Manchester United Thread

Hutch Snr said:
What are you hinting that I consumed to much alcohol? your wrong.

lol shut up you two old women.

Hutch Snr you should know better you old washout.

I'm docking your Jobseekers allowance for two weeks you munce-juggler.

United`s final ball was SHIT last night, Giggs is shit up front and we need another striker.
But still, its nice to be playing in the Champions League year-in, year-out. Oh, we are not 3rd in the group WE ARE 2nd, a point behind Rangers and better than Stuttgart on goal difference.
I reckon we will beat Rangers and Stuttgart at home, beat Panathanikos away, and a draw at Ibrox. Total of 10 points, happy days.
Time to move on . . . . :triangle:

Yep, easy-peasy lemon-squeezy, just like that, hey-presto 10 points.

Point is your are 3rd until you beat Rangers and Stuttgart. Until then your in an awesome position for a UEFA Cup, mind you getting beat by a team that where UEFA Cup also-rans last season doesn't bode well for the future.

FD

Dortmund, Munich, Leverkusen and now Stuttgart....

Looks like the germans have got us sussed....

But we we're awful last night, ive never seen us give the ball away so much and the pasing was sh*te, was suprised that Ronaldo started, I mean leave him out against a team like Leicster and then give him his first CL start against Stuttgart, whats all that about...

But I was never optimistic about this game anyway, true to form we've still not started playing well so at least there is room for improvement.

Stuttgart we're more up for it, there isnt a much bigger scalp than United and they defo earned it, defensively they we're top class, closed down quick and always had a spare man, but again our performance didnt help.

Anyway Ive seen us get beat by much worse and seen us beat much better. Ive no doubts that we will come out of this group and probley top it.

Birmingham next in the league and then the double header against Rangers.

Gotta to improve on last nites (and the last few) performance.

Bring it!!

Last night's game was shocking - the defending was the worst I've seen from Silvestre in two seasons! And Van Nilsterooy, Keane and especially Phillip Neville were also awful. It looked like Manu were exhausted the entire game. All the while I was wondering 'When are the Mancs gonna put on the pressure?' - It never came.

zebula77 said:
Last night's game was shocking - the defending was the worst I've seen from Silvestre in two seasons! And Van Nilsterooy, Keane and especially Phillip Neville were also awful. It looked like Manu were exhausted the entire game. All the while I was wondering 'When are the Mancs gonna put on the pressure?' - It never came.

Spot on there Zeb, Silvestre (aswell as Oshea) have been playing with knocks for a few weeks but the whole team looked suspect...

I know we can play tons better than that, and we will....

ninjabreakz said:
Oh, we are not 3rd in the group WE ARE 2nd, a point behind Rangers and better than Stuttgart on goal difference.

you obviously know nothing much so no point carryin on with ya.....

Yeah but Stuttgart where only in 2nd gear last night and remember the mighty Rangers who defeated Stuttgart (who humped Man Utd easily) are the next team to face Man Utd. It's alright coming up against the likes of duds like Miera, Hleb and Kuryani, but now you'll be faced with players of the calibre of Berg, Emerson and Arveladze (he's scored more goals in Holland than Henke we are reminded so says Gordon Smith 300 times per show). Don't worry we'll still show you respect when your playing in the UEFA Cup.

FD

Misfit said:
ninjabreakz said:
Oh, we are not 3rd in the group WE ARE 2nd, a point behind Rangers and better than Stuttgart on goal difference.

you obviously know nothing much so no point carryin on with ya.....

yep ninja, goal diff means nothing in the CL, we're 3rd by default really.

fd1972uk said:
Yeah but Stuttgart where only in 2nd gear last night and remember the mighty Rangers who defeated Stuttgart (who humped Man Utd easily) are the next team to face Man Utd. It's alright coming up against the likes of duds like Miera, Hleb and Kuryani, but now you'll be faced with players of the calibre of Berg, Emerson and Arveladze (he's scored more goals in Holland than Henke we are reminded so says Gordon Smith 300 times per show). Don't worry we'll still show you respect when your playing in the UEFA Cup.

FD

lol they really have gotta sort out the piss head culture up there, I mean its not even midday and this old sod sounds wasted......

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
fd1972uk said:

FD

lol they really have gotta sort out the piss head culture up there, I mean its not even midday and this old sod sounds wasted......

Just what I was thinking...ClassicD you wanna have a word, he's giving scots a bad name :D

fd1972uk said:
:mrgreen: LOL.................you can't bare to cope with being a 3rd rate team. :mrgreen: ;)

FD

jesus its 2.15 and he's full swing now, oh well he'll be off home to slap the wife about soon.....

He hasn't got a wife, he's got a brown paper bag with a bottle of whisky in it and a few cans of Heldenbrau.

Milo` said:
He hasn't got a wife, he's got a brown paper bag with a bottle of whisky in it and a few cans of Heldenbrau.

lol we should get FD and Hutch Snr together they can drink their last days away :)

Point is your are 3rd until you beat Rangers and Stuttgart. Until then your in an awesome position for a UEFA Cup, mind you getting beat by a team that where UEFA Cup also-rans last season doesn't bode well for the future.
You would know all about the UEFA cup being a Celtic fan - and since when do you get to play any PROPER teams in a season? You only play Rangers, the rest are shite! Just like the SPL - SHITE.

We were poor last night. Inexcusable defending from Rio and Silvestre. I was terribly disappointed with Rio though. I thought he'd be the key defender for us in the CL this season, yet he was out of it due to a great performance by Bundesliga leaders Stuttgart, who look a dangerous team, reminscent of Leverkusen a couple of years back, but with a better defence.

The final ball to Ruud was lacking, but full marks to Stuttgart for cutting off the supply line to Ruud. I was particularly impressed by Hleb (who we've been tracking) and Kuranyi, though the lad seems to go down easy.

As for the Celtic fan, I actually have to admit I'm happier that we have Rangers in our group than Celtic, even though we battered the Bhoys pre-season. I think we can take a full 6 points from Rangers. I can't see Rangers and Stuttgart going through over us. Really, I can't. I personally feel Stuttgart will go through with us. But that's my hunch.

I felt this pre-season, but even more so now - we do need another defender. But not a young 'un. We need a rugged, experienced defender. Ayala, Thuram ... they'd be the type. Not a Blanc type player. What I'd give to have Jaap Stam with us. Anyways, I do think in the summer we should have persued Ayala, just because he's got the class and experience, or Van Buyten, because he is young, but plays like an old pro, and scores an abundance of goals.

Also, last night shows that we can't break down teams like the old Manchester United. The loss of Beckham is vital. I was all for selling him, provided we got a world-class replacement. We didn't. Ronaldo's selection last night was bizarre to the say the least. I felt that Fletcher warranted a starting place after a good, solid and assured displace against Leicester. However, Fergie has to try and lure someone like Joaquin to Old Trafford. We need a player like him on the right. Ronaldo is a great talent, but he needs nurturing.

As for another striker, who can we buy? Jermain Defoe at £12 mill is steep IMO. £5 mill is a good deal. I think that we don't need a player like Defoe though. We need a player who's strong, quick and perhaps a creator as well as a finisher, unlike Ruud who is the supreme finisher. I'll be waiting to see who we will be looking to buy. Perhaps the answer is lying in a playmaker rather than another striker. Perhaps. But who?

It's not all over yet though for us, definitely not. Once we go through the league phase, we'll be the underdogs against the Madrids, Juves, Milans, Munichs and other big teams. I do hope though that Fergie strengthens the squad.

ninjabreakz wrote all this but couldn't master the art of quoting said:

You would know all about the UEFA cup being a Celtic fan - and since when do you get to play any PROPER teams in a season? You only play Rangers, the rest are shite! Just like the SPL - SHITE.

Yep your right we don't get to play proper teams in a season, god last year we beat pub teams called Liverpool and Blackburn, can't mind where they came from but Man Utd play far better teams than those week in, week out in that famous 2 horse race down south.

FD

fd1972uk said:
Yep your right we don't get to play proper teams in a season, god last year we beat pub teams called Liverpool and Blackburn, can't mind where they came from but Man Utd play far better teams than those week in, week out in that famous 2 horse race down south.
FD

we've already had all this havent we FD??

Anyway big game for us at home tomorrow, we'll give Brucey a good reception but this game wont be easy, Birmingham are no mugs, we need a good performance after Wednesdays spectacle, they have some good players and a very good defender in young Upson...

We dont give it up easy in the league at home so I expect us to be alot better, the whole back four need to shape up and im sure Fergie lit a firework up theri collective arses.

So I reckon a league win but a tight one...

Ninjabreakz, I have a question for you...What year was the Munich Air Disaster?
Let me guess. Feb 6, 1958? I`ve supported United since I was a kid and have seen us go from being shite before Fergie took over, to the trophys of today. I attended 11 home games and 6 away games in total last season, one of them being Juventus. I bet you only watch the Gooners on Sky Sports.

Look mate, we all know that Celtic and Rangers should be playing in a more competitive league rather than the SPL. I enjoyed watching Celtic in the week, they passed and moved well, very entertaining. Swansea City, Cardiff and Wrexham all play in the English divisions, I don`t see why the Bhoys and the Gers can`t!? Motherwell and Hibernian etc all gets a bit boring after the 3rd time they all meet.

I felt this pre-season, but even more so now - we do need another defender. But not a young 'un. We need a rugged, experienced defender. Ayala, Thuram ... they'd be the type. Not a Blanc type player. What I'd give to have Jaap Stam with us. Anyways, I do think in the summer we should have persued Ayala, just because he's got the class and experience, or Van Buyten, because he is young, but plays like an old pro, and scores an abundance of goals.

I totally agree with you. We do need a no.6 at the back, I`ve been screaming out for Thuram for some time now, but he seems happy playing for the Old Lady. What about that Mexes? He is young and very talented.
We also need a no. 9 - I cannot believe we didnt snap up Roy Makaay, he would have been awsome playing next to Ruud!

Anyway big game for us at home tomorrow, we'll give Brucey a good reception but this game wont be easy, Birmingham are no mugs

Yes, it is a big game, I really respect Bruce for the job he is doing at Birmingham - I reckon we`ll win it, only by a goal though.

Ninjabreakz, I have a question for you...What year was the Munich Air Disaster?
Let me guess. Feb 6, 1958? I`ve supported United since I was a kid and have seen us go from being shite before Fergie took over, to the trophys of today. I attended 11 home games and 6 away games in total last season, one of them being Juventus. I bet you only watch the Gooners on Sky Sports.

Look mate, we all know that Celtic and Rangers should be playing in a more competitive league rather than the SPL. I enjoyed watching Celtic in the week, they passed and moved well, very entertaining. Swansea City, Cardiff and Wrexham all play in the English divisions, I don`t see why the Bhoys and the Gers can`t!? Motherwell and Hibernian etc all gets a bit boring after the 3rd time they all meet.

I totally agree with you. We do need a no.6 at the back, I`ve been screaming out for Thuram for some time now, but he seems happy playing for the Old Lady. What about that Mexes? He is young and very talented.
We also need a no. 9 - I cannot believe we didnt snap up Roy Makaay, he would have been awsome playing next to Ruud!

Anyway big game for us at home tomorrow, we'll give Brucey a good reception but this game wont be easy, Birmingham are no mugs

Yes, it is a big game, I really respect Bruce for the job he is doing at Birmingham - I reckon we`ll win it, only by a goal though.

Back
Top Bottom