Microsoft Xbox

I just bought an Elite Controller, and was given a couple of promo codes if anyone wants them:-

How to redeem your code to purchase an Xbox Live 3 Month Gold Membership for only £10.79 (instead of £17.99)
How to redeem your code to purchase an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Membership for only £19.99 (instead of £32.99)

PM ME

My daughter is thinking of getting a console for Xmas and price wise Father Christmas is immediately drawn to the new S.

I guess it has slightly lower specs that the X but as a causal gamer who likes a few games she should be fine with that right?

My daughter is thinking of getting a console for Xmas and price wise Father Christmas is immediately drawn to the new S.

I guess it has slightly lower specs that the X but as a causal gamer who likes a few games she should be fine with that right?
For casual gamers the Xbox Series S is a bargain, frankly. In a nutshell, 90% of what the X can do, but without 4K.

If I didn't have a 4K TV I'd be getting that.

I just bought an Elite Controller, and was given a couple of promo codes if anyone wants them:-

How to redeem your code to purchase an Xbox Live 3 Month Gold Membership for only £10.79 (instead of £17.99)
How to redeem your code to purchase an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate 3 Month Membership for only £19.99 (instead of £32.99)

PM ME
Have you had the elite before?
Kinda pricey for me,and I don't do shooters much ,(ie i suck)
I know it's an issue on the grip ,at least the first elite had that

Have you had the elite before?
Kinda pricey for me,and I don't do shooters much ,(ie i suck)
I know it's an issue on the grip ,at least the first elite had that

Never had one before.
My controller stopped working after throwing it on the floor couple of days ago.

Using it on a PC so don't think I will be using it to its full potential, but also hope you can use it on the new Series X

Never had one before.
My controller stopped working after throwing it on the floor couple of days ago.

Using it on a PC so don't think I will be using it to its full potential, but also hope you can use it on the new Series X
Is it better than Xbox 360 for windows gamepad? I mean does it worth the double price?

Never had one before.

"Throwing on floor"
I can relate to that mate.
Might get one in the future,really cool that you can map it anyway

As much as I've not been happy with the build quality of the Elite, I'd probably still buy another one in the future. The paddles on the back are pretty useful in some games... Especially on PC with this software I use to remap it;
https://www.rewasd.com/

You can make macros or combinations so for example holding a paddle can act as a turbo so you don't have to button mash. You can download community configs for various games, make the controller act as a mouse/KB for desktop use, automatically change profiles when you open a certain game etc. Well worth buying if you're using an Elite controller on PC imo, and it supports 10+ other controllers as well.

As much as I've not been happy with the build quality of the Elite, I'd probably still buy another one in the future. The paddles on the back are pretty useful in some games... Especially on PC with this software I use to remap it;
https://www.rewasd.com/

You can make macros or combinations so for example holding a paddle can act as a turbo so you don't have to button mash. You can download community configs for various games, make the controller act as a mouse/KB for desktop use, automatically change profiles when you open a certain game etc. Well worth buying if you're using an Elite controller on PC imo, and it supports 10+ other controllers as well.
I think ,being an Xbox owner (X and 360) the amount of stuff coming out is so good,I think I have 5 controllers, various condition though^^

I am a casual gamer and I do not have a 4K TV for now. The Series S is what I'm targeting now.... You can't beat that price point

"Throwing on floor"
I can relate to that mate.
Might get one in the future,really cool that you can map it anyway

Conceded a late goal on SWOS and knocked out of WC, really pissed me off.
I really do think SWOS is responsible for more joystick breaks than any other game I played.

Is it better than Xbox 360 for windows gamepad? I mean does it worth the double price?

Not got it out the box yet to have a look, the Xbox One controller IMO is the best controller ever released it is so nice and comfortable.
Better than the 360 controller.

You know the one thing that's holding me back from going all-in on Xbox this year? The lack of Share Play.

I use that all the time to play e.g. PES / FIFA career modes in co-op online. That's it. Literally that one thing.

Will there be an Xbox equivalent? (I believe Mixer had similar functionality, but I've only just found that out, and now Mixer's dead.)

With all the xCloud tech they've got, it feels like it should be easy to do...

Think it's Xbox for me this time around. The gamepass opportunity at £28.99 a month is just too good for me to turn down. Added to the fact it seems the more powerful console and I think I am sold.

Haven't had an Xbox since the 360 days. Eek.

Think it's Xbox for me this time around. The gamepass opportunity at £28.99 a month is just too good for me to turn down. Added to the fact it seems the more powerful console and I think I am sold.

Haven't had an Xbox since the 360 days. Eek.

Look for deals to stock up on xbox gold and then turn them into ultimate for $1. This has been working for people or just keep an eye out for deals with xbox gold live

Instructions:

1. You buy Cdkeys brazil 12months [NO VPN REQUIRED FOR BUYING CODES] xbox gold live for like $25-$35(it goes on and off sales) max stacks is 3 years so get 3x12month codes

2. Turn on VPN and go to a brazil server and double check ip to make sure its Brazil and go to the xbox/microsoft redeem key. Don't click auto-renew for extra bonus month or else you can't stack the 3rd 12month code.

3. Sign off of microsoft site, turn off vpn. Clear broswer cache or go into incognito or private browser and sign back in to microsoft and upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate for $1 to convert.

You pay $90ish with this method instead of paying normally would cost $180=$5x36months and you can use it for PC or Xbox. Saved even more since $15GPU/month x 36months = $540 GamePassUltimate

EDIT: I actually turned my PC game pass into a 3 yr ultimate for $180. So that will include access to multiplayer/xcloud/gamepass games/games with gold freebies/EA play for 3 yrs. not bad

Last edited:
You know the one thing that's holding me back from going all-in on Xbox this year? The lack of Share Play.

I use that all the time to play e.g. PES / FIFA career modes in co-op online. That's it. Literally that one thing.

Will there be an Xbox equivalent? (I believe Mixer had similar functionality, but I've only just found that out, and now Mixer's dead.)

With all the xCloud tech they've got, it feels like it should be easy to do...

Yes, they have console streaming in the xcloud beta app for Android. It works well.

Unfortunately in the console it isn't possible right now and in pc only in the same ip. That function in mixer was terrible, unplayable.
They announced that series X can stream in 4K60fps, would be great a share play like function in console, with that image quality.

slightly!? guess why MS isnt presenting any TF numbers (see XSX) in the S commercials (anymore)!? ;)
all i say is, for 100 bucks more... you could get a next gen console! ;)

for casuals... well, the S with GP is a very good deal (if there are games included you enjoy)!

It looks like a last gen game.... and some textures in the cave look just from PS1 era. Unless they are showcasing it running at 120fps; it should be interesting to see if it'll look like that in all consoles (meaning the game is just like that) just running at higher frame rate and resolution. Tbh Forza looks better in my potato PC.

It looks like a last gen game.... and some textures in the cave look just from PS1 era. Unless they are showcasing it running at 120fps; it should be interesting to see if it'll look like that in all consoles (meaning the game is just like that) just running at higher frame rate and resolution. Tbh Forza looks better in my potato PC.
Yeah, the game itself looks pretty fun (bit like Trackmania) but those graphics are :PUKE: That lighting/texture quality wouldn't look out of place for a 360/PS3 game.

It doesn't even really look any better than Dirt 2 which is over 10 years old.

Yeah, the game itself looks pretty fun (bit like Trackmania) but those graphics are :PUKE: That lighting/texture quality wouldn't look out of place for a 360/PS3 game.

It doesn't even really look any better than Dirt 2 which is over 10 years old.

After seeing whats coming from both MS and Sony in the next gen, my take is most games won't really blow you away (if anything, at least for the next 3-4 years) especially if they are also releasing them cross gen. Seeing the trailers from Sony this week and Microsoft gameplay on youtube (watching at 60fps and 1080p) I could easily say those games are for last gen. We will be seeing that for the time being. Again, so far next gen consoles are for improved framerate and resolution... (positives are SSD *it IS 2020*).

After seeing whats coming from both MS and Sony in the next gen, my take is most games won't really blow you away (if anything, at least for the next 3-4 years) especially if they are also releasing them cross gen. Seeing the trailers from Sony this week and Microsoft gameplay on youtube (watching at 60fps and 1080p) I could easily say those games are for last gen. We will be seeing that for the time being. Again, so far next gen consoles are for improved framerate and resolution... (positives are SSD *it IS 2020*).
I'll keep an eye on the new releases, but I can't see any reason to be hyped up enough to go rushing out buying either of these consoles yet. It's the exact same games. Current gen launch was similar... Almost all current gen was just upgrades PS3/360 games as well, so now we're basically 2 generations behind. Only maybe RDR2 or TW3 you'd say couldn't have been a last-gen game, maybe a handful of others.

And yes, SSD is a positive, but even then it's only with 512GB or 1TB drives and do we even know how much the expandable storage will cost? 512GB is potentially like 6-8 digital games, 1TB 12-16 games. Next-gen game sizes could even increase compared to today's games due to the added fidelity in textures etc. The latest COD is already 175GB, Destiny 2 111GB, RDR2 99GB etc...

Having to delete and redownload games constantly because of the limited SSD capacity would be more of a ballache than swapping discs in an older console.

Last edited:
I'll keep an eye on the new releases, but I can't see any reason to be hyped up enough to go rushing out buying either of these consoles yet. It's the exact same games. Last gen launch was similar... Almost all last gen was just upgrades PS3/360 games as well, so now we're basically 2 generations behind. Only maybe RDR2 or TW3 you'd say couldn't have been a last-gen game, maybe a handful of others.

