Manchester City Thread

lol sunday was comedy central at the COMS..

also its been reported that Manchester City played pre-recorded crowd chants during Sunday's home game against Bolton in a bid to improve the atmosphere. (Daily Mirror)

anyone confirm this??

jamie_mack said:
Not during but before! insted of the old chart music blasting through the tannoy we had crowd chants, i thought it worked quite well, weve still not got the atmosphere that we had at Maine Rd...

its cos they split so many people up, my mates are always moaning that they have to sit with numpties now whearas @ maine road all the rowdy ones sat together...

That Bolton game was nothing short of a Shakespearean tragedy. lol. I couldnt believe how many times they hit the post. Clear MOTM performance by the crossbar and posts, eh?

Reyna looked so smooooove and he and Barton played well together. Musampa needs to learn how to shoot with his right foot. Especially as he seems to find himself cutting in centrally quite a bit.

Dunne needs to have one of his hands cut off to learn him a lesson.

jamie_mack said:
well at least we can concentrate on the league now...........:roll:

lol yeah!!!

seems like normal service has resumed at siddy...

as usual siddy are on a come down after their "cup final" at OT two weeks back after that wondereful "point" they got of us they've lost two on the bounce.

Well you will see when you move to a new stadium, the atmosphere will be nothing like what it is at Anfield now, most teams that move to new stadiums struggle to replace it, Im all for it!

Good to see us back in wiining ways although the performance left a lot to be desired i for one really do wish i stayed at home to watch it.. Plenty of positves to be taken a Danny Mills wonder strike, Andy Cole back (never thought id hear myself saying thats a positive) and Stephen Ireland, what a player this lads going to be and at 17 definalty one to watch!!!

jamie_mack said:
Good to see us back in wiining ways although the performance left a lot to be desired i for one really do wish i stayed at home to watch it.. Plenty of positves to be taken a Danny Mills wonder strike, Andy Cole back (never thought id hear myself saying thats a positive) and Stephen Ireland, what a player this lads going to be and at 17 definalty one to watch!!!

Ireland's actually 19, the programme had the wrong D.O.B in it, as does everywhere else it seems. I enjoyed the game, first have was hard to watch but second was enjoyable. Ireland though is a very awesome prospect for the future.

I was right behind the goal for Mills' - perfect angle ;)

mikemcenroe said:
first half we weren't that good, cahill and neville were breaking up all our moves, as soon as joeyb smacked into neville just after half time , neville disappeared from the game and that freed up space for joey and Ireland

on a side note, anyone heard this from the other numpty brother

http://media.putfile.com/THEGARYNEVILLECONVERSATION

ooooh what a hard man
ok like you wouldnt be pissed if someone kid was calling your cell phone constantly, knowing the kid was probably giving it out to everyone, and that you would have to change your cell number, and tell probably 100's of peopole that your number has changend, it really does suck, trust me man, i have lost cell phone or too and you lose contact with people when this happens.... i would be pissed too

I think this will be the best place for this. It's from football 365's mediawatch.

Christmas Star
Sorry we're late with this, but it's just too good to leave out. Mediawatch has every sympathy for the hacks at both the Daily Star and the Sky Sports website, both of whom ran stories last week on Portsmouth's intention to sign up Kiki Musampa's brother, Kriss.

Kriss Musampa. Whoever started that rumour, Mediawatch doffs our cap to you.

A Manchester City spokesman kindly confirmed:

"Of course, no such player exists."

Another good display probably the best weve played this season imo, ome of the movment was excellent. Musampa had by far his best performance in a city shirt he seemed to cause problems for West Ham every time he had the ball.

Andy Cole what can you say, talk about rolling back the clock great goal! Im now full of optimism for next weeks trip to Highbury, we did well down there last year and in current form why shoudnt we fancy it.....Saying that Henry and Campbell could be back!

jamie_mack said:
Another good display probably the best weve played this season imo, ome of the movment was excellent. Musampa had by far his best performance in a city shirt he seemed to cause problems for West Ham every time he had the ball.

