PES 13 Master League Thread

Extended my unbeaten run to 47 matches, beat Barcelona 3-2 to go top of my CL group, and sat 5pts top of the Prem currently.
Will be moving up to Superstar after this season, bypassing Top Player as ive heard its horribly misaligned in terms of difficulty and scripting

Will be moving up to Superstar after this season, bypassing Top Player as ive heard its horribly misaligned in terms of difficulty and scripting

i find Top Player to be the most ejoyable, Superstar is just crazy difficult for me: no open spaces to play football, plus every AI attacker plays like Roberto Baggio on Messi's HGH

On an unrelated note,
i just got promoted this season to D1 and looking on the year schedule i've noticed we're included in the group stage of Europa League.. how is that possible?
I didn't even win the D2 cup, i was runner up, and we managed to end in 1st place in D2 but does this gets us an European position for this season?

I am pretty sure that a winner of the Cup qualified for Champions League and that's the resason why you as a runner up in the Cup got Europa League place!! ;)

Extended my unbeaten run to 47 matches, beat Barcelona 3-2 to go top of my CL group, and sat 5pts top of the Prem currently.

Just like PES 5, when professional was harder than Superstar.

Professional seems rather straight forward on PES 2013.

I can't really tell between top player and superstar, it's like they are the same challenge but it just shifts how the CPU plays really.

Superstar didn't pose me a great deal of problems to be honest, and I'm by no means the greatest PES player around. I managed to win promotion to the top division, then win the league twice, and the league cup once, inside three seasons on Superstar, with zero passing assists and starting with default ML players.

I then got to the Champions League semi-final with some awesome games that were really tight affairs, but as I ranted a while ago, I restarted the Man City semi final four times in a row, each time getting battered by the most crazy stat boosting and bizarre goals I've ever seen. Man City as a team offered nothing whatsoever, but each time pretty much slammed three, four or even five goals past me in each time I replayed the game via bizarre goals, or Aguero doing a Maradona and dribbling through (actually through their bodies) multiple players from inside his own half. Never seen anything like it. Given each time he could pass through my defender's bodies, and, well, the game was bizarrely unplayable.

So, I dropped it down to Top Player, and man, I must have improved because it was way too easy. I went on to win the Champions League, beating PSV of all teams, 3-2 in the final, then in the beginning of season 4 I won the Super Cup on Top Player against Real Madrid, again 3-2.

From then on, with it clear that Superstar is crazily unplayable in the latter stages of the top competition, I stuck to Top Player as it was much more balanced but ultimately too easy, and so unfortunately my ML just petered out after that. I ended up winning every game by huge margins (I beat Sporting 7-1 in the league, then my Champions League group game against Schalke saw me win away from home 8-1!!).

After that, I ended up skipping the league games and got further in the Champions League, but at the end of the day I wound up being bored just playing CL and quit my game during the fourth season. Enough ML for me I think now.

It's been a great game all in all, but ultimately Konami's inability to provide a proper, fair challenge has seen me give up on the game. I'll still play the odd little cup here and there, but I hated how much better everyone got in ML. It ended, only in season 4, with average Premier League players rated at 90+. That ain't right. But the fact that Top Player became so easy in the end, and Superstar was also pretty easy overall (with me winning the league twice by over 10pts each season, scoring goals for fun) but then completely turning on the play in the latter stages of the CL saw me with no real point anymore in playing it. Once I found myself scoring a goal and no longer being excited by it, I thought it was time to stop.

Ah well, I got my money's worth, I've been playing Far Cry 3 and though it's fantastic and blows PES out of the water in terms of how to make a current gen game, the irony is that I'll still have racked up so many more hours out of PES than I ever will with Far Cry.

Last edited:
Lost my unbeaten run after 48 games to a 3-2 defeat away at Swansea.
Had my CB Sobiech sent off for a nothing challenge in the 5th minute, went 2-0 down, brought it back to 2-2, with Danny Graham sneaking in to nod home at the near post in the 92nd minute. Welsh bastards.

That Far Cry game just looks stupid for me, that retard, stereotype boss criminal with the silly fancy dan face paint, terrible generic Latino accent, that annoys me.

I'm not a gamer so even if it looked good i wouldn't be interested, a lot of negativity regarding the theme of that game, it' seems terrible, nihilistic, very negative will all this subliminal crap in the menu.

just horrible. Sorry, just video games are so overhyped (including PES) these days. Too much boardroom greed and corruption.

Last edited:
Hi,
anyone knows how to change balls for Champions League in ML mode?I tried to look under edit>league settings but cannot find any options to change for CL.

Hi,
anyone knows how to change balls for Champions League in ML mode?I tried to look under edit>league settings but cannot find any options to change for CL.

You Cant. Champions League is licensed, therefore you must use the offical licensed ball.

Superstar didn't pose me a great deal of problems to be honest, and I'm by no means the greatest PES player around. I managed to win promotion to the top division, then win the league twice, and the league cup once, inside three seasons on Superstar, with zero passing assists and starting with default ML players.

I then got to the Champions League semi-final with some awesome games that were really tight affairs, but as I ranted a while ago, I restarted the Man City semi final four times in a row, each time getting battered by the most crazy stat boosting and bizarre goals I've ever seen. Man City as a team offered nothing whatsoever, but each time pretty much slammed three, four or even five goals past me in each time I replayed the game via bizarre goals, or Aguero doing a Maradona and dribbling through (actually through their bodies) multiple players from inside his own half. Never seen anything like it. Given each time he could pass through my defender's bodies, and, well, the game was bizarrely unplayable.

So, I dropped it down to Top Player, and man, I must have improved because it was way too easy. I went on to win the Champions League, beating PSV of all teams, 3-2 in the final, then in the beginning of season 4 I won the Super Cup on Top Player against Real Madrid, again 3-2.

From then on, with it clear that Superstar is crazily unplayable in the latter stages of the top competition, I stuck to Top Player as it was much more balanced but ultimately too easy, and so unfortunately my ML just petered out after that. I ended up winning every game by huge margins (I beat Sporting 7-1 in the league, then my Champions League group game against Schalke saw me win away from home 8-1!!).

After that, I ended up skipping the league games and got further in the Champions League, but at the end of the day I wound up being bored just playing CL and quit my game during the fourth season. Enough ML for me I think now.

It's been a great game all in all, but ultimately Konami's inability to provide a proper, fair challenge has seen me give up on the game. I'll still play the odd little cup here and there, but I hated how much better everyone got in ML. It ended, only in season 4, with average Premier League players rated at 90+. That ain't right. But the fact that Top Player became so easy in the end, and Superstar was also pretty easy overall (with me winning the league twice by over 10pts each season, scoring goals for fun) but then completely turning on the play in the latter stages of the CL saw me with no real point anymore in playing it. Once I found myself scoring a goal and no longer being excited by it, I thought it was time to stop.

Ah well, I got my money's worth, I've been playing Far Cry 3 and though it's fantastic and blows PES out of the water in terms of how to make a current gen game, the irony is that I'll still have racked up so many more hours out of PES than I ever will with Far Cry.

I aint being funny but you must be very very good at the game or especially against cpu tactics.

I am one of best players with my bunch of mates and if I am slack can get beat on Proffesional level often.

THen again maybe my mates all suck also lol

400px-AS_Rodos_Logo.svg.png

Well my Rodos team are going great in the PG Primiera League, 1st with 5 points from Porto and the end of the season is looming, sure it's around 6 or 7 games to go.

Got knocked out the cup, which was a sore one to take in the semi's, however saw it coming as I couldn't get through their defence enough and felt it in the wind. So fell against Olympiakos.

Looking to bring in some players in the summer, but not too many as I'm relatively happy with the team. Looking to bring in Tshabalala, Agata, Mphela, Taxtsidis and a young Japanese player who's name escapes me at the moment but plays in Germany. Although I will look at my youth team too, as picked up young Castolis (Greek) who has been impressive.

Will release 1 or 2 more players, as I did let Friend and Rupp leave in the January window.

FD

With Malaga currently joint top in the league with 2 other teams. Barca and Valencia.
Out of the Copa Del Rey. Next game is 4 in my CL group. So far Ive P3 W2 L1.
Signed a new keeper and left back (names escape me) who will join in Jan 13.
It currently Nov in my league

Experienced a moment of pure jubilation right now.

Got my first win with Toulouse and with a 90th minute winner from Castolis, flew out of my chair with joy.

Loving the game so far.

Experienced a moment of pure jubilation right now.

Got my first win with Toulouse and with a 90th minute winner from Castolis, flew out of my chair with joy.

Loving the game so far.

Castolis and Gellazca are awesome ;)

Game is ruined by its broken form system. ML just isnt fun when you win a game and won it well to find your team on blue. Its about time konami got rid of the broken form and replaced it with something else that works. Keepers in ML are also dodgy with position and generally conceade alot of goals. Scripting is OTT aswell.

Defenders do not track well either and leave lots of space behind them to easily exploit.

wing backs are out of position most of the time too.

So many issues with this game that hopefully a brand new engine can start to help put pes back at the top.

Game is ruined by its broken form system. ML just isnt fun when you win a game and won it well to find your team on blue. Its about time konami got rid of the broken form and replaced it with something else that works. Keepers in ML are also dodgy with position and generally conceade alot of goals. Scripting is OTT aswell.

Defenders do not track well either and leave lots of space behind them to easily exploit.

So many issues with this game that hopefully a brand new engine can start to help put pes back at the top.

If you defend properly or play a deeper line you can avoid the space in behind the defence.

Game is ruined by its broken form system. ML just isnt fun when you win a game and won it well to find your team on blue. Its about time konami got rid of the broken form and replaced it with something else that works.

Form can be erratic, but can also be countered with equipping the form increase item, and improving your coaching staff to one with better form development.
Chopping and changing the team causes form fluctuations too.

Keepers in ML are also dodgy with position and generally conceade alot of goals. Scripting is OTT aswell.

I find Keepers pretty damn good, they save some amazing shots - its just the animation that mostly lets them down, belly flopping onto lose balls that are a yard away etc - would expect a massive improvement with the new engine

Rarely ever let the CPU exploit space behind my defense. the CPU LOVES the through ball so always ensure you track the off the ball runners, whilst containing the man with the ball

Check you haven't got the 'swap positions' setting in the tactics screen set to high, as this gives players permission to wander. Also do your wing backs have the 'marauding run' or similar card? this can cause them to play more loosely.
Also manually changing to a more defensive level during the game makes your players stay put in their positions.

Just finished the season as premier League winners, also won the UEFA Super Cup, got the final of the FA Cup and last 16 of the Champions league.
Moved up to Superstar level for the new season, won pre-season friendlies 3-0 and 4-0 and have won both opening games of the season so far.

Thoroughly enjoying my ML and I'm halfway through the season so I'll figured I'd share what's happened with you:

Currently sat 9th in D2, which I feel is actually pretty decent considering it's only the first season and the defaults are awful (well the majority are).

3 wins and a draw in December puts me 5 points away from the top 6 which, if my form continues, I should be able to achieve. It's been really hard to actually get the team playing, it was so stale and there was no movement but they seem to have warmed to the system now and I'm playing some really nice stuff only failing to defeat the team in 1st place due to a lucky goal for them in the 85th minute.

Managed to get rid of two of the defaults and actually gain a small boost to my funds. I have purchased a RWF Soddimo from Pescara who can play pretty much every advanced position on the pitch which is useful and he's got a bit of pace about him. Seems to be a bargain at €205,000, but we'll soon find out.

Managed to cause a bit of an upset and beat Valenciennes in the first round of the French Cup but sadly got knocked out by Montpellier in the following round, despite going 1-0 up initially.

So yeah, having an interesting time and this game really is fantastic. Cheers for reading this, if any of you guys did.

Good going mate!! it took me 5 seasons to get promoted from D2. Once you start to build a better team though the game takes on a whole new life, its more fluid, responsive and playing isn't such a chore any more.
well worth the struggle in the early seasons.

400px-AS_Rodos_Logo.svg.png

Well success with Rodos, won the Primiera Liga from Porto.

Have now automatically qualified for the CL, so a new adventure.

Have brought in quite a bit of money, so have now upgraded my backroom staff.

Assunacao (Portugese DM) retired, I played him in the final game as captain.

Have brought in a few players, I'd rather have got Tshabalala and Mphela in earlier in their career, but have got them in now. Also brought in young Japan player Takashi Usami. Also brought in Greek forward Mitroglu.

Maybe bring in another 1 or 2 players, but will see.

Getting happier with the squad now and think I have enough bodies to deal with injuries and suspensions etc.

FD

Good going mate!! it took me 5 seasons to get promoted from D2. Once you start to build a better team though the game takes on a whole new life, its more fluid, responsive and playing isn't such a chore any more.
well worth the struggle in the early seasons.

Haha cheers! I can see it taking me 2 or 3 seasons to get out this division. Need a striker and a new pair of centre halves. Unfortunately finances don't really permit that haha.

On another note, do the focus points you apply in training actually have a big effect on stat increases? My coach is mainly focusing on improving passing but in all honesty I can't tell whether it has made a difference.

Haha cheers! I can see it taking me 2 or 3 seasons to get out this division. Need a striker and a new pair of centre halves. Unfortunately finances don't really permit that haha.

On another note, do the focus points you apply in training actually have a big effect on stat increases? My coach is mainly focusing on improving passing but in all honesty I can't tell whether it has made a difference.

Not sure how much the focus points boost training, in general the development model within PES this year is far too generous, you can literally take any player, even a 50 rated youth and within a few seasons he'll be up at 90+

Not sure how much the focus points boost training, in general the development model within PES this year is far too generous, you can literally take any player, even a 50 rated youth and within a few seasons he'll be up at 90+

The player growth so far in mine hasn't been too outrageous yet.

I am wary of it becoming ridiculous and ruining the ML though.

Hi,

Just a bit confused with the items you can buy to help develop your team?

What is the option I should be looking to buy in order to try and improve the coloured arrows. I get a lot of blues and purples.

Is it a staff member I need to change, or is it a extra item I need to purchase to improve this?

TIA

FD

Hi - I posted this is the main thread earlier and realised I should have posted here.

Hi!

I`m ready to finally start a Master League after editing all the January transfers through the night(!)

I`m on PS3 and I have a question(s) regarding Player Development. After reading through these forums I am seeing bad things about the Player Development. It seems the the players are rising too quickly and after a few season the game is a bit ridiculous to play - Is this still the case with the latest patch?

If it is still bad what are the consequences of turning player development off? The following questions are regarding if you do turn the player development to OFF

Do your players still rise/fall but the players in other teams do not?

What happens when players retire, are you left with a world of mediocre players? Do any good youngsters come in with good ratings?

What is the point in hiring coaches and such if there is no player development?

Do players still drop in ability as they get older?

I think that`s it, thanks for any help and advice I`m so undecided whether to turn the player development on or off. I really want a long lasting game. I`m planning on starting with Liverpool

Man, playing away games are really tough...the form of your players really drop when you're away from home...

how much difference do form arrows make.

Like say on sacle of -2 to 2. Obvs 0 being level.

At 2 straight up arrow do the players stats get boosted though its invisble as in you dont see any change on the player stats it just happens.

how bad do they plyay at -2.

Eg. If you have like Samuel Eto on -2 but have some 70 rated striker on 0,2 or 2 would it be better to play the average in form striker or the out of form star striker.

Also how does fatigue effect players? High fatigue means they will lose stamina faster.

And was does low stamina do? It means they run slower or they run at fastest speed for less time?

At 2 straight up arrow do the players stats get boosted though its invisble as in you dont see any change on the player stats it just happens.

Eg. If you have like Samuel Eto on -2 but have some 70 rated striker on 0,2 or 2 would it be better to play the average in form striker or the out of form star striker.

Also how does fatigue effect players? High fatigue means they will lose stamina faster.

And was does low stamina do? It means they run slower or they run at fastest speed for less time?

I use the form arrows as a marker for rotation, mainly so I can't help that much tbh.

But from the occasions I have played a player with a blue/purple form arrow I don't think it's that they're automatically guaranteed to play badly. But (now I don't whether this is me imagining things) I think they're more prone to a bad touch, over/under-hitting a pass and they're less likely to adopt a dangerous position on the attack, and may be out of position in defence.

But then again, this could well be me looking to closely at the game or seeing things that aren't particularly true.

This should be of some help. ;)

formnh7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom