Manchester United Thread

The majority of ownership is retail (ie. Joe Public) which makes things a lot tougher than just having to convince a few of the banks.

I thought maybe the Irish would use Fergie as a figurehead for the deal to convine the average shareholder, but as you say, with them rowing over stud fees, this now looks unlikely.

Also, the share price is at it's highest for 2 and a half years - why do it now when it'll cost almost double what it was 2 year ago?

Maybe the Irish are doing it to guard against an offer from the Russians?

I don't have any answers, but there is something very, very big lurking round the corner.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Well said mate we congratulated Arsenal on their acheivement the previous year, all the United players and staff said the better team had won, but we didnt get the same this year...

I don't remember the United camp coming out and saying all that. That implies that you are good losers and we all know that isn't true.

Butatista said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Well said mate we congratulated Arsenal on their acheivement the previous year, all the United players and staff said the better team had won, but we didnt get the same this year...

I don't remember the United camp coming out and saying all that. That implies that you are good losers and we all know that isn't true.

Ahh right you dont remember so it cant have happened, do me a favour :roll:

We are good losers, we're diginified in defeat mate, I was there when you won it at Old Trafford and although it left a bitter taste I applauded you, even Keano in his book said Arsenal deserved it and his words on the night you won it we're "it was men against boys"

So if you dont beleive it, show me any quotes from post 2001/02 season that say different....

Dignified, Man U?? You do me a favour.

Do you really think that when Ferguson ran across the Highbury pitch this April in celebration of a DRAW that that was dignified??

The thing is, you are the worst losers in football because you are so used to winning, its human nature. :)

Butatista said:
Dignified, Man U?? You do me a favour.

Do you really think that when Ferguson ran across the Highbury pitch this April in celebration of a DRAW that that was dignified??

The thing is, you are the worst losers in football because you are so used to winning, its human nature. :)

Well if you read my post I said post-season cos during doesnt count ;) :D

Im not arsed about being a bad loser, anyone thats "good" at losing cant be all there, but then again Arsenal have become really good at losing titles but their manners have yet to improve :)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Well if you read my post I said post-season cos during doesnt count ;) :D

Im not arsed about being a bad loser, anyone thats "good" at losing cant be all there, but then again Arsenal have become really good at losing titles but their manners have yet to improve :)

So you admit then that you, as a ManUre fan, are a bad loser? :shock:

Butatista said:

Well as an individual im a terribly bad loser but as a Manchester United supporter, no im not, yeah I get abit pissed with the team but I always give the other team credit....

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Butatista said:

Well as an individual im a terribly bad loser but as a Manchester United supporter, no im not, yeah I get abit pissed with the team but I always give the other team credit....

Fair play to you then chap, lets hope you don't get too upset when we get that title back!

From football365.com

Stelling It Like It Is
Jeff Stelling on Sky's Gillette Socer Saturday: "There's been a penalty awarded at Old Trafford - I don't think you need me to tell you which way it's gone."

T Butcher fan said:
From football365.com

Stelling It Like It Is
Jeff Stelling on Sky's Gillette Socer Saturday: "There's been a penalty awarded at Old Trafford - I don't think you need me to tell you which way it's gone."

Ahh the old ones are the best :roll:

I don`t think any supporter enjoys watching their team lose :(
But after matches like Stuttgart last week, we didn`t deserve to win, so I had to admit defeat - I wasn`t a wa**er about it though, hats off to Stuttgart.

What about Rio then, what a cock up that is!!

1. Why didn't the FA do something at the time? Why wait until now 4 days before the Turkey game?

2. Why drop him from the squad? Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty.

3. Why didn't Man U do more? They could have stopped it happening, surely they knew he was having a test that day so should have made sure he went.

Its just a complete cock-up all round.

Misfit said:
WELCOME BACK VANN

Nice one Misfit!!!!! :mrgreen:

On the Rio thing its funny that a city player did the same thing (Naguaio or something his name is) his excuse was that he had to meet his Mam of the plane so he missed the test, he was neither named nor banned and recieved a £2000 fine....

Good to see his fellow proffesionals rally round him though.

MadManc wrote:

On the Rio thing its funny that a city player did the same thing (Naguaio or something his name is) his excuse was that he had to meet his Mam of the plane so he missed the test, he was neither named nor banned and recieved a £2000 fine....

Is this true? The FA have their heads up their bums.

ninjabreakz said:
MadManc wrote:

Is this true? The FA have their heads up their bums.

Yep this is true

MadManc said:
Misfit said:
WELCOME BACK VANN

Nice one Misfit!!!!! :mrgreen:

Good to see his fellow proffesionals rally round him though.

Nguaio (Who? BTW!) wasn't about to be named in the England squad though was he?

If England had won on Saturday with Ferdinand in the team, FIFA have said Turkey would have had right of appeal over the game. That is why he was left out of the squad.

Dont know if this has been mentioned or not, but does anyone know when Kleberson is expected to come back?

Frankly I was a bit relieved that rio isn't going with the england team to turkey-- it means a week's more rest for him.

have you been watching??? He's has his best games for Man united lately, bar the Stuttgart match. He's playing great.

smash-e said:
have you been watching??? He's has his best games for Man united lately, bar the Stuttgart match. He's playing great.

Ok mate calm down, I try not to watch Man U if I can. Just something I read in The Express yesterday.

Yeah,he is quality,but he tends to be over confident at times...he is stable for United at the moment albeit the Stuttgart game...its good rest for him this week...I read at www.planetfootball.com that United are gonna sign Micheal Salgado in the summer...he is class goin down that right wing plus he is one of the most aggresive players in La Liga.....whatcu guys think?

yeah, but planetfootball also said we're signing Puyol, Traelsi, Ronaldinho etc. You cna believe eveything you read, especially when the transfer is going to go through at the end of the year.

Obviously, if it's too good to be true, it's not.

I would love to have Makaay or Crespo up front supporting RVN though- that'd be brilliant!

phrase said:
I read at www.planetfootball.com that United are gonna sign Micheal Salgado in the summer...he is class goin down that right wing plus he is one of the most aggresive players in La Liga.....whatcu guys think?

this is what i think will happen..

230703_Ronaldinho_gran.jpg

210703_Ronaldinho10_gran.jpg

210703_Ronaldinhobrazos_dif.jpg

same shit,diffrent year......

Back
Top Bottom