Newcastle United thread

Well Tottenham do have more points than you Gnairn so there slightly better than you me thinks. :D

I know i cant talk as im a boro fan but heard a good joke today...

Did you hear about the great party at St. James Park last week?
Shearer put £15million over the bar :D

BoroBoyz said:

:mrgreen: Reminds me of a joke i heard last seaon when Liverpool couldn't win to save their lives.

Did u hear Gerrard Houllier got arrested for Speeding?
Well, at least he got 3 points. :mrgreen:

History never repeats, eh?

There will be a bit of spot-kick training on the cards at St James' Park this week. Newcastle United's Champion League qualifying match against Partizan Belgrade finsihed 1-0 to the Serbians, forcing a penalty shoot-out. Up steps Alan Shearer, one of the best in the business from 12 yeards out, and blazes it over the bar. Next up, highly rated Keiron Dyer has a go --- straight to the 'keeper. Expensive Leeds signing Jonathan Woodgate is third on the roster --- saved again. Unsuprisingly, the Magpies are knocked out of the tournament costing them a cool 10 million. As an aside, Partizan managed by Lothar Matthaus, a member of the German side which knocked England out of the 1990 World Cup on penalties. And England were managed by? Sir Bobby Robson., now of Newcastle. Oh, the irony.

Hey, what do you think your chances are of landing Ricardinho? seems in motion, no? As long as he isn't another Marcelinho. ;)
But as Bobby has said, you've got plenty of midfielders. Even Hugo Viana isn't getting a look in, which is a shame. Good young talent.

MarkD said:
Laurent Robert is a greedy bastard. I watched the Leeds match, and all Robert seemed to contribute were a few poor corners and loads of dodgy long rangers. He didn't seem to be much of a team player.

Who's the player that you most want to leave Baggsy? 4-4-2 raised the question in this month's mag for all the teams.

i'd have to totaly disagree, he may be greedy but he is one of the best left winger in the country. If only he would track back though :roll:

hey!!!1Does anybody know the name of that song that is played before Newcastles home matches?(usually before kick off).i heard it on TV a few time and it is beautiful.thanks.and can i download it somewhere or just listen to it??

Newcastle better beat boro this saturday otherwise boro scum arent gonna be too far behind us. The last few games have been poor. We keep giving away points at the end of matches. Its getting stupid the amount of times we have throwing away a goal lead about 5 mins from the end. We could be so much further up the table and by now we could be ahead by a few points in fourth place. Instead we are behind liverpool who are playing awful. Once liverpool start picking up the pace we are gonna have to aswell, otherwise we are gonna be left behind.
Id love if boro got killed 3 or 4-0 by us and then they lost the carling cup final. Pure bliss that would be. :D

Stuart said:
Boro said:

lol gr8 joke m8.........2-1 Alan Shearer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D

ahem, that was
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 10:54

Even the legend Malcolm McDonald said 2day that the only thing that seperated us 2 today was the 2 silly mistakes we made. So hey. But im not particularly arsed since the carling cup is the main priority for the fans. Sing all you like, we're still going to cardiff ;)

Stuart said:
yeah true m8, at least you can win a trophy un like us :(

Lol yeah - watch out 4 boro vs newcastle in the uefa cup final next season :mrgreen:

Now theres some dream eh? I think todays game shows how strong football in the North East still is mind you.

Quality Bobby Robson quote after todays game:-
"At the end of the day im glad to get a point"

A POINT? IT'S KNOCKOUT! There's no points you fool! Its not a mini league! :roll:

:mrgreen: Good old Bobby!

I was pretty disapointed with the second half performance. Going from the first half we should have won 3 or 4 nill. As long as we get the home win which we should it will be ok. But since we only got 1 goal away it hasn't helped us a great deal.

Stuart said:
i was disapointed with the result today lads, i watched it on tv and even though in the first have me slaughted them thye could of even got more than 1 goal in the second half :(
What did you lot think????

What language is this written in?

We were a disgrace.

I rushed home from work early to watch that garbage.

Everyone was poor but Hugo Vianna (as is the norm) was the worst of the bunch. A totally gutless display, including pulling out of a 50 50 challenge that led to their goal, Ray Clemence seemed to think this was okay as it was cold and he wouldn't fancy it, this lad cost 9 million quid, I'd be surprised if we could give him away in the summer.

I hear Shearer was angry about being left out, I'd be bloody angry, he's our only hope at the moment as apart from his obvious striking abilities he give the others a kick up the arse if they're not performing.

At least the flight home got diverted to Manchester (ironically because of snow at Newcastle airport) and they had to endure a 4 hour coach ride home, good, I hope it was as uncomfortable as possible for them.

Looks like Ambrose is knackered as well, thats okay though as we've got a world class replacement for him in Nobby Solano..........

.......... oh hang on I forgot we gave him away for nothing.

After the defeat against Blackburn at Xmas I said I wasn't going back again and so far I don't regret my decision one little bit.

In short the people of Newcastle deserve a lot better. At the minute we are a team going backwards in my opinion, we need to make some really good signings in the summer otherwise the future is bleak.

Mind you Bellamys hair is looking lovely don't you think ???

hhehe - i think bellmay has changed from oven grease to loreal. But i totally agree with your comments abot Viana, you are meant to kick the ball in football aren't you?? not hand ball it. But i did think Ambrose was very good in the first half.

Lua Lua a hated figure ??

I don't think so, the fool who decided he could play deserves all the derision.

Let's get the facts straight, we sell Dabizas to Leicester and stipulate he can't play but loan Lua Lua out and don't bother to impose the same ruling.

I'm afraid the buck stops with the manager as far as I'm concerned. I think it's time for Bobby to step down, the instances of the "old mans arrogance" are becoming worryingly more prevalent e.g. sell Solano we don't need him, disrespect Valerenga and now letting Lua Lua play.

Move him upstairs and get someone into shake the club up a bit before slip back into mid table mediocrity.

Still another goal for Bellamy and his hairs getting better by the game!!

Back
Top Bottom