NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

Re: NBA 2K9 - PS3/360...PS2

Does anybody knows NBA 2K9 fansite with new kits, faces, patches...?For PC, please

Last edited:

This is probably the best sports game I ever played...everthing is perfect.

For those who play it, can you tell me if it's possible to change teams during an Association? I know we can resign but will we get some offers? If so, will our past performances influence which teams offer us the job?

By the way, I've just reached the conference semi finals with the Cavaliers, after a 82 games season, and it has been great. I had some problems at the beginning with the game's difficulty but I managed to reach the 3rd place on the conference.

Gooden and Deng out for 1 and 3 months respectively and now Derrick Rose is playing hurt in my Association.

This is going to be a looong season. I love this game! :)

Bulls 8-5 (4th spot our main goal, homecourt advantage secret wish)

I love the crowd in this game!

Raja bell block, fans shocked! - video

:D

im in a 2k league and i played as the suns vs the jazz. game ties 86-86 4th qtr. My oppnent clears out the lane with a PG isoloation, he is williams, he drives past nash, does a double clutch off the backboard layup on SHAQ, he wins the game. BEST SPORTS VIDEO GAME EVER.

im in a 2k league and i played as the suns vs the jazz. game ties 86-86 4th qtr. My oppnent clears out the lane with a PG isoloation, he is williams, he drives past nash, does a double clutch off the backboard layup on SHAQ, he wins the game. BEST SPORTS VIDEO GAME EVER.

I've been on both ends of that stick, it truely is a wonderful feeling when you win a game like that.

There is an official theme on the US store and its very nice.

Oh man..I need to get back into playing this game. Too many games on my radar right now though. I just haven't had the time but will this weekend. This game is definately the ultimate sim basketball game. I love breaking down a defense and finishing with a monstrous dunk.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

The patch for NBA 2K9 will be available for the PS3 early Wednesday morning and should follow for the 360 in the near future. There are a pretty significant number of fixes and improvements included in the patch. It’ll be interesting to find out how much is seen in regards to online play, especially with the Team-Up mode. Continue on for the full list of what has been addressed.

General

Inbound Bug - We have corrected an issue where teams would not inbound the ball after a made basket, resulting in a non-authentic experience. This turned out to be a timing-specific issue with regards to quitting out of another game mode.

Player DNA – We found an issue where face sliders were getting offset when downloading the DNA of a player that another user has previously uploaded. Downloaded players should now look identical to when the original user uploaded the Player DNA.

Created Player Scrolling Crash – When a player was created with the ‘Thick’ body type and was not placed on a team, on the Bobcats, or on the Thunder, the game would crash when attempting to load the player model in the create player screen or in-game. This issue has been addressed.

Exiting Game Mode Crash – A crash was identified when the user attempted to leave a game mode (Association, Playoffs, etc.) when starting the game mode after receiving an updated Living Roster. This issue has been addressed.

Development Drill Crash – Related to the issue above, a few users were seeing a crash when attempting to perform a development drill after loading an Association file. The triggering issue has been identified and resolved.

Substitution Issue
– It was discovered that when the user would change their ‘Substitution Method’ to ‘By Rotation’, the CPU would remain in the ‘By Fatigue’ method which would result in inconsistent subs or none at all. The CPU will now replicate the ‘Substitution Method’ chosen by the user’s team.

2K Cam Framerate – We have greatly improved the framerate gameplay in the 2K camera. Additional cameras have also seen performance boosts with the changes made.

Injury Frequency – In-game injuries during The Association will now occur at a lower frequency. This is particularly true with hard fouls, loose ball dives, and general falls.

Association League Leaders – Users playing through The Association with 5 minute quarters were finding that their players who should qualify for the league leaders weren’t properly being listed. This issue has been corrected.

Association Simulation – The simulator inside The Association has been tuned to produce more realistic game results. We found the final scores for most games to be too high pre-patch.

Player Match Crash – It was discovered on launch day that when a certain number of users simultaneously select the ‘Player Match’ option, the game will eventually crash when looping through the available players.

Team-Up Lag – An intense round of optimization has taken place for the Team-Up experience. The changes made grant significant speed improvements for users on slower broadband connections such as lower-end DSL connections. The end result is a much smoother gameplay experience for everyone.

‘2K’ Cam – In order to increase user satisfaction with the title, we have added the ‘2K’ camera angle as a playable camera angle when playing online.

First FT Lag / Difficulty – The first free throw of an online game had a variable amount of lag depending on which camera was chosen for the shot. We have corrected this issue by asserting a fixed camera for this shot that eliminates any controller lag. In addition to this, the ‘make’ window for free throws in online play has been increased to account for the timing difference.

Waiting For Opponent – Users with poor connections were causing the game to loop too long on the “Waiting for Opponent” dialog before continuing on into the game. We’ve cleaned up this behavior to place players into the game in a much quicker fashion.

Quick Match Connection Problems – An issue was identified where users were being re-directed to the online FAQ instead of being taken into a game. This message will now only appear in appropriate situations.

Online League Injuries – In online leagues, injured players that were taken off the roster weren’t healing. The game now properly detects injured players and heals them in the appropriate time frame regardless of where they are placed on the roster.

PS3 Voice / Team-Up
– An issue was uncovered where voice chat would drop or become intermittent when more than two users were talking simultaneously. This issue has been resolved.

Team-Up Cameras – The Broadcast camera for Team-Up has been optimized to show the user a better balance of their player, the ball, and they player they should be guarding. Also, 2K Cam has been added to the list of cameras the user can use during Team-Up play.

Gameplay

Subbing Fouled Out Player
– A bug was found where you could substitute in a player who had previously fouled out, only when using the quick-sub method of the On-The-Fly Coaching menu.

Resetting Substitutions – When the user queued up substitutions via the On-The-Fly Coaching feature, re-accessing the feature before the substitutions actually took place would cause the subs to be reset such that the user would have to manually perform them again. We have addressed this issue.

Points Off Turnovers – It was discovered that this statistic was not calculating correctly when it is reported to the server for online league games. We have isolated the issue in the AI and have addressed the problem such that the stat is correctly reported.

Double Dribble Issue – By performing a sequence of moves that ended in a hop step, the user was able to perform a double dribble. This issue has been corrected.

Jab Step Fixes – The ‘Jab Step’ move has been reconstructed to be more balanced in the post. Specifically, it should not be effective in user vs. user games unless the ball-handler touches the defender. Also, performing the ‘Jab Step’ should no longer make the defense go back when the ball-handler loses the dribble.

Points in the Paint – In an effort to increase user satisfaction, we have tuned interior defense in combination with shooting percentages for shots taken in the paint. The result is something we feel will be more in-line with what our users are expecting.

Shooting Percentages – Continuing with the above description, we have tuned down shot success of perimeter shots when the defender is amply covering the offensive player taking the shot.

PlayVision – PlayVision in Team-Up was showing everyone’s starting point with no indication on which was yours. We have changed the behavior to only show the floor art for the player you are controlling.

General Fixes – A large number of other smaller issues have been addressed with the aim of increasing user satisfaction. These changes, while minor, have improved the quality of gameplay.

Now I can finally play some 5 on 5 :COOL:

The player lock feature is great!

Last edited:

Anyone know how to set Coach Profiles back to default?

My next game in Association with the Suns is the Xmas Day game with San Antonio and I've been hit with a stupid amount of injuries so far. I've had the 'Separated Shoulder' injury where players are diving for loose balls five times. Jason Richardson has had it 3 times, Grant Hill once and now my back up PG Dragic just got it yesterday. each time it happens, the player is out for 2 weeks.

Amare has been injured, he was out for 2 weeks, LB is currently out with his second injury and Nash was fouled hard in a recent game and is out for a month. Barbosa wont be back for at least 10 days so I have to play Jason Richardson as PG.

:MAD:.

When is the next NBA 2k game out? Is it worth picking this up now or waiting?

do you play the game online? is it any good?

