PES 13 Master League Thread

400px-AS_Rodos_Logo.svg.png

Well Rodos won the league by some distance. A huge winning margin of 23 points (92 points).

Hoping to bring in only a few players, but releasing some of the players though, trimming down the squad. Letting go of some of the players who did me well, but looking to youth and a few players I really want. And want to try and bring in a few more greek lads. Luckily got a midfielder from the youth team, nothing brilliant, but good enough, Castolis.

FD

I've heard the boots, progression, transfers, and basically everything are just broken this year. Teams won't send realistic offers, by the third year most teams have all 90s+, and just lots of bad news. I was really looking forward to starting as I just moved from FIFA because the gameplay feels much better in PES. Would I be wasting my time? Also, why do ALL teams have the same youth players? I'm confused! Also, if I take a team from the npower Champ., and select the BPL as the league to play in.. does it just automatically promote and relegate the top/bottom 3? Last thing: when selecting the 'Master League default lineup..' in the beginning, what does this do?

Basically I'm overwhelmed. Any help is appreciated. (I have 1.03 and the OPE option file with all the teams, for what it's worth.)

I've heard the boots, progression, transfers, and basically everything are just broken this year. Teams won't send realistic offers, by the third year most teams have all 90s+, and just lots of bad news. I was really looking forward to starting as I just moved from FIFA because the gameplay feels much better in PES. Would I be wasting my time? Also, why do ALL teams have the same youth players? I'm confused! Also, if I take a team from the npower Champ., and select the BPL as the league to play in.. does it just automatically promote and relegate the top/bottom 3? Last thing: when selecting the 'Master League default lineup..' in the beginning, what does this do?

Basically I'm overwhelmed. Any help is appreciated. (I have 1.03 and the OPE option file with all the teams, for what it's worth.)

1.03 improves things, it's great gameplay really but the mode is very basic this year sadly.

It seems very political why Master League is basic this year, along with no league mode, its seems the head office at Konami has instructed the game to be online based to improve sales, it makes no sense why the developers would take out all the hard work from last year, it makes sense for the Head office and marketing department to instruct this, pointing at increase of sales if the game is more online based.

For example if you want to play online you can't just download it for free.

Sadly games are big business these days, it's becoming more and more about online compared to offline.

my advice is just focus on the gameplay my friend :)

1) Boots - It's a choice on whether you decide to use the boots IMO, they're given to you but it doesn't mean you have to use them plus they don't actively effect your player growth (players will grow regardless) and so the issue is only if you want to use them or not.

2) by progression I assume you mean player growth? If so then; every year the players grow and teams can end up with all 90+ players.. This effects you only if you have a problem with seeing teams of superstar quality, you yourself could build a team like this and so for me it appears the growth is only to try and balance the game and keep it competitive even after you've made a squad of Barcelona qualities.
Again it's my opinion, and some will disagree but I don't see it affecting gameplay at all.

3) the offers are realistic IMO, I mean the championships best player irl is probably Zaha and yet he's valued as just over £10m. It's the players like this (best in the championship) that people take issue with.. I think a CPU team offering £5m for the best player in the championship is fine.. Again just an opinion but it's not all broken in transfers.

Perhaps someone else will offer a better explanation!

4) Youth Team is a preset group of players, so all teams have the same but it's only difference would be the age and overall each player will begin with.

5) promotion/relegation is: Top 3 Championship go up and Bottom 3 Premiership; Go down.. This is because the OF you install will only change the teams in the leagues of the game but not the actual structure of the ML mode in game (the original layout is top/bottom switch, so there isn't a way to change it for Play-Offs)

6) Defaults is the hardest option: Basically you choose your team and this line up is changed to a squad of useless players and cuts your budget right down.. Like starting afresh with a Sunday league team.

Hope this goes some way to helping

realistic then.
Fifas career mode shats all over Master League since about PES11

I still maintain that FIFA's career mode is utter shite. I've played every one since FIFA09 and each time it's a bug ridden mess. Plus the vast majority of the features in the game are all for show, they don't really do anything meaningful at all. Frankly I could do without having some shitty fake newspaper report telling me my leading striker is happy at having scored a goal.

