NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

Re: NBA 2K9 - PS3/360...PS2

Anyone know if the PAL version have received the latest patch? Last year, 2K never released the major updates for PAL regions and only released it for the NTSC regions which forced us PAL gamers to purchase the US version.

I'll ask on another forum.

I had an epic double overtime game vs the Bobcats today which I eventually won 145 vs 140.

The game lasted well over an hour and its the most enthralling game I've had so far in 2K9.

- Steve Nash had 22 points and 20 assists
- LB had 15 points and 8 assists
- J Rich had 29 points and 7 assists
- Amare had 38 points, 8 rebounds and 8 assists
- Matt Barnes added 11 points and Shaq got 14

21022009200.jpg

:SMOKIN:

Is there a way of strafing when defending?

Any tips for this game because I just don't have a clue when to shoot as nobody ever really seems to be open. And my defence is rubbish as I just pick a man to mark but i can't seem to stick with him because my player turns all over the place as I move. Even then they just score at ease.

There really needs to be some kind of tutorial mode and not just the shitty practice option.

Is there a way of strafing when defending?

Are you using Lock on D? If yes then use it sparingly because at times players can get caught out and not have enough time to react.

Any tips for this game because I just don't have a clue when to shoot as nobody ever really seems to be open. And my defence is rubbish as I just pick a man to mark but i can't seem to stick with him because my player turns all over the place as I move. Even then they just score at ease.
What team are you playing with?

There really needs to be some kind of tutorial mode and not just the shitty practice option.
Definitely an area that 2K needs to improve on, thats why 2K is seen as a hardcore game and Live is pick up and play.

I think I have been using that lock option, didn't know what I was doing :LOL:

I haven't really got an NBA team so I played a game with Orlando earlier. 3 points behind with 3 seconds on the clock and I missed my three-pointer :( Great game tho!

I think I need to do some basketball 101 really. I need to learn the positions and their roles, basic patterns and plays and general tactics I guess.

I think I have been using that lock option, didn't know what I was doing :LOL:

I haven't really got an NBA team so I played a game with Orlando earlier. 3 points behind with 3 seconds on the clock and I missed my three-pointer :( Great game tho!

I think I need to do some basketball 101 really. I need to learn the positions and their roles, basic patterns and plays and general tactics I guess.

turn on play vision... go to the practice and practice the plays.... you also need to know the style of the players shot your shooting with, usually jump shots are made when the player reaches the highest point in his jump

set pick and rolls, run screens to get players open for jump shots, make sure there midrange stats are high

check out

www.operationsports.com for videos and tutorials, or google youtube for nb2k9 tutorials

I use sliders below, I've only recently started playing on All Star.

Click

Do the sliders reflect the difficulty level they're aimed for though? They're All-Star but I'm FAR from being able to play on that difficulty level.

It won't make the game harder playing on Pro with those sliders, you can always tone down some things if not comfortable with it.

Can someone explain shooting fouls to me please? I can't seem to tell the difference between me charging to the basket and getting free throws because I drew a shooting foul (how?) and then the next time I get penalised for charging (how?).

Cheers!

If the player moves into you it's a shooting foul, however if the player is stationary and you try to move through them or bump them on the way to the basket, its charging.

Cheers :TU:

So basically if I'm defending I have to stand off the opposition all the time then? Apart from attempting steals?

If you get your timing right and anticipate which direction the ball handler will go then you can draw an offensive foul.

Drawing charging fouls when the opposition is on a fast break is key, 9 times out of 10 the player will charge to the basket for a lay up (on occasion a dunk). Try and be in position before they get close to the basket and then press circle as they are about to go up.

You can also get steals this way.

Yep Jonney, I can do the basics but I don't know anything about positions or anything ... well I know the PG is the playmaker :)

Cheers for the tips Tobi :TU:

After hesitating for months i bought the game yesterday...it's brilliant...i think the shooting with the right analog stick is brilliant, it is so instinctive and natural...really great.

Besides that i'm like Dags, i like baketball but i only know the basics. I'm gonna look at the link gomito provided (thanks my friend) because to me the booklet is not extended enough..this is the first game where i spend my first evening in the training mode and actually enjoyed it...

There are two things that made me hesitate to buy the game:

1. i'm a complete novice at basketball and hardly know the terminology, i know what a dunk is and what a rebound is and i think i know what an alley-oop is...but it stops right there;
2. i'm a casual gamer who spends 4 or 5 hours a week gaming. This game as a huge longevity, will i ever be able to play a season ??? To enjoy a match you should at least put the lenght of a quarter to five minutes...with all the (great) cut scenes, this means that one single match lasts 30 minutes...so i can play 10 matches a week maximum...

I finally bought the game because i think it's the best sports game i know (if only there was a similar football game)...but it's arguably too good for me.

If you get your timing right and anticipate which direction the ball handler will go then you can draw an offensive foul.

Drawing charging fouls when the opposition is on a fast break is key, 9 times out of 10 the player will charge to the basket for a lay up (on occasion a dunk). Try and be in position before they get close to the basket and then press circle as they are about to go up.

You can also get steals this way.

is there a bap kind of mode on this game?

...I finally bought the game because i think it's the best sports game i know (if only there was a similar football game)...but it's arguably too good for me.

You should check out "MLB The Show 08 or 09" and "NHL 09" - both of which are excellent sport games too...

is there a bap kind of mode on this game?

Yes, there is 5 on 5 team play online but its hit n miss.

Hopefully 2K will have it sorted for 2K10.

You can play as 1 player in SP, that's very good.

Is this worth getting as a resident in the UK with a limited knowledge about Basketball?

Yep Stu, you pick things up as you play. Great looking game and plays well too.

I agree...i just played a fantastic game with the Memphis Grizzlies against the Dallas Mavericks.
In a very even match where both teams took the lead in turn, i was trailing by 3 points with a couple of seconds to go. An all ofr nothing three pointer went in and i won in extra time.
I haven't got the same thrill with a football game for a couple of years...this is a great game.

Is anyone else suffering at the hands of the stupid dive out of bounds bug?

Back
Top Bottom