I've only played 2 games online, in one of the games the cheeser quit with me winning in the 4th. I've given up on it, too many cheesers and the servers are inconsistent.

When is the next NBA 2k game out? Is it worth picking this up now or waiting?

2K10 will be out around late September/early October, I'd suggest that you get 2K9 now, its very cheap online.

Last edited:

Cheers Tobi. Might pick it up next month or see if someone on AVForums wants to trade their copy.

I recommend you to play it right now Dags, as it is the best sports game ever created in my opinion. The level of depth is impressive and right from the start you can feel overwhelmed by the ammount of customization you can put in your game, even online.

I recommend you to start playing the game by the default and once you get the way to play it you start customizing it. I could even share my gameplay options for you if you want. I'm playing a Association (a kind of deep manager mode) and every match is 40 minutes long (10 minutes each quarter) and the results are around 100 points, with very realistic things happening. I'm right now in playoffs with my 'spanish' Lakers (Calderon, Rudy Fernandez, Kobe, Pau Gasol and Marc Gasol are my starters) and have nejoyed every one of my 82 matches.

By default, it's so easy to score, specially in the zone, but customizing it and raising difficulty you are forced to call plays, watch ofr spaces, positions, rythm, there's really a sense of flow in the game that I haven't seen as well done in any other game. And finally you end up doing impressive team plays that at the beggining you thought were impossible.

There's a large learning curve, but at the end, if you get the most out of it, it's really amazing and makes any other sport game so short of everything.

It has some annoyances, of course, presentation being of the worst in the series and some behaviours now and then, as well as passing (there are different ways of passing the ball, the default one being the worst)...

I'd be playing at the easiest level anyway to be honest. I don't understand basketball well enough to play on any harder difficulties. I don't understand the tactics used, the positions played etc.

I'll pick it up as I go along though :) Probably get this at the end of the month now :)

i play in an online nba 2k9 league online, 30 guys, and its amazing. no cheesers, and the league website is sick. tracks all your stats and what not. The guys all play and communicate so its not hard getting your matches in. this is the best sports game ever.

Anyone know of any potential deals that I can do with my Suns team, my current squad is below. The ones in bold I'd prefer to keep.

- Amare
- Shaq
- Barbosa
- Richardson
- Barnes
- Dragic
- Lopez
- Tucker
- Dudley
- Nash
- JJ Redick
- Amundson

I'm comfortable with Richardson but I'm willing to let him go, my bench isn't versatile/deep enough.

You can trade in for Rudy Fernandez and Bynum, they would complement your team a lot! I just beated the Suns in the playoffs, they are an unbalanced team. Very good in the perimeter, strong inside but they lack players that can play in-between those lines. Rudy Fernandez has a great mid distance shooting, and Bynum owns the paint. Tradinh Shaq and Richardson could help to get them both. And add Marc Gasol to the paint if you can, it's not a scorer, but a great defender, and all of them have very low wages. There's also Nate Robinson, but I don't think your team needs him.

Thanks, I'll try and do some deals later tonight.

I've also looked at Rudy Gay and Trevor Ariza, both would offer me different strengths and both are on about £2.5million in wages.

Last edited:

I was about to tell you about Rudy Gay. He's very good in the game, the classic streaky shooter. He puts 2, he puts 10. He misses 2, he misses 10. But deffensively he lacks a little. Trevor Ariza is a great 6th men, strong in deffense and quick, but lacks a little far shooting to my taste (I like skilled shooters like Bird, Stojakovic or Ginobili or the deceased Drazan Petrovic back in the 80s). Thornton seems to me a very balanced player in the game.

Moving Shaq is going to be hard, he is on too much money for most teams.

Please tell me you saved the replay...

I got Marc Gasol yesterday and I'm still trying to get a SF or Rudy Fernandez but its proving to be difficult.

yo someone help me out. i'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to 2k9 from 2k8 or not for my 360. can someone tell me what the new customization for franchise mode is because thats whats really going to sell me or not.

Back
Top Bottom