I think PES ML this year is, generally, awful compared to previous efforts but I'd rather still play that than FIFAs. At least in this game I won't take to the field and find only seven players on the pitch like happened in my FIFA game, or save progress being lost, becoming 3 billion in debt thanks to a bug etc etc.

Last edited:
Good to see you've started the new year as your usual cheery self Supertalk lol!!

Loving my PES13 ML right now..... just started season 9, finished 3rd in the prem last season, and won the Europa league, also beat Man City to win the UEFA Super Cup, with my youth promoted CF finishing as top scorer with 39 goals, currently 36 games unbeaten and top of the prem after 5 games of season 9.
In a CL group of death with Inter, Barcelona and FC Norjessland (?!)

Good to see you've started the new year as your usual cheery self Supertalk lol!!

Loving my PES13 ML right now..... just started season 9, finished 3rd in the prem last season, and won the Europa league, also beat Man City to win the UEFA Super Cup, with my youth promoted CF finishing as top scorer with 39 goals, currently 36 games unbeaten and top of the prem after 5 games of season 9.
In a CL group of death with Inter, Barcelona and FC Norjessland (?!)

Yup that's me ;))

I'm actually enjoying my ML too at the moment, I'll post more details when I have time but near the end of season 3 I'm nine points clear of Porto at the top of the Liga Con Sagres, through to the final of the Portuguese Cup and just got through to the Champions League Quarter Finals. I drew Barcelona.....and expecting an absolute hammering in the first leg at the Camp Nou, with Messi and co on Superstar, I stunned the home side with a 2-0 first leg win. I went with an ultra defensive tactical assistance setting and hit them on the break, scoring in the 2nd and then 90th minute. Nouhei had Messi well and truly in his pocket.

Elsewhere, Bruno Cesar has become like a one man army, so far he has nearly 30 goals from midfield and most of them spectacular.

400px-AS_Rodos_Logo.svg.png

Well only managed to bring in 2 players, 2 strikers as well as the young lad Castolis from the youth. Bought in Papazoglou from PAOK (who got relegated) and Lee from Southampton (Japan striker).

Played a few friendles, was beat 1-0 by Zenit, Hulk scoring, beat Njordsalland convincingly and beaten by Dynamo Kiev 3-1.

Started off my Primiera Liga (Greek and Portugese mixed league) away to Olympiakos. Was end to end for the whole game, 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2, then I went 3-2 up and thought job done, then their sub Pantelic produced a overhead kick to make it 3-3. Thought well at worst I'm coming away with a hard point. Then won a corner with seconds left, wasn't properly cleared and from about 20 yards, my little playmaker Julio Zeus pulled off a phenomenal right footed volley beating Roy Carroll into the corner of the net, cue the wild celebrations.

So first game and sitting in 2nd place. Play Vitoria Setubal next.

FD

Good stuff Super, the altering of tactics (att/def levels) during a match is old hat to me, i always do it, its a core part of my game but good to see you reaping the benefits from it!

Yeah I definitely find it better with the game just doing it for me, at least there is the option to have it set beforehand so as to lean towards a defensive, balanced or attacking approach. It's always been something I've used manually, but set to auto, the COM seems to do it constantly. Personally, I don't want to be bothered with changing it manually every 20 seconds but it definitely does seem to work!

I can't believe just how much i dominated Barcelona though. 2-0, me with 69% of the play, 19 shots to their 3, and i hit the woodwork 3 times, even with Barca on Superstar. Bring on the second leg. I'll probably get torn apart!

Hi all,im having trouble on getting the password to extract the ket generator, can someone tell me what pass is needed ?
Thanks

Nah, had enough of this game for good now. It's all been great until I got into the semi final of the Champions League against Man City and I've replayed the game four times in a row, switching it off before the end of each game due to the most disgusting cheating I've ever, ever seen from this game.

It's utterly unplayable once you get to this stage of the competition. Which is odd, because I managed to comfortably beat Barcelona and Real Madrid along the way. Aguero and Tevez were LUDICROUS with their stat boosting.

