NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

My menus look really blurry, but then the gameplay seems a bit "jaggedy", more than I expect it to anyway. Playing on 720p here.

I play on 720p too and everything is smooth.

Can you explain jaggedy a bit more please.

Rough edges, very sharp and not smooth at all really. I'll put it on in a bit, have a look then and see if I can describe it better :)

Is there a way of taking a screenshot on the PS3? I think it got put into a new firmware?

Rough edges, very sharp and not smooth at all really. I'll put it on in a bit, have a look then and see if I can describe it better :)

Is there a way of taking a screenshot on the PS3? I think it got put into a new firmware?

No, its a new feature but its down to devs to use it.

my highest is 1080i

Not sure why it looks that way, sorry.

I spent a few hours today editing some of my replays and uploading them to the 2K website and someone must have been watching because I've been invited to a league.

:BOP:

just ordered teh pc version of this game. looking forward to some NBA season mode. is it any good? is it more deeper then fifa's manager mode?

can i create my own players and teams and use then in association mode?

i couldnt care much about online play as there is none on the pc version but i migth get nba10 on the ps3 this time round for online play.

it seems liek association mode is "where its at" in this game

- Yes its very good.

- Yes it more deeper than MM

- You can create players and put them in FA, I got signed by the Bulls.

I spent a few hours today editing some of my replays and uploading them to the 2K website and someone must have been watching because I've been invited to a league.

:BOP:

I thought that Kobe dunk was a real video :CONFUSE:. Nice vids mate.

Yes.

Cheers.
im guessing these created players as well as the real ones can get there stats increased or decreased depending on how well they are doing in season mode?

are there practise sessions in season mode that lets you work on a specific skill of your players?

i should get my copy sometime this week. cant wait to have a go at it

im guessing these created players as well as the real ones can get there stats increased or decreased depending on how well they are doing in season mode?

Yes, also the create a player feature isn't very good when it comes to faces, my player looks like a young Shaq.

are there practise sessions in season mode that lets you work on a specific skill of your players?

Yes but you can only do a certain amount at any one time. Say you have 5 hours available, practising free throws takes 1 hour, other sessions may take 2/3 hours. So you may have to wait a few in game days to build up enough hours so that you can do more things.

Also you can set practice sessions in between games but you need to make sure that you don't give the players heavy tasks before a game because it will affect their performance.

And if you're going to play this on a PC, I would advise you to play with a console pad. It's great the way the right stick is used in the game.

Edit: You can use it to shoot or to dribble, and both modes are sharp and easy to control and learn. And The way animation reflects what you do is amazing. Or at least that's my opinion!

And if you're going to play this on a PC, I would advise you to play with a console pad. It's great the way the right stick is used in the game.

Edit: You can use it to shoot or to dribble, and both modes are sharp and easy to control and learn. And The way animation reflects what you do is amazing. Or at least that's my opinion!
do u have it on the pc? what good mods are there? any online MP mods in the horizon?

Oh, no, sorry, I don't have it on the PC, my copy is for my ps3. But as I like the right stick so much, I was wondering that is something you won't like to miss if you can. Besides, the button maping for pads is really great, specially for passing. There are 2 ways of passing. With the right stick and pressing x or by pressing the right holder and then one of the four buttons (triangle, square, circle, cross and L2), and each one is a player, so you can pass straight to the player you want without relying on the sometimes iffy passing scripts.

But maybe on the PC things are quite different and I'm talking nonsense here. Is there any other PC user with nba2k9 around?

Edit: I really hope you liket it. I prefer to play really long matches. And after mastering the basic gameplay, you'll be playing with the game sliders. I know you will like having the chance to customize a lot of the gameplay sliders, and yo'll agree that's definitiely something FIFA and PES need.

i have played all nba 2k games on the dreamcast and one on teh 360, teh 2k6 version and absolutely loved them all. the gameplay is immense and real.

i got a dual shock 2 clone pc pad that i will use or i may get a wired 360 controler for it. cant wait! £14 incl first class delivery :)

I just ordered this for £14 off Amazon and I have a few questions.

First off, I know next to nothing about basketball apart from a few names. Is this game kind to complete novices or will it take me eons to get to grips with it?

DO U at least know teh ruels of how to play bball? if not, start from there.

i myself know teh rules of bball and have seen a london bball team a few years ago play live in earls court ;)

did you order the pc version?

PS3.

If I tried to play a pc game with a spec greater than that of pong then my computer would melt through my floor and through several miles of earth.

I know some very basic basketball rules as well. Travelling and all that, not sure on the shot clocks or how long each quarter is and all that.

Hmmm, is it quite an easy game to get the hang of?

Sort of hoping I haven't flushed £14 away but it just looks so shiny.

I've been tempted by it too, PC seems cheapest and I'm not bothered about online play with this. Should I give in and get it? Hmmm shiny things. I'd need a pad adapter too mind.

i myself know teh rules of bball and have seen a london bball team a few years ago play live in earls court ;)
Pffft, Birmingham Bullets ftw! :EASY:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, tonight I spent £3.36 on 2 Kit Kat chunkies (peanut flavour of course) a mini toblerone and a chocloate milkshake.

Although, by the sounds of it, it seems as if the game is quite a steal (hurrr) these days.

So what are the other basketball games like in general? Have the 2k games always been pretty good or have they only recently been the bomb diggity?

2k basketball games are the best the last 3 or 4 years. There's no competitor at all.

You should take into consideration, though, that it simulates NBA basketball, and some rules differ from european basketball. Plus, the way they understand the sport is different there, more oriented to stars and 1 vs 1 situations than in Europe.

Learning to play it should take some matches. I advise you to play some matches and get used to the pace of the game, to the controls (the controls are truly deep but basic actions are easy) and to the players (know your players and make them play, the game stresses a lot in player attributes, in team attributes and in a lot of details that really can turn a match, such as fitness of your players, morale, getting into scoring rolls, getting into cold streaks then missing every shot...).

At the beggining, you will LOOSE a lot. Be patient, get used to plays in offense and learn how to defend.

Oh, and there are some tutorials there, if I'm not mistaken, but the best way to learn is to play matches and learn when to jump to block, when wait for the opponent to move, when to block his path, etc...

I'm not too fussed with differences between 2K8 and European basketball as my only experience of the sport has been in the form of Space Jam.

Which combo buttons allow you to dunk it from half court?

Also, what are the game modes? I've been playing Madden recently and it's got this odd franchise mode which I'm guessing is in this as well.

Finally, is there a career mode type thing as well?

nba2k92009032216540796.jpg

Back
Top Bottom