NBA 2K9 - PS3/360/PC

Re: NBA 2K9 - PS3/360...PS2

Reset what settings?

Ah, the only way it can be solved on console is via a patch. I've tried lowering the injury slider but it doesn't solve anything.

I have had only 2 injuries in 2 complete association seasons! Maybe I've been lucky! Or maybe my players are too lazy to dive...

You have been very lucky.

I've had 12 injuries in my squad and the regular season is almost over. The latest injury was Marc Gasol, two weeks out thanks to the silly bug.

In the same game Nash and Amare also dived for the ball but for whatever reason they didn't get injured. I took them out the game and they didn't play the entire 4th quarter. I can't afford to have them injured!

If the player moves into you it's a shooting foul, however if the player is stationary and you try to move through them or bump them on the way to the basket, its charging.

just saw this, LOL. No offense mate :). No that has nothing to do with a shooting foul. A shooting foul is when an offensive player is in the "act" of shooting, he will get two free throws. If you block a player and he is not shooting, its considered a touch foul and you just get possession. If you get more then I think 10 touch fouls in a half, then you shoot 1 and 1 at the foul line, basically if you make the first you get to shoot the second. Charging is an offensive foul and it is also considered a touch foul, no free throws unless your in the bonus. I know its confusing probably but once you understand it is not.

You have been very lucky.

I've had 12 injuries in my squad and the regular season is almost over. The latest injury was Marc Gasol, two weeks out thanks to the silly bug.

In the same game Nash and Amare also dived for the ball but for whatever reason they didn't get injured. I took them out the game and they didn't play the entire 4th quarter. I can't afford to have them injured!

the most injuries in major sports happen in bball... more then teh NFL if you can believe it

That's interesting, I would have thought that the physical nature of the NFL would result in more injuries.

The thing about NBA is they play about 3 matches average per week, sometimes doing thousands of kilometers in one week to play 4 away games. Physically, is one of the most demanding competitions out there. And there are injuries every week, so maybe the problem with the game is that injuries occur in the same way, but tha amount of them is accurate to reality (and there are sliders you can change to avoid it as I've heard).

And yes, I must have been very lucky, because I haven't had any injury of my stars: Gasol, Bryant and Rudy Fernandez.

About fouls, when a team does more than 5 fouls, in a quarter, they're all free throws, but you have to exclude offensive fouls into this, so you could commit 7 offensive fouls and none would imply free throws, while 5 fouls while defending (not matter if in the act of shooting or not) would lead to free throws.

Take notice also that you can't win an offensive foul while being in the small area below the rim. I mean, the opponent is doing a break and you place your player just below the rim. Even if the opponent pushes you, it's a defensive foul, because you can't place your defender in that area (note the semicircle drawn there).

Hope I'm clear!

I hope all sports games take this one as an example of depth in gameplay, options, customization and managerial aspects. Still, now and then I get fustrated by the "cheats" of the cpu in some moments. When a team gets in a roll, their stats are busted and occasionally I've seen Shaq winning a run to Rudy Fernandez (and Rudy was fresh!). But that happens very very occasionally. And it's good that the game forces you to control the pace at which you play and punishes when you loose control and organization.

That's a good point, I didn't think of that.

I get annoyed when players post up on Shaq and literally move him back three steps and score a layup. Such things would never happen in real life, especially when I'm in position all ready.

Also it took me a while but I'm starting to get used to Gasol's game now. I made him a starter ahead of Shaq and all was well but then Shaq started moaning because I decreased his minutes :D

Now both guys play about 20 minutes per game, It does vary on game by game though. If one is influencing the game more than the other then they'll got more minutes in the game.

The thing about NBA is they play about 3 matches average per week, sometimes doing thousands of kilometers in one week to play 4 away games. Physically, is one of the most demanding competitions out there. And there are injuries every week, so maybe the problem with the game is that injuries occur in the same way, but tha amount of them is accurate to reality (and there are sliders you can change to avoid it as I've heard).

And yes, I must have been very lucky, because I haven't had any injury of my stars: Gasol, Bryant and Rudy Fernandez.

About fouls, when a team does more than 5 fouls, in a quarter, they're all free throws, but you have to exclude offensive fouls into this, so you could commit 7 offensive fouls and none would imply free throws, while 5 fouls while defending (not matter if in the act of shooting or not) would lead to free throws.

Take notice also that you can't win an offensive foul while being in the small area below the rim. I mean, the opponent is doing a break and you place your player just below the rim. Even if the opponent pushes you, it's a defensive foul, because you can't place your defender in that area (note the semicircle drawn there).

Hope I'm clear!

I hope all sports games take this one as an example of depth in gameplay, options, customization and managerial aspects. Still, now and then I get fustrated by the "cheats" of the cpu in some moments. When a team gets in a roll, their stats are busted and occasionally I've seen Shaq winning a run to Rudy Fernandez (and Rudy was fresh!). But that happens very very occasionally. And it's good that the game forces you to control the pace at which you play and punishes when you loose control and organization.

hmm i dont think the bonus excludes offensive fouls... at least in the nba... not sure mate, but i didnt think so, maybe your right. As for the injuries you need to take into factor

a)the hardwood surface is murder on a players knees
b)these guys are giants, football players are big adn thick, but not nearly as big as these boys, there bodies get even more pounded because of this

a)the hardwood surface is murder on a players knees
b)these guys are giants, football players are big adn thick, but not nearly as big as these boys, there bodies get even more pounded because of this

Oh yeah, that's right indeed!

About the offensive fouls, take notice that the game doesn't count them and doesn't show "X team fouls" in the upper titles when it happens, while it clearly shows the number of team fouls when you do it in defense (or that's what I think after playing more than 100 games... but I could be wrong, of course).

And a very good thing about the game is when you master some team plays and execute them right. The game clearly benefits doing plays (pick and roll, open for a 3 pointer, low post, double blocks and open shot...). That should be take into account by EA for free kicks!

do u guys play it online? thats the deciding factor for me. if online is pants i might as well get it on my pc

Yes, the best sports game I've ever played. Very very deep. As Tobi said, every match has its ups and downs and players can ve influencial in many ways. Also, you feel every player is just different. We can only hope football games reach this level in this generation!

That said, you have to like basketball, and specifically NBA basketball (very different than the one played in Europe) or think you will like it.

The options and customization of the gameplay itslef is great so you can easily adjust it a little to your suits.

To me, this is the game I play all the year (I wish I had a football game like that...), I never play more than one match per day, but every match is 10 real minutes per quarter, so I end up playing like about 1 hour (including cinematics, pauses, etc...) for every match with scores averaging 100 points. I'm in the end of my second season, so by now I've played more than 140 hours.

To top it, you have online and there is a 5 vs 5 mode and 1 vs 1 mode. The online problems are the usual: people. You have to know people or have good friends. And I would say the servers are NOT the best (at least in my experience).

Overall, a very good price->quality relationship is it?

There is no BAP mode like FIFA but from my experiences online isn't worth it unless your playing in an online league. Too many cheesers online.

I don't think there are enough PS3 players on here to have a online league, hopefully for 2K10 we'll have more players.

There is no BAP mode like FIFA but from my experiences online isn't worth it unless your playing in an online league. Too many cheesers online.

I don't think there are enough PS3 players on here to have a online league, hopefully for 2K10 we'll have more players.
so in your opinion online play is pretty dead? i migth as well get it on the PC then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/2K-Sports-N..._3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1239269680&sr=8-3 cheaper too

Its not dead, its just not enjoyable unless you know who your up against.

Too many people pick the Lakers or the Caveliers and just get the ball to Kobe and King James and then sprint to basket and dunk it every time. They don't run any plays or even shoot mid range jumps shots. They just do the same things over and over again.

Also like drekkard says the servers aren't very reliable.

I will try again though to get a good 5 vs 5 game because it can be great if everyone plays their position and not hog the ball.

Its not dead, its just not enjoyable unless you know who your up against.

Too many people pick the Lakers or the Caveliers and just get the ball to Kobe and King James and then sprint to basket and dunk it every time. They don't run any plays or even shoot mid range jumps shots. They just do the same things over and over again.

Also like drekkard says the servers aren't very reliable.

I will try again though to get a good 5 vs 5 game because it can be great if everyone plays their position and not hog the ball.

it is too bad you guys dont have 360. Im in a 30 man nba 2k9 league at www.xboxlivesportsleagues.com and the game are all as you guys say "ACE". People are given three strikes if they cheese three times there out of the league and a replacement is found. That has not happend this year yet, that I am aware of. Its alot of fun. We have to play 5 games in a two week block for a total of 30 games, then the playoffs begin. Online is where it is at if you have SIM opponents, it blows association off the map

Anyone in your league use the Suns and do they play Mike D'Antoni basketball, get a shot off every 7 seconds?

New video - This is my basket!

YouTube - NBA 2K9 - This is my basket!

I've 21 more replays to edit, including Shaq making an awkard jumpshot!
they can but you cant have more then %50 of points in the paint of your total score, minus second chance and fast break. But you can only fast break off a long rebound or steal, anything else and its cheese

I could live with that.

cants eem to find this game in stock for less then £20 anywhere! play.com, shopto etc all out of stock

This displays weird on my ps3. All the players seem to have a jagged edge around them and the lines dont seem clean. It also does it on the menus etc.

puts me off the whole game

Are you playing at 720p or 1080p?

If its 1080p then you should deselect it from the XMB settings, I've never encountered your problem.

Back
Top Bottom