Something tells me that no matter who the opponents are at this stage of the competition, it'll be the same no matter what. I can't be bothered with this shit, Konami have designed the game to piss people off.

Nah, had enough of this game for good now. It's all been great until I got into the semi final of the Champions League against Man City and I've replayed the game four times in a row, switching it off before the end of each game due to the most disgusting cheating I've ever, ever seen from this game.

It's utterly unplayable once you get to this stage of the competition. Which is odd, because I managed to comfortably beat Barcelona and Real Madrid along the way. Aguero and Tevez were LUDICROUS with their stat boosting.

Something tells me that no matter who the opponents are at this stage of the competition, it'll be the same no matter what. I can't be bothered with this shit, Konami have designed the game to piss people off.

LOL just read your full rant on the other forum. Whilst I sympathise with your frustration, the semi final and any other game for that matter is winnable, and I've never seen such a level of broken-ness in any PES game ever if you're saying your players stopped working, and the cpu moved you're players out of the way constantly.

I definitely think you should leave PES alone now and save your sanity, you've persevered many times but it obviously isn't for you.

Maybe 2014 ? lol

LOL just read your full rant on the other forum. Whilst I sympathise with your frustration, the semi final and any other game for that matter is winnable, and I've never seen such a level of broken-ness in any PES game ever if you're saying your players stopped working, and the cpu moved you're players out of the way constantly.

I definitely think you should leave PES alone now and save your sanity, you've persevered many times but it obviously isn't for you.

It's the irony of the whole 'I switched my X-box off 4-times', yet the CPU still kept cheating, that had me rolling around the floor.

Pot-Kettle-Black.

Unfortunately, myself and my son got beat 2-1 in our F.A. Cup Quarter Final match, which ended our dream of a EUFA Cup place next season. It was heart-wrenching, especially conceding in stoppage time of extra-time. We both feel that the 1.3 Patch has certainly made the game harder. We are still top of the Championship with Promotion looking nailed on.

Still gutted about the Euro place though, and there was certainly not an option of 'switching off the PS3'. I mean, seriously, who is cheating who here ? :CONFUSE:

Nice goals by the way, loving the new PES Ultra HD Cam thingy you got going on. ;)

Last edited:
It's the irony of the whole 'I switched my X-box off 4-times', yet the CPU still kept cheating, that had me rolling around the floor.

Pot-Kettle-Black.

It's hardly cheating by resetting the game when it makes your player get a red card through dodgy player switching, thus turning a cross into sliding tackle?

And if anyone doesn't believe that on Superstar, in the latter reaches of the CL, the game doesn't physically move your player out the way, then try it. I think you'll be surprised. It did this in an earlier CL match and I posted a video of it, but in these semi final matches it was on a whole new level. Every passto a COM striker in or around my box saw my marking defender kind of slide himself away from his man and the ball despite me supposedly being in control of him. Crazy.

Like I said, I find the game way too easy on anything lower but now at this stage the game is unplayable with that much cheating going on. So as the dragons would say, "I'm out".

Happy new Year Jimmy - ball wrenching missing out on that European place, it really does help booster the coffers and setup a nice financial platform to press on to that next level.
I finished last season 3rd in the Prem, remaining unbeaten for the last 24 matches, won the Europa league an have started this season, season 9, by winning the UEFA super cup and stretching my unbeaten run to 40 games. Am top of the prem and 2nd in my Champions League group behind Barca.

Thanks for the vid comments Jimmy, it was more just a tester as I loaded the Mac up with more Ram so that final cut runs smoother, I had loads more and better goals to show off, new vid coming with those soon.

After I edited the mexican league (again, because latest data update screwed it badly :(), i finally started my ML campaign.

I set it up so La Liga is Division 1 and Mexican League (or Liga MX) is D2.
To arrange that properly, i had to pick a Spanish team and start with defaults, so i'd start in D2. I chose Celta de Vigo mainly because i like them being a low profile team, i alsovlike their uniforms and their stadium. I mean, i'd rather have Atlético Madrid's uniforms and stadium, but i tought i wouldn't like a 'big' team to dissapear.

Anyway, i start with defaults on Top Player 10 minute matches.
Transfer activity: low
Player development: no (i played BAL mode this year and have noticed how crazy players develop)
Classic Players: yes (which i deeply regret now)
Auto save: HELL NO
Currency: USD

Anyway, i won my first game asily and tought this D2 was going to be a walk in the park, as usual.. but definitely it wasn't. I was getting pounded badly by almost every team. I managed to get some draws and wins but i felt like i lost most of the season, while trying to make our best effort at Copa del Rey (which is a mixture in between D1 & D2 teams).. i even managed to beat Barcelona in Quarterfinals, but they seemed like they were not paying attention anyway.

In the end, i couldn't achieve promotion and lost the Cup Final against other D2 team.

I know some people might have deleted that savefile or replayed some matches, but i tought it was going to be a great challenge since i have always got the double in D2 in my first season before PES 2013. ALWAYS.
And it wasn't like i lost promotion because of goal difference or a few points, i finished 14th! (which even caused i wouldn't play the Cup next season, FFS).

Most of the time the AI feels robotic, but they can play proper footy (for a game) when they inted to, specially when they're using bigger teams.

I made a few transfers, mostly crappy players from the mexican league and arranged to get Krohn Dehli, Park Chu Young on free transfer (since they are regular Celta de Vigo players); and experimented with sliders and formations. Most of the time i just got trashed by opposition but on my Cup-less second season in D2 i finished 4th and lose my chance to get promoted, yet again. But at the end of the season i was getting to know all of my players, their strenghts and weaknesses (mostly their weaknesses hehe), and i had a great run but couldn't get into the top 3.

Anyway, season 3 in the freaking D2 starts and we're just cruising the league. Wins and draws and the ocassional lose, and doing well in the Cup again. Strangely, i had to face Barcelona in quarterfinals again, and they seemed like they weren't playing with all their strenght, they were like 'jeez, lets go back home and play CL games instead of this rubbish'.. and i beated them something like 5-3 on the aggregate.
We won the league, finally secured promotion and we got to face Real Madrid in the Cup Final. I tought it would be tough, but maybe they wouldn't take it too seriously as Barcelona. Oh, my. They trashed us 7-1 and i just wanted the match to end by the 50 minute mark, i was truly suffering! A fair trashing, tbqh. I know i could cry that Ronaldo was dancing around my defenders, Xabi Alonso and Casillas stopping everything, but that's probably what would happen if my crappy team faced them IRL in a Cup Final.

In all honesty, yeah.. there are some times that the game gets on demon mode and you know they will score no matter what. But there are sometimes, that you score from an offside position, get away with dirty tackles, and/or get through opposition defenders.
Thing is that people always whine when it's against them.
Like playing against a mate who always cries if i score, pointing out hundreds of 'glitches', but if he scores he's just happy. Ha.

Anyway, here are my stats for my first 3 seasons:
FK4iM.jpg

I received bids for both my stars (Kron & Park) and i HAD to let them go. I never saw that much money in 3 seasons haha!
After the bonus for winning D2, being runner up and a few more sponsors, i have something like $25mil and i haven't made any buys, but i will definitely have some reinforcements.

My fan base grew in a noticeable way, and now my stadium is like 1/3 full.. which for 3 seasons was a place for a few hobos to hide from the rain LOL.

I'll keep posting about the new season.
Keep in mind i NEVER have quitted or replayed any match. I'd feel like a fatty 10 year old kid crying to his mom.
Sorry if i offend any bitching 10 year old fatty hehe.

I just turned Auto Save off because it takes centuries if it's autosaving every 2 or 3 calendar games.

Just a update from my ML.

Don't know if anyone remember, but i posted a screen some time ago of my "super team" based on default and youth players.

Since then, played one more season and now i'm wanting to start a new one. Nohuei is now 104, Weiss 98, Gellazca 90, the greek gk from youth is 95 and so on. Young and already world class players, but it seems no one wants them, tranfer listing does not help.

Borussia Dortmund have the best team in the game and they're simple unbeatable in the league, having Cristiano Ronaldo, Bale, Coentrao, Gotze, Reus and Sahin is back, plus the great defense their have by default and Handanovic as GK. Can't complain -much- as i'm using a patch with Bundesliga, so this crazy stuff is going on could be because of it. Their match record so far is 13W 0D 0L. How is this possible?

The only positive thing lately was my Champions League group stage debut. I had Shaktar, PSG and Man City in my way, simply amazing...
Got my spot to knock out in the last match vs Man City with a 2-0 win. I think was 3rd with 7 and they were 2nd with 10. It was my best moment in this ML so far.

Inter beat me in the next stage, and in a very cheap way. 3 goals from cheap rebounds that went directly to their forwards feets, ending 3-0 in aggregate :RANT:

As i said, i want a fresh new start, in italian Seria A maybe. I'm not sure yet because i have a very sweet squad. Resigned with many of that super players and tried to build a team with more german players. Here it is.

Ter Stegen
Zimmerman Tasci Ogbonna Addy
....Palombo...Merkel.......
.........Honda..............
Holtby.............Isco
.........Lasogga.......

Palombo is great choice for low budget dmf, basically because of the enforcer card he has :P

Last edited:
Lukas - was Weiss the player originally from Pescara?! If so then 98 overall is incredible and I'm glad I signed him :P

Anyway, when I left you last time I believe my first year had just drawn to a close and I was ready to embark on my 2nd year with Charlton Athletic.

During that pre-season I picked Coquelin and Ljajic both from the free agents having previously refused to sign a bosman deal with me and failing to re-negotiate with their former clubs:

LJAJIC - 22 YEARS OLD - SERBIAN - 75 RATED - Perfect for the SS role in what became a 4-4-1-1 Formation for this season, he's excellent on the ball when both passing and dribbling.

COQUELIN - 22 YEARS OLD - FRENCH - 73 RATED - The excellent "Destroyer" to lie in the middle alongside my "Creator" in Vico, strong, quick with a quick eye for a pass and excellent when making a tackle he will be useful for the year.

As for how the season went, with 4 new players coming in at the beginning of the season it was always going to take some time to adjust, proven when it took us 8 games to register a win taking only 3 points in the opening seven it was a surprise for all when we easily brushed aside Middlesborough 3-0 away, it was a short lived revival however as a draw and loss in the next two games left us bottom with just 7 points from our opening 9 games.
In what would be a bizzare first half of the season, we swept aside Blackpool 3-0 at home, followed that with a 3-3 draw with Huddersfield and looking likely to be another high scoring game at Norwich, came out with a 0-0 draw! we then Lost two in a row vs Forest and Bristol City.. and again followed it up with a 5-2 home destruction of READING!! Henry (who is bloody brilliant)scored 4 on that day! We then played the only team to have scored more than us at this point in what looked likely to be a good game, not wrong.. a 0-0 draw was not void of action as the bar and posts were hit a total of 19 yes NINETEEN times in total by both sides as both managers looked like they may have a heart attack! This draw was followed by a subtle 1-0 win vs Barnsley away as we came into the new year on the back of our best form.

Crazy stuff going down in this season, some AWFUL defending has been cancelled out by the sheer brilliance of my Quarter of superstars (Henry, Ljajic, Ramirez and Weiss)the stats really don't represent how vital they've been:

Henry - 17 apps - 16 goals - 1 assist
Ljajic - 12 apps - 5 goals - 1 assist
Ramirez - 16 apps - 2 goals - 8 assists
Weiss - 12 apps - 0 goals - 3 assists

how they are this low are beyond me, as they've all been exceptional! and for the second PES running I find myself relying on a french striker playing below his level for an obscene amount of goals! Jimmy'll know who I mean :P

Anyway my reasoning for rushing to post now is not my extraoridnarly average season or the fact Henry is tearing the championship apart (a fact sweetened by the fact he's agreed a new one year deal) but that my Youth Team has offered up 11 players of exceptional talent this year! yes 11!! Including one German CF tipped to be as good as Rooney, I couldn't believe my eyes as I was gift wrapped these players:

GK - Magrao - 17 years old - BRAZILIAN - 71 rated - mid 70's in all the required stats for a goal keeper and an excellent prospect.

CB - Yepes - 16 years old - COLOMBIAN - 71 rated - Quick and strong for his age he comes with a Defence stat already at 79, making him excellent in reading the play and making tackles! and yes I know he's a Regen that come to ruin the game but, if they're gunna be there I might as well make use of them.

CM - Mckenna - 16 years old - ENGLISH - 72 Rated - Excellent passer for his age and has mid to high 70's in physical and technique based stats the only issue I find with him is that he does not have a stand out stat in Attack or Defence with both being mid 60's meaning I wouldn't know whether he is my destroyer or creator!

CF - Genaleski - 16 years old - GERMAN - 68 rated - This is the star of the future, the German Rooney and its obvious why great passing and shooting accuracy stats beyond his years make him a joy to find and (I haven't player with him yet) I hope an excellent player to play with.

LB - Taricco - 16 years old - ARGENTINIAN - 71 rated - Perhaps more of LWB than LB, he is certainly more attacking than defensive, his 71 rating is maybe a little generous however he's a definite prospect and one I anticipate will develop into a world class player.

DM - Lucius - 16 years old - DUTCH - 71 rated - Passing and shooting in the mid 70's make me question whether DM is the position for this boy, quick and strong, he will play in my team in the future as a Destroyer that is a certainty.

DM - Movilla - 16 years old - SPANISH - 71 rated - Passing is excellent, and he is another strong and quick player, he just loses out on 11cm's in height to Lucius, he comes with the box to box trait which is invaluable to me.

RWF - Govou - 16 years old - FRENCH - 67 rated - average passing stats, combined with a good set of technical stats made him worth a punt, but its his shooting at 75 for a winger which I look forward to seeing grow. Another one carrying the box to box card.

DM - Hugo Leal - 16 years old - PORTUGEUSE - 67 rated - Passing, Dribbling and Shooting stats in the high 70's are hidden below his poor rating! Perhpas a little slower and weaker than I would like, his potential is betrayed by his rating.

SS - Liberopoulos - 16 years old - GREEK - 67 rated - Again with stats poorly represented by his rating this kid shows potential I couldn't risk missing out on.

AM - Storey - 18 years old - ENGLISH - 68 rated - One I decided against signing last season, has come on strong this year with passing both long and short at 79 acccuracy, his dribbling is strong and he's two footed at 7's. He controls the ball well and has the speed in 80's to cause problems in the middle. One day I hope to see him commanding my team from the centre.

Well, that's all for now, obviously with low funds ( only £3m in the bank) expected earning have dropped to (MINUS)-£4.7m and has left me with no choice in whether I'd like to sign anyone this year, maybe a BOSMAN deal or two after I've shifted a few players, but for now.. *GULP*

As someone who is considering buying PES 2013 would you guys recommend the master league mode, and how does it stack up against the Career Mode in Fifa 13?

Any information on the differences and what you feel makes PES better would be appreciated, thank you.

Lukas - was Weiss the player originally from Pescara?! If so then 98 overall is incredible and I'm glad I signed him :P
Weiss.jpg

Yes, the slovakian. He and Palombo were the only decent players i could find who were willing to join a recently promoted - but very promising :P - team from 2nd Bundesliga. It was a risky investiment at the time, since i spent all the money i had on them.

Luckily, they helped INGOLSTADT FC stay in division one, finishing just slightly above relegation zone

Btw, my season record so far
temp1.jpg

temp2.jpg

temp3.jpg

temp4.jpg

temp5.jpg

Last edited:
What does everyone have their transfer option set to? If I set it to 'low' does it keep transfer a bit realistic?

I'm going to start a new ML when Jan transfers are all done and might try it as I've always set Master league to 'Only Me'.

If I do have it set to 'only me' does the CPU bring in youth players for their squads?

I have set it as "low", i personally think the "only me" option might be a little boring..

On an unrelated note,
i just got promoted this season to D1 and looking on the year schedule i've noticed we're included in the group stage of Europa League.. how is that possible?
I didn't even win the D2 cup, i was runner up, and we managed to end in 1st place in D2 but does this gets us an European position for this season?

