NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

I can't defend in this game..was enjoying my self in an Association with the Utah Jazz, but my PS3 went bust...hope it can be repaired...

Last edited:
I'm not too fussed with differences between 2K8 and European basketball as my only experience of the sport has been in the form of Space Jam.

Which combo buttons allow you to dunk it from half court?

That's not possible.

Also, what are the game modes? I've been playing Madden recently and it's got this odd franchise mode which I'm guessing is in this as well.

- Association is the main mode, there are others but there just the ones you'd expect in a sports game. Also the dunk contest isn't very good and should be ignored.

Finally, is there a career mode type thing as well?

There is no BAP mode, you can play as 1 player on a team though in games.

That pic is crazy!

That pic is crazy!
the pic i just posted? You quoted the wrong post if you mean my pic:P

by the way, my copy of nba 2k9 has just arrived here at work :)

i am looking forward in playing this later on tonight after the arsenal match. i will get nba 2k10 on ps3 when that comes out and maybe we can organise our own nba league

Just got an e-mail out of the blue refunding me for this.

Great, I ordered last Thursday, but even with the bank holiday this is a bit shite. I think it was through one of Amazon's affiliate companies like findprice or something.

Great bag of bollocko.

Just put another order in with Amazon and got an affiliate charging £17.99 with £4.50 postage and packaging. I sure hope the version that arrives has been localised for Earth consoles because god damn, I could get something into space on a similar budget.

I bet every single available copy of the game ends up on my door in a few days time.

Last edited:
Just got an e-mail out of the blue refunding me for this.

Great, I ordered last Thursday, but even with the bank holiday this is a bit shite. I think it was through one of Amazon's affiliate companies like findprice or something.

Great bag of bollocko.

Just put another order in with Amazon and got an affiliate charging £17.99 with £4.50 postage and packaging. I sure hope the version that arrives has been localised for Earth consoles because god damn, I could get something into space on a similar budget.

I bet every single available copy of the game ends up on my door in a few days time.

i saw nba 2k9 for the ps3 for £14 on amazon BUT wasnt sold by amazon themselves so i diddnt bother and just got the pc version for the same price has amazon sells the ps3 version for the £18

i must say, this game looks absolutely stunning on my pc with all graphics set to max at 1080p res with a constant 60fps with v sync on. its pretty stunning on very low settings on my laptop too!

gotta figure out how the rumble in my logitech pad works with this game

i must say, this game looks absolutely stunning on my pc with all graphics set to max at 1080p res with a constant 60fps with v sync on. its pretty stunning on very low settings on my laptop too!

gotta figure out how the rumble in my logitech pad works with this game

Jonney all this big up of your PC

Demotivator__No_One_Cares_by_Mikenator700.jpg

:SMUG:

Jonney all this big up of your PC

:SMUG:
wtf im not bigging up my pc. if i was, i would be saying something like this "haha my nba 2k9 game looks MILES better then your crappy unreliable 360's or your expensive ps3's"

but im not. it actually looks near enough the same on the ps3 version. im just praising how awesome this game looks.

try again:YAWN::FAIL:

Check out the screenshots. im playing has the warriors in association mode and so far i have lost two games:( any tips?:CONFUSE:

95d1d5f2b486b406e71ed055af4231c7bb94fdab.png

fb44f1a512e88e8ae36bf1e910e60bf7057bda4c.png

bf5347666319473137416d929234c8afb53f56de.png

fda6e9c2d83655bda9479b0e05f033d124ec0937.png

Last edited:
The reelmaker is great! And the game does look stunning indeed! How's the public in the PC version?

jonney, what kind of advice do you need? Defensive? Attacking?

Defending: you should be cautious at the beginning. Try to think ahead of your opponent and use hands to cut passes. Blocking is an art, you need to time things right. That usually involves jumping just a tad later than the shooter! Protect the paint. Don't let players take positions. Know your rival, keep long range shooter covered and be cautious when defending 2 to 1, sometimes you can let killer shooters alone in the 3 point range. When everything seems lost and your defending a break alone, try them to commit an offesnive foul by placing yourself in your opponent way.

Attacking: Practice plays. Do pick and rolls. Learn which style suits better your players. If you can counterattack on the break, do it. Go to options and make your plays be printed in the floor, check all the possible helps at the beginning. Learn how to shoot with different players. Don't shoot in cold streaks, and take profit of hot players by isolating them and do 1 on 1s. Detect the weakness of your opponent: some teams are weak in the paint, some are slow, some are difficult to stop.

Last edited:
Since your using the Warriors its best you play up tempo, they have a lot of good shooters. Also their not great defensively so be aware of that.

Monte Ellis :COOL:

EDIT: Operation Sports is your friend.

Last edited:
Check out the screenshots. im playing has the warriors in association mode and so far i have lost two games:( any tips?:CONFUSE:

95d1d5f2b486b406e71ed055af4231c7bb94fdab.png

I love this mini game, where you have to find your contact lenses! It really gives the game that added extra fun element.

The manual doesn't explain it properly, its pretty useless to be honest.

When you've sent the pass, you have to press the dunk buttons (:r2: and :square: on PS3) to catch and slam the ball in, timing is key.

I just won my first match in a normal exhibition match as the utah Jazz. all i did was attack the paint all the time with layups and dunks and won loads of free throws there.

I just won my first match in a normal exhibition match as the utah Jazz. all i did was attack the paint all the time with layups and dunks and won loads of free throws there.

jonney to be honest, that is not really sim. Learn to shoot jump shots off screens and picks, that is more realistic. Pounding the ball constantly will get boring. The game is hard, so dont get frustrated.

Guys, what's the perfect slider settings for this game? I want a realistic sim experience. I ideally wanna use 12 minute halves but fear it will create unrealistic scores. What's your best slider settings and half length? :)

With a simulation you're not meant to win every game :LOL:
well its no fun when u lose ALL the time plus its just my first win for christ sakes ;)

if this is such a in depth sim game then the AI should learn how to defend my one dimensional attack then.

im not cheating mate. i dont see it noted in the rule book that you are not allowed to attack the paint all the time:CONFUSE:

Finally started my Association mode with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Have everything to do with the backroom coaching and what not to automatic for now so I can just focus on the matches. In my first game beat the Boston Celtics 98-87. LeBron James scored 32 points and was leading the team as per. Game feels really good. I was about 11 points ahead for most of the game but during the 3rd quarter they brought Garnett on and him and Ray Ray took the game to me and brought it back to within 3/4 points. James got subbed back on and went on a 3 point spree. Hit 2 consecutive long rangers and played a beautiful pass to West who dunked in. Last minute I just held out in their half and took a simple lay-up with Wallace. They hit a 2 point from a quick break but the shot clock was inside the time remaining now so with 3 seconds left, snapped it to LeBron who crosses over and hits a gorgeous fadeaway for 3 at the buzzer. Quality :D

well its no fun when u lose ALL the time plus its just my first win for christ sakes ;)

if this is such a in depth sim game then the AI should learn how to defend my one dimensional attack then.

im not cheating mate. i dont see it noted in the rule book that you are not allowed to attack the paint all the time:CONFUSE:

I understand you, and at the beggining it's too tempting to do this in the game. That can serve to learn the ropes. But once you get it, ramp up the difficulty, get some good sim sliders out there (it's much of a personal thing, I tried 3 or 4 different sets of sliders until I found the best combination for me, tweaking one set I found on operationsports.com).

And when you do that, start playing more variety of plays just to enjoy the game a lot more. Try learning jump shots, blocks, pick & rolls and 3 point plays. It's really satisfying when you start winning your matches, and you're just in the position I was 6 months ago, all I can say is I envy you because you'll have big times now with the game. I really hope you enjoy it a lot, no matter how you end up playing!

cool nice advice. i tried my approach again in association mode and lost lol. i guess i need to learn each players strength and weakness. the problem is that although i like bball as a sport, i dont follow the nba at all and dont know any of these players like i do with football

Finally started my Association mode with the Cleveland Cavaliers. Have everything to do with the backroom coaching and what not to automatic for now so I can just focus on the matches. In my first game beat the Boston Celtics 98-87. LeBron James scored 32 points and was leading the team as per. Game feels really good. I was about 11 points ahead for most of the game but during the 3rd quarter they brought Garnett on and him and Ray Ray took the game to me and brought it back to within 3/4 points. James got subbed back on and went on a 3 point spree. Hit 2 consecutive long rangers and played a beautiful pass to West who dunked in. Last minute I just held out in their half and took a simple lay-up with Wallace. They hit a 2 point from a quick break but the shot clock was inside the time remaining now so with 3 seconds left, snapped it to LeBron who crosses over and hits a gorgeous fadeaway for 3 at the buzzer. Quality :D

I'm now 2 and 0 in my Association after beating the Charlotte Bobcats 89-98 (Bobcats @ Cavaliers). LeBron player of the game again with 26 points, 6 rebounds and 10 assists. Double, double baby :D

Some NBA 2K10 news coming soon.

Talking Finals are only a week away...
... which means we're not far away from NBA 2K10! If it's like last year, you should be getting your first news in just a few short days, including a cover athlete perhaps?

Source

NBA 2K10 dunking on Wii

As part of a post-earnings conference call today, Take-Two's Ben Feder addressed the publisher's sports business, which has struggled to achieve profitability in recent years. Notably, Feder said that it plans to expand the reach of its NBA basketball games, revealing that NBA 2K10 will arrive on the Wii when it ships on multiple platforms this fall.

Feder did not mention which other platforms NBA 2K10 would be available for, though the well-regarded NBA 2K9 saw release on the Xbox 360, PS3, PS2, and PC. "All of our sports products need to be multiplatform," Feder said. "As we said over and over again on these calls, Nintendo was a terrific and important partner for Take-Two, and we expect that to continue over time, and especially in our sports business."

Source

NBA2k10_cover1_560.jpg

NBA2k10_cover3_560.jpg

NBA2k10_cover2_560.jpg

NBA2k10_cover4_560.jpg

Spike Lee is doing the ad for the game, due to show during tonight's game or tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom