PES 13 Master League Thread

Real Madrid sold Ronaldo during my second season for £50M....to Napoli. Rather odd that.

And regarding the boots, I must have at least 50 to choose from by now. At least they can be deleted as they repeat all the time, probably because I never downloaded any of the data packs. Why you are now awarded a pair every time you win is anyone's guess. People universally complained about them, so Konami patched it so that you are awarded more of them.....

Last edited:
Real Madrid sold Ronaldo during my second season for £50M....to Napoli. Rather odd that.

And regarding the boots, I must have at least 50 to choose from by now. At least they can be deleted as they repeat all the time, probably because I never downloaded any of the data packs. Why you are now awarded a pair every time you win is anyone's guess. People universally complained about them, so Konami patched it so that you are awarded more of them.....

Happened on one of my save games also, think it was the Barca test one or Werder Bremen test. Napoli are overrated on the game and the CPU thinks they are a big team. See other top players go there. Konami love italy and always give teams like Lazio, Roma, Napoli recently and Fiorentina higher ratings compared to how good they are in real life.

In my ML, both Messi and Ronaldo were changing team every 6 months, so ridiculous and unrealistic.

1st half 2012-13:
Messi - Barça
Ronaldo - Real Madrid

2nd half 2012-13:
Messi - Bayern
Ronaldo - Tottenham

1st half 2013-14:
Messi - Chelsea
Ronaldo - Juventus

2nd half 2013-14:
Messi - Man City
Ronaldo - Barça (lol)

I got tired of seeing that bullshit so I finished my ML.

Xavi always seems to move clubs also. Zlac i think it was said that back in 2011, this used to happen so much because of the wages, Real and Barca can't fund all their superstars and other teams which in real life are smaller such as Napoli, Tottenham etc... the game thinks they are big clubs so they move.

On the PC using the hidden transfer value using w!lds editor, you can actually reduce this from happening by for example lowering Dani Alevs, Xavi and Iniesta transfer value, so they don't have to pay so much wages.

In the future we will need to see a solid system where players can set 'favorite clubs' so they don't leave no matter how much you offer, FIFA has this for a number of years, shame the career mode programming has way too many bugs to work properly.

Also a more transparent club value system is much needed. Just a way int he edit mode to edit the fan club size and the transfer budget, Club value is much needed.

Serie A teams are broke, they should not have the funds to compete with Real and Barca.

Barring the Ronaldo transfer I haven't noticed anything else odd with transfers, Messi is still at Barcelona and winning World Player of the Year in each of my three seasons so far. I don't mind Ronaldo moving clubs as he's always likely to do so, but Messi, well I can't imagine anyone ever buying him in real life so I'd hate it if he signed for someone else. I think he's gonna do a 'Puyol' or a Xavi and spend his entire career at Barca.

What I wanna know though is why Konami have given Napoli such a big budget? Maybe each year they allocate millions to a random club to simulate someone rich buying the club?!

Also, I have transfer activity set to normal, maybe lowering it further might stop players from moving so frequently if that's what others are finding in their games?

Also, I resumed my ML for the first time in almost a couple of weeks to see what the patch had done, I think it's minor but positive. I hated before how playing better sides were 100mph sprint fests with ping pong passing due to the combination of Superstar and inflated stats.

Well, I played a handful of games, including two Champions League group games and the CPU felt a lot more patient with the ball and toned down. I managed a surprise 3-2 win away at Schalke but rather than having the CPU spam through balls it put me under pressure with some good passing. I was grimly holding on at the end after a late goal pulled it back to 3-2 but I held on for an historic ML win in my first ever CL match ;) as poor as ML is this year, the excitement of making the CL after slogging through div 2 with ML defaults is still there. If they ever lose the CL licence, ML will be screwed.

Second CL game was at home to Roma, drew 1-1, they were a lot faster and direct but still not as bad as before patch 1.3. It's a tough group though, I have Real Madrid, Schalke and Roma to contend with. At least the Stadium of Light was FINALLY full though!

Last edited:
My .02$ on transfer budgets - they are related to team rankings. Higher rank = more money in the bank. It is most obvious when you're editing fake teams from PES League or D2 - in original rankings they're below 150th place, even below 200. Which means - no more than couple of millions in the bank to begin with. But if we edit their ranking and crank it up to, let's say, 60th place, they will start new campaign with 15+ millions. Closer they get to the 1st place, more money they have in the beginning.

It sounds good in theory, but distribution of actual $$$ on the global scale if more or less mathematical and far too linear to imitate real world budget differences on the top of the food chain - between e.g. Real Madrid and Napoli. Napoli's and Tottenham's of PES will pretty soon reach top 15 or may already be there to begin with, so their budgets are pretty high. Less than no.1, Barca, but not that much lower when compared with reality.

Another key difference between finances in PES and reality is that PES actually operates under financial fair-play principles - various Barca's/Real's/United's in the PES world cannot spend more money than they actually have. There's no life on perpetual debt in Pro Evo, team cannot be 300 or more millions in debt year after year and keep operating. Although their initial budgets in PES are huge, yearly cash income (tickets/prize money) cannot sustain wage demands of a dozen or even more overpriced superstars. Barca's yearly wage toll + operating costs (staff levels) are almost twice as high as potential yearly cash income - even if they win pretty much everything and claim maximum prize money for every match and competition. They're bound to be bankrupt within two or three seasons, unless they start selling their most expensive players and cut their wage expenses.

My .02$ on transfer budgets - they are related to team rankings. Higher rank = more money in the bank. It is most obvious when you're editing fake teams from PES League or D2 - in original rankings they're below 150th place, even below 200. Which means - no more than couple of millions in the bank to begin with. But if we edit their ranking and crank it up to, let's say, 60th place, they will start new campaign with 15+ millions. Closer they get to the 1st place, more money they have in the beginning.

It sounds good in theory, but distribution of actual $$$ on the global scale if more or less mathematical and far too linear to imitate real world budget differences on the top of the food chain - between e.g. Real Madrid and Napoli. Napoli's and Tottenham's of PES will pretty soon reach top 15 or may already be there to begin with, so their budgets are pretty high. Less than no.1, Barca, but not that much lower when compared with reality.

Another key difference between finances in PES and reality is that PES actually operates under financial fair-play principles - various Barca's/Real's/United's in the PES world cannot spend more money than they actually have. There's no life on perpetual debt in Pro Evo, team cannot be 300 or more millions in debt year after year and keep operating. Although their initial budgets in PES are huge, yearly cash income (tickets/prize money) cannot sustain wage demands of a dozen or even more overpriced superstars. Barca's yearly wage toll + operating costs (staff levels) are almost twice as high as potential yearly cash income - even if they win pretty much everything and claim maximum prize money for every match and competition. They're bound to be bankrupt within two or three seasons, unless they start selling their most expensive players and cut their wage expenses.

I didn't know pes have this financial concern also for cpu teams. That's interesting.

Sadly, the rank seems to be the only thing that dictates how much money and attendance you will get along the season and how good other players will judge you team is. Also, in the last season my team got top 40 in the ranking, it was below 100 before. As a result of this, all players became more expensive.

I didn't know pes have this financial concern also for cpu teams. That's interesting.

That's just my theory, crafted during PES 2011 era. I tried many ML campaigns in 2011, and every time Barca would sell their most expensive players within 2 seasons, then slowly rebuilding again by buying new, cheaper players with high ratings (e.g. fake CB monstrosity Vandebuurd, etc.). It wasn't just one-off freak incident, it happened way to often.

When I started test campaign with Barca, just to check their finances, bottom line estimate for the end of the first season was staggering - more than 60% of the entire budget (200+ millions) is gone just for player wages and staff expenses. Without any attempt to make expensive acquisition or two. How on earth could I earn enough cash during one season to compensate for this? It basically meant I'd have to win almost every single match during season (to get around 1-2M ticket money per match and sponsor victory bonuses) and every competition (to collect maximum prizes). I'd not be allowed to loose any single sponsor by not meeting their financial clauses either. And still I wouldn't have enough cash to buy any new player worthy of Barcelona. I easily saw myself going bankrupt - unless I'd lower staff levels considerably and/or start selling most prominent cash eaters.

Following on from this, i started another test campagin with inter on the new 1.03 version.

Found some good stuff and bad stuff, although good news is the bad stuff can be sorted with some management.