I won't complain because it means more revenue, even if our team might not be able to handle 3 competitions in a season.
My group seems quite easy, or at least, fair: Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, and a PES League team.

I have set it as "low", i personally think the "only me" option might be a little boring..

On an unrelated note,
i just got promoted this season to D1 and looking on the year schedule i've noticed we're included in the group stage of Europa League.. how is that possible?
I didn't even win the D2 cup, i was runner up, and we managed to end in 1st place in D2 but does this gets us an European position for this season?

I won't complain because it means more revenue, even if our team might not be able to handle 3 competitions in a season.
My group seems quite easy, or at least, fair: Ajax, Dynamo Kiev, and a PES League team.
It seems these strange EL spots are frequent in PES. I remember i got a spot even after failing in the cup and finishing below the EL zone in the league, but that was in PES 12.

Lol Supertalk remind me of my mate from my school days. He went through about 9 gamepads, would persistently rage quit and unistall the game, headbut the screen and swear blind he'd never touch it again. Then the next day he'd text me to come over for a game. :P

There's always going to be artificial stat boosts for the AI, but do claim Konami program the game to disable control of your players at crucial moments is complete paranoia IMO :JAY:

Any verdict on 1.03 yet? Still want to get back into this but waiting for the latest kitserver before i get stuck in. I quite like the look of the Russian league over at PesPatch.

On an unrelated note,

Did the team you lost to in the final come from the league above? If so, it's possible that the team you lost to might have qualified for Europe through their league position too. If that happens, I think it allows the runner up of the cup to take the European place, seeing as the other team would have effectively won two separate places into the same competition, if that makes sense.

@Danny, I think the incident where it screwed up the player control and made my player off the ball do a sliding tackle (and get a red card) rather than what I'd intended, well, that's not deliberate, just buggy gameplay. However, I have noticed on multiple occasions in the CL against really top, top teams and only on Superstar that it does make your defenders move away from attackers for a split second even if you are already controlling them. Once I noticed it, I noticed it again and again. It's not paranoia, just the game trying very badly to make things harder for the player. Drop down to Top Player and I haven't seen that happen once yet, so it must be linked to Superstar.

Only problem is, of course, that once I've gone down to Top Player, I'm now thrashing everyone out of sight. I'd already won the Portuguese League twice in a row on Superstar, but had to drop down for the CL as the cheating was absolutely crazy. But on Top Player I just beat Sporting in a local derby, 7-1. There's no happy medium between the two.

Ah well. I'm in season 4 now, the furthest I've got in a PES ML for a long time, which says something, but I've hit a bit of a wall with the game now. I've loved playing the league games, but having already won the Liga Con Sagres two seasons in a row on Superstar and now vowing to only play on Top Player for the sake of my own sanity (;))), it's become too easy and a bit of a chore to wade through for that very reason. I'm now thinking of only playing Champions League and Cup matches, and will sim most of the league season from now on. I'll see if I can guide Benfica to rank number one in the world before quitting. I should be ranked higher, given I've now won the League twice, league cup, Champions League and Super Cup. After all that I'm only ranked 18th.

And what's the deal with the awards for European Player of the Year? Does the game ever award it to anyone else other than Messi or Ronaldo? Bruno Cesar, from midfield, scored more goals than Messi, finished top scorer in the Champions League, won CL player of the tournament, won all accolades possible, yet he didn't even get in the top three.

I think a huge part of the sudden ease of the game on Top Player, howver, and in ML anyways, is due to the player development. It's way off the charts. The vast majority of my team, middling to average players when signed, are now all between 80-100 rated in just a few seasons. Bruno Cesar, who was rated at 75 when I signed on a free transfer in season 1, is now rated at 98 just three seasons later. That's too much. If I'd have done it again, I'd have turned player development off. That's a bit shit but the only option when you look around the other players - some really average, 70-75 rated players for the likes of lower teams in the game are now bizarrely high. A load of Reading players, for example, are 85 rated or more and I think I saw Sidwell or someone similar rated at 90. Thats simply too high. I played Real Madrid, of course one of the top teams in the world, and they didn't have a single player below 100.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom