Microsoft Xbox

That's a good idea,thanks buddy.
I'm going to look in to that for sure when it expires.
Might go for the full 3 years if it's possible.
Appreciate it man!

If you buy three years, you must reject the free month for each year (auto renewal), because it's impossible to convert more than 36 months.

PC Gamepass Beta ($4.99/month) will end Sept 17. After that, price will jump to $9.99 but will include EA Play (which is basically $4.99).
Mine ends on Sept 18 :BORED:. Or else I would've gotten another month for $1

PC Gamepass Beta ($4.99/month) will end Sept 17. After that, price will jump to $9.99 but will include EA Play (which is basically $4.99).
Mine ends on Sept 18 :BORED:. Or else I would've gotten another month for $1

My PC GamePass in my subscriptions is listed as a continued subscription at £3.99 a month with no end date..
I also pay for EA Play Plus annually at £50 a year, which is much better than EA Play Standard.

EDIT:-
Just checked online and my next payment is before the 17th and price increase.
I think it is excellent value at £3.99 a month, but I won't be paying £7.99 a month for it, even if you do get EA Play which especially on PC is worthless.

Last edited:
My PC GamePass in my subscriptions is listed as a continued subscription at £3.99 a month with no end date..
I also pay for EA Play Plus annually at £50 a year, which is much better than EA Play Standard.

EDIT:-
Just checked online and my next payment is before the 17th and price increase.
I think it is excellent value at £3.99 a month, but I won't be paying £7.99 a month for it, even if you do get EA Play which especially on PC is worthless.

Yes even though I don't think the ea play is completely worthless in pc, last I checked there want really anything for me except a few battlefield games. I wish they kept the pc pass without ea for 9.99$. I think I'll end up getting it for a few months as I'm still trying out a couple of games. Once I buy them will probably cancel

Yes even though I don't think the ea play is completely worthless in pc, last I checked there want really anything for me except a few battlefield games. I wish they kept the pc pass without ea for 9.99$. I think I'll end up getting it for a few months as I'm still trying out a couple of games. Once I buy them will probably cancel
Continued on PC Thread, as now off topic.

So it’s fake you think?!
The Codename rumored around before...

Well at the end of the day Microsoft can release 10 consoles.
They are just effectively PC's and just need the graphics settings tweaked according to power of machine.
Games won't need hardly anymore development time, just a couple more testers to get the perfect settings for FPS and resolution.

Well at the end of the day Microsoft can release 10 consoles.
They are just effectively PC's and just need the graphics settings tweaked according to power of machine.
Games won't need hardly anymore development time, just a couple more testers to get the perfect settings for FPS and resolution.
Can you image (edit: (average)) mom at the shop around Christmas... the shelves full of X’s and S’s and One’s and OneX’s... (maybe more) :LOL:
go mother, go grab the right box! ;)

Last edited:
I also think this is fake... I mean if they do it then its just basically throwing the kitchen sink to see what sticks... Only time will tell....I do think that this is a little too much , they had it covered at 299 and 499 price points.
I would also think it was fake as when the actual controller box for the next gen xbox was leaked it read: compatible with Series X and Series S.

The source also seems sketchy.... The codename could mean anything, doesn't have to be hardware... but who knows... my vote is for fake... then again if you had told me MS was releasing a console for 299 I wouldve doubted it too.....

Edit :

Size comparisons... the XBSX looks pretty big... and the RTX 3080 is a monster

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1lDGLyXajVMJm

Last edited:
I think, Microsoft have made me change my mind about next gen console now.
I will purchase the Series X with GamePass, and then purchase a PS5 in a couple of years for the exclusives.

They are just saying all the right things.
More powerful machine, all games being released on the GamePass service - Something Sony could learn from as PSNow is absolute garbage.
IMO a better controller, as always preferred the Xbox controller to the PS4.

They have now stated they will have Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos - I can tell the difference on my OLED in Netflix when something is Dolby Vision compared to normal HDR.
With the system giving Dolby Atmos is a much better solution for me personally than Sony keep banging on about their 3D audio? - Which is a phrase I have not heard since PC sound cards used the term to shift cards in the late 90's early 00's.

My opinion might change again, if Sony actually make some decent announcements about the PS5, but so far they have been incredibly quiet when the console launches aren't far away.

I will purchase the Series X with GamePass, and then purchase a PS5 in a couple of years for the exclusives.

More powerful machine, all games being released on the GamePass service - Something Sony could learn from as PSNow is absolute garbage.

They have now stated they will have Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos - I can tell the difference on my OLED in Netflix when something is Dolby Vision compared to normal HDR.
With the system giving Dolby Atmos is a much better solution for me personally than Sony keep banging on about their 3D audio? - Which is a phrase I have not heard since PC sound cards used the term to shift cards in the late 90's early 00's.

My opinion might change again, if Sony actually make some decent announcements about the PS5, but so far they have been incredibly quiet when the console launches aren't far away.
Question. With this Gamepass is it like you have an Xbox/360/one emulator packed in a newgen console?
I mean an I buy IE xboxS and Gamepass and then take games like fifaWC2010, fifa11, pes2014 and others? Or am I limited?
Also if I take XboxX and find disc of the above games, will I be able to play them in Xbox?

If it is possible, I got the crazy idea now to go for the xboxS version, so with 200€, I can have a big MSemulator capable of play dumped versions of new Gen games too. :)

I know it sounds unorthodox, but my desire to play some 360/ps3 Gen games is so strong sometimes.

Last edited:

all games?? Really?

what games, beside MS flight sim (well, and gears), will take advantage of the XSX power?

Last edited:
all games?? Really?

what games, beside MS flight sim (well, and gears), will take advantage of the XSX power?

Not all games but Microsoft 1st Party games are on Game Pass.. I don't know if you used PSNow, but it really is terrible.

Every game will take advantage of the power of XSX - Higher frame rates, better graphic settings.
It will just be like the current gen - The same game on all systems, they generally always look better in the same order - PS4 Pro - Xbox X - PC..
Red Dead and Resident Evil are prime examples, which I have played on all systems, and they very clearly go in that order.

The Xbox Series X, will have better graphical settings than the S and will probably look like a High End PC.

For me right now the Xbox is moving ahead of PS5, just because Sony have not really come out with anything.

Sony:-
Look at our amazing SSD - Welcome to 2010..
We have 3D Audio - Creative used this as a marketing term in 90's, and didn't know what it meant then and still don't now (XBox has DOLBY ATMOS)
We have made a new controller that is going to revolutionise the way we play games - Sony 2006 "We invented Siraxis - This is going to change games and gaming forever"
We are releasing Spiderman with a performance mode - Which allows 4K 60FPS (But how much detail are they turning off for that? Is it going to use the same incredibly poor low res city textures as the PS4 version?)

Sony really need to start showing off more of what they can really bring to the table.

These are just my opinions only, and why I justifying to myself why I am going to buy an Xbox and then just get a PS5 when there are a decent selection of exclusives I can shoot through in a couple of years time.

Last edited:
Not all games but Microsoft 1st Party games are on Game Pass.. I don't know if you used PSNow, but it really is terrible.

Every game will take advantage of the power of XSX - Higher frame rates, better graphic settings.
It will just be like the current gen - The same game on all systems, they generally always look better in the same order - PS4 Pro - Xbox X - PC..
Red Dead and Resident Evil are prime examples, which I have played on all systems, and they very clearly go in that order.

The Xbox Series X, will have better graphical settings than the S and will probably look like a High End PC.

For me right now the Xbox is moving ahead of PS5, just because Sony have not really come out with anything.

Sony:-
Look at our amazing SSD - Welcome to 2010..
We have 3D Audio - Creative used this as a marketing term in 90's, and didn't know what it meant then and still don't now (XBox has DOLBY ATMOS)
We have made a new controller that is going to revolutionise the way we play games - Sony 2006 "We invented Siraxis - This is going to change games and gaming forever"
We are releasing Spiderman with a performance mode - Which allows 4K 60FPS (But how much detail are they turning off for that? Is it going to use the same incredibly poor low res city textures as the PS4 version?)

Sony really need to start showing off more of what they can really bring to the table.

These are just my opinions only, and why I justifying to myself why I am going to buy an Xbox and then just get a PS5 when there are a decent selection of exclusives I can shoot through in a couple of years time.
Alright. Thanks.
sorry, I meant exclusive games.

i was having an eye on flight sim and Forza. I don’t like the gears games. But as there is sadly no F MS in sight... I’m not tempted to get one.
i usually find more games I like @ Sony.
i see PSnow more as a way to play older games. Never was into it. To me it’s not targeted to compete with game Pass.
games pass is insane amount of games for a small price. Similar to McDonald’s. The taste decides in the end.

well, I’m not that super crazy on the road to Lauch of consoles so I don’t mind all that PR nonsense. I see what’s there by launch.

cant wait for overall shorter loading times. A game changer for me As I’ve been playing my whole life with loading screens and wait time.

I'm holding off on X series for a while,not tempted to buy anything new until it's running smoothly and bug free and most importantly,the games I usually buy every year is fully compatible with the new system.

I'm moving tw a disc less future,no matter what console I'll be buying,I very rarely buy games on disc nowadays,exceptions being 360 games.

I'm holding off on X series for a while,not tempted to buy anything new until it's running smoothly and bug free and most importantly,the games I usually buy every year is fully compatible with the new system.

I'm moving tw a disc less future,no matter what console I'll be buying,I very rarely buy games on disc nowadays,exceptions being 360 games.
im getting a disk version for sure. Nothing beats the pros physical mediums have, imo.
i only have to think about all the cheap games I can buy during Christmas which I can play enhanced not much later. Good times.

not sure if MS is doing themselves a favor with that 1 year, let’s call it transition year.

im getting a disk version for sure. Nothing beats the pros physical mediums have, imo.
i only have to think about all the cheap games I can buy during Christmas which I can play enhanced not much later. Good times.

not sure if MS is doing themselves a favor with that 1 year, let’s call it transition year.
I'm getting a disc version of course,just that i have No interest in buying games on discs,haven't done that for a long time.
It's cheaper buying digital copies on Xbox store than discs nowadays anyway.

I use to buy discs,when there was game stores around,but that's all dead now,at least here,so second hand market for it is pretty dead as well.

I'm actually in your same boat (but in the lower price tier).... I don't think I was really interested in console until I saw the price of the Series S. I thought I was just going all PC. Although I like that MS is moving away from exclusivity, it just made me think that with a PC I would get what I need given all their new games and releases are on PC Gamepass as well (well most... some games like RDR2 was on gamepass console but not PC). As I have become a very casual gamer, I am considering an Xbox after 22 years with a PS. I could have a gaming console in another room for 299. Maybe even 249 if I wait a year or so...

I'm getting a disc version of course,just that i have No interest in buying games on discs,haven't done that for a long time.
It's cheaper buying digital copies on Xbox store than discs nowadays anyway.

I use to buy discs,when there was game stores around,but that's all dead now,at least here,so second hand market for it is pretty dead as well.
On xbox that might be correct! On ps I never noticed a digital game being cheaper than a used disc. And we have to exclude reselling a disc in that scenario... Anyway.

For the first time ever think I'm going to get an Xbox instead of a Playstation. I like what MS is doing. Shallow, but I hate the look of the PS5 too.

May I ask, what exactly?

They are releasing the console and heavily leaning on the GamePass..
That the subscription model and cloud gaming is potentially the way forward instead of having £60 exclusives being released - A lot of people are probably much more inclined to spend £7.99 for a game subscription service that has all the 1st party games released for it and some 3rd party games too.

They have pretty much come out and stated what the specs of the machine is too and what it is capable of.
CPU is high spec.
GPU produces the same visuals as a 2080.
Dolby Vision and Dolby Atmos.
NVMe SSD and Direct X Storage to massively improve the performance of an SSD.

Microsoft I feel have been pretty open about their console and have even allowed YouTubers to release videos of the system being taken apart.

We are now 2 months potentially away from a console launch. What do we know about the PS5?
It has an SSD.
Graphically I have not seen much except SpiderMan will be 4k 30FPS, with a 60FPS performance mode.
An Unreal tech demo running at 1440p @30FPS - Which Epic said any PC with an RTX 2060 can run the same benchmark.
3D Audio - I would 1000% much prefer Dolby Atmos.

The PS5 will easily out sell the Xbox about 3:1, as Sony do have Naughty Dog and the better exclusives - Hence why I always buy a PS.
Sony are incredibly lucky they have the biggest fanboy following of any system I have ever known.
They get so much more defensive over their console than any other fanboy race - Much worse than AMD/Intel fanboys.

Having had game pass for 18 months,it's been great,and I can't see myself switching to PS because of exclusives,with games being priced the way they are right now (from this fall) I'm not really buying anything specific to any console.
And with EA play bundled with game pass it's a pretty easy sell for me

Yeah I'd most likely keep going with Xbox anyway,since I'm pretty invested as is,only time I've looked over the fence is Pes and patches,but me and Pes are pretty much over anyway...

Back
Top Bottom