'd see a gap, you'd tap shoot hoping to place the ball in that space and the game would do that.

Here its random - a tap sometimes equals a blast over the top and other times its a side foot shot with no power at all.

It makes no sense - you'll play and do great, then you're dropped then next game.

I've scored 3 and set up 2 and then i found myself dropped for the next few games. Not even a sub!

One other annoying thing ive ran into it a lot of times the AI will drop me - the match will start and we'll be 1-0 down... then they bring me on as a striker (im set as a OMF) and expect me to win it for them.

This happens too often for it not to be scripted into the game mode.

Fantasista is the future but it needs some real work

well said ... im omf too and they bring me on the field in first half as striker but always on 4-5-1 formation (i absolutely hate this formation)

fantasista very good feature, but has to be improved A LOT!!!

Guys how do you set it so I dont have to watch every match Im not involved in? Im playing through my PS3 so cant patch.

Any screen grabs would be awesome.

Cheers

the transfers of J-league are done till July though .

Guys how do you set it so I dont have to watch every match Im not involved in? Im playing through my PS3 so cant patch.

Any screen grabs would be awesome.

Cheers
after a training you have to choose the option on the right .

I have been playing fantasista since saturday night and I really don't understand all the negativity here. I think it's great though difficult and I agree that the AI does funny stuff at times but overall I think it's a great addition to the game. Seems most people are too busy finding things to complain about rather than to try play the game and enjoy.
Regarding the crazy shots the player sometimes make I guess that's because he's a 17 yr old player.
Take a look at the premier league players.. How many shots does actually hit the goal in a match? They are seasoned players practising just about every day for many many years. You start as a 17 year old japanese boy trying out for a 2nd division team. In a country that has had a National football league just over 14-15 years. I think it's quite realistic that he can't shoot like Gerrard or Beckham or whoever..
At least after 5 seasons my guy has improved a lot and I enjoy it a lot more now. The first 2 season it was like playing Brazil on the maximum difficulty with Iorga and the rest of the default ML team from Pes5.. I almost broke the ps2 in half and was at times happy to sit out games to get some more training. After a few seasons I moved up to a regular spot on the 1st team at Yokohama Marinos in the 1st division and my stats are getting real good. (I am playing at the maximum difficulty level.)
Still no bids from European clubs though.

I find the R2 button very important for getting the passes when I need them (I didn't know before I read it here..) and after I got some improved shooting stats the R2 (while shooting) really helped my game.

About the people crying over the lack of European team updates I think they should take the game for what it is. A japanese release. For Japanese people living in Japan.. Following J-League. As I have been following J-League since 2001 this game is the best in the series for me.. (I never play with European clubs anyway..that is unless I get sold to one in Fantasista :D )

Just my 5 cents

Oh.. by the way..

@Radiation

In my opinion this is sometimes because you need to rest. If you check the other players as well it isn't just you being benched now and then. And to me that makes sense. If you are playing while fatigued you are more prone to injuries. But I do think there are some repetitive managerial choices here as well. And I also think they put in a couple of these things to get variation too. Like when you are on the bench but never get to play. You're just hoping to get on..but never get the chance. I think it adds to the realism. To me it also seems to depend on how the match goes. If you are an OMF and your team is 2-0 up 25 mins into the second half it makes sense for the manager to put on a DMF and not an OMF or FW.

I HAVE noticed a couple of things that tend to happen a lot. I either start the match.. and I am subbed at about 75 min's into the game OR I will start on the bench and I come on at start of the second half just to be substituted at about 75 min's. Is it even legal to substitute a substitute? hmmm.... :shock: Anyway..these 2 incidents seem to happen exactly like this in many many games.

@bbc.alster

im omf too and they bring me on the field in first half as striker but always on 4-5-1 formation (i absolutely hate this formation)

I had a spell with a 2nd division team where the manager just loved the 4-5-1 but after half a season I was bought by another team and I am now enjoying a midfield position in a 4-4-2 formation.

Last edited:
im now at 4th season and all the clubs i joined changed formation to 4-5-1 after a few games ... i dont know, maybe because i choosed OMF as position when i created my character

I just remembered.. When you start the Fantasista mode, and you get the option to adjust your player, there was also an option to "base your player" on another player. I looked around a bit and chose Kubo from Yokohama FC and I ended up with a 17 year old player looking like Kubo but with the stats of a 17 year old. Anybody else tried this? I opted to cancel and continue with the original 17 year old you have from default..and just edited his physical appearance.
Maybe you just get that players looks and still end up with the default stats. I am not sure. I just got curious if any other people out there have tried it out?

I;ve tried it out with Cristiano Ronaldo and all i got was his physial app. not stats.

i moaned about formations (always 4-5-1 and so on) but now im @ yokohama f. marinos and i enjoy playin it ... actually im now striker from beginning (!) sometimes and they havent changed the formation yet (i hope they keep playin 4-4-2 and wont change after a few games more :D)

but still waiting 4 offers from europe, think i have to develop my player a bit more

Last edited:
In a country that has had a National football league just over 14-15 years. I think it's quite realistic that he can't shoot like Gerrard or Beckham or whoever..
J-league became pro 14 years ago but it doesn't mean it didn't exist before .
At least after 5 seasons my guy has improved a lot and I enjoy it a lot more now. The first 2 season it was like playing Brazil on the maximum difficulty with Iorga and the rest of the default ML team from Pes5.. I almost broke the ps2 in half and was at times happy to sit out games to get some more training. After a few seasons I moved up to a regular spot on the 1st team at Yokohama Marinos in the 1st division and my stats are getting real good. (I am playing at the maximum difficulty level.)
Still no bids from European clubs though.
you're already there ? I'm in my second season .
I find the R2 button very important for getting the passes when I need them (I didn't know before I read it here..) and after I got some improved shooting stats the R2 (while shooting) really helped my game.
I can't imagine people playing without the R2 button . as far as I'm concerned , I'm already used to play in fixed mode with this camera since pes4 and this R2 was already there .
In my opinion this is sometimes because you need to rest. If you check the other players as well it isn't just you being benched now and then.
J2 has a lot of games (48) and in real life they change the squad quite often .
I'm just disapointed on the stats . players like moriwaki (ehime) and Hulk (tokyo verdy) are underrated and others are too overrated . but the most annoying is when the stats are for a completely different profile and the position is wrong especially for defenders (sb to cb and opposite is a common mistake) .

Last edited:
why do they put a option in it to choose whether you accept or decline offers from european leagues or not???

ok im in forth season now (mrparanoid has played 5 seasons and nothing happens)

if i have played my tenth season and still no offers from europe, i would give it up :D

edit: i cant believe it, they changed formation to 4-5-1 again after 6 or 7 games, thx 4 script nokami ... hope they improve it next fantasista @pes2008 (at least a new 4-5-1 i havent seen yet :D)

Last edited:
Oh, I have not seen that option. Are you sure it is true? Maybe Fernando makes a mess of his translation :lol:.

I have decided to play in this mode and stick with it for the long haul to see what happens.

But the AI of my team mates is, at times, the worst I have ever seen. I pass the ball to my team-mate striker right in front of goal, I am already celebrating the goal, but he decides to run away from the ball. Seabass is some weird guy....he makes some of the best football simulation ever, and some of the worst.

Back
Top Bottom