And yes, SSD is a positive, but even then it's only with 512GB or 1TB drives and do we even know how much the expandable storage will cost? 512GB is potentially like 6-8 digital games, 1TB 12-16 games. Next-gen game sizes could even increase compared to today's games due to the added fidelity in textures etc. The latest COD is already 175GB, Destiny 2 111GB, RDR2 99GB etc...

Having to delete and redownload games constantly because of the limited SSD capacity would be more of a ballache than swapping discs in an older console.

I hope really hope, there is a way to download the games, connect them in any HDD via USB and store them there. If you want to play them again just move them again to the main SSD. Basically I dont care if I cant run them in the HDD but if I can move them around to a cheap $50 HDD for storage then it would be more acceptable than having to redownload.

Also keep in mind 512GB, 825GB and 1TB is excluding the OS.... so those numbers are actually gonna come down by a bit for games... a quick google search found ps4 OS takes ~100 GB and xbox around 130GB...

Dont get tactics from ms with a Xbox series S.
Disc less,pretty shitty specs etc.
For me as an Xbox X owner,that's a very small upgrade ,or if it is any at all!

I'd take Sony's approach over MS tbh,a disc less ps5 for $100 less,but with the same specs.

Dont get tactics from ms with a Xbox series S.
Disc less,pretty shitty specs etc.
For me as an Xbox X owner,that's a very small upgrade ,or if it is any at all!

I'd take Sony's approach over MS tbh,a disc less ps5 for $100 less,but with the same specs.

I see it the other way around, I think the XSX provides a great entry point for next gen at an affordable price point (there are quite a few gamers out there that are price sensitive and have no real preference over MS or Sony, nor care if their game will run in 4K). It is aimed at people who have not yet upgraded their tv or are casual gamers who dont really care for higher res.

As for is it a real upgrade over X1X we'll have to see the games (has anything looked better than current gen at the moment?), you are getting the faster load times and that xbox one x was built on technology from 2012 (AMD Polaris CPU I believe).

Its probably like last two generations where people just cry "I have more teraflops, I have more Ghz!", but in reality games looked the same in both consoles. I wouldn't get too worried about tech specs until we see the difference in games.... One thing for sure is if you want 4K gaming then yes totally go for Xbox Series X or PS5.

I for one think the one that strikes the best balance is the digital edition PS5. My little nephew wants a next gen console to play with his friends you think if he gets a Series S he'll care it can't play 4K? 100% he wont. Besides resolution and framerate, the game itself is gonna be the same.

I see it the other way around, I think the XSX provides a great entry point for next gen at an affordable price point (there are quite a few gamers out there that are price sensitive and have no real preference over MS or Sony, nor care if their game will run in 4K). It is aimed at people who have not yet upgraded their tv or are casual gamers who dont really care for higher res.

As for is it a real upgrade over X1X we'll have to see the games (has anything looked better than current gen at the moment?), you are getting the faster load times and that xbox one x was built on technology from 2012 (AMD Polaris CPU I believe).

Its probably like last two generations where people just cry "I have more teraflops, I have more Ghz!", but in reality games looked the same in both consoles. I wouldn't get too worried about tech specs until we see the difference in games.... One thing for sure is if you want 4K gaming then yes totally go for Xbox Series X or PS5.

I for one think the one that strikes the best balance is the digital edition PS5. My little nephew wants a next gen console to play with his friends you think if he gets a Series S he'll care it can't play 4K? 100% he wont. Besides resolution and framerate, the game itself is gonna be the same.
Yeah,i should have been a bit more precise,it's probably a good move for new customers to MS,or even the ones going from the regular Xbox etc.
For me personally,so far,I don't feel the need to go for the S series from my 4k gaming on my 4k tv with the X.
Then again,the Series X is pricey as hell,a middle ground of 399 (disc less with X specs) would be my preference/wish.
That's why I'm looking over the fence a bit.

Yeah,i should have been a bit more precise,it's probably a good move for new customers to MS,or even the ones going from the regular Xbox etc.
For me personally,so far,I don't feel the need to go for the S series from my 4k gaming on my 4k tv with the X.
Then again,the Series X is pricey as hell,a middle ground of 399 (disc less with X specs) would be my preference/wish.
That's why I'm looking over the fence a bit.

Agree, I'd say just wait it out to see how reviews are and how games compare (don't get too concerned with tech specs until we see what those tech specs can do....) For me all of them look pretty good and there's something there for everyone (well besides launch titles, hence why I'll wait for a bit). On the other hand, having been with a PS1,PS2,PS3 and PS4, I'm considering jumping to the series S as I am not a hardcore gamer anymore ($299), my TV is 1080p and I have 3 years of Ultimate pass left. Just not sure I want a console anymore but its an easy way to play next gen games without updating my pc just yet

Back
Top Bottom