Andy Cole what can you say, talk about rolling back the clock great goal! Im now full of optimism for next weeks trip to Highbury, we did well down there last year and in current form why shoudnt we fancy it.....Saying that Henry and Campbell could be back!

I loved yesterday's game, everytime we went forward i felt confident we'd score, we should of scored 6/7 yesterday.

Musampa i though was ace today, though where i was sitting everyone was giving him stick i thought he'd done himself justice, it really suited him cutting inside and playin the passes more.

Loved it.

I see Pearce was at Charlton vs Fulham last night, so it looks like we will be in for Malbranque again in January hopefully this time with the teams where we are pearce will get his man....

Where about do you sit at Coms numberoneson?

I've been a fan of Steed Malbranque since i first saw him play. Do you think Pearce sees him playing centrally as the long term replacement for Reyna, or out towards the sideline?

I would presume he'd slot into the right hand side we have three central players in Barton, Reyna and now Ireland i think hed fit in perfect the style we are playing.

Talking about Ireland good to see the club have gave him a two year contact, we cant lose anymore of our academy players for next to nothing! Watching Elliot put that goal in against Man Yoo should show that.

Well it all happened last weekend and i missed it all:( I was hoping wed nick a point but hey as pearce is saying we are far from a easy touch anymore!

I dont see what the big fuss with penalty was, Arsenal didnt break any rules so what are were they all complainign about?

Irlemand put pen to paper on a 4 year deal!! i really do rate this lad where the hell has he come from, he didnt look anything special in the reserves! And now Pearce is looking to exstend the impresive Reyna contract shame about giving Sibierski a exstension though...

Villa on Monday should be a home win we usually do well against Villa, and with Cole and Barton in the official OPTA top ten premiership players all is still looking good!

Indeed, though i was reading this morning Nedum's gonna be out for a couple more weeks which i'm assuming means Sommeil will start again - he's been puttin the performances in as of late (against arsenal/in the reserves - where he controlled Borghetti's game against Bolton).

I'm loving watchin City play more than ever at the moment...looking forward to Monday's game singing from the East Stand.

Wow! 4th now im getting a nose bleed but the best thing is its fully deserved! Some of the football in the first half last night was just simply sensational some of the best ive seen this season by ANY team!

All this with half the team coming from the Academy makes you think how we ended up with that debt!

Irelandinho some of his flicks and turns last night were superb, Joey was as good as ever, I thought Jordan had his best game yet for City and Distin wouldnt look out of place at any team!

Just to top it off we move above the rags! :)

jamie_mack said:
Wow! 4th now im getting a nose bleed but the best thing is its fully deserved! Some of the football in the first half last night was just simply sensational some of the best ive seen this season by ANY team!

All this with half the team coming from the Academy makes you think how we ended up with that debt!

Irelandinho some of his flicks and turns last night were superb, Joey was as good as ever, I thought Jordan had his best game yet for City and Distin wouldnt look out of place at any team!

Just to top it off we move above the rags! :)
aston villa was fielding a championship side, cmon man...
when is captain america comming back?

And we were fielding half the academy side csaunders so still great result! We definatly missed Reyna in the second half his control of the game was missing when we needed it!

As for you Vann as you say its only November can you imagine how far well be ahead by May....;) :D

jamie_mack said:
As for you Vann as you say its only November can you imagine how far well be ahead by May....;) :D

lol pure comedy, but I've gotta say that im used to the stupid things that siddy fans do & say but to hear them sing @ the villa game, "your not a munich anymore" to Manchester United Legend Andy Cole was as stupid/funny as your comment in the box above....

lol you enjoy it lad, this is as good as it gets for a siddy fan!!

29 years, 29 years.......

I thought we were unlucky not to pick up a point against Fulham but we might have known Malbranque was going to score! Barton's out for the next game to many bookings, so i can imagine a tough game hopefully Reyna will be back!

Back
Top Bottom