Good stuff, i started the test with inter to see how much players ratings went down, versions 1.01 and 1.00 were really bad in this respect with no players hardly losing any attributes, no matter the age and every player going up like crazy! Good news is after the first season and especially second season many of their ageing players, Cassano, Milito, Stankovic, Zanetti, Palacio, Sneijder were all going down like a stone, this will make a campaign using them interesting, since in the first season they will be ok, but after season one you will seriously need to look towards buying some new faces.

Bad news is certain players are still improving like crazy, although it's a bit vague how much they improve because of bootgate, so players are starting with say +3 or +4 overalls, and say +5 to their explosive power and sprint speed. Certain players like Hazard and Wilshere seem to reach 90, 95 in two seasons, yes, most young players develop crazy ratings really quite quickly.

Noticed also in Serie A every single season without fair the weak Division 2 fantasy sides get relegated, the low scorelines in seem to be back in 1.03 in Serie A, not so much in La Liga but I've not seen game sadly where a team scores 5 or more.

Good news overall is many of these super players, are just plain overrated at the start and if you give them balanced stable ratings and sort out their player growth. For the PC players, zlac if you could get the 'disable boot stats' to work consistently for any patch that would be perfect.

The transfer madness can again for PC be helped with changing the player values using W!lds editor and managing all the overrated players. Napoli become beyond ridiculously after 3/4 seasons, they brought Messi, Gotze, Munain. Hamsik is 100 and this winger Insigne who gets to 97 rating! it's interesting how Napoli are the only team who seem to buy a lot of players, other teams barely change at all. The biggest issue with transfers is the CPU seem to try just sell one player for a huge sum rather than get rid of all the deadwood, so all the best players move about clubs, and good up and coming players and her bulk of each team just sits there.

Seems nobody can afford to keep Xavi, Crisiano, Messi etc...

Last edited:
So been doing files for a couple of hours, and once I'm finished I will begin my ML as Charlton with their starting squad. Probably wouldn't won't get a good amount played today, so my first real update will be tomorrow!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night :)

For the PC players, zlac if you could get the 'disable boot stats' to work consistently for any patch that would be perfect.

I've updated first post in my topic with 'no stat' files for all DLC's, here:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=68849

But these files are going to work out-of-the-box only for patches that use default bootpacks from Konami. I can't support each&every custom patch and bootpack - because of that, I also added HOW TO section, explaining how to remove boot stats from any bootpack.

So been doing files for a couple of hours, and once I'm finished I will begin my ML as Charlton with their starting squad. Probably wouldn't won't get a good amount played today, so my first real update will be tomorrow!
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night :)

All the best buddy, looking forward to reading your endeavours ;)

Charlton_Athletic_logo2.gif

As Charlton Athletic prepared for their new season news filtered through that old manager Chris Powell had walked out of the club for good, the reasons why are unknown. It was announced just hours later that chaiman Michael Slater has finished negotiations with a virtual unknown manager from Congresbury, near Bristol and he would be revealed in a press conference the next day. The name of this new boss? Adam Taylor.

Changes were being made in a whirlwind begin to life in the Npower Championship for the newly promoted club, as several 'excess' players found themselves released and two Youth Team promotions** arrived as the new boss stamped his 'small and youth' policies on the squad and quickly changed up the formation to a 4231, with 9 players leaving and only 2 coming in signings had looked to be on the cards.

** The New Boys **
Ngawa - 19 - CB - Belgium - 81 - Built like Kompany and with stats emaluting his countryman this young man looks like he will have a big future in the game, so much so that Taylor has made him team captain.

Vico - 17 - CM - Spain - 67 - Small and sharp in the middle, with good passing stats he comes with an array of cards which make him appear similar to Silva and Iniesta. He will come into the midfield playing in the AM role.
604738_Charlton_Athletic.jpg

So the boss outlined 3 positions on the pitch which need to be strengthened:
  1. Right Midfielder: L. Wilson is the only person in the squad with RM as a position he can play, and he isnt the best at it either.
  2. Centre Forward: After considering my options and realising my only real option is Fuller, I feel we will struggle for goals this year. Hoping to pick up a bargain.
  3. Attacking Midfielder: With youth player Vico playing in this role, its hard to imagine such a young lad can play all season so a reinforcement is needed.
With only £4m to spend, and any decent options only having a 2-42% chance of signing it looks unlikely any moves will materiliase, and so september did end without any signings.

Championship-Logo.jpg

So, onto the matches of the league.
Fixture 1: Home
(L) 2-0 vs Leeds United - Ngawa and Hamer replaced with Seabourne and Button as form dictates.
Two goals from Leeds midway through the second half finished
Charlton quickly.

Fixture 2: Home
(W) 1-0 vs Birmingham City - Ngawa and Hamer return to a full strength Charlton squad.
Fuller (90') - The big Jamaican rose highest at a corner by L. Wilson to win this late on.

Fixture 3: Home
(W) 2-1 vs Bolton Wanderers - No changes to the side that beat birmingham.
Fuller (6') - The lone striker races onto a throughball from
Vico and smashes home high into the right corner.
Fuller (22') - Fuller slides in at the back post to toe poke a Wiggins low driven cross past the helpless keeper following a poor clearance by the defence.
Bolton striker Ngog scored a free kick late on to make it nervy, however the lead was help by Charlton as they registered back to back wins.

Fixture 4: Away
(L) 3-0 vs Wolverhampton Wanderers - Wholefield changes at the back for Charlton as form, injury and fatigue take all four players out of action. One other change to the side is Jackson in for Kerkar
0-15 minutes: Boukari, Pennant and Nouble end this one early.
The closest we came to hitting back was a bullet from Fuller which crashed off the bar.

Fixture 5: Away
(L) 4-0 vs Middlesborough - Fox still injured and Ngawa still out of form while Kerkar, Solly and Wiggins return to the starting XI, Jackson goes over to the Right for L. Wilson, Fuller is replaced by Wright-Phillips and finally Pope comes in between the sticks.
Two goals either side of half time end this easily for Boro, as the Charlton defence falls apart.

Fixture 6: Home
(L) 3-2 vs Watford - All players return this week, as a full strength squad plays Watford.
L. Wilson (26') - The wide midfielder collects a Fuller pass and puts it in off the post.
Watfords Vydra equalises and then puts them in the lead with goals either side of half time.
Fuller (82') - The Striker collects a Vico pass and turns and powers low into the right corner.
It looked like flowing away into a draw before a late Watford goal condemned Charlton a 3rd straight defeat.

604785_Charlton_Athletic.jpg

With Goals leaking, and a lack of creative flair Adam Taylor decided it was time to try somehing new so Kermorgant is brought in at the expense of Frimpong as a formation switch to 4-1-2-1-2 hoping two strikers will bring more goals. Will they learn to defend though?

Fixture 7: Home
(D) 1-1 vs Blackburn Rovers - Pope and Cousins in for Hamer and Solly
Vico (21') - The Spaniard beats his man and putting the ball in off the post.
Vukcevic equalised for Blackburn with the last kick off the game.

fa-cup-logo2.jpg
Round One: Home
(L) vs Reading FC - A Full Strength line.
Le Fondre scores to put this one to bed.

So, after 7 league games and 1 cup game it seems like it will be a long hard season for Charlton Athletic who sit 17th in the league, managing only 6 goals and conceding a dismal 14 conceded which is the worst in the league. Fuller is the joint top scorer with 4.

Next: Fixture 8 vs Brighton and Hove Albion (Away)

long post, alot of detail and how the hell do we defend on this one! the 'X' double tap leads to a foul 99/100 times and my players seem to be too casual when clearing the ball!

hey guys, quick question:

Do I HAVE to purchase things in PES Shop with GP i.e. training etc for players stats to improve? Or will they do this over time on it's own just by playing and winning matches?

I feel that its cheating in a way using the PES Shop.

Noob question:

Why is my fa cup tie v Villa at wembley when its not even the final?

I use daymos OF BTW.

And is the League Cup featured in ML?

Noob question:

Why is my fa cup tie v Villa at wembley when its not even the final?

I use daymos OF BTW.

And is the League Cup featured in ML?

I've noticed the same thing in my ML. It seems that in my game, all domestic cup games take place in different stadiums. Maybe it's a bug.

I didn't notice it the first two seasons because I played away from home and got knocked out straight away in both games, but in my third season I've had two straight home draws but rather than playing both in Benfica's Stadium of Light, both home ties were played in a near empty Ville Marie stadium. Really odd.

I then played an away tie at a side who play their home games at the Jose Zorilla stadium, but for some bizarre reason that took place at the Konami stadium. I dont get it!

Yeah that's been annoying me for a lot of the games, wish they'd fix that.

My Rodos team are going great guns now, just beat Beira Mar 4-1 with the whole 4 goals coming from Erwin Hoffer who is unbelievable for me. His powerful shot is a huge weapon for the team.

Got to the January window and brought in a few players, Mateus (AMF/WMF), Malezas (CB) and a Portugese DM Assuncaio.

Now marching away with league, 7 points clear. Expect to make that lead grow.

If as expected we gain promotion, don't expect to make any major signings. Still looking at earlier targets such as Taxistidis, Ninis, Papazoglou, Mphela, Tshabalala.

FD

400px-AS_Rodos_Logo.svg.png

The Rodos bandwagon keeps moving on, strike force of Vastos, Hoffer and Friend have been brilliant and are brushing all the teams aside.

Now into mid February with a great lead and should be the league all but wrapped up.

Need to try and get the stamina issue sorted, quite annoying with continual blues and purples showing up a lot. Hoping to get a fitness trainer for a lot of the players.

FD

I have to say after playing FIFA Career Mode last few years this is a breath of fresh air.

Transfers set to 'only me' and I am having a great time!!

I am playing as Newcastle Utd - BA is a beast!

Signed just one player so far - Canales from Valencia. Cheap, only 21 and beautiful on the ball!!

LOVE this mode.

So powered through my first season with Charlton since my first update, it was a huge dissapointment as we crashed to the foot of the table between fixture 8-27 before a late revival between 28-32 saw us win 3 on the bounce and look like jumping above brighton to find some respect but a draw followed by defeats at Bristol City and Nottingham Forest ended our hopes of rising.
Our results: PTS W D L GF GA GD
32 9 5 20 29 62 -33

The 62 conceded is a sore point, and as much as I hate to moan that the game 'cheats' or has moments of sheer bullshit I can count at least 20 goals conceded that I can't attribute to anything except moments of PES WTF?! the main culprit being my defenders sheer refusals to clear the ball first time, instead attempting to take a touch and thus being dispossessed in the area for the opposition to easily slot the ball home, and the fact I can't always defend sucks.. Slide tackles going over the ball and taking the player! I will put some of it down to my players like of high stats but even I have to admit the game has had it's funny moments.
As for the 29 scored, it's hard to create when I only had 2 players capable of anything in the final third for half the season (Vico and Fuller) though it was easier when I added Berg (Swedish CF, 73 rated) for £477,000 and Weiss (Slovakian RM, 79 rated) for £1.4million in the winter transfer window things got easier but wasteful finishing and form meant it was not a great season for the club.

TOP SCORER: Fuller 10 goals in 27 games
Berg 7 goals in 16 games

TOP ASSIST: Vico 6 assists

As the season dragged on, I put my favourite type of transfer into play managing to negotiate a deal to bring G. Ramirez (Uruaguayan SS, 78 rated) in on a Bosman deal from Southampton adding some much needed creativity and culture to this Charlton line up and at just 21 years old there is much room for improvement, also in was a cheeky bid for Arsenal legend Henry (French CF, 81 rated)a free agent following the -ahem- collapse of the MLS which to my surprise worked and the 35 year old joins for what will possibly be his last season in professional football.

The new signings will mean a change back to the 4231 formation abandoned early in the season by Adam Taylor and one last transfer target is a DM before a targeted defensive revamp is put forward.

That's all for me, as I look to move into the early season free agents to continue my clubs growth I'll update transfers later tonight or tomorrow morning with results when I get a chance.

I have to say after playing FIFA Career Mode last few years this is a breath of fresh air.

Transfers set to 'only me' and I am having a great time!!

I am playing as Newcastle Utd - BA is a beast!

Signed just one player so far - Canales from Valencia. Cheap, only 21 and beautiful on the ball!!

LOVE this mode.

realistic then.
Fifas career mode shats all over Master League since about PES11

realistic then.
Fifas career mode shats all over Master League since about PES11

Not true. Career Mode COULD be good if:

* CPU didn't make silly transfers

* Gameplay wasnt arcade, frantic and fast

* Player models looked realistic and not fat wrestlers

* CPU plays same way every game, doesnt matter if I am playing against Barcelona or Bolton - the games all feel samey

* Buggy as hell. The amount of times Career Mode crashes and freezes up is a joke.

Got so fed up with FIFA, its nice to be back on PES.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom