Manchester United Thread

hutch said:
Yep, I loved the way that "over the hill" Keane raced back at your beloved Vieira to win the ball in the Charity Shield. That was pure quality.

your "beloved" vieira is facing suspension against liverpool, arse fan. he needs to check his temper

i think we should drop rio ferdinand. he needs to reflect on his mistakes in the stuttgart game

I totally agree with you. We do need a no.6 at the back, I`ve been screaming out for Thuram for some time now, but he seems happy playing for the Old Lady. What about that Mexes? He is young and very talented.
We also need a no. 9 - I cannot believe we didnt snap up Roy Makaay, he would have been awsome playing next to Ruud!

I personally am a great admirer of Mexes, but he's more of a Rio Ferdinand type of player. He's perhaps not like a Steve Bruce-type defender, who was a great reader of the game

I do think we need either another forward, a world-class one or a playmaker. Roy Makaay would have been a superb buy, but he's 29, and I think that's the reason why Fergie didn't want him.

Ruud has silenced his critics with 2 penalty strikes this week - thats my boy. Nice to see Scholes getting a goal.

United 2 Birmingham 0 at the moment - I feel there could be more in the bag.

United 3 Birmingham 0 - final score.
V. Nistlerooy (pen)
Scholes
Giggs

Another win at Old Trafford, I feel a bit sorry for Brucie but he will get over it.
No team has scored against us at Old Trafford this season - lets keep it that way.

Well done, boys.

Today's match wasn't that much of a spectacular showing- United weren't in their top form.

Oh, and Diego had a golden chance in the box- shame he didn't get to convert it.

kelvinhole said:
hutch said:
Yep, I loved the way that "over the hill" Keane raced back at your beloved Vieira to win the ball in the Charity Shield. That was pure quality.

your "beloved" vieira is facing suspension against liverpool, arse fan. he needs to check his temper

I'm sorry but what gave you the idea that I supported Arsenal? I was sticking up for Keane where you quoted me. Look to the left of this post "Team: Manchester United".........this country. :roll:

hutch said:
kelvinhole said:
hutch said:

I'm sorry but what gave you the idea that I supported Arsenal? I was sticking up for Keane where you quoted me. Look to the left of this post "Team: Manchester United".........this country. :roll:

Hee hee hee... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

For consistently going on about plastic fans I think.
Dont shoot for the messenger btw. I had nothing to do with it.

hutch said:
For consistently going on about plastic fans I think.
Dont shoot for the messenger btw. I had nothing to do with it.

isnt he entitled to his own opinions man?cant believe he got booked for that.rate the cards are flyin,i'll be sent off in no time....

Birmingham played well and were unlucky not to score a goal. Which would have been their first in 22 years at Old Trafford.

I thought Scholes played well and that youngster Fletcher was impressive in his debut match.

Full credit to Man U, they played shite for the majority of the first half, but took the oppurtunities they were presented with. Won't be too much longer before Forlan is shipped off, how many sitters can a striker miss? before they get the sack.

Didnt think we we're up to much on saturday, nothing convincing in the win, wanted to see a good performance after Wednesday's bag of sh*te but the sending off killed it before it got started. and we didnt even play that well against 10...

Ferdy still looked suspect, dont know what goes thru his head sometimes, he's needs to sort his head out, the reason why we loved Stam cos he was a monster, no fancy sh*t wasnt much of a "ball playing" defender but no c*nt could get round him, dont get worng watching Rio stride out of defence looks the bizz but whats the point if he hasnt yet learnt to do the ugly stuff, sort it out, less partying mate, learn from Yorkies mistakes plus we dont take to flashy cockney's to well...

Good news in that we could be getting Fernando (ex PSG manager) as a new coach, his CV aint bad and he's a cracking defensive coach (similar to Carlos) fair enough we've only let in 5 goals in all comps but there is still room for improvement.

Also good news that Ruud wont be joining the Dutch squad so he gets extra training and some rest pre the rangers game.

So what, Ferdy has had 2 dodgy matches? What about when Keano has dodgy games, Silvestre does, Giggs does, EVEN Van the man does sometimes . . .

It happens. I know what you`re saying, I want him to tighten up, and play a bit "tougher" but I don`t think its part of his game.

ninjabreakz said:
So what, Ferdy has had 2 dodgy matches? What about when Keano has dodgy games, Silvestre does, Giggs does, EVEN Van the man does sometimes . . .

It happens. I know what you`re saying, I want him to tighten up, and play a bit "tougher" but I don`t think its part of his game.

So what??

you for real, this guy is s'posed to be the future for us, last season we gave him a squeeze cos he was out injured and winning the title meant we couldnt really criticise cos We Got Our Trophy Back...

But this year we wanted better, yes he started pretty well but his recent kidney infection (yeah right Rio, kidney infection, ive heard it called many things before but not that :roll: ) kept him out for a few weeks and its set him back....

So no feckin excuses, dozing off should not be a special ability for a defender of his quality, end of...

Misfit said:
Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Good news in that we could be getting Fernando (ex PSG manager) as a new coach,

it's fernandez man,luis fernandez.quite decent but had a torrid time at PSG...

fernando, fernandez :roll:

yep he is decent, he'd be a good sigining for the club we need that bit of european pedigree, phelan is a good coach mind, but with us having more non-english speakers than I can ever remember we need someone abit more euro minded, hope he comes tbh just hope we can keep this one, clubs keep on nicking our coaches to make em into managers :x

Fergie needs a helping hand. He is getting on, after all!

What you get booked for Vann? A moody Cantona with a yellow card above his head - that's how I remember him!

T Butcher fan said:
Fergie needs a helping hand. He is getting on, after all!

What you get booked for Vann? A moody Cantona with a yellow card above his head - that's how I remember him!

I'll be the first to say his coaching skills are limited and his tactics are often suspect....

Feck knows why ive been booked, I havent been on since Friday, I logged on today and to my suprise a yellow card, and no-ones had the decency to explain why :roll: :(

So no feckin excuses, dozing off should not be a special ability for a defender of his quality, end of...

This I do agree with, and yes, he is supposed to be our future. Remember Brucie and Pallister - now that was a partnership. Do you prefer Ferdy alongside O`Shea or Silvestre. Silvestre in the middle for me, O`Shea as left-back.

ninjabreakz said:

This I do agree with, and yes, he is supposed to be our future. Remember Brucie and Pallister - now that was a partnership. Do you prefer Ferdy alongside O`Shea or Silvestre. Silvestre in the middle for me, O`Shea as left-back.

Dont get me wrong I like Rio, think he's got class about him just want to see him play with more urgency...

The same was said of Pally when he started playing and he's a legend now so its early days and like I said nearly a 1/4 of the season gone and only 3 goals conceeded so it cant be that bad.

I dont know who I prefer at CB cos we've got Wes, Rio, Silvestre and Sheasy who can all play there, and play well at that, I actually think Sheasy will play CMF in a few years cos he's tailor made for the position IMHO he just needs more experience but you dont often see defenders with his composure on the ball.

Yeah, O`Shea is class. He will just get better . . .

I was just watching the Premiership on ITV, and Ferdinand is front page news tomorrow for missing a drugs test. He reckons he simply forgot. What the hell is he up to? :l

Who knows? I see another drug controversy and Rio out for atleast six months. On the topic of drugs, the great Mark Bosnich is soon to come back from suspenison.

ninjabreakz said:
Let me guess. Feb 6, 1958? I`ve supported United since I was a kid and have seen us go from being shite before Fergie took over, to the trophys of today. I attended 11 home games and 6 away games in total last season, one of them being Juventus. I bet you only watch the Gooners on Sky Sports.

Congrats mate, I suppose 11 home games isn't bad when you have to travel all the way from London.

For your information, I own a season ticket at AFC and was at Old Trafford last season when we did you in the Cup. What a sweet day that was.

And what a sweet day it was when the Gooners lost at home to Leeds, of all teams!

kelvinhole said:
And what a sweet day it was when the Gooners lost at home to Leeds, of all teams!

Yeah well sh*t happens don't it, fair play to Utd last year, you were on one hell of a run at the end. Remember we only lost 2 games after xmas. In most other years that would have been enough.

Butatista said:
Yeah well sh*t happens don't it, fair play to Utd last year, you were on one hell of a run at the end. Remember we only lost 2 games after xmas. In most other years that would have been enough.

Well said mate we congratulated Arsenal on their acheivement the previous year, all the United players and staff said the better team had won, but we didnt get the same this year...

Looks like you are being taken over......I expect by a consortium.

Odd situation though, very few institutional shareholders - it'll be a real ball-ache getting it passed.....unless it's fronted by someone you trust.

Any rumours up there Vann?

Butatista wrote:

Congrats mate, I suppose 11 home games isn't bad when you have to travel all the way from London

No mate, my mum got divorced when I was 7, and we had to leave Salford to escape my dad, she landed a good job in Swansea, so I`ve been here ever since. I love Man.Utd, but I don`t miss Manchester. Rains too much.

T Butcher fan said:
Looks like you are being taken over......I expect by a consortium.

Odd situation though, very few institutional shareholders - it'll be a real ball-ache getting it passed.....unless it's fronted by someone you trust.

Any rumours up there Vann?

Nah not a dicky bird yet T, only that the guys who have bought Sky's shares are the two Irish fella's JP and whathisname, but with Fergie being caught up in a legal battle over stud fee's for Rock of Gibraltor with one of them, im not sure how its gonna work...

Whoever it is though, it'll take something big for it too happen as the supporters although not holding a large % of shares do have a bit of clout and when you think we organised and saw off Murdoch, we can do it again if we dont think its for the good of the club, also unlike Chelsea (no disrespect) the buyer or consortium are gonna come under so much public scrutiny they better check the graveyards in their respective closets cos both the footballing and financial worlds are gonna have this under the microscope.....

Back
Top Bottom